Start by marking “One Step Too Close: Coffin Nails MC Louisiana (Sex & Mayhem, #6)” as Want to Read:
One Step Too Close: Coffin Nails MC Louisiana (Sex & Mayhem, #6)

One Step Too Close: Coffin Nails MC Louisiana

(Sex & Mayhem #6)

--- One love. One motorcycle club. Two stepbrothers. ---

Ryder. Controlling. Ambitious. Protective.

Jed. Self-destructive. Trapped. Lonely.

Their love? Forbidden. Taboo. All-consuming.

For Jed, the Coffin Nails Motorcycle Club is family. With them, he learned how to think, what to enjoy, and how to fight, but there is one thing he knows his friends can’t find about. They
Published November 18th 2015 by Acerbi & Villani ltd.

To ask other readers questions about One Step Too Close, please sign up.
K.A. Merikan We actually have something much bigger planned for them. I don't want to jump the gun, because it will be a while before we get to it, but they might…moreWe actually have something much bigger planned for them. I don't want to jump the gun, because it will be a while before we get to it, but they might be getting a full-on sequel. Tentative title: "One Step Too Far" :> (less)

Judith
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*** 4.5 Stars ***

I had high hopes for this and it didn't disappoint.
Dom and Seth from Guns N Boys are still my all time favourite couple but Jed and Ryder are a close second.
They were introduced in the last Guns N Boys book and I couldn't wait to get their story.These Authors create some amazing characters.

They are both members of The Coffin Nails MC,with Ryder being higher up the ranks.
They are stepbrothers(view spoiler).Ryder is definit
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
DNF @ 20%

No rating.

~~ IT'S NOT YOU; IT'S ME. ~~

I hated every minute I spent reading this book: booze, filthy bathrooms, pregnant girlfriends, blackmailing fake girlfriends, one of the MCs with another man on page ... all that and typos too.

*runs away screaming*

And the violence hadn't even started yet.

I can't go on. Please don't make me!

These men read like ignorant, misogynistic white trash. And there's nothing sexy about that.
K.A. Merikan
Aug 30, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Chapter 1 and 2 available here! :))

PREORDER!

One Step Too Close

A bit more about the book: http://sinfullysexybooks.blogspot.co....
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Getting to One Step Too Close is the much of the reason I read this series. I've liked the series, but it isn't Guns 'n Boys. Dom and Seth are just my favorites. That said, though, I loved One Step Too Close. It is my favorite book, so far, in the Sex & Mayhem series. And like the other books by these very fine authors, One Step Too Close doesn't pull punches and it has more than its fair share of violence, so if you're not a fan of graphic and gritty, you may not like this series,
Dia
4 solid stars

There's no secret I adore K.A. Merikan's writing style. I adore each and every book written by this amazing duo.

I've read this book a few months ago, but I wasn't in the mood of writing its review and I kind of promised myself not to write "review soon" too many times from now on. I inevitable forget to write a proper review later.

Anyway, I remember I've read this one right after finishing Guns n' Boys: Swamp Blood. I was SO curious about these bikers, so much sexual tension, so
Ele

~4.5 stars rounded up because of the amazing ending~

"If Jed believed in God, he’d consider Ryder the most tempting mortal sin, just waiting to be committed.
..............................................................
Being gay was one thing. Lusting after your brother— even if not related by blood— quite another."

One Motorcycle Club on the brink of disaster. Two stepbrothers in love with each other. Blackmail, action, blood, passionate men fighting and making love, it's ALL here.

The Devil's
Sybil aka Lala
Jed and Ryder are stepbrothers. They’ve been raised together since a young age and were tributes together at their father’s MC, The Coffin Nails. Now as adults, Ryder is very ambitious and as his rank in the MC rises, Jed seems to be slipping further and further into a pit of self-destruction as he deals not only with the homosexual feelings he’s had all his life but also with his fake girlfriend, Dana, who is blackmailing him for information. He has so many secrets to deal with, that something ...more
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.

Ueber-hot bikers with bodies covered in muscles and tattoos and piercings on the most interesting (read: sexy) parts involved in the criminal and dark side of the gangsta world, in the middle of which is one turbulent, all-consuming and forbidden love- love between two stepbrothers.

Oh boy...I know that stepbrother-stepsister romances are currently one of the hit romances in the readers' world, but somehow they never appealed that much to me, bu
~Mindy Lynn~
After these boys' appearance in Guns n' Boys: Swamp Blood I was really looking forward to reading their story. Unfortunately it didn't live up to the hype I had built it up to be in my head.

The guys were great. I really liked them together. They were sweet with each other. I liked how possessive Ryder was with Jed. How protective he was. It was cute. So they worked for me. The rest? Not so much. The bad guys weren't so bad. The threat wasn't that big. It just wasn't the blood bath I am use to w
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

** 3-3,5 STARS **

Being close to Jed was like being close to the sun without getting BURNED by it.

description

Meh.
Breann
KA Merikan + bad boy bikers + stepbros = ALL THE HEARTS AND STARS AND THINGS.

Jed was falling apart. He was being blackmailed, had to hide his true self, and to top it all off, he's in love with his sexy as hell step-brother. All of these things had to be hidden and it's killing him. Especially since he couldn't share any of it with the one person he needs the most, Ryder. His coping mechanism was... well, he doesn't have a coping mechanism. Unless you count self-loathing and self-destruction.

Ryd
River
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This is by far my favorite book in this series. I have only read 3 of 8 and not even in order so what the hell do i know?
I almost gave this book 5 stars. I don't know why but I loved this book so much, Jed and Ryder are just too freaking hot!
But in the end, that's not me. I don't give stars just 'cause.

Jed and Ryder are brothers, not blood related, Step brothers. They belong to the Coffin Nails MC.

Jed is gay, he has tried to date women and be "normal" but he can't. And what makes matters worse,
Rohit
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Moral? No. Delicious? Yes.

This about sums up the whole feeling you'd have after reading this novel. As soon as I read the author's note regarding piercings, I knew I was in trouble. I mooched with the blurb for a long time, let's say 6-7 months cos every time I read the blurb to start the novel, I just didn't see it happening for me. But then I read other books by the duo and I'm left dick-less to say the least. (wink-wink)

For the first time, the I Love You's in a novel didn't matter at the star
Denise H.
***** We get some super sexy M/M sex in this one, and plenty of it !!! *****

Jed and Ryder are stepbrothers, grew up together and belong to the Coffin Nails Motorcycle Club. Ryder and Jed have always been close, but no one knows Jed is gay, and hot for his stepbrother. As with the club atmosphere, homophobia runs rampant, and being "out" isn't an option. Beautiful, long haired blonde Jed is out of control in life and confused, afraid, and insecure. Sexy, muscled Ryder is VP and moving up. This ta
Serena Yates
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015, gay
Another K.A. Merikan biker story? Sign me up. This time it’s all about a taboo subject – stepbrothers – on top of all the usual bada**ery. As if the “normal” mayhem weren’t bad enough. The thing is, Ryder and Jed have grown up together, and since Ryder is older he used to protect Jed from all kinds of dangers, including their father. But they are not related by blood. To me, that removes much of the tabooness of the subject and allowed me to focus on the emotional issues these men have. And boy, ...more
Cadiva
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All the stars, every one of those troubled biker stars for this book

So, I've been after wanting Jed and Ryder's story ever since they guest starred in Chokehold where they ran into Dom and Seth so this book was a welcome read.

What I wasn't expecting though, was that these boys would be fighting Tooth and Luci to he my favourite MC boys. This book was so good, Jed struggling to keep his sexuality a secret, his love for his step brother crippling him and sending him off the rails.
The scene at the
♣️ Lynda ♣️
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I want to thank the authors for giving me the chance to read and review this book before it comes out

I LOVE these Sex and Mayhem books. This installment did not disappoint. This is Jed and Ryder's story.

But they are brothers you say: I KNOW!! Stepbrothers to be accurate, but that's what makes this book so intriguing. The Taboo(ish) element as well as 2 hot guys that finally say what they've been feeling for years. These men burned up my Kindle I tell you. The sex was so hot!!

But what about Dana
Cory
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
What can I say but that Jed and Ryder were very sexy and very hot once they came together! Another great read in this series and I can't wait to read the next one.

I'm still a little up in the air about what I want to happen to Dana. Her relationship with Toro is quite interesting.

I really fell in love with Jed. He reminds me of Seth in that he says some stupid shit, but he's so adorable that you can't help but want to give him a hug. He needed Ryder to balance him out. I love these two!
Maria
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We're back!!! Non-stop excitement. What a ride! I was pulling hard for these guys to get their HEA. The dynamics of their relationship were interesting to say the least. This was a blast to read. Very well written. 4.5 stars.
Kimberly Nicole
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Biker....MM....Stepbrother romance!!! K.A. Merikan knows how to reel me all the way in!!!

description
Duck
***Edited to Add this is now on Kindle Unlimited****

Crazy good. I loved this! The love between Ryder and Jed was real and difficult and beautiful. The sex was smoking hot.

And please, can someone shoot Dana in her evil bitch face? (She'd do it to you.)
Samantha
Did someone say stepbrother?

-gleefully dances around-

K.A. went there. And I'm so happy they did. I AM SO EXCITED TO BE THERE WITH THEM.
Moonlite_Reader
Can't fckin wait man...
I have finally read it.

Jed has always secretly had a crush on his step brother Ryder. If being gay wasn't bad enough, being in love with his brother was his most miserable secret. It doesn't help that his wretched fake girlfriend knows all about it and is blackmailing him for so club info In exchange to stay quiet. With Ryder being his brother and already having a girlfriend everything continues to spiral out of control from Jed. He can't stop the thoughts haunting him an
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Jed's still being blackmailed (from the Gun's and Boys series)
I'm glad I read the Gun's and Boys first...you don't need to, but you get a better feel for Dana if you do. I hope we find out more about Dana in future Gun's books.

Dana is stressing Jed out. He just can't take it any more, and becomes self destructive.

Jed's feelings for Ryder are not one sided. The step that brought them together, felt natural. Once they came together, they were very sweet together. They didn't just have to deal wit
Claude
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like it. I hate Jed. Ryder was just a useless VP for me (nothing to do with Tooth, my favorite VP in book 2).
These guys was just awful together, they go from bad decision to bad decision. I really hate JED! Seriously how can that guy can even survive? His weak, so young in his head, naive and so selfish (many times I want to smack him in the face! "what can you just be gentle and help?"). RYder had everything to loose in this! But he only choses Jed over everything (even his child =>
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
I really enjoyed this and I loved Jed and Ryder's characters. Now that they are Nomads I hope that means they could show up in some of the future books. Maybe they will check out Detroit some time. But considering how much I had been anticipating this book, it didn't live up. It was still very enjoyable but the story was not very interesting. I didnt care for the Toro and Dana parts. I loved the parts where Jed and Ryder were alone best. Or when they were in the bathhouse and gay bar. I would ra ...more
Jan
Nov 18, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish-dnf
Shelves: stepbrother, ku, mc-bikers

This is a tad bit too slow for me.
I like the banter between the guys however, the MClub daily drama/plot is not engaging enough to keep me going.
I couldn't care less for all that is happening around them.
Guilty!
Too many books waiting for me.
Steph
Another fantastic addition to the series and probably the hottest book of the series so far.
If you're looking for some super sexy mm action, a kinky step-brother theme and a fab storyline, then this is definitely the book for you :)
Tina LoveBooksDK
Re-read - july 2018
Re-read - April 2017

Love this book so much!!

**********Forbidden love between two stepbrothers**********

Re-read - july 2016 - I am going to read it again and again, and again ....... etc.

“You’re home as long as you’re with me,”

Jed - self destructive, broken, ADORABLE..
( I know he's a biker, but fuck if I care!!! he is to fucking cute....!)
 photo FA30A1AE-BFD5-4364-91E3-BDE7562D8ED3_zpskytkgjlm.jpg

Ryder - loyal, protective, sexy as HELL!
 photo 352EDFB7-0629-45F8-A0EC-40F63147999D_zps3qk8v0tl.jpeg

Both in love with each other, both keep it A secret from each other.... That is until Jed can't take
KindleCousins
**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"K.A. Merikan" in exchange for an honest review...Thank you!!

So the ladies who brought us our book boy of the month for October, Domenico, brought us two more boys.

We were first introduced to Ryder and Jed through Domenico and Seth. The story was story was somewhat slow to start. There was a lot of fighting against feelings and angst. The guys are in a motorcycle club that can’t get to seem to get their shit together. The other members of the club a
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Last Man Standing (Southern Scrimmage, #5)
  • A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • Rescue Me
  • Resistance
  • Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)
  • Outcome (Aftermath, #2)
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Brave & Beautiful (Sassy Boyz, #3)
  • Death of a Rock Star (The Boy in the Band, #0.5)
  • Lily of the Valley (Flowering, #1.5)
  • The Bridge of Silver Wings (More Heat Than the Sun, #3)
  • Quillon's Covert
  • Wrong Girl (Wrong Girl, #1)
  • Sinner's Fall (Brooklyn Sinners, #4)
  • Blindness
  • Rock Heart (The Vegas Aces #2)
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the d

Sex & Mayhem (10 books)
  • Road of No Return: Hounds of Valhalla MC (Sex & Mayhem, #1)
  • The Devil's Ride: Coffin Nails MC (Sex & Mayhem, #2)
  • Stripped Raw: Coffin Nails MC California (Sex & Mayhem, #3)
  • No Matter What: Coffin Nails MC (Sex & Mayhem, #4)
  • Red Hot: Coffin Nails MC California (Sex & Mayhem, #5)
  • Split: Coffin Nails MC (Sex & Mayhem #7)
  • His Favorite Color Is Blood: Coffin Nails MC (Sex & Mayhem, #8)
  • Heart Ripper: Coffin Nails MC (Sex & Mayhem, #9)
  • Straight as a Wheel: Smoke Valley MC (Sex & Mayhem, #10)
“You’re home as long as you’re with me,” 3 likes