Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Random Acts of Kindness: 101 Stories of Compassion and Paying It Forward” as Want to Read:
Chicken Soup for the Soul:  Random Acts of Kindness: 101 Stories of Compassion and Paying It Forward

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  82 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Small gestures can make a big difference in someone’s day, even someone’s life. This collection of 101 uplifting, true stories will help you see the beauty in small, meaningful gestures and how such acts can make a difference in someone else’s life. From random acts of kindness to doing what’s right, this book shows how positive attitudes and good deeds can change the worl ...more
Published February 7th 2017 by Chicken Soup for the Soul

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

Aina Winky
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Doing a good deed doesn't need to wait for a perfect time or perfect place or even the right person. What matters is whether you do it or not. Good deed should be done with intention, not for attention. It took me quiet some time to finish the book not because the story not interesting but I try to read two to three stories everyday as to inspire myself to do good deeds everyday.
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty much what I expected from the book. Nothing spectacular but yet at times, some very moving simply stated stories. Odd how sometimes such small acts of unexpected generosity and grace can stay with the recipient throughout their life. I like that.

Similar in a sense as to almost every nostalgic childhood memory spent under the weather is likely to include a steaming hot bowl of chicken noodle soup that made your body feel better, this book of ‘kindness’ stories can in a way make your heart
Samatha
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
It was late at night. With my alarm already set for the next day, anymore reading I did was nibbling away at a full nights rest. But with so few pages left, I felt compelled to sacrifice the time it would take to experience the satisfaction of completing the book. I pressed on.
Maybe if I had left it for the next day the last story wouldn't have hit me so hard. That it would have seemed paltry in the light of day competing for attention with the livelihood and activity of the day. But there, alo
Panhavoan
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book truly proves that kindness creates a ripple that spreads joy, love and miracles to every corner of the Earth. The stories inspired me to perform my own acts of kindness whenever I get the chance to. Overall, I enjoyed this book. Not only does it soothes the soul and gives it hope, but it shows that kindness is a part of all our lives.
Phyllis Barlow
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have always enjoyed the Chicken Soup books, and this was no exception. I have always been a person who strives to be kind to others, and this book just gave me inspiration to continue to seek opportunities to do so. If you like stories that can be read quickly and tales of others' kindness to strangers, you will love this book.
David Craighead
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

This is a great book that offers every day stories of kindness from people that you would see in your walks of life. If you life real stories this would be the book for you.
Melina
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love the quotes and feel good stories. to read positivity about humanity rather than putting energy, focus and judgement on the negative. these stories have inspired me to be more conscious about random selfless acts of kindness just to be kind to your fellow neighbor and fellow human.
Nena
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Loved it! Most stories made me cry and I got a few new ideas (which is what I was hoping for!). I plan on rereading again soon!
Stormcrow
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Amy Moniz
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book to read when you are feeling frustrated and disappointed with humankind...
Maureen Peltier
Shelves: 2017-in-books
Inspirational read!
Sue J
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very heartwarming book ( as usual ). It is really uplifting to read Chicken Soup books from time to time.
Lindsay
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Everyone should read this book or at least a few stories out of it. It's a great reminder of how a little bit of kindness can go a long way. If we all did one act of kindness a day, the world would be a better place.
Joyce
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Said "WOW" outloud while reading this and also did some crying.

Only thing I found wrong with it was that the stories were old like in the 1980's! Some were later, too, but felt like they should have been more current stories.

Otherwise, very inspirational and makes me want to be a better, kinder, more generous person.
Take baby steps!
Lucy Torres
Dec 20, 2017
Karen
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you need something uplifting to read, this is a good choice. I bought it a few months ago, and started reading one story a day from it. I really enjoyed the entire collection of stories. I have always believed in doing random acts of kindness, and I loved reading about the many ways people's lives have been touched by others.
Judith A Nisbet

$19.99 $2.99
  • The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
  • The Taste of Air
    $9.99 $3.49
  • The Lord God Made Them All (All Creatures Great and Small, #4)
    $17.99 $1.99