Start by marking “Stay Until We Break (Hub City, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stay Until We Break (Hub City, #2)

Stay Until We Break (Hub City #2)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  222 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
What happens on the road stays on the road in the latest New Adult novel from the author of Loud Is How I Love You.

Twenty-one-year-old Sonia Grant, a business major, has big plans for a career in the music industry. So when she’s offered the job of tour manager for her best friend’s band, she jumps at the chance for some real life experience. When her number one crush, bas
Published June 21st 2016 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Stay Until We Break, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stay Until We Break

Dee Montoya
5+++ ~Tic Tac Kisses~ Stars*****

(ARC kindly provided by author via Netgalley)

Whether you are a musician or not, from the moment you open this book, you'll be going on tour with Soft (Stars On The Floor). Be ready to sleep on dusty floors, rock-on in a different venue every night, and fall in love with music, and with a very sexy bassist.

This author lets her wild passion for books and music bleed into the pages of this magical novel. A book that transports the reader to an adventure, you'll be
Geri Reads
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"The only problem with having Cole McCormack as your chronic masturbation fantasy is that he's everybody's chronic masturbation fantasy—and he knows it."

I have been waiting for Cole and Sonia's story ever since I've read Loud is How I Love You a few months ago. I knew their story was going to be good and hot. I expected it just based on the chemistry they had going on. What I did not expect was the gut wrenching, emotional punch it brought. It slayed me. I did not expect that.

Stay Until We Brea
Beverly
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I loved this book! This is the second book in Hub City series, but they feature different couples and can be read as standalone. However, I don’t recommend it, since the stories really build on top of each other.

In Stay Until We Break the band is on tour, it’s still 1995 and the tour isn’t as glamorous as you would imagine. The band are sleeping where they can, traveling in a van, barely getting paid.

Sunny, Emmy’s best friend, is acting as the tour manager. She has had the biggest crush on
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SUWB-Heart12

Do you love rockstar romances? Do you love friends-to-lover romances? If you answered "yes" to either of those questions, then you are going to LOVE Stay Until We Break by Mercy Brown! Mercy brings it hard with her second book in the Hub City series and from the very first page you are thrust into the world of struggling indie rock musicians as they set out to find their big break. Throw in two people who are insanely attracted to each other and you have the makings of a killer romance.

Sleeping
Ari
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Original review: The Daydreaming Bookworm

*I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

It’s the summer of 1995 and the band Stars on the Floor is set to go on tour. With a van full of equipment and hearts filled with hopes and dreams, this band is hoping to take take the stage, steal hearts and earn a record deal. Cole McCormack has got the stealing hearts part down pat as girls from every city falls head over heels for the amazing bass player with killer moves. Sonia
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think the thing that makes these Hub City books so good is that they feel so authentic. I was approximately the same age as these characters during the time period in which these books are set. I sometimes feel like I am actually feeling that energy. I’m certainly feeling the angst, and the insecurities, and the general turmoil of life and love (and rock & roll). It is clear that Mercy Brown knows from which she speaks and because of that, it’s nearly impossible to not get caught up in her ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

When author Mercy Brown's first book Loud Is How I Love You was released I loved it and I especially loved her candor about life as a member of a club band hoping to make it big. Stay Until You Break follows the same band, Stars on the Floor (or Soft as they are known), as they take three weeks off in the summer from college and jobs to tour clubs. From that standpoint, I loved this book; from the romance angle, it fell somewhat short for me.
Cristal Hummingbird
Originally posted on Slow Reader's Blog

"As long as you're still dreaming there's always another moment that comes along. Maybe an even better one."

Oh, to be young and free and living the dream.

I'm jealous. Stay Until We Break is a story about a tenacious group of dreamers who stubbornly pursue their dreams while making crazy, reckless, stupid, and inspired decisions along the way. In book two of The Hub City series, Mercy Brown took me on a fun ride through music and time, and though I might not
HeatherP
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Have I mentioned how much I love rock music? That I love going to concerts and being in the crowd and just experiencing it all. That's probably why books about rock bands are some of my favorite ones. What I love about Stay Until We Break is that it is not about the "biggest band in the country" like a lot of them are. This one is about a band trying to make it big. To get there music out there and find their place in the world.

Cole is the bassist for the band, Stars On The Floor (SOFT), someti
ALEXA
May 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
While I wasn't sure if I'd connect to this story at first, I'm happy to have been proven wrong. Cole and Sonia's book is pretty great overall, particularly because we got romance and tour shenanigans all at once. (I gave this one a 3.5-3.75 stars.)
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
I don't know what it is about Mercy Brown's way of telling a story that makes me fall so in love with every aspect of it, but if this is the kind of book she keeps putting out, I'll be a happy camper.

I can't decide if it's because it takes me back to the time period that I was in high school and makes me nostalgic or if it's because the characters and their interactions feel so raw and real. (PS, I wrote this line before rereading my review for LIHILY and seeing that I used this exact wording th
Jaime Arkin
I’m officially a Mercy Brown fan! I loved her debut Loud is How I Love You so I was eagerly waiting for the release of the second book in the companion series.

Stay Until We Break was so much fun to read. Sonia Grant wants a career in the music industry and starting out as the tour manager of her best friend’s band seems like the best place to start. A bonus is that just maybe, her crush on bassist Cole McCormack will go somewhere, and when they connect the first night on tour, she’s planning on
AnnMarie
*Update: Review link is now live*

Loud is How I Love You was a super debut for the author, so when I was offered the ARC of Stay Until We Break, I was all *grabby hands, thank you very much, runs and jumps on couch, starts reading immediately*.

Again, another engaging story line and great characters, but I do believe I loved this one a tad tiny bit more.

There was just something about Cole and Sonia. They definitely tugged on my heart.

Lot's more romance, humor, and smexiness. Some more angst, supe
Love, Holly Xx
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
When Stay Until We Break first hit my Kindle, I have to admit, I had still yet to read the previous book in there Hub City series, Loud Is How I Love You. So one weekend, I bit the bullet, sat myself down, and devoured both books within two days. And I have to say, book #2 was by far my favourite of the series so far.

Book #1 gave us Emmylou and Travis, but Stay Until We Break gives us Sonia (Sunny) and Cole. In case you don't remember from LIHILY, Cole is the bass player of 90's indie rock band,
Danielle
May 14, 2016 rated it liked it
This series is quickly becoming one of my favorite new adult series. The characters are likable and yet it the drama isn't overly done. It's believable. I enjoyed the characters especially Cole and how he was torn with being in the group and starting a real life to help put his sister through college. It had just the right amount of humor, sex and honestly didn't want this to end. I'm looking forward to reading more of Hub City books in the future!
Rowena
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full review to come but my quick thoughts on this one is, it was a cute contemporary NA that gives readers a glimpse into life on a tour and it's not always fun and games. These characters took their sweet ass time getting their shit together and because I spent a huge chunk of the book frustrated that both Cole and Sunny acted...their age, I was a bit disappointed. Still, the book turns around and I enjoyed the dialogue. I will definitely be reading more by this author.

3.5 out of 5
Heather andrews
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked that Cole pays attention to details, “is that Cherry Coke this time?” The boy knows his Lip Smackers. He should by now, with all the making out we’ve done." I loved Cole he was a great guy he and Sonia really complimented each other. I liked this book, I don't think there's been a book Mercy has written that I haven't liked.
Jenn
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this book, but I didn't love it. I was struggling to find a connection. I found myself skimming quite a bit of it, sadly.
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
Update for the Release Day

photo stay until we break_zpsdaqwezpu.jpg

Book Review: 5+ Stars

Love on the road! Oh. My. God. This. Book. Was. Perfection. Stay Until We Break is a book about facing insecurities and overpassing every obstacle that comes in live. Stay Until We Break is a book about love and passion and friendship and music. Stay Until We Break is about being the real you, the best you, and most of all, being YOURSELF! Sunny and Cole’s story touched my heart in so many ways. Their love, their lives, their passions were a
KFForever
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
kfforever.com

Reviewed by Rachel

** ARC provided by Publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review **

She’s sunshine all right. Brightest light of my days.

I was so thrilled when this book landed on my Kindle! To say I was counting down the months since I read the first instalment in this series, ‘Loud is How I Love You’, would be an understatement. There is just something really authentic about this author’s writing which I’m sure is down to the fact she is a musician herself so rightly s
Jenn
People who know me know that I love books featuring musicians. But this one just didn't do it for me.

Sonia "Sunshine" Grant heads out on tour with her best friends band and takes on the role of band manager. I will give it to her, she does seem to know what she's doing and is constantly working on getting the bands name out there. She loves life on the road. It's a far cry from the rich, snobby life she was brought up in and Sonia relishes in the realness of the work that she is doing. It also
Leslie
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
fangirl down. i loved it so much.

I love Mercy's writing style. Her ability to perfectly catch a moment -- from playing on stage, to laying under the stars, to getting attacked by a rival band with firecrackers -- completely wrecks me. It's as if I'm sitting on the back of Steady Beth with Soft enjoying road life.

Full of character and characters this book is unbelievable. From Sonia and her battle to give Soft their big break to Joey pinning over the missed connection with Little Lauren Hutton
Sillylittlefishey
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: advance-copies
I loved this book. Cole is the sweetest and oh so swoon-worthy!
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can only hope that there will be a Hub City #3!!!
Allison
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. It's a million times better than the first in the series and I loved that one too!
Rachel ⭐️ Kindle Friends Forever ⭐️
Kindle Friends Forever: Reviewed by Rachel

Five Stars

** ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review **

She’s sunshine all right. Brightest light of my days.

Toni FGMAMTC
May 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: music, rockstar, romance

This author is obviously very much in the know about music and band life. I recommend this series for readers that want to know what it’s really like from the inside. I had a little trouble connecting with the story even though I do feel that it was well written. The details are great. I could practically see the scenes happening in my mind. Actually, I think this would be great turned into a show or film.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

Fangirl Moments
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

I was so excited that I got this eARC through netgalley!!! Hurray! I read Loud is How I Love You a few months ago and I loved it, so when I saw that Cole and Sonia’s story was next, I got super excited.

Very much like the first book of this series, the writing is super unique, but this time the story is told in dual POV, so we get both Cole and Sonia’s POV, which is great because both have their secrets that they keep from each other. Once again, it took me a little time to g
Red Cheeks Reads
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
‘Because if my future with this girl is going to be as a memory, it’s going to be a good one.’

Stay Until We Break is book 2 in the Hub City Series by Mercy Brown and I for one really enjoyed it. I actually enjoyed this book more than the first in the series, Loud Is How I Love You. I was surprised and excited to see the twist and turns that this story took and Cole had my heart swooning and he had me constantly fanning myself when his dirty talk started!

‘Damn his breath on my ear. Damn him s
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
I finished this book a few days ago and I'm still thinking about it -- and smiling. I loved the first book in this series, and Stay Until We Break is just an incredible follow-up in this Indie-rock scene romance.

Stars on the Floor are on tour in Stay Until We Break, driving the rock and roll van from venue to venue with Sonia as tour manager. One thing I adore about this series is that it doesn't skimp on the rock and roll aspect of this story. I felt like I was on tour right along with them.

S
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A Wish Upon Jasmine (La Vie en Roses, #2)
  • From Scratch (Blue Plate, #1)
  • Claiming His Beauty (Feral Breed Motorcycle Club, #4)
  • When the Stars Align
  • There You Stand (Between Breaths, #5)
  • Unraveling Josh (Ellery College, #3)
  • Donor (Dresdan Coven, #2)
  • Caged in Winter (Reluctant Hearts, #1)
  • Tiger Shark
  • Bounce (Boomerang, #3)
  • Play On (Lewis Creek, #1)
  • Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)
  • This Is Me
  • The Season of You & Me
  • Softer Than Steel (Love & Steel, #2)
  • Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God
  • Focus on Me (In Focus #2)
  • Held Against You
Mercy Brown is the author of the Hub City Romance Series, published by InterMix/Berkeley. LOUD IS HOW I LOVE YOU is available now, and STAY UNTIL WE BREAK will be available in June 2016.

Mercy is represented by Brooks Sherman of the Bent Agency.
More about Mercy Brown

Hub City (2 books)
  • Loud is How I Love You (Hub City, #1)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“You're going to go after that dream for both of us. And then, one day when it all comes true, I want you to look back and remember me as the open door--not the cage.” 1 likes
“You don't look better through beer goggles," she says. "The problem is you look way too fine without them. You're like a damn demigod."

"Wait, just a demigod? I was shooting for Zeus."

"Ask me after we ... you know."

"After you see my thunderbolt?"

"Jesus Christ, you're impossible.”
1 likes