Start by marking “Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)” as Want to Read:
Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)

Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2)

4.62  ·  Rating details ·  85,032 Ratings  ·  14,074 Reviews
When you can't beat the odds, change the game.

Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and badly weakened, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ke
Hardcover, First Edition, 546 pages
Published September 20th 2016 by Henry Holt and Company

To ask other readers questions about Crooked Kingdom, please sign up.
Leigh Bardugo This seems to be the question everyone is asking about CK. For now, this is a duology. I may write more books in the series down the line, but not for…moreThis seems to be the question everyone is asking about CK. For now, this is a duology. I may write more books in the series down the line, but not for a while. (less)
Michael Personally, I enjoyed the Grisha trilogy though I wasn't a big fan of the ending (okay, I was really hoping almost the exact opposite of what happened…morePersonally, I enjoyed the Grisha trilogy though I wasn't a big fan of the ending (okay, I was really hoping almost the exact opposite of what happened to have happened), however Six of Crows is world's above and beyond; the entire cast is great, the fantasy-heist story is fun with some solid character development and it's a great read.(less)

Nat
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: diverse-reads
Before I start my review, can we just take a minute to admire this beautiful piece of art featuring my favorites:
Source

“I will have you without armour, Kaz Brekker. Or I will not have you at all.”

This review contains *spoilers*.

The wait for this grandiose sequel has been all-consuming, I've been thinking about the Dregs for months and months now, so getting back into their lives has been one of the most rewarding experiences.

The book opens on Wylan still wearing Kuwei Yul-Bo’s features since
Emily May
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, 2016
That’s the problem with Ketterdam, Jesper thought as they stumbled uncertainly through the dark. Trusting the wrong person can get you killed.

What's that down there on the ground, you say? Oh, it's just my heart after Bardugo callously ripped it out *sob*

Seriously, this book was such a crazy ride. The jump in quality from the Grisha trilogy to Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom is just astounding. These books have Bardugo's compelling style all over them, and yet they are so much more complex, r
Regan
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
UGHHHHH I NEEEEDDD MORRRREEEEEE
Victoria Aveyard
HOW DARE YOU LEIGH
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
Review/discussion: https://youtu.be/aFX-hrVHFus

My favourite part of reading this was that as I took review notes every time I wrote Kaz it autocorrected to Kazoo

This freaking book oh my goodness. I LOVED IT, even more than the first one actually. I adore this characters and I must see them again. A Nina spin off perhaps? YES PLEASE.
Katerina
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
“No mourners.
No funerals.”

Let me tell you a story about a girl I know.
For the first time in her life, she got a job, a great job, and she was happy about it. There was only one huge drawback: there was no time to read. Only stolen moments and a few pages a day, just to keep in touch with the essence of magic only words can offer. One cloudy morning, while she was in the bus to work, reading, a scene came. You know which one. There was a gunshot. A kiss. And then silence. Deafening silence. But
Lucia
COMPLETELY SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:

First thing first, meet Kaz Brekker's crew:

5 REASONS WHY CROOKED KINGDOM IS THE BEST SEQUEL EVER

#1 Storytelling at its best
This book will literally keep you on the edge of your seat, your toes curling and your heart racing. There was not a single boring moment. On contrary! I flew through this book and wish it was even longer than 546 pages.

#2 Parade of twists
Leigh Bardugo is a genius. I can't even count how many times during this book I thought "No way! I didn't s
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
*heaves deep breath in*

Where do I even begin?

Leigh friggin' Bardugo. You really, truly outdid yourself with this one. Never in my life have I been more severely anxious over a novel than this right here— would it live up to the hype's madness? Could it surpass the sheer awesomeness that was Six of Crows? Will anything ever compare? Was I just digging my own grave of unfulfilled hopes and dreams like this?

Yes, yes, yes and NO, thank the Saints (or well, Inej will).

Crooked Kingdom is one of those
C.G. Drews
HOW DO I EVEN ACCURATELY REVIEW THIS MASTERPIECE??? I don't know. What are words. What is air. WHAT IS TYPING AFJDSKALFDAJSKDLJD. Okay okay, I will calm myself and wrote some (semi)coherent thoughts but basically all you need to know is this book is a magnificent villainous piece of genius that I love so so so so much. Hence the "WHAT IS AIR" question because fjakldfsad if I fangirl anymore I will lose my miiiiiiind.

(Just kidding hhaha. I lost my mind YEARS AGO.)

Also this review will not contain
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》

What went wrong the first time:

1) The plot was very different than what i had on mind. This just threw me off. For some reason, i expected CK to be about Grisha rising & the crows helping out Nina to win the war. I wanted it to be grander than just Kaz and his greed. I was waiting for Ravka to rebel.

2) The hype! Too much hype is a huge turn off for me. Always.

3) Got spoiled about the ending & apparently i wasn't the only one. Some fangirl didn't like the way Leigh wrapped things up, so
karen
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: why-yes-i-ya
congratulations! semifinalist in goodreads' best YA fantasy & science fiction category 2016!

photo IMG_6823_zpso5odeitt.jpg

But wasn't that what every girl dreamed? That she'd wake and find herself a princess? Or blessed with magical powers and a grand destiny? Maybe there were people who lived those lives. Maybe this girl was one of them. But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary.
Jessica Edwards
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
She's only gone and done it again! Fantastic
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
LEIGH BARDUGO IS A RELENTLESS DEMJIN!!!

This was my first thought when I finished to read “Crooked Kingdom” and after thinking about it, I decided to leave it at that! It’s true! This amazing woman gave me all the feels and played me like a fiddle! There were so many twists and turns that my head actually started to spin and whenever I thought something would be alright, everything, literally everything changed once again!

How did you do this Leigh?
How can you be such a talented manipulator?
Melanie

1.) Six of Crows ★★★★

“Maybe there were people who lived those lives. Maybe this girl was one of them. But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary.”

First and foremost, can we talk about the diversity and representation in this book?

- Main characters are POC.
- LGBTQ main characters.
- Disabled main characters.
- Body positivity.
- Abusive family dynamics.
Kai
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Crows remember human faces. They remember the people who feed them, who are kind to them. And the people who wrong them too. They don’t forget. They tell each other who to look after and who to watch out for.”

A nearly perfect conclusion to a mindblowing and breathtaking duology. I promise you, I've never read a better example for diversity and representation. This series features characters of multiple cultures, faiths, and sexualities, suffering from mental or physical illness and battling dif
Adam Silvera
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
Leigh Bardugo's stories are masterful. I'm such a slow reader with a mountainous TBR, so to have read ALL FIVE of her books is a huge sentiment in my life. I love the Grisha world so much and welcome any and all additions to it. Also, GIMME A TV SHOW WITH THESE CHARACTERS. This world is so epic.
Cait • A Page with a View
"Better terrible truths than kind lies."
(ALL SPOILERS ARE HIDDEN)

Well, that was emotional. I love these characters so much it's ridiculous. I mean, I thought they were incredible in Six of Crows, but that love just got taken to a whole new level. They became six of the strongest, most defined characters I've ever seen and I cannot choose a favorite. I pretty much ship everyone, too... so many adorable couples.

Oh my goodness I just went 30 seconds without talking about Nikolai... if you haven't a
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

One day later, I still can't believe that I didn't love this. I still can't believe that I've waited a year, seen all my friends adoring it, and ended disappointed and alone in my shameful corner. I still can't believe that I almost wish I didn't read it, because I can't forget that while I did like it, Crooked Kingdom :

Yep, that's Kaz. Hear me out : it's no secret that I have a soft spot for cunning and ruthless thieves who may or may not be hiding their vulnerabilities. As much as I do realiz
✨    jamieson   ✨
My original review is below BUT OKAY OH BOY LET ME TALK ABOUT THIS BOOK (ramble ahead)

fuck !!! i love everyone so much. this book means the world. I swear to god I just love every character and all their interactions so much. I don't understand how Leigh Bardugo made me love these characters so much. Like, they're fake but I swear to god they feel SO REAL. It's actually physically painful thinking about how it's over and I can't get more of them (if they don't appear in King of Scars I'll find L
Chelsea Humphrey
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wah… Once again I’m at the end of the road with a bunch of pals I hate to see go. Honestly, I didn’t have high expectations for Six of Crows before starting it; I’ve learned over the past few years that most books being overly hyped tend to let me down, so I adjusted my expectations and decided to read it just to say I had. I was wrong about this one. If I had read Bardugo’s Grisha trilogy first, I probably would have gotten through it more quickly, but since I hadn’t I had to go slowly and get ...more
Hannah
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, owned
MY VIDEO REVIEW IS NOW LIVE: https://youtu.be/ehlUs9b3JZs

That was INCREDIBLE!

I don't have the words to describe how absolutely perfect this is. Hands down the best book I've read this year and one of the best books I've EVER read.

I loved the first book, but Crooked Kingdom took the bones of Six of Crows and gave them life. Not only is it the perfect sequel in terms of expanding the world and further developing the themes and characters, but it can absolutely stand alone as it's own story.

This se
Elise (TheBookishActress)
I know we frown upon picking favorite books here, but you know what? This is my favorite book of all time and y'all can leave.

Warda
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favs-the-baes
I am not okay. I am in pain. I feel sick. My heart... I've shed way too many tears. And that last line? I need more! I feel deprived!

But in spite of all that, this book was better than waffles! (Matthias, my babe!)

I'm in awe, to be honest. I'm blown away by how good this book was. What Leigh Bardugo has crafted is nothing short of spectacular. This is definitely going on my all-time favourite list.

(view spoiler)
Cody
Behold the beautiful cover!!!

Title: EMPIRE OF CROWS We've been Kaz Brekkered it's actually CROOKED KINGDOM

Ohhhhh I like love it!

THOSE LAST FEW CHAPTERS OF SIX OF CROWS

I just can't cope, there aren't words for how much I need book 2, it's been over a week since I read SoC and I still can't get over it!

This book has ruined all others, where do I throw my money for the next one?
April
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My last read of 2017.🙆🏻♀ ...more
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
Fair warning…. This review is going to be a mess of spoilers and emotions. If you want something slightly more comprehensible check out my review of Six of Crows.

Anyway, this book ripped my heart out, and I’m shocked I’m still standing after that damn roller coaster.

I love this duology. The characters, the plot, the writing…. I can’t find one flaw. Nothing compares to the satisfaction of Kaz and his criminals pulling off one of their schemes… other than of course the scheme going horribly wrong
Em
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

no mourners, no funerals.

did you mean: (view spoiler)

hahaha....ha ha....h [slowly fades into nothingness]

anyway it’s 1 year later and here comes the memory I thought I had successfully suppressed!! I'm really excited to not severely hate myself every time I make the conscious decision to remember that ending but I swear the sour memory is still keeping me here in the salt pentagram Leigh Bardugo has surrounded my house in

honestly?? fuck. my feelings
Dorreh
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Have any of you wondered what I did with all the cash Pekka Rollins gave us?"
"Guns?" asked Jesper.
"Ships?" queried Inej.
"Bombs?" suggested Wylan.
"Political bribes?" offered Nina. They all looked at Matthias. "This is where you tell us how awful we are," she whispered.*

I absolutely love it when an author takes a rhythmic pattern and makes it their trademark. This was so incredibly beautiful. It just helps you fall in love one word at a time. There's something so intimate about not just reading
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Updated *Full Review* only minor spoilers..

Wowow.

Spoiler free initial thoughts..

1. Holy blazers this is the most in depth clever plot I've ever read.
2. Bless you, Leigh, bless you.
3. If you haven't read Grisha.. i highly recommend it.. because it will make this book that much more awesome. Not only is Grisha one of my ALL TIME favorite trilogies, but I absolutely adored this and the two series weave together SO well. Why? (view spoiler)
Samantha
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-2016
Obviously. Full review and gush will be on my channel.
  • Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen, #2)
  • Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2)
  • Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
  • Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2)
  • A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)
  • Warcross (Warcross, #1)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Spectacle (Menagerie, #2)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
  • Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)
  • Wayfarer (Passenger, #2)
  • The Swan Riders (Prisoners of Peace, #2)
  • Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • The Queen of Blood  (The Queens of Renthia, #1)
Leigh Bardugo is the #1 New York Times bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of the Six of Crows Duology and the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, as well as the upcoming Wonder Woman: Warbringer (Aug 2017) and The Language of Thorns (Sept 2017).

She was born in Jerusalem, grew up in Los Angeles, and graduated from Yale University. These days, she lives and writes in Hollywood where she can occasion
More about Leigh Bardugo

Six of Crows (3 books)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
  • Untitled (Six of Crows, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Black Thorn, White Rose
  • Otherkin
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
“I would have come for you. And if I couldn't walk, I'd crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we'd fight our way out together-knives drawn, pistols blazing. Because that's what we do. We never stop fighting.” 2006 likes
“Maybe there were people who lived those lives. Maybe this girl was one of them. But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary. That was how you survived when you weren’t chosen, when there was no royal blood in your veins. When the world owed you nothing, you demanded something of it anyway.” 988 likes