Start by marking “Jak řídit: Lekce autoškoly od muže známého jako The Stig” as Want to Read:
Jak řídit: Lekce autoškoly od muže známého jako The Stig

Jak řídit: Lekce autoškoly od muže známého jako The Stig

Autorem této praktické příručky je závodní jezdec přezdívaný Stig, který často vystupuje v pořadu TOP GEAR, ale málokdo ví, že také zastupoval představitele Jamese Bonda při nejtěžších honičkách v posledních filmech. Kniha je také proložena historkami z natáčení.
S jeho pomocí si ověříte, zda při jízdě správně sedíte, osvojíte si třeba správnou techniku projíždění zatáček,
Published 2015 by Mladá fronta (first published October 9th 2014)

Will Once
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is mostly fun, but with a bit of an identity crisis. That may not be surprising for a man who makes his name by being invisible, whether it as the helmeted Stig or a stunt driver pretending to be Daniel Craig.

Or perhaps that should be Daniel Craig pretending to be a stunt driver?

There's some good stuff here. There is some interesting advice on car control, although it's a bit basic. There are some funny anecdotes about his time on Top Gear and other driving adventures. But then there'
Jan
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 52knih, 2016
Po mnoha a mnoha letech jsem si řekl, že by se mi řidičák přeci jen mohl hodit. A tak jsem nyní, kdy mám těsně před zkouškama v autoškole, bratrovi zabavil tuhle knížku, kterou jsem mu kdysi dal k Vánocům.

A musím říct, že je to skvěle napsaná kniha.

I když je jejím autorem závodní jezdec a kaskadér, efektním trikům se věnuje jen na konci. Zbytek knihy tvoří praktické tipy… jak řídit. Lépe a bezpečně. A pár historek z natáčení, kterým chybí jen dovětek: Doma to nezkoušejte.

Kdyby britský nakladatel
Chakrit Yau
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
อานไปไดไมถึง 100 หนา กทำใหเราระลึกไดวา เราควบคุมเบรคกับคันเรงในจังหวะเขาโคงผิดมาโดยตลอด

คัมภีรสำหรับคนขับรถ ตังแตการจัดตำแหนงทีนัง การจับพวงมาลัย การอานสถานการณบนทองถนน ไลไปถึงการควบคุมบาลานซรถ การเขาไลน การขับรถในสภาวะทีถนนลืน และการดริทฟรถ ตบทายดวยการบังคับรถในสถานการณฉุกเฉิน เชน ยางระเบิด หรือเบรคแตก

เสียอยางเดียว นำเยอะไปหนอย
Frank
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very fun read, and pretty informative about regular driving. Ben Collins uses anecdotes about his time with Top Gear to illustrate his points, but you definitely don't have to be a fan to enjoy this book.

Recommended for anyone who has his or her driver's license and wants to learn the stuff parents and instructors can't tell you.
Julian Watt
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read and informative.Excellent for anyone interested in driving better, racing or even watching racing.
Christine Kenney
Agree with another reviewer who felt that this book has an identity crisis in trying to serve too many audiences. After getting over my initial disappointment the Stig was not Schumacher, I enjoyed hearing Benjy's perspective on Top Gear antics... even if his quips were somewhat incomprehensible due to the transatlantic argot divide and my lack of a clutch. However, I mostly picked this book because I'm in the pronounced minority of drivers who believe they are worse drivers than average and are ...more
OxoNewbie
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: driving
Ben Collins previously known as The Stig loves to drive. I wanted to pick up a few tips and also to see what driving is like from someone who finds it a pleasure. Overall, I did find this book useful. For racing fans, there are some interesting tales about competing in famous races but it was reassuring to know that even for somebody who thrives on speed, his approach to driving on the open road is measured: antipication, engine braking, thinking several moves ahead. The advice on observation wa ...more
Michael Otzen
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book!

Normally I find books difficult to read as I often doze off. 16 years on the bench has made me hate reading “books”. But this books sailed through everyday, soaking up every single chapter as if it was candy. If you are interested in cars, improve your driving skills or simply prepare in a different way for your upcoming driving test, this is the book for you, hands down!
Erik Dewey
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining book about how to drive, which sounds difficult. What surprised me while reading it was that I paid more attention to my driving in the car and overall it improved, mostly without intention.

There are some fun anecdotes sprinkled in throughout and, yes, some stunt driving training. Fun book.
Satya Faturakhmat
Contained some good fundamental driving tips that you probably not aware even though you've done a lot of car driving. But, if you don't have a rich vocabularies of technical terms, the writing could be somewhat confusing. Plus, if you are not that interested in drive a racing car or manage to do a stunt move, there's a lot of pages you don't need to read.
Xander
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read, plenty of actual driving advice tied in with some stories of his previous job. definitely worth a read for all the driving enthusiasts out there
Bart
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfully enjoyable, surprisingly insightful and altogether valuable reading experience.
Nick
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific book, should be required reading, especially here in the States where it seems if you can fog a mirror you get a licence.

Get it, read it, apply the lessons within.
Raphael Schneider
Interesting, absorbing and valuable for anyone ever sitting in front of the wheel.
Tom
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's really good as a guide to driving. Plenty of things to try or think about for experienced drivers as well as newer ones. It acknowledges what established instructions and manuals say, and explains why it may be easier/quicker/safer to think differently. Great clear illustrations and it's more likely to be read coming from a race driver, or stunt driver for 007 or Top Gear, than some crusty figure of authority.

Tone and style is a bit uneven - sometimes it catches you out jumping from serious
Dmytro Krasun
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ben Collins drives in "Fast and Furious 6", he opens "Quantum of Solace" as James Bond. Even those things are sound interesting for me. How is it to be so cool driver?

I totally recommend reading this book for these ones who touches steering wheel every day. And not because, you'll drive better or you'll learn new tricks, just to get the feeling of how Bel Collins loves driving and to understand logic is guided by the racer.

I do not recommend this book for drivers, who improves their driving skil

Suzie
Mar 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, memoir
Mostly about how to drive, plus some other parts interspersed about Top Gear and stunt driving. The best parts are the basic driving advice. It's more or less similar to the book I had when I learned to drive in high school, minus the parts about American insurance (it's an English book), and most of the parts about car fluids, plus a bit of personality and Scandinavian flick. Most useful to me were the parts on ABS braking (which I never learned in school) and spraying my screen to avoid foggin ...more
Exapno Mapcase
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lter
Usually when I finish a book I donate to the local library, I’m considering donating it to the DMV or a local dealership, maybe people could pick up a few things while they wait. Ben uses his vast experience as a race and stunt driver to show what to do and when to do it, and more importantly what NOT to do, and living in an Air Force town with a bunch of flyboys zooming around I have seen a lot of the not to do side.

Free review copy.
Jeff
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: development, how-to
Good read with some very practical advice from "The Stig"!
Radek
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I do agree with https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... and could write the same.
Scott
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now I can be even more obnoxious about driving.
Glenn
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Informational with great stories of his driving exploits (and mistakes). Great tool for drivers!
Iurii Okhmat
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, good tips, awesome stories.
Anet
Aug 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
More about doing Top Gear than actual advices, but still quite enjoyable.
Igor Krasilich
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Great driving manual! If you think that you drive like a god you might read it becuase of the funny stories inside the book.
Kober
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun to read, but not going deep enough.
Anna
Feb 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Crap Dates: Disastrous Encounters from Single Life
  • So What!: The Good, The Mad, and The Ugly
  • Anime Impact: The Movies and Shows that Changed the World of Japanese Animation
  • The Who, the What, and the When: 65 Artists Illustrate the Secret Sidekicks of History
  • Notes from the Hard Shoulder
  • How Art Can Make You Happy
  • The Underachiever's Manifesto: The Guide to Accomplishing Little and Feeling Great
  • What's It Like in Space?: Stories from Astronauts Who've Been There
  • Motorworld
  • Creative Block: Get Unstuck, Discover New Ideas. Advice & Projects from 50 Successful Artists
  • Duct Tape Selling: Think Like a Marketer-Sell Like a Superstar
  • The Planets: Photographs from the Archives of NASA
  • Adventures in the Rocky Mountains
  • Bad Trips
  • The Atlantropa Articles: A Novel
  • K is for Knifeball: An Alphabet of Terrible Advice
  • Is It Safe to Kiss My Cat?: And Other Questions You Were Afraid to Ask
  • The Complete World Encyclopedia of Guns: Pistols, Rifles, Revolvers, Machine and Submachine Guns Through History in 1100 Photographs

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »