Start by marking “Blonde Date (The Ivy Years, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Blonde Date (The Ivy Years, #2.5)

Blonde Date

(The Ivy Years #2.5)

A blind date. A nervous sorority girl. A mean-spirited fraternity prank. What could possibly go wrong?

As a sorority pledge, there are commandments that Katie Vickery must live by. One: thou shalt not show up for the party without a date. Two: the guy shall be an athlete, preferably an upperclassman.

Unfortunately, Katie just broke up with her jerkface football player
Published July 6th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Blonde Date, please sign up.
Sarina Bowen Ah! Good question. The answer is... not soon. But not because I don't like them together. I absolutely do! The next character to get a full length…moreAh! Good question. The answer is... not soon. But not because I don't like them together. I absolutely do! The next character to get a full length novel will (probably) be Bella. Have you met Bella? She figures prominently into Understatement of the Year.(less)

Start your review of Blonde Date (The Ivy Years, #2.5)
Christy
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-audios

Katie and Andy were fantastic! Their novella focused on their first date, which also happened to be a blind date.

Katie is the most beautiful freshman on campus. Andy has noticed her. Andy is a basketball player. Tall, lanky, and not quite Katie's type, but after getting burned by her ex- a football player/frat boy, she's looking for someone different. Someone nice. Andy fits the bill
Jen
4.5 Stars

Normally I find I don't really connect with novellas this short but I absolutely loved Blonde Date. As much as I enjoyed Katie, the star of this story is Andy. Gah! His sweet adorableness almost overwhelmed me, but what a way to go.

Time for a Hail Mary maneuver. Maybe if I reach down and touch her there. Wait… how do guys do this? My arm is stuck. I can’t get out of my own way. Wait. Okay. Right there. Winning! Yeah!

It's so refreshing to spend some book time with a twentyish year old
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Andrew Isaac Baschnagel. Now THAT'S a name of a guy I'm interested in. *Jew Alert*

I've really enjoyed each and every book in this series, especially the to DIE for The Understatement of the Year, which is expertly narrated, BTW, and Blonde Date was another good one. Again, Saskia Maarleveld does a decent job reading, but there is something about her voice that sounds too old for NA to me. Nick Podehl was awesome again as the slightly dorky and awesome Andy.

What impressed me most about this
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

A nice little novella featuring a couple of side characters of this series. Really sweet, wish it was smexier, but bonus points for the charming endearing underdog (who is in no way shabby whatsoever) who wins the hot girl!
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Bella
5 Novella Stars

I don’t read Novellas and if I do I don’t usually write a review on them, but I LOVE Andy and Katie so much I was really happy for this book. I kind of wished it was a full length novel, but I’ll take what I get.

Andy is the dorky nerdy guy that is suite mate with Bridger. I loved Andy because I have an odd attraction towards nerdy guys in books, maybe because I married a nerdy guy and guess what? His name is Andy too, so there you go.

I liked that Katie is the total opposite of
Duchess Nicole
4.5 Stars
Roughly 75 pages of awesome. Beta male, wholly different than what the heroine is looking for but in reality perfect for her. He's shy and a little goofy, she's the high school prom queen with insecurities. He's protective. She's beginning to see why the other guys never worked out for her. All in one date. LOVED! Absolutely a favorite series of mine. So happy, happy, happy that it caught my eye. Oh, and the epilogue...perfection! There are always two sides to every story. No excuse,
JewelsyGoolsy
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Short and sweet.
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Review originally posted on Mostly YA Lit:

SO. FREAKING. CUTE. We first meet Andy as Bridger’s roommate in The Year We Hid Away, and here, in this novella, we see him fumbling around on a blind date. Despite how short this novella is, it manages to touch on many of Sarina Bowen’s signature themes: family, sexual consent and slut-shaming, feminism and breaking out of cliches. Oh and did I mention that it’s sexy and cute as well?
Luzie
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review may contain SPOILERS!
I was pleasantly surprised by this novella and also based on my star-rating you could already tell that this was clearly my favorite story of the series. Starting with the star of this story, which is Andrew, who is both funny and suportive and super-cute and at the same time his cluelessness just makes him that much more appealing. Most importantly though is, that he doesn't have a tragic backstory, he's just a genuinely great guy and I loved him as an
Auntee
Sweet, nerdy guy gets the sexy girl?
I loved it!
Wished it was novel-length, but still 5 stars!!
J
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This lady is one heck of a writer. This is a novella so some people don't believe in giving 5 stars to a short book. I have no problem in doing that when the book is this good.

If you have read any of the other "Ivy Year's" books (but you certainly don't need to read the other ones to understand this one), "Blonde Date" is about Andy, Bridger's basketball playing roommate and Katie, who is one of the two Katie's that roomed with Scarlet. Andy is kind of a nerdie, not very worldly, kind soul on
Jeannine Allison
5 stars (Re-Read 6/15/17)

5 stars (First Read 10/18/15)

PERFECTION. THIS is what a novella should be. Maybe I'm being greedy but I really really hope that Andy and Katie get their own full length novel. I loved how awkward and nerdy and shy Andy was. I know that a lot of people like the asshole hero, and sometimes I enjoy it. But for me, characters like Andy are where it's at. He was so freaking genuine and kind. I don't know if I like Bridger or Andy more, honestly I could live in that fire
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone. A solid, enjoyable read!
05/24/2015 -- 5 Stars

What a perfect short story. I'm not normally a fan of short stories, but this author is now on my "I'll read just about anything she writes" list and this was just appealed to me.

She blew me away. It was perfect. It had a beginning, a middle and an end and it wasn't all rushed to cram it all in. It was complete, developed and had characters you wanted more of an didn't want it to end. Really loved it.

I could go crazy and tell you tons about it and put my little rating scale
namericanwordcat
Oh, I was charmed by this romance. I love a kind steadfast hero. He is sexy too. Because guess what? Being thoughtful and attentive is hot and so is really being into someone.

The heroine is grabbling with an awful thing that happened to her and trying to find her way through to herself and she does so in a lovely way.

The romance is super sexy. I feel like rereading it right now.
MountainKat
I am really enjoying this series! This was a sweet addition even without the depth of the prior books. We met the characters, Andy and Katie, in the previous book, but we got to know them more in this. I hope we get to see more of them!
ShoSho
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-2017, contemporary, elib
Loved it as much as the other books in the series.
Ami
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rarely use the term "book boyfriend". But when I read this novella, I know that I wanted Andrew Isaac Baschnagel as my book boyfriend!! Gosh, I loved that young man!

Andy first appeared in Bridger & Scarlet's book, The Year We Hid Away. He's Bridger's next door neighbor. He charmed me immediately because he was kind and very helpful to Bridger. Katie Vickery also appeared in the same book, one of Scarlet's roommates, better known as Blondie Katie. I didn't get much of impression from Katie
Suzanne
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Optimistic and brave characters I cared about, seamless writing, and fulfilling storytelling, despite the short length.
Teresa
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
I went into this book with lower expectations because it was a novella and they can be so hit or miss with me. And while I loved Andy in the previous book, Katie was too cookie cutter and not enough depth for me. So the fact that it ended up having more depth was a welcome surprise for me. Andy still stole the show though. He's such an adorable hero.
Pamela
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, sweet College Romance. Some of the scenes toward the end of this audiobook made me laugh.
Annery
***Review to Come but I freakin' loved this. On a roll with this series***
11/7/16 Finally time to write a review.
Audio by Nick Podehl and Saskia Maarleveld is fantastic.

Sarina Bowen has spun gold from what other writers would call scraps. Andy Baschnagel and Katie Vickery a.k.a "blond" Katie and The Baschnagel Boy from The Year We Hid Away basically side characters who lend color in that book are thrust center stage and boy do they shine in the spotlight.

We get to know Katie for more than the
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, own
Re Read: Jan 2018
Still one of my favorite Novellas. Sarina is fantastic at taking a short story and filling it with fun little surprises. Don't skip this if you're reading The Ivy Years Series!

Original review: Feb 2016
This was a super cute, funny, laid back read!! Don't skip over this novella if you're reading The Ivy Years series!! I loved Andy, he was 100% gentleman, and it was nice to see another side of Blonde Katie :)
Bookphenomena (Micky)
This novella is totally worthwhile when you're into the series. It catalogues two previously background characters but brings them into the fore in a way you're really glad you got to know about them. Andy was absolutely adorable and Katie blossomed. Go read this after book two and be blown away by the cute.
Jenn (not Lily)
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f
I guess I had read this before, but I really didn't remember it -- such a great short! I hope Andy and Katie have a long and happy relationship -- the animal game at the sorority house is fabulous!
Malin
Katie Vickery is a sorority pledge and there is no way she can show up to a party without a date. Having just broken up with her jerky football player boyfriend, she's at a bit of a loss, until her roommate Scarlet sets her up with a childhood friend, Andrew Baschnagel. While Katie normally dates football players, at least Andy is an athlete and an upperclassman, even if the sport is basketball. Of course, Katie pretty much wants to eat worms than go to the party, as her lowlife ex is going to ...more
Haidoulina
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A funny, short story.... I loved the game with the animals... I liked Andy and Katie... Their date was fun..
Ashley
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blonde Date is so much fun. It’s a short and quick story about Andy and Katie who we met in The Year We Hid Away. Katie needed a date and Andy is a good guy so it all worked out. In more ways than one.

I had a blast reading this book. Andy is seriously awkward when it comes to girls that it was a nice change from Sarina Bowen’s other heroes. His banter with his sister was wonderful and made me laugh a lot. He was easily relatable to me because well, I really am that awkward. I really enjoyed the
Pam Nelson
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Blonde Date Stars

Katie & Andrew

We meet both Andrew and Katie in the book previous. And you can’t help but want more of Andy he is so freaking sweet and to know he gets the girl he has been crushing on.. LOVED it.

The humor in the books was perfect. I loved that I smiled pretty much nonstop throughout this book.

It’s a must read if you’re going to dig in to this series.

*You don't have to like my review but its 100% my opinion, and I am allowed to have it.*
Maida
Damn... I was contemplating giving this novella 4-5 stars. The first 75% of the novella was just THAT good. Unfortunately, the storyline fell apart for me towards the end, during the bedroom scene. The erratic short paragraphs & the jarring shifts in POV were just WEIRD. Absolutely bizarre!!! The sex scene was weak, weird & distracting... which is a shame. Sadly, it detracted from the storyline as a whole.

*3.9/5 stars*
Bev
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bloody-loved-it
Oh man I LOVED this wee novella (that was so brilliantly written it didn't seem like a novella).

I absolutely adored Andy, his inner monologue was priceless and had me snorting at times. Loved his caring and thoughtfulness, the way he bolstered Katie just when she needed it proves that hot men do not have to be alpha-holes to get their girl.

An adorable, sweet read that was just perfect for Andy and Katie. Sarina Bowen has become a 1 click auto buy author for me, I love her writing.
Play Book Tag: Blonde Date by Sarina Bowen - 4 stars 1 9 Oct 20, 2018 07:00PM

• Goodbye Paradise (Hello Goodbye, #1)
  • Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye, #2)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • Say Yes
  • Up All Night (Up-All-Night-Reihe 1)
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)
  • The Chase (Briar U, #1)
  • Switch Bidder (Jock Hard #2.5)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • Christmas in the City
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
  • Downed (Gridiron, #3)
  • Jock Row (Jock Hard, #1)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • The Goal (Off-Campus, #4)
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
sarina bowen
Sarina Bowen is the USA Today bestselling author of 30+ books, including: the True North series, and the Brooklyn Bruisers. She's the co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy. She's the author of The Ivy Years series, and more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by trope and style.
Need

The Ivy Years (6 books)
  • The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years, #1)
  • The Year We Hid Away (The Ivy Years, #2)
  • The Understatement of the Year (The Ivy Years, #3)
  • The Shameless Hour (The Ivy Years, #4)
  • The Fifteenth Minute (The Ivy Years, #5)
  • Extra Credit: Three Ivy Years Novellas (The Ivy Years, #6)
“some lipstick on his dipstick?” I” 1 likes