Start by marking “Dangerous Ties (Ties, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Ties (Ties, #1)

Dangerous Ties

(Ties #1)

Bestselling Author J.L. Beck brings you the next best thing in dark romance. Dangerous ties, a love story so raw and powerful it will set your lady-bits on fire.

"I was one of New York's most dangerous criminals. She was the good girl from down the street. I should've know what fate had planned the moment her name showed up on my kill list."

Reader Warning: Please be adv
Published February 1st 2016 (first published January 2016)

Start your review of Dangerous Ties (Ties, #1)
Olga therebelreader
*** 5 'GRAY' STARS ***

photo dark-red-rose-galaxy_735427 jpeg 2_zpsbwamy7g9.jpg

Ellie had a tough life, full of abuse, pain and suffering. When she finally escaped from her life of horrific abuse, she tried to stay well hidden but also be watchful and suspicious of everyone and everything.

When she meets mysterious and sexy Grayson for the first time at a nightclub, the attraction to him is insane. Grayson is a dark, badass guy with steely eyes and smoking hot appearance. Beautiful Ellie is perfect in his eyes, in every way. There is an undeniable
Aliana Milano
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review Time!!!

Safe to say I'm a J.L. Beck fan for life. Forever. I will one click the shit out of and pre order the crap out of each of her books without reading the synopsis or anything. She's that author for me.

Let me start with the cover. That cover belongs in a frame. It's sexy as fuck in my Kindle.

Also, do you know the AMAZEBALLS author wrote this novel while pregnant?! I can't write a review when I have a freaking cold. She's one badass author. Fun little fact for you.

Now the book.....

I wa
Karen
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately I seem to be in the minority here with my rating. This book just didn't do anything for me.
The idea of the story was good and at about 50% there was a nice twist but otherwise it didn't make any sense.
Grayson was supposed to be the most dangerous man in New York and Ellie was a runaway with a dark and dangerous past.
I couldn't figure out how Grayson, being the killer that he was, suddenly fell flat on his face and was magically in love with Ellie after only a few days. Ellie hated
J.L.
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Release Date: Feburary 1st
Cover Reveal: December 28th
Genre: Dark Romance

Preorder on Amazon NOW!!!

BLOGGERS: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uk4v...

READERS: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PMMM...
Kira
I'm not sure how to rate this. It was good and bad at the same time. It was a really quick read, which may have been part of the problem. Everything happened too fast without enough depth. This had the worst case of insta-love ever. It was so ridiculous!

"If I could keep one thing, keep one person in my life, even having just met you. ... It would be you."

Ellie and Grayson had just met 5 minutes before he made this proclamation. He was supposed to be a cold hearted killer, but he instantly fell f
KitReads (a.k.a. nd)
Writing: ★★★
Story: ★★★
Characters: ★★★

Overall rating: 3.0

This book had the potential to be so much more than it was. Everything felt so rushed. If the author had turned this into something other than a short story, and took time to develop the characters, it *could* have been so much more.

But instead we have a short story that ends in a major cliffhanger and no release date as of yet for the next book.

The author, on the last page of the book, asks, "Loved it? Hated it?", I didn't hate this book,
Nicole
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs

5***** Dangerous stars from me

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review

I just finished this beauty and i'm speechless, what a big cliffhanger.. i want more. There were so
many things in this part i honestly don't know where to begin. First things first Dangerous Ties is
the first part of the series, it was a fast reading where my heart was beating really fast all the time
by the suspense and the agony.

Everything started when a guy wanted to simply get laid and a woman who takin
She Hearts Books
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Grayson and Ellie's story is a steamy one full of suspense. A flirtation at a club turns into more than either one of them could have imagined. Grayson was on the prowl for a one nighter when he spots Ellie across the room. Ellie is trying to come out of hiding when Grayson rocks her world. Hell they rock each other in a way that will put both of their lives in danger. I loved these two together and I am dying to see what happens next.

I give Dangerous Ties 5 hearts!
Angela
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Received a copy for my honest review.

Sorry I just didn't get it. There was no connection or chemistry between the 2 main characters, Elle and Grayson.
He's a hired killer who takes out someone right in front of her, but all of a sudden he has to protect her?
Elle is running from her deadly past, but then is super attracted to this guy?
It just didn't make any sense.
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very intense and exciting book. Great storyline and amazing characters. A total rollercoaster ride of mystery, passion and danger. A real page turner from beginning to end.
(I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review)
Riz
2.75 Stars

This book felt too rushed for my tastes :(
And the cliffhanger?! Ohh man!
Amy
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dangerous Ties
J. L. Beck
5 stars

Yes there is a cliffhanger and what the junk did I just read and who the heck is on the cover? Did I miss who that was because dang you want to look away but you cant. Try .. holy what and wow.
I was seriously afraid to turn the pages of this book. The chapters are noted with the characters name on a bloody knife. YES! HAHA!

Grayson is a killer. Not your ordinary killer .. a stone cold bad mother trucker killer that yes (don’t even say your wouldn’t) you would lea
Amy
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars!

“I had a vengeance–a thirsty need for blood that couldn’t be quenched no matter how many times I slaughtered those that took from me. Then things changed. I changed. Sometimes you were just the pawn in the middle of the biggest world you ever suspected.”

Dangerous Ties is a quick an easy read. It’s fast paced and full of action and suspense. It starts off with two people just wanting to spend the night together. One person with a dangerous life. The other running from the
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
HOLY SH#T J.L. BECK you did an amazing job with this book!!! I was on the edge of my seat throughout this book trying to get the answers to the questions I had and to see what the heck would happen next. I NEED MORE!!!! What an ending, I'm dying to get the next in this series.

Ellie is on the run from her past. She has never been treated with kindness and in turn ends up being drawn to a man that she can just tell is dangerous but she ends up going with him anyway.

"Grayson was the first real thin
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
J.L. Beck is one of the authors that I automatically one click. I noticed that with the authors I always read that eventually I get bored with them because after a while I know their writing style so well that I'm not surprised by the twists in the story. That is not the case with Dangerous Ties. The Dangerous Ties blurb made it seem like it would be a different read then the other books by J.L. Beck and it definitely is. Their is no boredom in this book and there is a cliffhanger that I never s ...more
Nicole
This is a deliciously dark and twisty story that had me hooked from the first page. I'd never been so glad to be stuck at the hair salon waiting on my daughters because I was able to read this book in its entirety.

When I say this is dark, believe it.

When I say this is twisty, believe it.

What I didn't mention was that this is also sexy. Well, Grayson is what makes this sexy. The chemistry between Grayson and Ellie is instant and man is it hot. Unfortunately for them, Ellie's past and Gray's prese
Renee
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Elise is escaping a life of abuse. That's all she has ever known. A night at the club and she witnesses something she shouldn't and is taken.

Grayson is is a killer. A notorious cold blooded killer. The first time he's sees Elsie he is attracted to her. Witnessing things she shouldn't Grayson has no choice but to take her to protect himself.

This books is dark and gritty, passionate even. I loved every second I got
Sherry
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this as an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This is a fast paced, suspenseful, dark read with twists and turns and heartbreak. I love Grayson and Ellie even though Grayson is a bad guy. I'm hoping he will redeem himself. It ends with a cliff hanger and I cannot wait for book # 2! ...more
Caryl Casanova
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Total badass! I can't wait for the next book to come out! If you want a hot killer falling down on your doorstep then you need this book! ...more
saraha
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great start....

First I would like to thank Ms Beck for providing me with an ARC of this book, I was really excited to be chosen, as l love all her books.

I love books that are told in dual POV's of both the main characters, and this was the case for this book, because I love being able to know what both the male and female characters are feeling and thinking.
This is also not a standalone novel and ends on a "to be continued" note. Therefore if you don't like reading books that require that you w
J.L.
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Advanced Reader's Copy received in exchange for an honest review.

There are many words I could use to describe the emotional roller coaster I just went through. But I'll just use a few. Oh. My. Goodness. We meet Ellie and Greyson in a club and right off the bat, their chemistry is off the charts hot! It's obvious they're head over heels for each other, even if one doesn't want to admit it. *cough* Ellie. All I'm thinking while reading is how oblivious can you be girl? It's obvious you have feelin
Katrina
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dangerous Ties is the first book I have read by this author and certainly wont be my last.

Filled to the brim with action, danger, anticipation and wonderfully scripted characters. I enjoyed the storyline from beginning to end.

A fluent plot that keeps you engaged. Kick ass characters, that you will swoon over and bad ass ones that will have you cringing and wanting to pull out your own gun.

Romance and sexy moments that will have your loins tingling and moments where you will be holding your breat
Sofia Almiroudis
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This isn't my first nor will it be my last J.L. Beck book. She did such an incredible job giving a cold hearted killer like Greyson a heart and soul, even when there were times you thought that he just couldn't. It is amazing what the attraction and curiosity for one woman can put a spell on a man like Greyson, who never thought about protecting or caring for another. He just cannot give her up, even when he knows being with her puts her in harms way.
Ellie never expected to be drawn to the sexy
Kim Howlett
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by J L Beck.
This was a one sit read, that kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. I only sat down to read for a little bit but ended up missing my appointment as I couldn't put the book down.
I loved the emotion that ran through every part of the book. It was full of suspense, absolutely bonkers crazy, dark and full of heart break.
This is a short read but also the first book in the series, so although I was left wanting loads more once I finished and hit the cl
Christie Marsh
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I first started reading I wasn't sure what to expect and it seemed a little dark, I was so intrigued in the writing and how easy it was I couldn't stop reading. Graysen was an angry type that seemed out for revenge and worked for a very dark organization. Ellie was an innocent girl that had a horrific upbringing and trying to get away from it all. Once the two of these characters meet, there is a chemistry neither of them want to deny or trust. You can feel the beast in Graysen start to rel ...more
Bloggers From Down Under
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
**arc received for honest review**

Grayson is strong, skilled, heartless, emotionless. His a cold hard killer. His job is to kill he works hard at his job and does as he is told he gets the job done and whatever is required.
Gray and Tuck decide to have a night out let off some steam pick up for the nigh, little did he realize that it all was about to change.

He sees her.

Ellie
Jackie Wright
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review
I was given this book for an honest review
This was very different to what I expected and I think its a great introduction to what looks like a great action filled series.
Grayson meets Ellie in a nightclub and they hook up for what they both believe to be a one night stand but is it just going to be one night ......
Sparks fly as soon as these two meet but they both have secrets, He is a hired Killer and she is on the run, could there secrets be intertwined .......
We also get introd
Vickie
The ties that bound us were also the ties that would end us.

What an edge of your seat, suspense filled, intense page turner of a read. Consumed me from start to finish and read in one sitting!

I instantly devoured Grayson and Ellie's story, apart from it being one of my favourite genres to read the plot instantly draws you in. He's a cold blooded murderer and she's seen to much...

We had already crossed a dangerous line—a line where there was no coming back. We were on the run. From whom, I didn't
Judy Miracle
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
I am a J.L. Beck fan for life and have yet to be disappointed in a book she's written!! and this one is no different. I was sucked in from page one and now I need more... that can't be the end.

throughout the book I needed to know everything and while some things got answered as soon as they did BAM you are hit with more questions. this book had me yelling at my Kindle saying things like "that did not just come out of his mouth" "he's such a jerk (well it was worse than that but we shall go with
Michelle "Chelle" Thompson
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW another amazing book from JL Beck!!!! What a great start to what is looking like a series that will have you begging for the next book as soon as you finish one. That is what I'm doing now.....begging and begging for the next book because this book was that amazing. I was taken on an emotional, twisting, turning, and suspenseful journey that I can't wait to continue. The writing was phenomenal and fast paced. The suspense, twists and turns kept me turning the pages as quick and as slow as I ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Torn (Dark Legacy Duet #2)
  • Outcasts (Badlands #3)
  • Savages (Badlands #1)
  • Secrets (Web of Sin, #1)
  • Heathens (Badlands #4)
  • The President's Wife: Prequel (Snakes Henchmen MC #.5)
  • One Hundred & Thirty-Six Scars (The Devil's Own, #1)
  • Captive
  • Deviants (Badlands #2)
  • Ephraim's Hurt Room
  • Not Meant to Be Broken
  • Set Me Free  (Pack Law, #1)
  • Hellraiser (The Devil's Own #2)
  • Taken (Dark Legacy Duet, #1)
  • One Naughty Night: A Harmony/Evolve Crossover Novella (Harmony #3.1; Evolve #3.1)
  • Razing Grace: Part 1 (The Devil's Own, #3)
  • Manik
  • Razing Grace: Part 2 (The Devil's Own, #4)
Heyya! Author JL Beck! Do you love my books? Please check out the links below to keep up to date with all things J.L. Beck. If you have any questions please feel free to send an email.

Email: jobeck0813@gmail.com
Newsletter: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/k4ordpbhzu
Join Smut Queens: http://bit.ly/2sWljZG
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJLBeck/
Twitter: :https://twitter.com/AuthorJLBeck
Pinterest:

Ties (3 books)
  • Severed Ties (Ties, #2)
  • Mended Ties (Ties #3)