Start by marking “Dating on the Dork Side” as Want to Read:
Dating on the Dork Side

Dating on the Dork Side

Stung by an epic betrayal, Camy Cavanaugh relies on the sure things: her best friend, her job as peer tutor, and her safe spot on the sidelines of life. But when she hacks into a secret, trash-talking website, it ignites a war between the sexes that won’t end until the whole school is turned upside down—and Camy’s world is turned inside out.

Now the hottest girls in school
Published November 30th 2015 by Collins Mark Books (first published November 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Dating on the Dork Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dating on the Dork Side

Emily
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh, the ins and outs of dating and high school. Honestly, I don't miss those days often, but books like Dating on the Dork Side make me a little bit nostalgic.

Dating on the Dork Side is a quick and hilarious read about what happens when one of the smartest girls in school stumbles upon a website that just happens to be all about the girls in her school - and not in a good way.

In Olympia, football is life. The jocks are the kings of the kingdom and the cheerleaders, pom squad and other popular gi
Meredith Schorr
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
perfectly paced and enjoyable contemporary YA!
Becky
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Dating on the Dork Side is a book that I could easily see being made into a teen movie in the likes of Easy A or The Duff. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find it on the big screen one day. It's more about friendship than romance (though there is a bit of romance, too), which is a nice change of pace from most YA.

High school tutor Camy is surprised to find baseball star Jason "The Ab" Abernathy in the tutoring room on the first day of school. Even more surprising is what he's doing there—using
Kim
Language: Moderate number of profanity words and some crude humor.

Sensuality: Moderate sketchy clean young adult/teen novel. Mild kissing on screen/page. Brief non-sexual nudity. Off screen/page fade to black sexual intimacy mentioned, but not shown.

Source: My personal purchased library.
Catherine
May 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mallika
Aug 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: haves, 2016
It is a 3.5 stars from me. A fun read if you like High School drama, something like a Mean Girls meets John Tucker must die crossover! I personally feel that it is a good story to be turned into a feature film, I'd watch it! The story is a page turner in the first two- thirds, but it could have been given a better treatment in the last one- third, maybe some good editing or a different ending, the last third kind of just stretches out and kills the punch that was building up.
SPOILER - Oh how I w
Jackie
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
A high school Lysistrata-type story, where the popular girls find out about a girl-rating web site the boys have been running and ask the girl who discovered it to set them up with geek boys in retaliation. I read this last year, but don't see a review of it here; I remember liking it, but not any of the details.
Peggy
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**SPOILER FREE**

A twist of fate... so it seems.. But you'll want to read for yourself as this author takes you on a journey that doesn't happen in your every day high school years. Smooth flow to that will have you enjoying the book even more!

*Received for an honest review*
Alyssa
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was great! I loved that it was clean and had a fun plot twist to it! Definitely something I would recommend to my friends!
Suzana Thompson
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen
I was expecting nothing more than a pleasant teen romance when I decided to read this. What I got was a surprisingly well-rounded YA story. Camy doesn't spend her entire day pining after her crush. Her family, friendships, school, and her interests and concerns are actually given more priority than her romantic fantasies. For that reason alone, I would highly recommend this book to anyone. It's also a very entertaining story. At times it was so much fizzy fun that I sat reading it with a huge sm ...more
Mona
A fresh twist on an old theme.
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't in the mood for a YA novel, but this was next on my to-read pile, so.... I read. Usually, I read a book in a week or so, because my reading time is really limited, but today I'm sitting here a bit bleary-eyed, as I stayed up until almost 1:30 because I had to keep going (and then I had to finish it)! I got reeled in via several characters, many plot twists and finally, just a need to know how everyone was going to grow and sift out by the ending. And I was not disappointed at all - it w ...more
Ben Wise
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firstly, two disclaimers:
a) This review is in return for receiving a free review copy
b) I am a 30 year old Australian male with no history (that I'm aware of) of attending high school in America, nor have any deep understanding of what it's like to be a girl in that situation. I am not, you might say, the intended audience of this book.

And with that out of the way, this book was an absolute romp. It was a bunch of fun and I enjoyed it from beginning to finish, a finish that came quickly as I in
Christina
A witty, heart-warming, and fun modern take on Lysistrata (Ancient Greek play where the women hold back erm favours in order to convince the men to end the war).

Camy is quiet, has one (male) best friend, and spends her free time tutoring (and not just because the tutor room has the best the view of the football field). But when she accidentally stumbles upon an explosive website and forwards it to the school's Queen Bee, all the hottest girls in school are clamouring to be set up with the non A-
Huma
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amanda
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I would love to give this book a 3.5 instead of just a three but alas, Goodreads does not do half stars. There were many things to like about this book, i like the commaderie the girls have. I even really like the mix up of social groups. What I didn't really like about this book is there wasn't any depth (like Clarissa ... why was she such a mean girl to Camy) In the begining there was a comment like the Camy I knew wouldn's blah blah this made it seem like she did at one point consider her a f ...more
JadeShea
Dating on the Dork Side begins when Camy finds a website that is for the guys of her school to talk trash about certain girls, and guess what? She's on the list as well.
She hates that this is there, so she goes to the most popular girl at school, and from then on it spirals out of control when they do their best to get back at the guys.

However, as Camy tries to find the person who started it signs are pointing to people she thought she could trust, and her long time crush. This get more compli
Miel
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mixed feelings...

I usually never write reviews, but this book just had me feeling really frustrated yet captivated at the same time, that I feel like I have to say something about it. This book had a very interesting premise, and up until the last several chapters, I thought it was executed pretty well, however when the plot really began to twist, I feel like the aftermath events were just way too messy and rushed, not to mention a whole lot of justice was left unserved. I was left feeling quite
Krista Heit Valentine
3.5 Stars

The school tutor who is happy to live on the sidelines of high school. She comes across a wiki that rates and sometimes demeans the "hot" girls of the school. She decides to bring in the school queen bee on this who then ropes her in to teach the boys a lesson, a boy, boycott.

The story overall is cute and has a pretty good theme and point. I think the "love story" of it falls a little flat but over all a good read if you are in the mood for something interesting but not too heavy.
Samantha
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a free Amazon prime read. I'm rounding this up from a 2.75 stars. Haha It was just...fine. It was obvious from the beginning who the "culprits" were and most of the girl characters were such extreme stereotypes that it made everything less believable. Plus the title is pretty horrifying. I can't admit reading it to anyone. I'm glad everything worked out in the end, especially with her best friend.
Armee Gale Hayag
Dec 21, 2015 rated it liked it
At first, you will not feel the characters of the story maybe because of the choice of words however the story is nice so I continued reading it. I love how strong the characters are and how it was shown on the book. At first, I thought that I will be disappointed reading this book but no--- I actually enjoyed it eventhough the story is quite predictable.
This book is ideal to teenagers. Thumbs up!
Cassey
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read. I liked the protagonist and the supporting 'cast'. Moments of funny, but really just a great read about finding your space, navigating people and your sense of self with others while tackling the fact that words do matter and shape they way we perceive each other in an engaging way.
Shelley
3.5 stars of cuteness

There's not a whole lot to say about this story other than its cute. High school cliques, internet trolls, revenge, unlikely friendships I think that sums it up. I probably would have given this 4 stars if I was onboard with the relationship, but I just didn't feel any chemistry between the characters.
Vicki Scullion
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great YA novel that explores the concept of respect as it deconstructs gender roles as they are played out in a high school. Funny, realistic, and full of interesting twists, this novel is definitely one I would recommend to middle and high school students.
Valerie Waters
Aug 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was cute but so obnoxious. There were inappropriate things I didn't care for and some language.
Phyllis
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, ya-romance
This story was very enjoyable. I was disappointed at the language, though - there were a couple uses of words that I prefer not to have in books. . .
Joana Hill
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More than meets the eye

I loved this book. Camy's voice is fresh and funny and she's the sort of character you can actually relate to.

The entire book was full of twists and surprised that kept me going on it right until the end. It's full of characters who turn out to be more than Camy, and you as the reader, would have thought, from Lexy on the pom squad right down to Camy's best friend, Rhino.

As a character, as I said, Camy is a really good one, someone that you an easily follow and continue on
Kelly McAnally-Kern
Cyber teens take a stand!

In a society where cyber gathering is expected, this book hits on issues kids today deal with. And unbeknownst to parents it’s out there. And words hurt. This story takes a worst case scenario and turns it into a positive. Kids from different social status bond together to make a wrong not so wrong. (Yes I didn’t say right, because no matter what the site was wrong, and the kids should have turned to adults. This is the age of cyber bullying and oh so many things could
Michelle Tolliver
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Smart, funny, and thoughtfully bemusing

Reading this reminded me somehow of the tv show The Facts of Life. Well, more for the theme song, and the complete opposites of the 4 main characters.

In this book we have a smart tomboy who is pretty in a careless and natural way. She stumbles across society's manner of rumor and innuendo- a message board that details all of the girls in her high school including her.

While this remains lighthearted and definitely on the sweeter side, the underlying notes
Kathryn Shelton
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Yeah, I just love this book!

There’s so much absolute real feel to this story. The high school drama. The way rumors become living things and misunderstandings are such a norm that no one even tried to correct them.

The synopsis I read was a bit misleading. While there was matchmaking going on between the “dorks” and the “jocks”, the main conflict was about the wiki. It’s the catalyst for absolutely everything in the story. If tech stuff bores you, beware. For me, there was a good balance betwee
  • Good Luck Charm  (Holiday High, #2)
  • Just Your Average Celebrity (Just Your Average #3)
  • Haint Misbehavin'
  • The Oracle Rebounds (The Oracle of Dating, #2)
  • The Kissing Deadline
  • How to Hook a Hottie
  • Stirring Up Trouble (Stirring Up Trouble, #1)
  • Notable (Smith High, #3)
  • A Field Guide for Heartbreakers
  • The Perfect League (Briarwood High #3)
  • Perfectly Misunderstood (The Perfect Series Book 4)
  • Confessions of a Teenage Band Geek
  • Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink (Pilgrims, #1)
  • Runaway Girl (Runaway Rockstar Series Book 1)
  • I Love Him, I Love Him Not (Westgate Prep Book 2)
  • The Law of Tall Girls
  • #TheRealCinderella
  • The Opposite of Ordinary (Heartbreaker Society, #1)
Charity Tahmaseb has slung corn on the cob for Green Giant and jumped out of airplanes (but not at the same time). She doesn’t think it’s a social stigma to eat alone at a restaurant and read a book. Her favorite city is London, but she loves living in Minnesota.

She spent twelve years as a Girl Scout and six in the Army; that she wore a green uniform for both may not be a coincidence. These days,