Start by marking “Elastic Heart” as Want to Read:

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  235 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
What do you do when the man who raped you has the entire police force in his pocket? When you’re called a slut, a whore, and a liar?

You get your own justice.

My name is Nami DeGrace, and six months ago I was a normal college student. I was volunteering on the campaign of a man I believed in, a man I thought to be good and noble. Then one night that man forced himself on me
213 pages
Published February 25th 2016 by Trendlettrs (first published February 23rd 2016)

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
☆☆☆☆ 4 "Huck and Dandelion" Stars ☆☆☆☆

"True revenge consumes the spirit."

photo PicsArt_03-20-07.58.38_zpsrteyyuph.jpg

Nami was once a strong, vibrant woman with her life filled with good friends and a good starting job with Senator Mitch Morris.

Then her world is shattered in the blink of an eye when the Senator rapes Nami, taking away every ounce of her former self.

photo PicsArt_03-20-08.23.13_zpsex87pvkb.jpg

Reporting the rape was the most logical thing to do. Her friends would stand by her. The police would believe her and arrest the monster. Only that never happened. Nami was t
Mary Gebhard
Nov 15, 2015 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
HEY GUYS!
Thank you so much for all of your support. I've decided to keep Elastic Heart at 99c for a few more days as a thank you!>> http://amzn.to/1KLK5Ag

☆☆☆Unedited Excerpt☆☆☆

“Nami open your door! It’s me, Law!” I perked up a bit, looking at my door with less hostility and more interest. Why was Law here? Still, my interest was not enough to get me off the couch. Law was persona non grata in the Degrace house.
“Go away!” I yelled, curling myself in blankets.
“I will stay here and wake up
Amy
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mary Catherine Gebhard
5 stars

** If you have triggers from rape and abuse do not click this up. **

From the first line of this book you will be raising your eye brows and saying holy what? The amount of WTF moments from the first few pages had me fuming … and not at the author at the reality of the situation that a rape victim goes through. Nami Degrace has been raped by someone she knows she cant fight … he owns the law …

There you go friends .. yup this is a zinger for sure. Having
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
I was in the mood for some suspense and I found this book on an Amazon trawl. In the beginning I really got into this story and was totally engrossed in Nami's story and her fight for revenge and justice. However, from around the middle and to the end this book kind of lost it's edge for me and became a little weak in plot and depth. The "I love you" came totally out of left field and was just quite frankly unbelievable so once I had re-read that line their relationship lost its spark. However, ...more
Habiba Hasabo
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
*ARC PROVIDED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*

I am gonna start with the cover and the title of this book because they're so damn catchy. They were tempting and I just signed up for the ARC and I don't regret it.

"The world kept revolving, and I had to revolve with it. Even if I really didn’t fucking want to."~

Nami is a troubled woman. She needed to heal, she thinks she wants to stay away from everyone, but she didn't know that Law was her answer. She needed love and she desired acceptance. She wanted to be
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
Mary Catherine’s writing and stories just keep getting better, and if you haven’t read anything from her I highly recommend checking her out and this book.

This story is dark, mysterious and tackles a tough subject. Nami is faced with a lot all at once in the begining and she has no one to help her, she’s alone. She’s tough and strong, and given what’s happened to her she is surprisingly determined to find justice. The law is not on her side, so she basically has to pursue things on her own. But
Komal Chandwani
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Elastic Heart is a heart-breaking novel. The words expressed by the author are powerful enough to make your world crumble. This novel is beautiful in it's own way. I've loved how circumstances are woven in this book so that Nami and Law could be together.

There are lies, heart-breaking scenes, stubbornness and so much more. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, and at times even yelled at my kindle because all I wanted Nami to do was break down her walls.

She is a woman who has build strong walls around
H.J. Bellus
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Elastic Heart by Mary Catherine Gebhard

I have no idea where to start on this one. How do you react? What are you suppose to do? Where do you turn? Is there a right or wrong answer to all of these questions?

Nami DeGrace is faced with all these questions during a pivotal part of her life. Gebhard does an excellent job shaping and molding an in depth character who takes life by the horns and steps to the beat of her own drums. She seeks revenge for the hurt she experienced by a certain someone who
A little birdie told me...
There is so much... too much going on in this book, yet there is so much left out.

Naomi, a rape victim, meets Law while stalking her attacker, a senator (I assume a state senator) who, because of his position and ties to the community, everyone believes innocent. She vows to make him pay, but Law keeps showing up just when she gets close to doing any one of her PTSD inspired, I-have-nothing-left-to-lose-so-I'll-do-desperately-stupid-things plans.

So that's where it fell apart for me. Law doesn'
United Indie Book Blog
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given this ARC for my honest review. I will start by saying this was my first time reading this author and I was pleasantly surprised. It was full of angst and mystery, two of my favorite thing. I was hooked from the start losing sleep just to see how it all ends.

The story starts out with a horrible event in Nami’s life where she is assaulted by a senator with the power to make his crime disappear but Nami refuses to give up even when the police don't believe her even after she has lost al
Robin Martin
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is dark and full of suspense. It will open your eyes to some of the evil that is lurking in plain sight. It will hurt your heart, more than once. It is not a happy fairytale. However, the raw reality of the world that Nami has been forced to live in will pull you in right along with her. You will feel the emotions that she feels. Your heart will break, you will get angry and scared….but the bits of light that start to show up throughout the story will make it worth going through all of ...more
Bookish_Sally
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Elastic Heart by Mary C Gebhard

Let me just say I finished this book from start to finish in one sitting, I could not put it down. I was a little taken back by some of Nami's "operation" plans, they seemed to just pop up. On another note though I loved how this story began, it pulled the reader in right away. I loved the emotional Rollercoaster playing through in her head. I enjoyed reading Law and Nami's story come together. Fav. quotes are "If everyone's insane, then you're the mad one." "I wa
Misty Walker
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
*i was generously given an arc from the COPA crew in exchange for my honest review*

After suffering a horrific rape, Nami is in the fight of her life to take down the high profile politician that wronged her.

The plot and characters were well developed and there are lots of twists and turns to keep you wondering what will happen next. Throughout the book Nick Law is the love interest in question and the reader is smacked back and forth over whether he is a good guy or not. Poor Nami has no trust
Maria
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In the beginning of the book the young girl Nami gets reaped. Her hole life falls apart. Nobody believes in her because the guy is an known politician. She just wants justice and is obsessed about it. One day she meets the mysterious stranger a guy named Law. But can she trust him or is he working for the enemy ?

I have read the book in one day and oh my god. It was so exciting. I couldn't stop. A gripping story with a lot of action. I felt really sorry for Nami and all that she went through. I
Juli Hall
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given an Arc of this for my honest review.
Wow!!! This book has it all, intrigue, romance, suspense and a really great storyline. Warning - it's dark, extremely dark but oh so good.
Melanie
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story is very well written but can cause triggers for those that have had to deal with rape, so keep that in mind. I was very impressed with how Mary Catherine Beghard tackled such a hard topic so well and gave us a brilliant story where the characters persevere at getting through the hard times. The characters are very well developed and I quickly fell in love with them and longed for more from them when the story ended.

Nami DeGrace is a young lady that is set on getting revenge for what a
Jennifer Lessard
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.
I need to start by saying that this book might not be for everyone. If abuse, sexual assault and even drug and alcohol abuse are triggers for you then this is a book you should pass on. As I started reading this book I honestly thought I would be giving it a rating of a 1 or 2 stars. For me this book started out pretty slow for me and I was having a hard time relating to the characters and even to the story line. But at about 25% into th
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW WOW WOW! Nami DeGrace was a normal college student ready to change the world, volunteers on a campaign for a man that she believes in. But the night he rapes her, is the night he destroys her life. When she tried to report it, the police wouldn't help her, and the media called her a slut, whore, and liar. She lost all of her friends, and dropped out of school. She's now a recluse, who has one mission in life, to make him pay. She follows him everywhere, trying to find any evidence of wrongdo ...more
Lisa
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"The biggest tragedy of your life will be you not realizing how amazing you truly are."

I love the details.... when an author takes the time to make sure to get all the little nuances correct. From the first page with the 'rape kit' scenario, Mary Catherine Gebhard reels you in to a story that is built on all aspects of fear that a victim experiences. There are no holds barred. It's ugly and sad and will make you angry. The one thing it won't do is make you regret reading it.

"I'm afraid I'll neve
Coral Mitchell
Feb 19, 2016 rated it liked it
**Do not read if you have rape or abuse triggers.**

Nami's life was shattered when she was raped by a man she trusted personally and professionally. His campaign was able to make her accusations against him into her fault for being a horrible person and trying to ruin him. Nami can barely function, was vilified by the media, shunned by her friends, and dropped out of school. Her only goal now is revenge. Nick all but forces himself into Nami's life. He recognizes the pain in her eyes. He is intri
Louise
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't think I've been surprised by the start of a book like I was by this book. The first few lines alone had me sit up, pay attention and get comfy as I knew I was going to be in for an emotional ride. This is a book that deals with sexual assault and ptsd, it is not something that you should read if you are sensitive this subject.

There have been other books I've read that have dealt with sexual assault but what I loved about this book in particular was that you really felt for Nami. I went t
Zetti
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Elastic Hearts by Mary Catherine Gebhard
Nami has been subjected to a horrible ordeal and in the beginning stages of this book, she makes moves to gather evidence but then it transpires that the person she has accused, is a person of considerable power. This in itself, provides more issues and she is labelled as the outcast within the neighbourhood that she resides in.
She is determined to get justice for herself. She doesn’t want this ‘man’ to get away with what he has done to her. Whilst she is
Kelly Smith
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't know where to begin with this review.....

So many emotions ran through my mind as I read this...

Nami DeGrace is a strong, but broken woman that has her entire life stripped away by someone with powerful ties. She wants revenge, but she can't get back what was stolen....

She is drowning and when someone offers her his help, she fights him every step of the way....will she except what he offers? Will he help her heal or destroy what's left?

This is a powerfully moving book, it is dark and to
Christine
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
What an amazing and intense book! Gebhard makes you feel the pain Nami feels through her story. You can't help but break right along with her and then mend as Law mends her. Fantastic book!
Ashley
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book so much! Nami had such issues to work through going into the book, and Law was the perfect man to go along for the ride!
Kathleen Williams
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elastic Heart

I'm not sure how to say how I feel about this book. It's kind of one of those you have to read it yourself. I can say it is a good read of course it made me feel good and bad emotions which a good author wants right to pull us into the story and make us feel what their characters feel. Sorry not to spoil anything I did deduct a star due to certain part in the book.
S3OCAMY
When I started this novel, I was told it was dark. Having read a plethora of dark romance novels, I thought that I knew what to expect from this story... I was wrong. This isn't a dark romance filled with dirty, sexual themes. This is a story that is tainted in darkness, and it will pull you in.

"Slowly my world was being destroyed by a plague I couldn’t fight: memory."

Nami DeGrace was raped, and she might be the only person who believes this to be a fact. She's disgraced, cast out, and utterly
Aaly
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
** ARC kindly provided by the author via Southern Belle Promotions for an honest review. **

Tumultuous, dark and full of suspense!
You won't be left unscathed by Nami and Law’s story.
The blurb and the Cover are just catchy and intriguing. The plot was dark, twisted and completely captivating.
“When I first crawled out of the dark hole he had placed me in, I was filled with almost too many emotions to process: anger, shame, humiliation, sadness, anger again. Despair.”

Nami is consumed by revenge.
Faith
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*ARC PROVIDED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*
First of all I do want to point out and make sure to acknowledge there are rape triggers. If you are affected by them, please please make sure you have a good support/safety system in place. I'm a survivor so I was up in the air on if I could handle reading but I love books and authors so I gathered my courage up and signed up to read and review Elastic Heart.
There is no doubt this book deals with a very difficult subject, but I can't stress enough the topic w
LizaJane Chronicles
I received this e-book in exchange for an honest review.

I’ve been telling Mary Catherine for months now that this is by far her best work to date.

The book explodes right off the bat with you being completely sucked into the emotional turmoil of a rape survivor. Nami can’t be described as anything but a survivor from minute one and continues to be throughout the book. You are constantly amazed at her resolve and instinct. She will do what needs to be done to make the man who raped her pay.

She ca
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Variants (Anathergians Trilogy, #1)
  • Cameron's Control (Enthrall, #4)
  • The Story of Us Trilogy Boxed Set (Story of Us Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Love Entwined (Entwined #1)
  • One Last Shot (Pub Fiction 3)
  • Good-bye, with Love.
  • The Bellator Saga: The First Trilogy (Bellator Saga, #1-3)
  • Faking Perfect
  • Killer
  • Closed Heart
  • Backfire (Vigilantes, #2)
  • Liar, Liar
  • Lennox (Ride or Die #1)
  • The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)
  • The Color of Our Sky
  • MisTaken (Miss Match, #1.5)
  • Kissed by Reality
  • Murder (Sinful Secrets, #2)
Mary Catherine Gebhard bites off more than she can chew. She's lived in Salt Lake City, Utah her entire life but occasionally goes on vacation from reality. Don't worry, she sends postcards.

Visit her at MaryGebhard.com or on Instagram: @marycgebhard
More about Mary Catherine Gebhard

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Force of Temptation (Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Wildalone
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Comfort of Secrets (Sweet Lake #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It's In His Heart (Red River Valley, #1)
  • Wicked Angel
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Wind Dancer (Wind Dancer, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99