Start by marking “Ordelanden (The Shadow of the Revenaunt #3)” as Want to Read:
Ordelanden (The Shadow of the Revenaunt #3)

Ordelanden

(Schaduw van de Revenaunt #3)

When young King Ghyll and his companions return triumphant from their quest to Zihaen and the battle that nearly cost the king’s foster brother Olle his life, they look forward to a bit of peace.

Instead, Ghyll finds his desk stacked with reports of giant wolves and monstrous birds terrorizing the outer provinces of his kingdom, and the local authorities demand he does so
Published November 14th 2015 by Red Rune Books (first published December 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ordelanden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ordelanden

Start your review of Ordelanden (The Shadow of the Revenaunt #3)
Ferry Wever
Een leuk "feelgood" boekje (231 blz) om te lezen, maar dit verhaal voelt niet compleet.
Verhaallijnen (De queeste van Bo en wat speelt zich af in Vavaun) die gelijktijdig lopen worden (bewust?) overgeslagen, waardoor er personages bijkomen waarvan je de achtergrond niet kent. Dit had met een aantal hoofdstukken erbij volgens mij een completer beeld kunnen geven.

Verder is dit duidelijk niet het einde van het complete verhaal, want daar is het einde veel te open voor.

Ondanks bovenstaande weet dit
Permittivité du Vide
DNF

Not my cup of tea.

Received through the Goodreads giveaway.
FantasyWereld
Nadat Ghyll en zijn reisgenoten de aanval van Vasthul en diens leger ondoden tegen alle verwachtingen in hebben weten te overleven zijn ze voor goed verlost van Vasthul. Ghyll kan zich hierdoor concentreren op het koningschap en de zwangerschap van zijn kersverse bruid Kerianna. De rust is echter van korte duur. Op het moment dat zijn schildknaap Torril vermist wordt heeft diens vader, de koning van de Nhael, een delegatie naar Rhidauna gestuurd, omdat ze Ghyll ervan verdenken prins Torril tegen ...more
Stacey Blake
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I had read the first book of this series and loved it. And although I didn’t read the second one, I quickly got caught up reading this one. What I enjoy most about the author’s writing is his ability to completely take me away to a different place and time. The magic, the medieval-like culture, the creative characters brought me out of my life every evening as I wound down from my day to see what they were up to.
The
Awesome Indies Book Awards
This is the third, but not the last, in the Shadow of the Revenant Series. The book does not stand alone, nor does it make any attempt to, which should be fine for those reading the series. I would have liked a few hints to remind me who everyone was, however.

Ghyll is now King with a pregnant wife, and his duties are more tied to the palace, so instead of following him on his adventures as we did before, we follow previously minor characters. This would be okay if it were just one or two charact
Niki
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the Third book in the Shadow of the Revenaunt series and again Paul Horsman is not disappointing me.
A new king is there and again it is a nice fast pace, great story with old friends, strong characters and plots.
I love Ghyll, the king wants him to to proof he is not holding the prince prisoner, but he can't the prince is missing and Ghyll sets out his secret service to find him. in meantime the country is attacked by giant wolves and huge birds.
When his commander is killed it costs Ghyll
Rianne Werring
This author knows how to write: he possesses the ability to bring his characters to life and to create a tangible atmosphere in a truly fantastic world. Unfortunately, he doesn't take the time to do so: 'Ordelanden' contains too many adventures and too many extra's and not enough pages to properly let them unfold - just like in it's predecessor, De Schaduw van de Revenaunt 2: Zihaen. If this book took twice as much shelf space, it would still be worth it. Or: even more worth it, since the parts ...more
Frans J
Vykki
added it
Callie
Feb 26, 2014
Paul E. Horsman (1952) is a Dutch and International Fantasy Author. Born and bred in the Netherlands, he now lives in Roosendaal, a town on the Dutch-Belgian border.

He has been a soldier, a salesman, a scoutmaster and an instructor of Dutch-as-a-Second- Language and Integration to refugees from all over the globe.

Now retired, he is a full-time writer of fantasy adventure stories suitable for a bro

Schaduw van de Revenaunt (3 books)
  • Rhidauna (The Shadow of the Revenaunt, #1)
  • Zihaen (The Shadow of the Revenaunt, #2)