Start by marking “Why We Love The Way We Do” as Want to Read:
Why We Love The Way We Do

Why We Love The Way We Do

Is it possible to tell if it is love or lust? How important is sex in a relationship? Why do break-ups hurt so much? How often should you message a person you fancy? How do you tell if someone is too young or too old for you?

When it comes to relationships, these are the questions that most of us ponder. No matter how young or old we are, we are all looking for ways to make
Published November 16th 2015 by Westland (first published November 14th 2015)

Start your review of Why We Love The Way We Do
Geevika Bhatia
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
I would say that the book is nothing more than a collection of newspaper articles, where every thing is proved with the statistics of some weird surveys (I always wonder who actually has the time to conduct such surveys) . But I must say Preeti had done a lot of home work in collecting such surveys results to make this book. You don't need to read this book in sequence. Just flip the pages and stop where your eyes catch something that interests you.
Why I read this book? Because relationships ar
Arti Honrao
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's the simplest book I have read on Relationships and I say this is a good way. 5 stars because of my interest in the topic "relationships" and I like to read Preeti Shenoy. 3.5/4 as far as content is concerned.

Most of the book is about statistics and facts. As the book progresses it becomes deeper as more serious topics are discussed towards the end.

The best part of the book is that you can read any chapter of your choice in any order you want. In this case reading a paperback is more conven
Preeti
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sooo much to write...!!
The best book i read ever on relationships...Great Job by Preeti Shenoy..:)
I just love all the thoughts she has suggested in her book.
Trust me..when you will read the book...you ll automatically remember that you did the same what has written in the book..Like from "stalking someone on Facebook" to "Finding your perfect 1"..:)
Read it..You will surely enjoy the book..rather i would say you will learn a lot from this book.
So go for it people..You will be thankful to the au
Vinoth Srinivasan
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: exploring-me, romance
A must must must read for people who are looking to start a relationship, for people who are in a relationship which they wanna make it an eternity, for people who are broke up. Every element in a relationship has been covered in this book and the beauty its discussed from both( male & female) point of view. Personally this book has startled me and made me understand myself and at which point I am standing in my relationship. ...more
Deepak Motiramani
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Relationships are complex to understand as it differs from person to person. However Preeti has done justice in the compilation of Essays written over time to highlight the intricacies of relationships.
Highly recommended book from my side to those who are married and also who are going to get married.
I am sure married men will jump to last section first the way I did. :-)
Preethi Venugopala
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I began blogging inspired by Preeti Shenoy. Her blog posts always used to come with advice that I needed at any given moment. So when this book came out I purchased it as I adore both her fiction and non-fiction writing skills.
This book contains many well-researched articles which were earlier published in Financial chronicle under the column titled 'Sex and the City'.
The book is divided into 7 sections where each section deals with a particular aspect of love in relationships. The sections are
Rashmi31179
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A simple four lettered word called 'LOVE' which is completely knitted up with complexities, confusions and complications has been put up in nutshell by Preeti Shenoy wonderfully in this book. She has the complied every minute detail so very flawlessly with appropriate examples which makes it even easier to flow with.
This book is a must read for all with no age barriers, after all love is totally irresistible. So go grab yr copy soon!!
Reema D'Souza
Dec 05, 2015 rated it liked it
The most common theme in daily lives is the aspect of love. Preeti Shenoy in this non fiction book of hers has addressed a lot of questions about love and relationships. A nice collection of articles on the subject and what makes it better is that there is a lot of research that has gone into the content of the book. A good read I must say!
Akansha Gupta
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
No matter how young or old we are, we are all looking for ways to make our relationships better. The best way to do that is to understand what makes us behave the way we do.

After reading this u will definitely get to know Why we love the Way we do.. :P
Anmol Rawat
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
It is a decent book and Preeti Shenoy had put in a lot of efforts in research and articulation from personal experiences. I loved reading some of the chapters, but some facts (based on surveys) seemed too far fetched. A few chapters were actually boring and I loved reading those that had some real instances or life stories of her readers. Overall, it was worth the time but not great.

Read a detailed review here - https://www.anmolrawat.com/why-we-love-the-way-we-do-book-review/
Shrinidhi Venkat
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not so good. The topics were too good and I got fascinated but not much content on the topics. It was quite vague and I didn't expect this from Preeti Shenoy.
Kavitha
This book is a disappointment, and unlike most of Preeti Shenoy's books.It's fair to say that its a self-improvement book.Does not classify as fiction.
Mansi
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting read on different perspectives to relationships. Loved the wit and the satire in most of the essays however the book on the whole the book was nothing memorable.
dunkdaft
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Sorry. But didn't work for me. Nah nah.
Tejaswi Vajinepalli
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wah Wah..!! Oh my gawd , can a book be better than this ??? My favorite genre i my most likable narration and compilation, may be this is what I felt as heaven throught my journey with this book..! Such a masterpiece, and this book had become my first choice to gift someone especially friends..!!

Preeti Shenoy ji, what a talent u are ?
Powerhouse of writing and tremendous expression , power just to impact and influence others, by each and every book that I read and each and every detail I get to k
Jasmine Dayal
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the first non-fiction book that I've read and It took me very long to finish reading it. I think it's worth mentioning here that I read the book as part of BookTubeAThon 2018 so in accordance to that, it took me longer than expected.

Well, I must say, I have a mixed reaction about this book. Where at one point, I liked the writing style, the topics that were discussed in the book didn't appeal to me . And just because of that, I didn't quite enjoy the book. But it has helped me take a li
Shweta Hinduja
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Birthday month - got this as a present. Sure they judged me and the title and how I always try to put logical sense into everything even about love. WHY WE LOVE THE WAY WE DO?

This one is a collection of the columns she wrote for a paper. Read this while you are waiting for someone or something and you have nothing better to do cause honestly shuting this book at any goddamn page won’t leave you feeling sorry but thankful.

And if you were looking for something better in the same genre try - Mode
Rahul Ammanath
Intellectual solutions for the troubles in a relationship.

The book itself is written with a strong support of a deep research. Mostly every aspect of a relationship scenario has been covered. Definite read for someone who is in seek for a relationship advisor. But writing itself is a bit stretchy mostly juggling around with sentences and words back and forth just to increase the word count. In many scenarios the writing itself could have been short and precise rather than stretching it like chew
Tanushri
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read

I started reading this book just because the name sounded interesting and it was written by Preeti Shenoy.
A few theories are quite interesting and also stand true in today's time. Sometimes it felt repetitive and just gyaan but only for a small time because she would come back with stories about some or the other one which helped in making the connect.
All in all a good read, making me understand the how's and why's of a relationship/love.
Amit Thumar
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I forgot to read that it's a collection of newspaper essays. Feel free to read whatever fancies you. No need to read it in sequence.
Writing is fluid in each articles, ample examples are there with facts and humour in each article.
Content wise, it's not a very conclusive in most chapters but just provides space to think or provokes thinking.
Rishabh Kaushal
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book in relationships, love, sex, infatuation etc. The books is the collection of articles the author had written in the newspaper. The book
Is great and there are lot of advises and tips given on relationships.
Khushboo
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
It's not bad but there's also nothing special in this book. It's like a collection of studies, excerpts from some legendary love stories and statistics, just put together in a pleasing writing style.
Nikita Shetty
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
It's more about few researchs conducted . Only few chapter are good to read , you can skip any chapter u don't want to read. So I rate this 3 stars.
Nuzu Nuzu
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I Loved This Book. It is a Psychological Book which advice about relationships.
Kajal Chandni
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just didn't wanna stop!

Always kept me wanting for more. Well structured and effortlessly amazing. A combinatiob of great references and in depth research. Definitely recommended.
S M Shashank
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not a great book...after reading you'd probably be thinking ,"why'd I have to waste my time on this?"
Mamta Thakur
Not so good

This book has its moments but they are very few. It felt like reading a text book. I did not enjoy it.
Sunita Nambiar
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Initially I found a good read then realized all based on different published news items. It is all about relationships in modern concept tinder love online love etc. It's an okay read for me
Animesh Kumar Singh
Insightful yet not making the connect

Book will certainly add your knowledge base on things that matter in relationship but it doesn't hold you long enough to make an impact.
Prashanth Baskaran
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Somewhat interesting and insightful essays about life and love.
A fast read.

• Half Girlfriend
  • Mrs Funnybones
  • Five Point Someone: What Not to Do at IIT
  • Undelivered Letters
  • I've never been (Un)happier: (Penguin Petit)
  • The Wedding Tamasha
  • You are My Reason to Smile
  • Your Dreams Are Mine Now

Preeti Shenoy, among the top five highest selling authors in India, is also on the Forbes longlist of the most influential celebrities in India. She is the highest selling woman writer in India. Her work has been translated to many languages.

India Today has named her as being unique for being the only woman in the best-selling league. She has been awarded the ‘Indian of the Year’ award for 2017 b