Start by marking “Talon (Uncompromising, #1)” as Want to Read:

Uncompromising Series Book One

I surf.
I fuck.
I pretend to smile.

Two years ago my life was perfect, until it wasn’t. I scattered my wife’s ashes then walked away from the Marines. I didn’t think I had anything left to lose.

I was wrong.

The blond showed up at my surf shop, beaten and stabbed. I did what I was trained to do—I stitched her up. I didn’t have a clue who she w
Published March 1st 2016 by Sybil Bartel

To ask other readers questions about Talon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talon

XxTainaxX
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
My favorite type of heroine is one that is confident and isn't afraid to kick @$$. As someone who's read hundred and hundreds of books, I can understand that not all, in fact, not most heroines are going to be that. Then, there are the complete doormats. What's worse are emotionless doormats. That is what Nicole is and I don't think I've disliked a heroine this much in a really long time. As much as I was tempted to DNF it, I was really hoping it got better. Let's not even get into the fact that ...more
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 3.5 Stars *****

"I'm done paddlin' out because I found my magic. You're my perfect wave."

Talon is a spin off from Sybil Bartel’s Unchecked series. As a reader that didn’t read the other series, I felt a little left out throughout the book, especially when random characters were mentioned.

The entire story is in Talon’s POV. Although I didn’t enjoy his times of irrationality, I did love his sexy heroic moments.

Nicole is a beautiful woman with lots of baggage and secrets. She comes to Talon
Lana
Feb 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Eh this was okay,it is my first book from this author and this is sequel but kinda it isn't.
There is a lot of charachters and I really like how involved they were - just like a big family.
It was nice but I didn't like Nicole so much.

3.5 STARS

*ARC kindly provided via NetGalley for the exchange of an honest review*
Kate's Corner
I didn’t know until I started reading this book that it was a spin off series from the ‘Unchecked’ series. This is a peeve for me as I hate it when I don’t know it beforehand. I feel as if I’ve missed something and that I need to back track and read the others. I didn’t with this book.

This was a nice quick read that was easy to read and sucked you into the story but and this is just my personal opinion, most of the heroes in books like these become game changers. Which I’m slightly irritated by.
Amy
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Siren Stars

“Siren didn’t just take my breath away, she stole my reason.”

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for Talon’s story. Ever since I was first introduced to his character in The Unchecked Series, I had to know more about him. I asked Sybil Bartel. I begged her to please give us Talon’s story and let me tell you, it was so worth the wait. Talon’s story does not disappoint one bit.

On the outside, Talon appears to have it all together; an ex military man, now surfer and surf shop
Carlene Inspired
3.5 Stars
ARC received via Xpresso Book Tours.

I almost decided I wouldn't read this book after several of my reviewer friends gave lackluster reviews, but that cover just kept pulling me in. Can we say hot? So I gave in and read it anyway, turns out I am the opposite of some of my friends, because I really enjoyed this one!

Talon is a spin off of Sybil Bartel's Unchecked series, which I didn't read prior to reading Talon. Do I feel like I am probably missing something? Yes. However, it didn't tak
NiCoLeTa E.
Feb 01, 2016 marked it as to-read
***ARC kindly provided via NetGalley for the exchange of an honest review***
Jan
Action packed read

Talon owns a surf shop he's a man who loves the ocean and ex marine but still gets plenty action,trouble seems to knock on his door he has a reputation for coming to the rescue and a playboy rep. Since the death of his wife he's a one night wonder with the ladies until a blue eyed blonde comes knocking.

Nicole seeks Talon out after a beating from her ex and this alpha is the guy to rescue her.

Being book 1 I didn't expect it to have reference to other books, I didn't have a cl
Heather andrews
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Talon is protective and a tad bit over possessive when it comes to having others see his woman in a state of undress, “walkin’ into my kitchen in nothin’ but my T-shirt and eff-me underwear.” I spun her around and held her against my raging hard-on. “You wanna know what else was a mistake?” I rubbed up and down her a**, dragging my tongue along her neck and biting her ear. “Thinkin’ I wouldn’t follow through just because we got company.” Talon may be a rough and tough guy but he's so sweet to hi
Mia Searles (The Muses Circle)
One of my new favorite authors who can write the male perspective like nobody's business. A more thorough review to come!
Coco.V

I surf.
I fuck.
I pretend to smile.

I was wrong.

The blonde showed up on my doorstep beaten and stabbed. I did what I was trained to do — I stitched her up. I didn’t have a clue who she was and I told myself I didn’t care. Until they came looking for her.

I swore I’d take my last breath before I
Teja
Jan 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, this sucks. I cannot express how much I loved Talon in Thrust. He was so sweet and I just wanted to hug him. That's why it's so depressing to see how and with who he ends up. It's underwhelming. Sooo... I'm going with denial. This book didn't happen. Talon is still his awesome sexy self. And very much single. He deserved better than this story and Nicole.
Hope next one is better.
Tina ( As Told By Tina )
Disclosure: I received a copy from the author/publisher, in exchange for an honest review. This does not influence my review in any shape or form.

Before you pick up Talon there is some things you should know, Talon is the beginning of the Uncompromising Series, which is a spinoff of the Unchecked Series. I personally would recommend reading The Uncompromising Series before starting Talon.

Talon was one of my most anticipated releases of 2016. I really enjoyed Talon’s character in the Uncompromi
Alba M.
Talon ha dedicado su vida como médico a los marines, pero ahora, lo único que tiene en su vida es dolor. Así que lo ahoga como puede: alcohol y mujeres para superar a su ex mujer. Eso es, hasta que Nicole aparece en su puerta, herida y con un montón de equipaje y no precisamente de ropa. Talon no tiene sitio para el amor, todavía sufre por su ex mujer ... O eso cree el.

Le doy 3 estrellas porque en realidad no sé qué nota darle. Este libro, y la manera de escribir de la autora me dejaron muy muy
Faith89
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
copy received through Netgalley
It took a while to remember meeting Talon in The Unchecked series with Layna and Blaze. It was like meeting two separate characters. He seemed a little more approachable in the first series. He was wearing a mask and in this series the mask was pulled off. He was still mourning his wife and angry about everything. I didn't think I would like him at all in this book but, the story is from his point of view and helps you get to know him and actually like him
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Talon Talerco has a bit hero complex, putting himself in harms way and coming to the aid of those in need to save the day is something he thrives off of, it's the one thing he knows he's good at and he doesn't have any plans of giving it up anytime soon. It's the main reason he joined the military, he had this insatiable desire to test his personal limits and be able to help people, so being a medic seemed like a perfect fit to him. But even after leaving the military, that ever present urge was ...more
Caro [The Book Rogue]
Why I picked this story up:

I fell head over heels for Talon and was impossibly intrigued by Neil during Blaze and Layna's story, so of course I'd jump on this new series.

What I found:

So I fell hard for Talon, the compassionate hardass Recon medic with lots of kinks and cracks in his armor, just to find out that he has a stupidly short fuse that does not go well with his general distrust in the candor of other people's feelings towards him, and a mean tongue when he lashes out. I really wouldn't
Romance Readers Retreat
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it

I really really really wanted to love this book and I think I could have if I had known that Talon was a spin off from another series the author wrote. I felt like situations and side characters that were brought up were glossed over as if I should have already known about them. To be honest, I didn't really get into this book till around 60%. The first half of the book had a lot going on but I feel like it didn't really connect and it didn't all come together for me till that last ~40%
Nikki
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC provide in place of an honest review.

OH MY GOD! TALOOOOOON!

Let me tell you people, I needed this book like I need my next breath of fresh air. I've been dying, DYING to read Talon! The anticipation I elapsed waiting for this book was worth it, a million times over. Oh my god, you really have no idea. Sybil Bartel made a piece of art here. A talented, twisted, mind numbing art. This was a story that needed to be told. No matter the hurt, the hate, the love, it was all there and shouting to
Dawn
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found a new Author and a new series.

Talon's story is hard to read without having a boatload of emotions run through you and you can pretty much experience all of them here in this story. There is nothing like an alpha group of men being there for one another and when Nicole (Siren) Asher is found sitting outside Talon's surf shop hurt and scared out of her wits but completely composed, or at least trying to be, Talon and his former teammates and friends gather around.
What happens next throug
Tara The Obsessive Book Reader!
This book was unlike anything I was expecting. I am so glad that I had found this author. Sybil Bartel I love your writing and your characters.

Talon is suffering from pain, a pain when you loose someone you love. This love was his wife. Talon has a choice to move on and take a chance or stay rooted to the guilt, pain and suffering. Which one will be choose?

In washes in like a beach wave to the shore, a siren named Nicole. Nicole comes to talon for help, she's withholding a secret that she can'
Princess J. Antoinette
Okay so this was the first time I've read anything from this author. I wasn't totally impressed by her writing skills or her storyline for that matter.

The story wasn't all that original and in most cases what books really are? But at least there's no predictably of what's going to happen,at every turn right? *smh* Well that was not the case here..

Okay that's not fair, I would say there were a few surprises and a few twist and turns but nothing remarkable to get all excited about.

I didn't conn
Keri
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I must say I liked this a lot, it was actually a bit of a surprise bc I thought ex-military man whore meets damsel in distress is sort of over done BUT this was done in a way it kept me captivated throughout and didn't feel cliche. Talon is for lack of a better word a dick, but he's got a solid heart of gold and MAN could he melt my panties. Nicole, who we don't get to understand too much until the end was a strong female especially knowing all she'd been through. Their relationship isn't normal ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I found in this read a soul that has been deeply scarred and worn from the life that was lived and the choices, mistakes, actions taken in life. I found a chance to make that life something more. Something filling. Something feeling.

He felt like he had nothing to give. Nothing to share. NOTHING. A man that could love as deep as he did can do it again. It just takes the right woman. Not just any one. In walks the blond.

I refuse to give anything away here. You HAVE to read this one for yourself.
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
Mar 05, 2016 marked it as no-thank-you
Staying clear of this one. Thank you to XxTainaxX's for her wonderful and honest review!

Naomi
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
No hay versión en español de este libro, según Goodreads y Amazon, asi que dejo la traducción de la sinopsis para mis amigos de habla hispana en Goodreads:

Yo surfeo
Yo follo.
Pretendo sonreír.

Hace dos años mi vida era perfecta, hasta que no lo era. Dispersé las cenizas de mi esposa y luego me alejé de los marines. No creía que tuviera nada que perder.

Estaba equivocado.

La rubia apareció en mi puerta golpeada y apuñalada. Hice lo que me entrenaron para hacer, la cosí. No tuve que darme cuenta de qu
Hart's Reader Group
I actually BOUGHT this book because I fell in love with Sybil Bartel's writing in THRUST. Sadly, this book was a waste of my time and money.

This book had such a great premise; sexy ex-military guy saves battered woman and falls in love with her. Unfortunately, this story didn't follow through with expectations.

The romance was non-existent. Sure, he fell for her, but it was so fast and unbelievable you're left wondering what happened in between the words... Did you miss something? It's possible y
Fleur
I am not a huge expert of the genre, but I have to say I overall enjoyed it. The criminal/fighting plot was a little heavy for my taste (I have to admit I had to concentrate to know who was who was exactly what they were doing) but it was refreshing. I saw a lot of bad reviews centered toward Nicole, but I have to say I really enjoyed where the author went with her character and exactly why she was behaving the way she did. Another thing I deeply enjoyed despite myself is the way these too keep ...more
Brenda Hairston
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting, surprising, twist, tears, stimulating

Easy to get into from the beginning. Each turn of the page hype you up for the next page. Never boring.
  • Olin (A Brikken Motorcycle Club Saga, #3)
  • Exotic Racing Crusader (Exotic Racers #1)
  • Promise
  • Glock (The Bad Disciples MC #4)
  • Lethal Temptations (Tempted Series, #5)
  • Rogan (Men of Siege, #1)
  • Rough and Rugged (Notorious Devils MC, #3)
  • Closer (Loose Ends, #2)
  • Dirty Tactics (Special Weapons & Tactics, #1)
  • Spin (Boosted Hearts, #2)
  • Down & Dirty: Hawk (Dirty Angels MC, #3)
  • Sadist (Malicious Intent M.C. #1)
  • The Escort (Shamed, #3)
Sybil grew up in Northern California with her head in a book and her feet in the sand. She used to dream of becoming a painter but the heady scent of libraries with their shelves full of books about wistful summer days and first loves drew her into the world of storytelling.

Sybil now resides in Southern Florida and while she doesn't get to read as much as she likes, she still buries her toes in t

The Uncompromising (6 books)
  • Neil (The Uncompromising, #2)
  • André (The Uncompromising, #3)
  • Bennett (The Uncompromising, #4)
  • Callan (The Uncompromising, #5)
  • Roark (The Uncompromising, #6)
“For all the men and women in our Armed Forces, thank you so much for your service.” 1 likes
“The split second before it touches your tongue, there's anticipation. The second it hits your taste buds, there's promise. When you swallow, its satisfaction. Anticipation, promise, satisfaction - it's the perfect trifecta. But it only lasts for the first bite.” 1 likes