Start by marking “The Denim Jungle” as Want to Read:
The Denim Jungle

The Denim Jungle

There's a whole other world out there from toddler height. Are you ready to dream... small? Leo invites you down into his world, where adult legs become a denim canopy for a magical land of little wonders. Created by the debut children's book duo Angela Taylor Hylland of My Castle Heart Publications and Jackie Phillips of Precious Beast.

"Visually stunning and engaging, des
Published November 17th 2015 by My Castle Heart Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Denim Jungle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Denim Jungle

Christa
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a gorgeous little book with a great message. It may change the way you look at the world. My 6 year old daughter says The Denim Jungle is "Awesome and amazing. I like all the creatures and pants. My favorite part is all the parts."
Jules
Oct 26, 2017 added it
Shelves: picture-books
A delightful pairing of imagination, rhyme, and illustration! A little boy and his mother enjoy the details of the world around them, from jean-clad legs to busy insects, and cell phone "birds". This picture book is inspired by the author's husband and his mother's vision that it would make a great children's story. She was right.
Kris Dersch
This just didn't do it for me.
I like the concept but I don't think it was super clearly conveyed. I like the illustrations but they didn't give me the message they were supposed to. I like the lyrical non-annoying rhymes but the text could have been clearer. I like all the elements but somehow put together they just didn't work for me.
Steve
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book as a Christmas present for my niece. It was a beautifully rendered, impressionistic tale, full of imagery and focused through a unique, thoughtful lens. The kids will love the imagination and magic, the adults will appreciate the lyricism and craft.
Kay Erdahl
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Clever and creative story! Fun and interesting for little ones, but also a great reminder for a grandma like me to slow down and imagine the world from a toddler's perspective.
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This beautifully illustrated, whimsical story is great for kids and grownups alike. It reminds us to notice the little things in our every day lives. I highly recommend it!
Angela Taylor Hylland
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Joanna
Mar 09, 2017
Randy Smith
marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2016
marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2017
Angela ventured into the world of book writing to fulfill a promise to her beloved mother-in-law, Sue, whose bright light was extinguished by breast cancer. When Angela isn't writing or navigating the great unknown of parenting, she's juggling two entrepreneurial businesses, planning her next adventure, crafting up a storm, and squeezing in a little gaming time. Professionally, she's most well kno ...more