Jump to ratings and reviews

Ravensdale Scandals #4

The Most Scandalous Ravensdale

The woman everyone's talking about…

Hotshot lawyer Flynn Carlyon is determined to get feisty Kat Winwood to accept her rightful place as a Ravensdale heir. Charming and deeply cynical, Flynn relishes a challenge. He will use any means he can to get Kat to bend to his will, including addictive, spine-tingling seduction!

Kat's scandalous heritage has brought her nothing but heartache…and now trouble, in the bespoke-suited form of Flynn! He's the most arrogantly sexy man she's ever met, and when she ends up his reluctant neighbor, giving in to his wicked temptation is only a matter of time…

192 pages, Paperback

Published April 19, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Melanie Milburne

827 books365 followers
I grew up on a small farm on the outskirts of Sydney and as a keen horse rider, often competed in local gymkhanas and even broke in a few horses from time to time. As I was surrounded by animals, I decided at an early age to become a nurse, however I couldn’t stand the sight of blood and so opted for a career in teaching. It’s a bit ironic that I married a surgeon.

I read my first Mills & Boon novel when I was 17 and that encouraged me to continue reading romance novels; the lure of the tall dark handsome hero, who in reality I fell in love with and knew I was going to marry on our second date! After marrying a year later, we moved to Scotland with our six week old baby so my husband could work and study for his MD in surgery. After the birth of our second son we came back to Australia to settle in Tasmania.

I went back to University and up-graded my teaching diploma to a degree and then went on to do a Masters but still I felt as if something was missing. I sat down one day and began writing and everything clicked into place - I had finally found ‘my brilliant career’! I used to write from instinct rather than a specific plan, but now, so many books later I find a loose plan doesn't go astray. An idea will pop into my head, sometimes it will be just a simple phrase or a what if question and I'm away.

Writing is a skill that can be learned and the best way to learn it is to read and to write. So many people feel they have a novel in them and very probably they are right-the only trick is to get it out. My advice to ‘would be’ writers is to write, write, and write even more. Carry a notebook at all times and jot down ideas. And like any other activity the more you do, the more it feels comfortable.

I hope you enjoy my stories and look forward to hearing from you.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
20 (14%)
1 star
12 (8%)
Displaying 1 - 22 of 22 reviews
Profile Image for Alex is The Romance Fox.
1,461 reviews1,079 followers
November 20, 2016
3,5 stars

This is the 4th and final book of Melanie Milburne's Ravensdale Scandals and what a great way to end this enjoyable series - although to be honest........my favourite in this series still remains book #1, Ravensdale's Defiant Captive , Julius's book.

So, HEA's for all the three Ravensdale siblings...well, the legitimate ones, that is..........we now get a chance to meet up with the Ravensdale illegitimate sibling - the love child that the Ravensdale patriarch had kept a secret of.

It's to be expected that Kat Winwood wants nothing to do with the Ravensdales!!! But her father has other plans for her....so he enlists the help of the family's friend and lawyer, Flynn Carlyon, to get Kat in accepting her Ravensdale heritage.

Kat is no walk-over and Flynn finds himself having to work really hard at persuading her to meet her family!!!! They did have some amazing chemistry together and I enjoyed watching Flynn planning and plotting his strategy in getting her to agree with her father's request. I also liked the dialogue and interaction between them...there were some really funny moments.

The reason for 3.5 stars instead of 4??? I wish there had been an epilogue!!! I wanted to know what happened with Kat's career, etc.

I did like this series. The story lines were good and the characters were likeable and engaging.

The books in this series:
Profile Image for StMargarets.
2,808 reviews446 followers
August 27, 2018
The H/h are dog lovers.
They grew up knowing nothing about their fathers (in the hero's case, his mother, too). So they have lack-of-family issues.
They are ambitious. Heroine wants to be a stage actress. Hero is a successful lawyer.

So which one of these common attributes is the thread that moves the plot along and binds them together?

If you said dog lovers - you'd be right. And the dog in question is named Cricket.

The H/h meet when the lawyer hero is assigned by his client (the patriarch of the Ravensdale clan) to pay off heroine before the tabloids can get to her. She is his illegitimate daughter and it was only revealed when her mother died. Heroine wants nothing to do with the money or her father.

Hero pursues her over several months, but she just wants to keep a low profile and go to auditions. Then the hero's mission changes. The father had decided to embrace his long-lost daughter. He wants her to come to his Fifty Years in Show Business party and thinks it will be good publicity.

By this time, the hero is smitten with the heroine and the heroine is attracted to the hero. But the heroine is not playing ball. She will not go to this party.

Hero arranges for the heroine to house-sit the house next to his and this is where the story of their courtship really begins. Besides house-sitting, the heroine must also take care of a cat named Monty and she has to Skype with the cat everyday so his family can see he's all right. Monty is no idle cat. He's a good hunter and brings a not-dead-yet prize into the house. Heroine freaks and runs to the hero.

Hero brings over Cricket, a wiry-haired terrier mix, to take care of the mouse while the heroine stays in his house during the battle. Cricket gets the mouse and the heroine is reluctantly grateful to both of them.

Hero continues to be helpful, but heroine runs over his foot when he tries to direct her to parallel park. He breaks three small bones in his foot and is in a lot of pain. Heroine feels guilty and takes over his Cricket-walking duties, makes him meals and basically spends all of her free time with him.

There is a cute scene where the hero tells Cricket he loves him, and then the happy dog goes to the door to greet the heroine and she tells him she loves him, too. Both the H/h realize they've never said I love you to anyone or anything.

The heroine is also grateful to Cricket since she is auditioning for a West End play called Sylvia. Sylvia is a dog. It's a great chance for the heroine to show her range and she feels ready for the audition because she has spent so much time around Cricket.

I won't spoil it all, but Cricket also plays a role in getting the H/h together after the black moment.
All scenes with Cricket are adorable.

Heroine is not a virgin for those who like to know these things. Hero does not have a girlfriend and hasn't had one since he met the heroine.

Heroine does meet her half-siblings eventually, but MM doesn't make that the emotional center of the story. The emotional center is how two messed up, lonely people bond over hot sex and a little dog.

This story desperately needed an epilogue. It's the last book in the series, and even though everyone was together at the party and each character got a line or two - it felt too abrupt. Another negative for me: the patriarch of the clan never got his comeuppance for how he treated the heroine after the tabloid story broke. Nor did he feel any guilt for paying her mother to have an abortion. Another thread dropped was the heroine's interactions with her half-siblings' diva actress mother. I would have liked to have seen how that worked out.

Profile Image for Helen.
2,145 reviews12 followers
April 24, 2016
This is the fourth book in the Ravensdale series and what a beauty it is I have thoroughly enjoyed them all so far and was eagerly awaiting the last Ravensdale Kat although her journey to become a Ravensdale is far from what her brothers and sister had and Kat is feisty and so loveable as family lawyer Flynn Carlyon will find out.

Kat Winwood is an only child with a single mother and has led a very under privileged life moving around with her mother but she has always wanted to be an actress and has worked hard to get a start. Just before her mother passes away she finally tells Kat who her father is, none other than the famous actor Richard Ravensdale wow Kat is a love child and when her father sets his lawyer Flynn on the case to get Kat to attend a party to meet him and her brothers and sister and Flynn is nothing but persistent while Kat keeps refusing but with the spark between them this starts a journey for Kat that will change her life in such a great way.

Flynn Carlyon never loses and he will get Kat to this party. Flynn has been through a failed relationship that changed his life and he has issues from his childhood that add to his determination to stay single but this pull that Kat causes is troubling Flynn, and when she moves next door to house sit and there is a small accident that brings them closer together and with Cricket Flynn's dog added to the mix there is not denying the electrical spark between them.

I loved this story it is so very sensual and moving as Kat who needs a bit of confidence building and the gorgeous Flynn journey to a beautiful HEA one that will have you smiling. This book was such an awesome read with characters that are so real and alive and the internal dialogue from Kat will have you laughing and with Kat finally meeting her family and becoming a part of a proper family. I can highly recommend this one you will not be disappointed MS Milburne knows how to pull a reader in with her magical stories thank you for another fabulous story that will be on my keeper shelf.
Profile Image for ❤SanaReads❤.
1,068 reviews62 followers
April 19, 2016
This is the 4th and final book of the series "Ravensdale Scandals."

It's the story of Kat the unwanted secret love child of Richard Ravensdale and the family successful lawyer Fynn Carylon.

You should know their rules.

He always wins
And...
She is good at proving people wrong.

I really liked the story so much. Kat wasn't the insecure love-child that was rejected by her father.
She was a confident, ambitious beautiful woman who fought to have a decent life and wasn't tempted by the wealth or success of her father aka sperm donor.

the relationship between Fynn and Kat was so strong and mutual.

Kat wasn't a doormat or a sex slave (always melting when touched), she was a woman who knows what she wants and goes for it.

Flynn, was an adorable character. He was a successful lawyer, a caring friend and an adorable lover...with a mouth you could die for.

"How could a man she hated so much have such a gorgeous mouth? He had the sort of mouth you could only describe as sinful. Smoking-hot, sex-up-against-the-kitchen-bench sinful. Sex-with-the-curtains-wide-open sinful".

Profile Image for Nas Dean.
811 reviews37 followers
May 6, 2016
THE MOST SCANDALOUS RAVENSDALE by author Melanie Milburne is May 2016 release by Harlequin Presents series.

This is Book 4 of the mini Ravensdale series.
Book 1: Ravensdale’s Defiant Captive.
Book 2: Awakening the Ravensdale Heiress
Book 3: Engaged to Her Ravensdale Enemy

Flynn Carlyon is the lawyer for the Ravensdales. So he wants the love-child Kat Winwood to meet her father. But Kat is not interested to meet the man.
But living next door to him and running into him all the time sets off fireworks. Will Kat be able to keep to her resolve?

THE MOST SCANDALOUS RAVENSDALE is a highly sensual romance filled with emotions and drama. Author Melanie Milburne brought this miniseries of The Ravensdale Scandals and I’ve been on the edge of my seat to read about all the Ravensdales. It is a tale of family scandals, betrayal and redemption. This story would enthrall a reader and keep her hooked until the very last page. I finished this story in one sitting, as I was eager to discover what happened next.

Highly recommended for all readers of romance.
Profile Image for Deborah.
2,397 reviews21 followers
May 31, 2016
I loved the Ravendale stories and was excited to finally read about Kat and Flynn. Unfortunately, some of the story left me flat. I love a great epilogue but there wasn't one. How did Kat's play go? Did Richard's wife befriend Kat? So much left unsaid. But definitely a happily ever now.
Profile Image for TashNz.
722 reviews17 followers
August 11, 2016
What a delight is was to read Flynn and Kat's happy ever after!

Flynn has featured through out the Ravensdale series as the lawyer responsible for hunting down the Ravensdale's illegitimate daughter. Flynn is absolutely taken with aspiring theatre actress Kat and in The Most Scandalous Ravensdale, he manages to have her house sit next door after Kat relentlessly avoiding him and even losing jobs for it. Top of his priority list is to get her to "the party" but as he gets to know her more, getting to "know" Kat more becomes top of his priority list. Kat has absolutely no desire to meet the man who paid to get rid of her but is quite attracted to Flynn and together the two, often very very humorously start building a friendship.

What I loved most about this book was Melanie Milburnes humor and way with words. Absolutely delightful. Some of my examples are:

She got out of her car and pretended she didn’t notice how out of place it looked sandwiched between his showroom-perfect BMW and the silver Mercedes. It looked like a donkey at the starting gates at Royal Ascot.

Nothing would have given her more pleasure than to smash up his pride and joy. To reverse her car at full throttle time and time again. Crash. Bang. Crash. Bang. Crash. Bang.

He gave a loose shrug of a very broad shoulder. Did he row for England? Work out? Lift bulldozers in the gym?

He ducked back out from under the crime-scene tape in his mind that blocked him from thinking of how desperate he had felt back then.

Something that made this story unique was Kat's conversations with herself. She talked to herself to sort situations and it was really really funny and quite cute! Loved it!

Refreshing story and a fitting wrap up to end the Ravensdales.
Profile Image for Amanda.
620 reviews
April 26, 2016

I have been anticipating this story for a long time. I wanted to read all about Kat Winwood’s journey since she sashayed into the Ravensdale clan’s lives. She piqued my interest from the start and now I get to tell you my verdict on her new life. The fourth book in the Ravensdale miniseries, The Most Scandalous Ravensdale by Melanie Milburne is one heck of a story. Drama abounds between the pages and there is never a dull moment. The entertainment quota is high and the romance between Flynn Carlyon and Kat Winwood sizzles! This is one hot story you wouldn’t want to miss. Ms. Milburne writes with an easy flow as she sheds light into the lives of her characters bringing out their depth, their soul to the eyes of the reader.

Kat Winwood never knew her father growing up, however on her mother’s death bed her mother—who’d raised her singlehandedly—reveals a life changing truth. The identity of her father… From that moment on, Kat’s life had never been the same. Then in walks her father’s lawyer, a man set in his ways. What happens between them will keep you entranced until the end as their story unfolds!

Highly Recommended
4.5 Stars
Profile Image for Cheryl Steckling.
318 reviews1 follower
April 23, 2016
The Most Scandalous Ravensdale by Melanie Milburne
Kat Winwood cannot seem to get away from hotshot lawyer Flynn Carlyon. Kat does not want to be associated with the Ravensdale’s after how her father treated her mother. Kat has had nothing but a troubled upbringing thanks to her father. Her father is non-other than the Richard Ravensdale and she is the unwanted secret love child.
She is short on cash and she house sits for a family with a cat. Now she finds out that Flynn is her neighbor. First he is at the coffee shop she works at then now at the house next door. Can she ever be rid of him? Kat after her mother passed away has made a living for herself and had paid for her mother’s funeral. That was has left her a little more short on funds than normal.
Having read the other books in the Ravensdale Scandals series I had to read this one and it certainly did not disappoint me.
Would Kat and Flynn hook up since they were now neighbors at least for a while? Melanie Milburne books will get you hooked and you will not be able to put it down!
Profile Image for Lynn Brooks.
2,944 reviews30 followers
April 25, 2016
Melanie Milburne saved the best for last with this fourth and final book in the Ravensdale Scandals series! Leading up to this one, we saw the three Ravensdale children find true love and start their happily-ever-afters, and in this book, we get to meet the secret love-child of their father that we've heard so much about.

Kat Winwood wants nothing to do with her father, whose identity she only recently learned. She doesn't trust him or anyone associated with him, but unfortunately his hotshot lawyer won't take no for an answer!

Flynn Carlyon is not only the Ravensdale family's trusted lawyer, but also a dear family friend. He's determined to bring Kat into the family fold ... but he also has his own reasons for not walking away when she rejects his overtures. The sizzling attraction that has been between them since they first met burns hot! Will he be able to convince her to give in to it?
710 reviews9 followers
April 18, 2016
Writing a review for a Melanie Milburne book is not difficult because she writes nothing but fabulous books. This is the conclusion of her series and again she has written a story that you will not put down till finished so leave enough time and have no interruptions. This is about the Kat Winwood, the rightful Ravensdale heir, that doesn't want to be found and is contented in her life but that won't happen with Flynn Carlyon. Flynn never accepts defeat and he is cynical enough to use what ever means he must to get Kat to bend to his will. Kat has had nothing but heartache over the scandalous heritage so she wants no part of it. Two strong willed people one Fantastic Author and you are in for a wonderful story . Loved it and every one of them if its by Ms. Milburne its a guaranteed 5 star book. loved every one of them.
Profile Image for Jan.
78 reviews4 followers
June 6, 2017
I loved this book to pieces. Kat and Flynn had me smiling all the way through it. So different from Melanie's other books, great fun and with a gorgeous little dog Cricket and the anti-social cat Monty. The scandal is she is the love child of a famous actor. He is the lawyer friend who is trying to get her to meet her so called father; she wants nothing to do with. Fun and games are afoot that become heated and both not wanting a serious relationship, get involved, unable to keep away from each other, even if she had made a bet with her friend to stay celibate, after disastrous relationships. He also was burnt and didn't want to go down the whole full relationship, yet they connected, understand each other, both from bad places from their childhood. Well as usual when the heart is involved, nothing ever goes to plan. I loved this so much; it was light, uplifting, yet sad. This is one of two books by Melanie that is up for RUBY awards. I can see why. Loved, loved, loved! Well done Melanie as usual. :)
Profile Image for Sara.
113 reviews
February 12, 2018
When I started this book, I wasn't sure I was going to like it. I'm getting tired of the hero not taking no for an answer from heroines. It's typical of Harlequin/Mills & Boon novels, but it's something I've gotten tired of. However, this book ended up being a lot of fun in spite of that. It helped that the heroine absolutely refused to be a pushover. She had some serious issues, and her reasons for saying no, and being suspicious of the hero's motives made perfect sense. The chemistry between the hero and the heroine helped a lot too. They sizzled together. The hero was okay. He was as damaged as the heroine, and neither one of them were looking for the HEA that goes with living in a Harlequin/Mills & Boon novel. It was fun watching them banter together. Overall, I would recommend this book.
425 reviews
September 25, 2018
Not as exciting as I was hoping it would be. I have read the rest of the books in the series and I think I had too many expectations for this one. I think the best character was actually the dog. There needed to be just a little bit more to the story. I love that she went to the party and finally met her twin brothers.
1,345 reviews
November 23, 2022
QI didn't like it, they both were so sexually active (with other people) that they thought few months was such a long time to go without. They didn't have much chemistry and I felt they could have been with anyone else, their connection didn't feel special. I didn't like the whole family drama of heroine being the result of an affair. Np.
1,035 reviews
March 13, 2017
The "hero" was a jerk, and the heroine was supposed to be feisty, but basically caved into everything the hero/everyone else wanted her to do.
Profile Image for Hina Tabassum Khatri.
604 reviews119 followers
May 1, 2016
I didn't want this story to end. Enjoyed it so much that I wanted to read more and more about these two people.

Kat Winwood is one feisty woman who wants to make a mark on the world on her own merits. She does not want anything to be put on a platter for her. Not now, when the father who is ready to do it in the present wished her dead in the past.

Flynn Catlyon is her nemesis. The man hellbent on making Kat reconcile with her father. He is after all, her father's lawyer.

When together their banter and their chemistry is mind blowing. I loved it.

My favourite scene of the book is where she chooses a tie for him and puts it round his neck. I am not going to write more of it ruin it for you but for myself I will go back and read it again.
Profile Image for Jebe.
56 reviews
July 29, 2016
I get it, opposites attract. But for me, I just couldn't get what he saw in her. She wasn't terrible, more like incredibly childish. They just seemed like people that would have a wild fling, but never make it past two months.
Profile Image for Tigger.
1,139 reviews1 follower
May 7, 2016
I was totally disappointed with this book,
I loved the three previous and was looking forward to this one
oh, well on to the next book
Displaying 1 - 22 of 22 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.