Start by marking “Solving Us” as Want to Read:
Solving Us

Read Book

Solving Us

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  111 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Twenty four year old Olivia is trapped in her own life, struggling to escape the painful scars of her past. Moving in with her best friend and old college roommate, Olivia seeks a life of independence, happiness, and love. Above all she desperately seeks a life not defined by her physical appearance.

Finn's world collapses with one shattering phone call. Seven years later,
Published November 15th 2015 by Susan Renee

To ask other readers questions about Solving Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solving Us

Jennifer Pierson
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G! Nothing prepared me for this absolutely AWESOME story! I couldn't love it anymore if I tried.

Olivia is stuck in the nightmare that left her with severe scars. It's keeping from having a life. She moves in with her best friend to seek a new life of independence, and happiness. Finn is battling his own demons from the past. When he runs into Olivia while running, he can't get her out of his mind. He asks her out, and offered her a job with a dream company. As he proves to her that she's st
Lauren
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Susan Renee captures the reader’s heart from the very beginning as you laugh, cry, and even scream watching multiple relationships form and fold in this heartfelt debut novel. I found myself relating to Olivia (and even Finn) because everyone has scars they deal with on a daily basis, whether they are inside or out. In “Solving Us,” we take a journey through the trials and tribulations of forming new relationships, both personally and professionally, while dealing with our underlying insecuritie ...more
Izney Bae
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, hero-in-suit

*ARC Provided for an Honest Review*

I liked the book. From the moment they started seeing each other to the time they were facing challenges that threatens their relationship, I thought they were both amazing and strong. Both of them experienced a tragic past but still, only the two of them made each other came out of their shells and be open, again.

For a debut novel, I thought this book was very well written, both characters were easily likable and it was so easy to connect with them because th
Michelle
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
I received an ARC of Solving Us by Susan Renee in exchange for an honest review.

Olivia and Finn seem to be a match made in heaven, but there is always something that threatens to tear them apart. They are both imperfect beings that are struggling to find the missing pieces in their lives that will make them whole again.

This is Susan Renee’s debut novel. As the story between these two characters progresses, you get to learn more about their broken pasts and what makes them who they are. The char
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog

Geri
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful debut novel about two beautifully imperfect people and how they piece the puzzles pieces of their lives back together and try and see where love may take them. Olivia and Finn are not written to be people no one could relate to, they are real and you can actually feel like you know them and they could be your friends. I felt like I was drawn into the story and could not wait to see what would happen next. I felt so many different emotions while reading; happiness to tears and ...more
Susan dummermuth
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome job

I thought Susan did a great job on her book. I am not a reader at a but I promised her husband, my boss that I would attempt it. I was not able to put the book down at all. It kept my interest the whole time and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. Great job and can't wait until your next one comes out. You definitely have a calling for writing. Keep it up....
Barbara Wise
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good romance novel. I read this one during lunch at work. I have to say that I was looking forward to lunch so I could take a mental break and immerse myself into Olivia and Finn's world. I also found myself blushing many times...
Bookish_Sally
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tears by chapter 2. Bawling by chapter 32. AMAZING, INSPIRING, BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN!!! Susan Renee, you have completely left me wanting so much more! For those of you reading this review all I can say is ...if you read, if you breathe, if you sleep....YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK!!!!
Elise
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great potato chip book. Romance novels are not particularly my thing but this one had me turning pages way into the night. The story is engaging and keeps you needing that JUST ONE more chapter.
Shelly Celli
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Imperfection is perfection

I love that saying and it fits this story so well. Bullying is something that's getting more and more common in the world and unfortunately there are many who cannot cope and end up like Sydney. Finn couldn't be more perfect for Olivia. They both have their baggage, but help each other move past it. Olivia is scared stiff, with understanding, but everything that happens, Finn is there to help her get through it...even when he's the one that messed up. I loved each of th
Amy
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet!

I was hooked on this book from the very first page! I couldn't put it down, and suffered a grueling day at work with only three hours of sleep because of it. It's a sweet romance that gives you all the good feelings, but also has you yelling at the characters in frustration because they're not following your advice! That's when you know that this author has you right where she wants you, and that you'll be looking for her next book as soon as you finish this one, if not before!
Zulma
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love

Olivia and Fynn story made me laugh, cry, scream and fall in and out of love. It made me look at my relationship with my love in a total different manner.
Faye Errington
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fave Quote - “Sometimes the ugliest parts of ourselves are what others love the most.”

Solving Us is the debut book by Susan Renee.... WOW what a debut... this author has serious talent ....

Solving Us is about two very broken people...

Olivia has had a tragic past that has left her both physically and mentally scarred...
she has lived in a nightmare for so long.... Until she takes the leap and moves in with her best friend... where she can start living and try to start healing...
instead of just ex
reader_luv_books
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I went to Indie Invade Philly book signing in 2o15 and met this 2 friends (Susan and Lauren) at the after party event, Lisa and I asked them if we could sit at their table and we had so much fun with them. Talking more about ourselves, we learned that one of them was publishing her first book. Now, let me tell you something...she didn't just said "oh yeah, i am publishing a book and you should check it out", she was telling how she got to write her first book and her ups and downs, mostly explai ...more
Wendy Leonard-Richardson
Another difficult to rate book. I absolutely loved the premise of this book-any book involving abnormal psychology is an automatic want to read book for me. I just didn't feel like this book lived up to the potential.

This story is about two people who fall in love after a chance encounter. Both of the characters have issues from their past which makes their falling in love more difficult-and yes should make an excellent read.

So here is where my struggles with the book come in. I often felt the
FMR Book Grind
Dec 14, 2015 rated it liked it
LEEANN'S REVIEW
3.5 STARS

This is astory about two people with lots of baggage, that after dating for a few weeks, neither has told the other their actual stories so as you can imagine, it leads to lots of
misunderstandings.
Individually the characters are likeable but when they are together they seem to spend most of their time apologizing to each other.

Olivia had her world torn apart seven years ago after a brutal accident & Finn’s world was shattered around the same time in a family tragedy.
F
Frank Atkins
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
In so many ways life is a puzzle. From lining up all the details of how to accomplish everything in a day to finding a way to allow two people to coexist together, it makes a Rubik cube seem easy. In Solving Us, Susan Renee has definitely lined up all the right pieces to produce an excellent book.
Olivia, Liv, is a gifted artist with a troubled past that continues to give her problems in the present. Her luck certainly takes a turn for the better when she happens to meet "Hot runner guy", Finn. F
Tina
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Holy book hangover. What an amazing debut novel from Susan Renee. Such an emotional ride. You will laugh and you will cry. You will also swoon. This book was incredible!!! You won't want to put it down once you start.

Olivia has scars and insecurities. She is afraid to open up to men after the way she's been treated just because of her scars. She never expected to meet "hor runner guy" when she was out strolling through the park taking pictures.

Finn is a successful businessman. He inherited
Kandy
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well, first things first! Susan Renee you rock woman, plain and simple. I am glad to have had the opportunity to have been gifted this book so I could read it and of course give you a glamorous review.
You had me so emotional in the first few chapters, tearing up, smiling, loving, and singing all at the same time. The past pain that you have made me feel with the back stories of Liv and Finn is downright amazing. I am so excited to see what else you can come up with, I vote for Abby and Riv...Jus
Angela LaRue
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Gosh!!!! Solving Us is simply one of the best stories I have read in a long time. From Olivia dealing with her emotional anxiety, feeling like she wasn't worthy of being loved or even that she is a beautiful person, despite scars, both physical and mentally, to learning about Finn and his own personal battles, this book will have you captured and hanging by a thread, waiting for the next turn. I sat on my couch until 3am, unable to move from reading and wiping tears from my face. I wish it ...more
Kelly Wittmer
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
To say this book hit me hard would be an understatement. The thoughts and feelings the main character, Olivia, experience were mine at different times in my life. Accidents change your life, especially when you are a teenage girl! It was comforting to see that my thoughts weren't unexpected or weird. Thank you Susan Renee for understanding that scars suck and just seeing them everyday can make you sad and/or feel ugly.
Tammy
I won this book through good reads. First book for this author, and I will be reading whatever she writes in future. Book is about two torturedsoles. Both with allot of baggage and scars from past. Tells us of their insecurities and fear of opening up and sharing with someone. Author describes like she knew these people and how they are feeling. Makes you see things in yourself that these people share
Kelsey
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book on a whim and a recommendation from a trusted friend, and I am so glad I did! This story is beautifully written and tells a tale that seems to touch parts of personal experiences we have all had. You will laugh, you will cry, heck, you will probably ugly cry at times, but it's so worth it. This is not my typical genre, and I am so glad I gave it a shot! You should too!
Samantha
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet love story!

I would recommend this story to anyone looking for a good love story! Susan delivers drama, suspense, passion, and cat fights! I simply couldn't put it down. Looking VERY forward to much more from one of my new favorite authors!!
Chris
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved this. What a great book! Even though Liv frustrated the hell out of me half of the time, I loved the story and the storyline.
Carrie
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great story!
Devon Anderson
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually frequent this genre, but I couldn't deny this book had me hooked. recommended. for sure.
Darlene Cowham
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This is an awesome book I loved every page and cannot wait to read more books by Susan Renee she is a fabulous author.
Mary
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great debut novel! Loved it!!! Write on!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Celebration
  • Hydromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts, #4)
  • Beneath the Surface
  • Hot Mess: A Dirty Bitches Novel (Dirty Bitches, #1)
  • The Boys of DownCrash (The Boys of DownCrash, #1-3)
  • Into the Tomorrows
  • A Murder Over a Girl: Justice, Gender, Junior High
  • Stay (Healing Springs, #2)
  • Scattered Pieces (Cape Isle, #1)
  • Edge of Chaos (Love on the Edge #1)
  • A Simple Man
  • Stories from the Sisterwives: How I Survived Dating a Sociopath
  • Requiem: For We Are Legion
  • Uncovering Hope (Uncovering Love, #3)
  • Alex Reid (Rich & Single, #1)
  • Aerosion (The Gilded Trilogy #1)
  • Select (The Oathtaker, #2)
  • Sassy Sonja: Bravo Atlanta
Susan Renee wants to live in a world where paint doesn’t smell, Hogwarts is open twenty-four/seven, and everything is covered in glitter. An indie romance author, Susan has written about everything from lawn mowers to thick colossal bottles of wine, and has won a Snuggle Buddy award for her nonfiction book, “The Hula Hoop Tester’s Guide to Jumping.” She lives in Ohio with her family and seven tiny ...more
More about Susan Renee...

“Sometimes the ugliest parts of ourselves are what others love the most.” 1 likes