Start by marking “The Stolen Twin” as Want to Read:
The Stolen Twin

Read Book* *Different edition

The Stolen Twin

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  649 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
On the surface, Kit Caldwell has it all. A senior in college with her future ahead of her, lots of friends, lots of parties…not to mention also having the eye of Tommy, the star quarterback of the football team.

But underneath, Kit's life is a charade, built on a foundation of secrets and lies, including one so dark it threatens to tear her world apart: her twin sister, Ca
Published November 16th 2015 by Creative Concepts and Copywriting LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Stolen Twin, please sign up.
Pat
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Barbara Fields
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love, love loved It!

I really did enjoy reading this book. I was relieved that it wasn't a paranormal book, since I don't read those at all.... It was fast paced and kept me wanting to know what had happened to the twin. I have to be honest, the ONLY reason I got it was because I'm a twin so the title really fascinated me and drew me in. I'm glad I decided to get it, because it is a seriously good book. The CF angle wasn't my favorite, especially since both my sister and I grew up with asthma, my
Arabicbeauty *BookBabe*
This novel was okay, nothing special. I did find the main character a bit whiny and annoying. It held a good amount of mystery but overall just wasn't a memorable or amazing book.
Linda
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book! What a story! Kept me guessing all the way throw! Good Book!
Di
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Story one can not put down

I quite enjoyed this first book by author Michelle PW. It really gave one an understanding of how one suffers from CF but also it was a good mystery. I hope she writes others. The style of writing flowed easily. There is a good balance of narration and dialogue. As well the dialogue appeared natural not forced. Since it is a mystery I don't want to give others hints. I read this book through my Kindle Unlimited subscription.
Kristin Gray
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on Goodreads so thank you Goodreads for the giveaway.

When I first started the book it was intriguing and it made me very curious and eager to keep reading.

The dream bits at the beginning threw me off a bit and I thought the fairy dreams were a bit silly at first mostly because of the fact that Kit believed they were real. But also if you're a 7 year old and don't know what else happened to your sister I guess it makes sense to believe in the fairies.

Most of the book I thought
Jamie Rose
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
I loathe first person narrative. This is another perfect example of why I loathe it. I also detest stupid spellings of names. This has a 'Brandi' so it was never going to get more than a two star on that basis alone. As a person with a disability I also dislike the trend of giving characters certain 'trendy' conditions / syndromes / disabilities. Plus, if you lie to your school or employers about your medical status, they can boot you. The cliche factor is also extremely high in this tale. Of co ...more
Tracy
I won this book from a Giveaway on Goodreads.com.

I'm the type of person that typically reads for 30 minutes up to an hour before I go to sleep each night. I started doing the same with this book when I started reading it. But after I read about 25% I couldn't put it down. It's fast paced, page turning and I ended up spending most of a day reading it just to finish it, I had to know what was going to happen next. What I really enjoyed about this book was the fact that I was unable to predict how
Lisa Van allen
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Compelling character

When someone you know professionally writes a book, you often feel compelled to buy and read it to support there efforts. That's what made me buy The Stolen Twin, but Michelle PW created a character that made me want to know more about her past and make sure she had a future. The character Kit is a college student who's life is darkened by a chronic, possibly terminal illness and a family mystery. The daily battle of doubt and fear is so well written, I recognized Kit in myse
Raine
This was an odd book. I can say I liked it because I read it throughout the week and didn't put it aside like I may have wanted to do. The story centers around Kit, a college student who finds herself stalked by another student named David, and who is also haunted by dreams of her past where her beautiful twin sister is abducted from the family at age 7.

The mystery was solved in a very convoluted way and I had to read the "reveal" twice to make sure I understood what was happening. Also there we
Courtney Gray
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't bear to put it down.

First, I want to say how ridiculously thankful I am that this is a standalone. I keep getting caught up in series books and it's driving me nuts!

As for the book itself, I immensely enjoyed it. I will admit there were a few instances I found myself thinking "ugh, she's so whiney and childish", but it's for good reason. It definitely adds to the plot, as ridiculous as that might sound. While still mildly annoying, it fits. As for the ending, I definitely did not see it
Dismell
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting and fun book. It is a fast paced book, which keeps you intrigued at the end of every chapter. Although some books may start boring at the beginning and then get interesting, this book sure isn't. It is intriguing form the very first page. I really recommend this book. However, this book does contain a few grammatical errors and I feel like the author's writing style could be better. It seems to me like the author could have proofread the book more. It is a major setback to those ...more
Pat Garland
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't Put It Down

Highly recommended! This book pulled me in from the beginning and didn't let go until the last page. The story is unique and the character development excellent. The unfolding of the story was paced so there was never a lull in the action. I am very much looking forward to her next book.
Michelle
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Haven't read one this quickly in a while!

From realistic dreams about her sister, a stalker, and trying to decipher cryptic messages, this story has my attention! Right about the time you think that you have figured it out, you get a curve ball that makes you start to question yourself! Love it when I find a new AMAZING author!!!
Michael
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Outstanding story. Captivating from start to finish. Full of great characters, mystery and many twists. Held my attention from start to finish. I highly recommend this book for a great read. I was privileged to win this book on Goodreads!
Brad Harju
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an EXCELLENT mystery!!! My attention was held throughout the book! The main characters strengths and weaknesses made The Stolen Twin very interesting. I won this book in a contest on Goodreads Giveaways!! Thank you for the wonderful mystery!!
Cynthia A
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won-books-read
This book is unique in that the I have never read another story with this twist. I loved it and recommend it to others. You become so involved with Kit's dreams, focus, and her health problems that the ending sneaks up on you.

Won on Goodreads and I thank you.
Desiree Owens
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very engaging and kept me wanted to know more about the characters. The whole paranormal thing wasn't my cup of tea but it all came together perfectly. Overall really GOOD READ
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent twist. But of a slow starter but once through the cliches, it's good.
Pauline J
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing novel!

Mesmerizing. That's the word I have for this read. I tried, but could never figure out when the next twist would come. Truly a great book!
Heather Stevens
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book really great book
Renata Sutton
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I loved this book and wish this author had more
Darlene Foutner
Apr 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
It is a great mystery.

It is a great mystery about a college student and her missing twin, that kept me in suspense until the very end of the book. I would !love to read more!!!
Deona
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Light reading

Very good. I'm always solving the mystery before the big finish and Honestly I did not see the twist coming. Wow.
Dianne Peace
Jun 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Tedious

Practically every scene was a predictable replication of the last. I had to speed read through most of it. Story line was weak.
Pat Keene
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read

For a first published book I would say this author needs to keep them coming. It was a good story line that kept your interest to the very end.
Ali
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Twist within a twist

Interesting plot and twist a bit confusing however once you got it the book became very clear. I would recommend
Toni L.
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book. I'm not a good reviewer so
please read what others have to say but I will
say to get this book and read it. Great
shona mcinto
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stolen twin

Wow,what a wild wicked imagination .this story was a rollercoaster of thrills,chills,and scary stuff.thrilling tothe last page.cant wait on the
next one
Stacey Wright Aumock
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
3.5 to 4 stars. Good mystery with several twists. Kept me guessing until the end. Some of the subplot stories were a bit juvenile and unnecessary
Maria
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From start to finish I loved it. Plenty of twists and turns and believable characters. Highly recommended!
eBook Miner: 99 cents Kindle -- psychological thriller/suspense/mystery 1 10 Dec 19, 2015 07:09AM
  • Whisper In The Dark
  • Missing Max
  • Valley of Nightmares
  • Abduction (A Shefford-Johnson Case, #1)
  • Amber Alert (Amber Alert, #1)
  • Roses Are Red (Blood, Sweat and Tears, #1)
  • Cruelty To Innocents (The 911 Abductions, #1)
  • Tar Heart (New Hampshire Mystery, #3)
  • The Victim
  • Chillwater Cove
  • Thread of Betrayal (The Joe Tyler Series, #3)
  • And Still Daddy's Girl
  • Stolen in the Night
  • What Goes Around
  • Victim
  • The Remnants (After the Event #2)
  • Unwritten (Unwritten, #1)
  • Of Beauty and Darkness (Reapers Grimm, #1)
When Michele was 3 years old, she taught herself to read because she wanted to write stories so badly.

As you can imagine, writing has been a driving passion throughout her life. She became a professional copywriter (which is writing promotional materials for businesses), which led to her founding a copywriting and marketing company that serves clients all over the world.

Along with being a copywri
More about Michele P.W.

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Lord Peter Views the Body (Lord Peter Wimsey, #4)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
  • Six Wakes
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Death in the Devil's Acre (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #7)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Bluegate Fields (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #6)
  • Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • American by Day
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)
    $10.99 $1.99
“The blonde kept darting glances at Tommy. Cute and perky. I hated her.” 1 likes
“Pain is good, I thought as I often did when something hurt. Pain lets me know I’m alive.” 0 likes