Start by marking “Find Your Brave: Courage to Stand Strong When the Waves Crash In” as Want to Read:
Find Your Brave: Courage to Stand Strong When the Waves Crash In

Find Your Brave: Courage to Stand Strong When the Waves Crash In

Navigate Life’s Storms and Discover a Courage Like No Other

Have you ever found yourself in over your head, wondering how you would possibly get through with your faith and sanity intact?

It can happen any time. Life seems good and then—BOOM!—out of nowhere comes a storm that threatens to drown your hopes. Your storm might be a job loss, loneliness, a crumbling relation
Published June 21st 2016 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about Find Your Brave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Find Your Brave

Start your review of Find Your Brave: Courage to Stand Strong When the Waves Crash In
Meagan Lindsay
Find Your Brave was a book that God sent into my life, just as I needed it. My dad died last month. Well, about a week or so before that whole thing happened, I received this book. God knew the storm that was coming for me. He knew that I would need some help to get through it. I'm so glad I read this book!

Holly's writing is clear and easy to relate to, as she tells you how to go about "finding your brave". The book is part memoir and essay-collection, and part Bible study on Acts 27. Acts 27 is
Sage
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I’d give this one a 3.5. I really enjoyed this book. At times I did perhaps find it a little too feel good, like everything will always work out. Which isn’t always the case this side of heaven. I found it to be a very practical book. Easy to read, simple to understand and clear ideas of how to strengthen yourself in your own storms of life. Very much God-centred. I would certainly recommend reading it.
Lisa Winnett
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I didn't think I would like this book, but I do believe it was fateful and something that landed in my lap at just the right time. Its very good. ...more
Toni
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-of-2016
Excellent read. Holly Wagner gives great insight into how to weather the storms that life throws at us. As a very anxious worrier, I found this book to be extremely helpful to me.
Michelle
`Find Your Brave` is a Christian woman's book by author Holly Wagner. The subtitle is what captured my attention. It reads: Courage to Stand Strong When the Waves Crash In. When the waves crash in, and they will, I want to be the person standing on the firm foundation. According to the author we can be brave and rise to the challenges we face, apostle Paul did.

Holly wrote this book because she wants to see the reader fulfill their individual, God-designed purpose to be brave (see page 8). In h
Kay Card
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways, christian, own
Loved this book. I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway. I started reading it many times, but for whatever reason I couldn't make myself continue reading it. The book is awesome, I just think it stepped on my toes and I didn't want to read what the author had to say, and what God was trying to tell me. The book is for all of us who are trying to make it through the storms in our lives, we just all need to remember that God is always with us. The author reminds us that once we are through ...more
Rebecca Burnsworth
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lot of us go through difficult moments in our lives. Holly Wagner, the author of Find Your Brave, has found a way to bring real life events to her readers through her eyes. You can feel the emotion come through and how it applies to the scriptures in the Bible.

With this book, you can find that she adds scripture in the end for reflection. While you are reading, be sure to also look at the questions in the back of this book to help you think about what you are reading. This would be a great bo
Evie Loves
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great read! Read with some friends as a Bible study group, the book is so relatable! Spoke to each of us every week. I can't wait to read another book from Holly. She is such a good writer, it's like talking to a friend I've known for years. Not the over the top Christian self- help book that are out there. This book will give you great stories, from her own struggles to the people she knows as well as how it relates to the Bible. ...more
Becca Smith
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After having the most tumultuous year of my life to date, this book offered support and clarity with Holly's sweet, supportive narrative. The quotes and verses included in the book spoke right into my situation and gave me words to hold onto during trying times.

This is the book to pick up if you're experiencing anything that might cause you to need to find your brave. Loss is a part of life and this book makes it a little easier to get back up after falling down.
Leisa
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I actually read this book twice —-first the audiobook and then someone gave me a hard copy and I was able to go through it in a virtual format with friends. This book is a great reminder to invite God unto your inner world and trust him when life doesn’t quite go the way we plan.
Afua
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianity
So. Good.
Mari
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful book. God really knows how to get to you in your darkest times.
Kayla Hollatz
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed listening to Holly Wagner speak last year so when I heard she wrote a book on the same subject she spoke on, I knew I had to pick it up. Overall, I enjoyed the way speaks more than her writing but she does inspire me greatly.
Heather King
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Holly Wagner has experienced shaky times, including a magnitude 6.7 earthquake in Los Angeles in 1994 that caused devastation in her community. She writes, "Figurative earthquakes can rock our lives with chaos and fear. And the aftershocks can feel just as devastating." In her book, Find Your Brave, Holly talks about how to find courage during the shaky times, the dark seasons, and the difficult circumstances in life.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the book for me were her insights on the
Kaitlyn Bouchillon
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first thing I've read by Holley Wagner, but I doubt it will be the last! The subtitle of the book drew me in, as it is so easily relatable to most (if not all) of us. Holly writes through Acts 27, weaving together her own teaching, story-telling, and life experience. I appreciated how she slowly walked through Scripture, leaving the reader feeling like they have a much better understanding of how that Biblical story applies to life in the 21st century.

Normally I judge a book by how m
Sherri
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book title caught my eye on Blogging for Books, so I hopped over to Amazon to read the sample using their “Look Inside” feature. Though I wasn’t really in the mood to read another book drawing its meaning from the Bible, I was immediately taken by the author’s humor, like this passage:

"At first I was rather put off by Proverbs 31:15, the verse that challenges us to rise 'while it is yet night.' What? I don’t think so. I sleep while it is yet night."

I expected to see that type of humor throu
Risa Fey
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I was not expecting this to be so good.
A gift from my cousin to me after Mom's Memorial service.
This was great reading, reaffirming a lot of things I already came to discover, while teaching me many more things I did not know. But I think I'm kinda done with these Christian-living resource books, and I just want to read the Bible only (not trying to sound 'extra holy sanctimonious', but I've been itchin' for the real Word for a long time now, but I just wanted to finish these other resource
Diane Higgins
“Find Your Brave” by Holly Wagner is a very encouraging read. This is a short, easy to read book. I read it in two days! Holly focuses on finding your courage to fight and stand up to whatever storm you may be facing. She talks about how storms are normal and necessary in life. We all need storms. The main thing is how we handle them. They can either make or break us. Holly encourages her readers to embrace the storms and stand up to them. She gives very practical advice on how to embrace/stand ...more
W. Boutwell
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianity
This is a small book: personal, devotional, Christian, and for women. I am not a woman but had this book selected for me to review.
Hilarious.
The author, a mother, survivor of a California earthquake, and breast cancer, is not my immediate choice for a writer. My flavor in religious books tends to C.S. Lewis or Hugh Ross. Devotional readings I generally find derivative and pallid, telling me what I can glean from the scripture itself and illustrating it in rather pedestrian terms.
That all having
Erin DeGroot
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Find Your Brave by Holly Wagner is a bold, empowering treatise on finding strength through the word of God, no matter the circumstances one faces. Wagner opens with a powerful story about her family’s terrifying ordeal when an earthquake struck close to home (Northridge, California) and she uses that image to great effect. Each of the 12 chapters are quick to read but chock full of helpful advice, examples, and guidance. My favorite of all the chapters was “Anchored”. She quotes Acts 27:29, “The ...more
Julie D.
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you have ever been through difficult times and feel like you're being pounded to the ground by waves but not sure how to ride the waves rather than sink under them, this book is for you!

All of us have been or are going through situations that seem so impossible to get through. We get hit with health scares or relationship problems and there doesn't seem to be an answer. This is where Holly helps us not only get through these things but gives us the tools to overcome these situations.

I loved h
Ashley Madrigal
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was such a comfort. The writing is authentic and friendly with a mix of tough love. Not only does she delve into an array of issues that can come our way but she also addresses the ones we make ourselves. Holly describes the different anchors we need to drop when we find ourselves in the midst of a raging storm-what will keep us grounded when we think it can't possibly get any better. I highly recommend this book to anyone who's just going through it and can't seem to find ground anywh ...more
Christina
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received this book from Waterbrook Publishing and Blogging for Books to review!

Honestly, there is just so much good stuff in this book. I am having trouble picking examples because I want to share the whole thing with you! This is the kind of book that you need to have multiple copies of, so you can give them to friends who are struggling. I honestly believe that if you follow the advice she dishes out so warmly, you will maybe come out a little less battered and bruised the next time you are
Tresha Mcfadden
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Find your brave is a really good book, in every ones life they go through tribulations and this book is a great read to let everyone know that all of us go through storms in our lives. I love how the author uses bible teaching and personal stories, she lets us know no matter the storm have faith and be brave to know that God is with us getting us through every step of the way.

I received a book called: Find Your Brave: Courage to stand strong when the waves crash in By: Holly Wagner for free for
Delphine and Eyre
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holly Wagner does a wonderful job entwining the words of the Gospel with her own storms and ones that we all go through daily, she shares words of encouragement, strength & bravery. This book gives you guidelines and tips on getting through the lows that this world brings us, being financial troubles, marriage troubles or health issues. This book is filled with hope and comfort for those who are hurting and guidance and a light for those who are lost.
Tabby Shiflett
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A good book and perfect for anyone going through a difficult time. It's personal, well-organized, and helpful. The tone is real but inspirational. There are a few Bible passages at the end for encouragement as well. I found this book extremely beneficial and will be passing it on to a friend who is also weathering life's storms. Recommended.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for an honest review.
Ruth
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-book
This is an excellent read if you are going through a challenge. The author uses the story in Acts of the apostle Paul going through a storm on a book that causes shipwreck as the base of the book. She shares storms that she has gone through and examples of storms. As she tells her stories,she gives solutions to get through each storm. She writes about hope and courage. Each chapter is full of examples and solutions. This book will encourage you and you are going to want to refer to it again.
Deborah
This book is encouraging, uplifting, and full of glimpses of God's grace and mercy; it sparks the listener/ reader to embrace the tough things you are dealing with and face them with God's strength through his word. ...more
Jennifer Thompson-Thalasinos
I enjoyed this book as it took the Biblical view of going through a storm and how to go through your own storms. Having lost my husband in the San Bernardino terrorist attack this book really spoke to me and gave me some ideas on how to tackle my own fears.
Jamie Holloway
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love! Check out my review on my blog.

• Killing Kryptonite: Destroy What Steals Your Strength
  • Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth
  • Scary Close: Dropping the Act and Finding True Intimacy
  • The Book of Enoch (Ethiopian)
  • John G. Lake: His Life, His Sermons, His Boldness of Faith
  • Rooted: The Hidden Places Where God Develops You
  • Healthy and Free: A Journey to Wellness for Your Body, Soul, and Spirit
  • Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: Unleash a Revolution in Your Life In Christ
  • Dangerous Prayers: Because Following Jesus Was Never Meant to Be Safe
  • Without Rival: Embrace Your Identity and Purpose in an Age of Confusion and Comparison
  • Girls with Swords: Why Women Need to Fight Spiritual Battles
  • The Passion Translation New Testament (2nd Edition) Peony: With Psalms, Proverbs and Song of Songs
  • When Heaven Invades Earth: A Practical Guide to a Life of Miracles
  • The Ten Commandments: What They Mean, Why They Matter, and Why We Should Obey Them
  • Spirit Wars: Winning the Invisible Battle Against Sin and the Enemy