Jump to ratings and reviews

Billionaires and Bridesmaids #4

The Billionaire’s Favorite Mistake

A hot one night stand between friends might spark true love in the latest Billionaires and Bridesmaids novel from the New York Times bestselling author of Billionaire Takes a Bride.

Greer has always been there for Asher, but she wishes she could break through her shyness and show how much she truly loves him. But after a steamy, mindless fling at Hunter and Gretchen’s engagement party, Greer finds herself tossed aside and forced to admit that you can’t love someone who doesn’t acknowledge you exist.

It’s a shame he got her pregnant.

After his fiancée betrayed him and tanked his business in one fell swoop, Asher has spent his time trying to rebuild his wealth and forget the past. But he doesn’t understand why Greer blew him off after their night together—until he catches a glimpse of her belly.

Now Asher is willing to do whatever it takes to convince Greer she belongs with him. And he’s very skilled at the art of persuasion.

206 pages, Kindle Edition

First published December 27, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Jessica Clare

68 books4,002 followers
This is a pen name for Jill Myles.

Jill Myles has been an incurable romantic since childhood. She reads all the 'naughty parts' of books first, looks for a dirty joke in just about everything, and thinks to this day that the Little House on the Prairie books should have been steamier.

After devouring hundreds of paperback romances, mythology books, and archaeological tomes, she decided to write a few books of her own - stories with a wild adventure, sharp banter, and lots of super-sexy situations. She prefers her heroes alpha and half-dressed, her heroines witty, and she loves nothing more than watching them overcome adversity to fall into bed together.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
279 (10%)
1 star
109 (3%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 261 reviews
Profile Image for Geri Reads.
1,232 reviews2,023 followers
May 31, 2016
4.5 stars!

Jessica Clare once again delivers a well rounded story filled with swoony romance, delicious steamy scenes and everything in between. The Billionaire's Favorite Mistake is jam-packed with everything I've come to love about this series.

Just for context sake, the Billionaires and Bridesmaids series is a spin-off from the Billionaire Boys Club. It revolves around the wedding preparation of one of the couples from the BBC series and their wedding party: the grooms men and the bridesmaids. The story is interconnected but in my opinion, you can still read this as a standalone. Although, reading it in order is definitely much more preferable as it enhances one's reading experience.

Anyway, this is the fourth book in the series, which I have been waiting for ever since book one and saw the seeds being sown for this book and this pairing. So yes, I've been waiting for Asher and Greer's story ever since the first book so my expectations are crazy high.

Asher started off as a jerk. I was worried he wouldn't be able to redeem himself but I was worried for nothing because after he realized he fucked up, he worked on winning Greer's heart. There's nothing hotter than a man who realizes he fucked up and has to make amends and do right by his lady. He was relentless in his pursuit of Greer, and Asher in pursuit is seriously swoony.

Greer may have been hopelessly in love with Asher but there came a point when she became disillusioned with him. There is so much to Greer's back story that made her sympathetic to me. She grew up starving for affection and love from her father. But despite that, she was compassionate and a loyal friend to Asher and her friends.

Overall, Jessica Clare delivered just the right amount of angst, humor and steam to make The Billionaire's Favorite Mistake an engaging read from beginning to end.

ARC provided by InterMix in exchange for an honest review!
Profile Image for Anna's Herding Cats.
1,274 reviews307 followers
July 1, 2016

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

Well, that did not go well. At all. Pretty much the only thing I enjoyed about this one was the "Billionaire" and even he was questionable.

The gist of it is that Greer has loved her buddy Asher for pretty much ever but he's never seen her as more than a friend and now she's ready to make him notice her. So she's gonna tart herself up and come on to him at a party and win his heart. Instead she gets bad drunk sex, winds up pregnant and pulls a runner deciding not to tell him about the kid or ever talk to him again. Plans are of course foiled when he finds out and wants to win her back.

There was just so much wrong with this one...

I just. I can't. While I usually love Clare's writing and adore her Billionaires and Playboys and the different interconnected series that they inhabit this one was just an absolute miss and felt so incredibly out of place compared to all of the others. I can't recommend it at all though I do recommend the series as a whole as well as the Billionaire Boys Club series. The other books have all been excellent. This one had a halfway decent hero and some hot phone sex but other than that not much I could root for or a romance/love I really believed when I flipped the last page.
Profile Image for Michelle.
2,101 reviews1,250 followers
February 9, 2017
 photo e2213d85de50952c823b73536de5ab_zpsyx7qjlkx.gif

The Billionaire’s Favorite Mistake by Jessica Clare was an absolute gem of a read. I absolutely loved every moment of this sweet, sexy and sassy billionaire romance. There is just something about reading a Jessica Clare book that brings a big fat smile on my face and boy oh boy did this book had everything I would want in a friends to lovers story line.

#TheBillionaireFavMistake

Greer has always been in love with her best friend, Asher. So when Greer decides to finally make her move on Asher, she was sadly disappointed when her moment with Asher was nothing but a drunken mistake. Hurt and disappointed, Greer distances herself from Asher.

photo b59b1cce5e4eb26e0c122dba684b33_zpsncqysvo1.gif “You’re gorgeous and I want better memories than a drunken fumble. I want you to love me again. I want you back so we can experience everything we should have had before when I was too dumb and blind to see it. ”

Asher is well aware that he hurt Greer and he is truly sorry. And so when he tries to make it up to her, Greer distances herself from him. Soon Asher discovers that he misses her badly and also realizes that Greer is more than a best friend. She is someone that he truly loves. As Asher tries to work his way back into Greer’s heart, will Greer be able to forgive him? And will this billionaire discover that Greer is his everything?

No one can write a billionaire romance like Jessica Clare. Her characters are always written in such a fun and fresh manner that you can’t help but fall in love with them. And the way Asher worked his way back into Greer’s heart was utter bliss.So if you are looking for a sexy, smart, and highly entertaining love story of two best friends rekindling their friendship and getting their second chance then The Billionaire’s Favorite Mistake is definitely a book I would recommend.

photo MICHELLE1_zps3515xymk.jpg Jessica Clare

photo goodreads_zpsl40k2yvb.png  photo facebook_zpsjtehkjmo.png  photo twitter_zps4ew0wpee.png  photo instagram_zpsbd2ck4au.png  photo networked-blogs_zpsvidig8fu.png
Profile Image for Lady Heather .
1,290 reviews698 followers
May 25, 2016

Publication date: June 21, 2016

"A copy of this book has been provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review"

God, I love this series!

Such a good story, and I literally devoured it in one reading.

Greer and Asher's story was SO good!

Full review to be posted closer to release date.
Profile Image for Syndi.
2,795 reviews616 followers
September 14, 2018
Really what a disappointment!

Greer got pregnant. And instead of acting like responsible adult, she agrees to give asher ( the father of the baby) a lesson of seduction and kissing.

Good God! I feel like reading a immature adult characters being given a responsible to be a parents. Some flirting part is funny but it does not make me smile or laugh whatsover.

I can not believe miss clare can conjures such a ridiculous story.
344 reviews200 followers
June 28, 2016
Really disappointed by this story. It was a pile of screwing up, misunderstandings, and apologies...

Greer was an extremely annoying people pleaser who made Asher jump through many many hoops before she forgave him for something that I think was mainly due to a lot of her naivete. Not sure what she expected when she dressed up in a sexy outfit and led him to a dark corner when he was extremely drunk, but I don't think he had conversation on his mind.

Asher seemed to come up with the stupidest idea's to get Greer to forgive him, but hey to each his own.
Profile Image for Irene.
1,845 reviews120 followers
July 6, 2016
4 stars

The Billionaire’s Favorite Mistake was a heartwarming friends to more read, I really enjoyed it.
The storyline was funny, frustrating, sweet, steamy and with just enough drama to keep you turning the pages.

description

The Billionaire’s Favorite Mistake is a great addition to the Billionaires and Bridesmaids series. Each book can be read as a standalone and I highly recommend them.

**Purchase Links**

Amazon US ~ https://www.amazon.com/Billionaires-F...
iBooks ~ https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/bill...
B&N ~ http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-b...

*Thank you to Berkley Publishing Group via NetGalley for the advance copy*
Profile Image for Lover of Romance.
2,696 reviews778 followers
June 25, 2016
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance
My Review Updated

Summary
Greer and Asher have been close friends for years. Greer, has the one person that Asher could rely on. Greer has been half in love with Asher but he has only looked at her as a friend no matter how hard she tries. But in one night, Asher drunk they have sex....worst sex and with Greer being a virgin....Greer is furious with Asher but mostly hurt and embarrassed. But then she finds herself pregnant, and after being raised in a home where her father didn't love or care about her, she refuses to let the same thing happen to her child. But Asher is a man who owns up to his own mistakes. He is going to fight for Greer, and for his child and to be part of their lives even if he has to be a bit cunning about it. So Asher develops a plan, to pose as her father best man for his wedding, and with Greer being the wedding planner, it puts him in close contact with her. But Greer doesn't know if she can risk having Asher hurt her again,
Plot and Story Line
I had many mixed feelings about this book and I admit, I did have some high hopes since I have really enjoyed this author previously. But I had certain issues with Greer, she wasn't my favorite character. In fact, I think she took things to the extreme at times. I understand why she was so mad at Asher in the beginning---heck any woman would be pissed but she takes things too far. There is a scene when she confronts him with the truth and even though it bothered me a bit, what she does afterward I had more issues with. I don't like that she wanted to practically force him to sign his parental rights over----for myself, that is NEVER okay to do especially when its apparent he cares. Even with the way he hurts her, I couldn't understand why she was so bitter. But Asher was a character I grew to love!! He proves himself in this one. Even if he gets a bit underhanded, in trying to be close to Greer, I could see the reason behind it. He definitely knows how to grovel and well. The writing is very engaging, and I couldn't put it down. Its one of my favorite aspects of the story, is even though there were some character flaws I had trouble with, at the same time the authors writing was very compelling and kept me fascinated with certain events. I enjoyed the bantering of the group of friends here though and loved seeing characters from previous books I have read. If you like seeing a man forced to grovel a bit and a sweet and short romance story---pick it up!!
The Cover
Interesting, probably one of the better of her covers. I like the blue.
Overall View
The Billionaire's Worst Mistake is a likable story with some fun moments and intriguing elements!!

Series Order (2)

[foogallery id="22422"]

About The Author Updated

photo Addicted To Romance Reviews 2_zpsplp8m0tb.png
Profile Image for Chumchum_88.
556 reviews49 followers
November 28, 2016
I love the billionaire series for this author XD

- Anyway the hero was an ass since the beginning of the series and the heroine was the timid shy head over heels in love with the hero girl

- The ass hero did an ass move where the heroine finally snapped and thought enough was enough, then after a long silence treatment and distance from the heroine the hero noticed how important and significant she was in his life

- Hero went after her and discovered she was pregnant she doesn't want anything to do with him and he wants her and his baby to be with him together

- Btw her dad is an ass with a capital A, when the heroine first sees him in this book he's dating a triplet like serious a triplet and they are younger than his daughter, they were the typical high maintenance girls with jobs done all over their body and hitched with a sugar daddy, at least one of them was smart and reasonable

- I liked how the hero "wormed" his way back into the heroine's life and how persistent he was

- One thing led to another and viola happy ending and they are together

Overall, *thumbs up*
Profile Image for Tori.
2,805 reviews476 followers
August 1, 2016
Originally posted at SmexyBooks-http://smexybooks.com/2016/06/review-...

Favorite Quote: “Best worst first date ever.”

Greer has pinned after Asher for years. When she decides he has grieved enough for the loss of his ex-girlfriend and their relationship, she takes matters into her own hands to show him she is the woman for him. Using Gretchen and Hunter’s costume themed engagement party, Greer dresses up as a sexy flapper from the 20’s and begins operation ‘Seduce Asher’. Unfortunately, as with any well laid plan, something goes awry and what should be the best night of her life turns out to be the most disappointing, She is left disillusioned, heartbroken, and pregnant.

Asher has always regarded Greer fondly; she is one of his best friends. Having spent the last few years cleaning up the mess his ex girlfriend made of his life and company, he hasn’t been very relationship friendly. Seeing Greer all dolled up and sexy throws him for a loop. Well, that and the numerous drinks he’s had. Little Asher takes over for big Asher and needless to say, the term ‘whiskey dick’ is real. He plows through Greer with a single-mindedness fueled by alcohol. He messes up the finish, fails the dismount, and disappoints the judges. He attempts to make amends but Greer isn’t listening.

When Greer realises Asher is not going to declare his everlasting love for her, she gives up on him and runs to her father’s home hoping the separation will make the heart grow less fonder. Asher, upset she’s avoiding him and unsure why, uses his resources to locate her and discovers he left her with quite the parting gift. Asher struggles to make Greer realize that he loves her and the baby but she isn’t buying it. But Asher isn’t giving up. What Asher wants Asher gets.

Jessica Clare once again pens an outrageous and chaotic romance in her fourth book in her Billionaires and Bridesmaids series that brings two friends together with an unexpected surprise and lots of laughs and steamy interludes. This series is a spin-off of the Billionaire Boys Club series and this particular book seems to run parallel to book two in that series-Beauty and The Billionaire. I have only read sporadically through both series so I wasn’t as up to date on Greer and Asher as I wanted to be but that didn’t take away from the story at all.

The Billionaire’s Favorite Mistake is a fun romance overall. Not exceptionally emotional but enjoyable to watch play out. The smoothly laid out storyline and witty narrative engages you at page one and holds you hostage till the end. Clare handles the multiple plotlines with the skill of a pro juggler while keeping the protagonists firmly planted front and center. The romance is a frothy confection of drama, love, acceptance, and crazy hijinks. Previous characters from both series pop in to add their advice and help set up future storylines. Greer’s father had to be one of my favorite to dispise characters of late. An overblown Dutch version of Hugh Hefner with the emotional depth of a toothpick. He and his pseudo harem left me giggling while wanting to choke them at the same time. Asher is a rakish charmer who delights the reader once we get past his rocky start. Greer’s adorably sweet. Her intelligence and intense need to please is offset by some delicious snark. While I enjoyed getting to know her, I found her attitude and actions towards Asher childish at times.

First off, I do feel the premise is a little misleading. Greer isn’t tossed aside. She runs away angry and hurt that her plan didn’t turn out as she expected. She runs away a lot. She went to Asher with rose colored glasses on and when they were rudely stripped away, she blamed him for falling off the high pedestal she placed him on. I wasn’t keen on the fact she doesn’t take a much responsibility for the part she played in this fiasco. She knew he was drunk and still choose to be an active participant. Asher screwed up royally and should have stopped what he was doing when he realised what was what. He was horrifically drunk and not in the best of mental or physical shape but she could have also said no and walked away, waiting for a better (more sober) time and place to show him they were perfect for one another. Then we go on to hear about everything she has done for him, which makes him seem like an oblivious arse when in reality she’s just been operating on a whole different wavelength concerning Asher.

Asher’s outlandish plan of action to get Greer to accept him in her’s and the baby’s life has its moments. It’s the classic story of having the worst possible thing in the world happen that leads to getting your heart’s desire. You just have to get out of your own way. And boy, is this couple forever getting in their own way. His creation of an entire faux event in order to spend time with her had me both cheering and cringing. Manipulation is never a good idea in matters of the heart and all I could do was watch and wait for the fireworks to start. Of course, their sex lessons only added to the overall humor of the situation. I found Greer’s naivety and Asher’s good-natured acceptance of the mess he made hilarious. Unfortunately, the continuous hoops Greer made him jump through only impressed upon me her need for a little more maturity. I did understood her reluctance to take him as his word though. It’s hard to learn the love of your life is not the prince charming you thought but more the frog-warts and all. Her trust had been severely broken and he needed to earn it back.

Regardless of my issues, The Billionaire’s Favorite Mistake is sure to delight fans of the series who have been waiting patiently for Greer and Asher’s story and those who love a good friend to lover romance that indulges itself with plenty of laughter and heat.

GRADE: C+

Profile Image for Luzie.
787 reviews75 followers
December 4, 2020
This review may contain SPOILERS!
I'm currently quarantined so I get a lot of reading done ... yeah! As with this book, which I finished in just a day. The story had such big potential and I was really excited for this, but unfortunately it turned superficial and unrealistic real fast. Greer was starting as a insecure character who was in love with her best friend and wanted their relationship to finally take the next step. Enter billionaire bad boy best friend, Asher Sutton, who started off as a complete asshat and turned into prince charming at the blink of an eye, which was downright ridiculous. I am being very generous with my rating here due to this being the book I looked most forward to in this series. Simultanously this was also the story I disliked the most in the series until now. There were a lot of scenes that bored me due to them being so superficially bland or the unnecessary content they displayed. At the end I'd like to say that the story was fine, but nothing I had to read, just, you-know, a cliched lovestory with good to go characters. Hopefully the last book will turn it around again!
3/5 stars
Profile Image for London.
725 reviews
Shelved as 'hell-fucking-no'
June 22, 2016
Heroine has been in love with him for years but he had a childhood sweetheart/fiance he loved and was devoted to. She cheats on him and fucks him over and he still doesn't notice the heroine. She pines over in for years until she decides to tart herself up and seduce him. Of course, she's a virgin and he was sloppy drunk and it was awful. Surprise surprise she gets knocked up and he tries to win her over.
What a pathetic heroine and a poor excuse for a hero. Who wants to read about a girl obsessing over a guy who never wanted her? Gross
Profile Image for Rachel K.
670 reviews95 followers
August 23, 2017
I felt the whole time the 'hero' was forcing himself to have feelings for the heroine because he felt bad for the way he treated her and just wanted the girl back that doted on him.
Profile Image for Ivy Deluca.
2,123 reviews273 followers
June 25, 2016
description
-Billionaire romance smutnip: Billionaires. Virgins. Friends to lovers. Surprise pregnancy? If any of that trips your switch, do I have a book rec for you.

-The skinny: Asher, the billionaire meets shy girl Greer many years ago when he answers her ad for a roommate. She falls for him from the get-go, but he was with another (never shown), and she was the wallflower. Time passes and Grer makes one last ditch effort to seduce her billionaire friend. Things go horribly wrong, but eventually romance happens.

-Yay for Greer, a heroine of color: Greer Chadha-Janssen is a half-Indian woman who has never quite fit in anywhere. Her struggle is believable and even when things go horribly wrong, I always sided with her. I LOVE seeing diversity in my romance. As a Latina, I just don’t think there’s enough, so any time I get to see a woman of color as a heroine, it makes me fist pump, just a little bit. I think it was handled sensitively and added another flavor in this tasty romance.

-Asher gives phenomenal grovel: Make no mistake, Asher screws up huge. He starts behind the eight-ball with Greer, but he soon realizes exactly how badly he messed up and he has no hesitation in nutting up, owning that mistake and making up for it in the best way possible. You, as the reader, are never in doubt of his affections and he is tender, protective, loving and everything you want in your billionaire hero. There may be some manipulations to achieve his goal, but I was rooting for him the entire time.

-Sexy times were fantastic: Their chemistry is fantastic, especially once you get to see the foundation of their friendship shining through. Ms. Clare knew after their atrocious first time that the re-do had to be top notch. And it was, it so was. I think it was sexy but it never loses sight of the emotional connection between Greer and Asher, which is the best of both worlds for me.

-Standalone: It’s part of the Billionaire and Bridesmaids series, but it’s not necessary to read the earlier books to enjoy this one. If you have, you’ll get a little smile here and there, when you see certain scenes from a different perspective, but if you haven’t it won’t faze you.

-That last obstacle: It’s not my favorite. I understood from a story perspective why Greer pulled back and why it went down like that, but honestly, I could have done without it. However, it truly is an “all’s well that ends well” scenario, so I can live with it.
description
The best of the bunch, Asher and Greer’s romance is my favorite Billionaires and Bridesmaids book to date. I can see myself reading this again, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to my peeps. If you love tropes galore, a good grovel and an HEA, I encourage you to check it out.

**ARC provided by author for review**

For more reviews, visit
description
description description description description description description
Profile Image for Didi.
1,533 reviews86 followers
June 7, 2016
It all began with the best worst first date ever .

Where to start... I'm new to Jessica Clare's works so I really had no idea what to expect - other than what's implied on the blurb, of course. I guess the author's writing is enjoyable to read. Even if I had to put up with flabbergastingly over-the-top big blonde haired dim Triplets, failed excuse of a vader, and a pair of questionable MCs.

Why did I say that? Here's the thing. Asher fucked up really reaaally bad with the drunken sex at the party. Let's underscore the word DRUNK. On the other hand: Greer set up to seduce Asher that night. Put on the most revealing dress and make up, even took off the glasses that made her practically blind (I don't know why she didn't wear contacts. Sensitive retinas, perhaps? But NO, no explanation!) AND her friend Taylor did tell her that Asher was DRUNK and being an ass that night. But did Greer listen? NOOO. She went ahead and rubbed herself on Asher.

All these, from two friends who were supposed to be close and knew each other for years.

I'm not defending Asher - he did something terrible, yes; but Greer should also take part of the blame herself for putting herself in that position. It seemed to me she was embarrassed and felt humiliated that her plan backfired!

At least Asher felt the remorse for the huge mistake he had made. No excuse that he had been drunk, he knew he had treated Greer badly and vowed to make it right. THAT was a plus.

Only came the next hurdle! While I understood Asher's desperate need to win Greer back, his way was pretty manipulative and put others in bad light. Granted, Greer's vader and his flavour(s) of the moment were already controversial duck. But still!

As if that's not enough, there'd be another deception ahead. Call it a test, whatever. All I'm saying these whole "relationship" seemed to based on one trickery after another.

And when things got rough, the heroine always pull the ultimate defense mechanism: disappearing act and avoidance. Greer made it really hard for me to like her with those immature actions. She's like a preacher who failed to do what she preached.

Rants aside, Greer's circle of friends were rather amusing to read. The group conversations were mostly hilarious yet lightheartedly real. They were one of the reason I trudged on to the finish line.

From chronically incurable arse of a father to empty-headed blondes to opportunistic ex, Asher and Greer's encountered were a mix between drama and long sex play (oh yes, the way to remedy the awful drunken sex was copious multiple-orgasm, satisfying sex...). In the end I could not figure who messed up the most and who had to grovel more. Well, I guess they just deserved each other!

Advanced copy of this book is kindly provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchanged for a fair and honest review.
Profile Image for Lacey (laceybooklovers).
1,986 reviews9,747 followers
July 20, 2017

Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

4.5 STARS

I love groveling books, guys. Love love looove them. Give me a redeemable guy who effs up and dedicates everything to fixing what he did wrong, and I’m so there. Jessica Clare writes some fantastic grovel, and The Billionaire’s Favorite Mistake gave me exactly what I was looking for and hoping for. It’s the perfect kind of angsty yet humorous read that make my heart race and flutter. This billionaire hero messes up big time, but his devotion to his woman is beyond words, and he’s ready to make up for what he did. If you’re a fan of the series, or love devoted heroes, this book is for you!

Asher and Greer’s book is the fourth standalone in the Billionaires and Bridesmaids series, though I do recommend reading the series in order. The timelines overlap, and there’s a great build-up of tension for future couples. I’d been dying to read this couple’s story ever since the first Billionaires and Bridesmaids book, and I wasn’t disappointed. Honestly, I never am with Jessica Clare! Her billionaire reads are the perfect indulgence for me, and I’m so happy that she’s got so many stories to tell.

Greer has been in love with her old friend Asher for years, but she’s never told him her feelings – until now. Except when Greer does confess, Asher is drunk off his ass, and when they have sex… well, it’s not the most fun experience Greer’s ever had. In fact, it’s one of the worst experiences she’s ever had, and she couldn’t be more disappointed with Asher’s performance, really. Unfortunately, the hits don’t stop there. Asher’s one-pump-chump ended up in a pregnancy – and now Greer is so over him, she never knew what she ever saw in him.

She was just a naive idiot. Show Asher her love? She should show him a boot to the ass.
He was a selfish asshole. Why had she wasted so many years pining after him?

Asher is such a jerk, but it’s hilariously played, so I didn’t get too annoyed at him. It also helped that the moment he realized he messed up and that the best thing that ever happened to him was right under his nose all along, he was determined to win back Greer’s love. Oh, Asher totally stole my heart with his fierce dedication and relentless pursuit for Greer’s love. It’s the only thing that matter to him, her and their baby, and he’s going to do whatever it takes to make amends and win her heart.

There was no turning back for him now. Any thought of giving up on Greer and moving on with his life? Utterly vanished. She was his. This sweet, giving mouth? His. This timid, eager tongue? His. The passionate woman in his arms? All his. With every coaxing flick of his tongue, he was letting her know that she belonged to him.

Of course, it’s not a Jessica Clare book without some humor! I was dying of giggles at how many times Greer just shoots Asher down, but my heart also ached at how he never gives up. I adored these two! They’re absolutely meant to be, and I couldn’t be happier with how things worked out between them. The author did a wonderful job at balancing the romance, angst, and humor in this novel. It’s one of my new favorite reads from Jessica Clare – I still love Hunter and Gretchen the most, but Greer and Asher are a close second in my heart!

“All I want is you.”
Greer looked up in surprise, her face soft.
“It’s true,” he told her. “You may not believe me yet, but that’s fine. I’m good with waiting.” You’re it for me and I don’t care how long it takes.

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing me an ARC to review.

Quotes are taken from the ARC and are subject to change in the final version.

Amazon Ebook: http://amzn.to/1SYu4pD
Audible: http://amzn.to/28KqHWC

Liked this review? Subscribe to Booklovers For Life for more!
Profile Image for Liz F.
718 reviews
June 20, 2016
Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

I'm all over the place with this author. I've read a few of her books and I've run the gamut from loving them to total meh. Unfortunately, this one was a total meh for me.

I liked Greer well enough. I didn't love that she tried being someone she WASN'T when she went to seduce her crush, Asher. Apparently, she's mostly blind because she can't make out faces right in front of her without her glasses on. Sooooo, why would you take them off??? But even if she was at times irritating, I ended up being on her side. She was handed a raw deal all around. Her dad was a jerk and then Asher was a jerk due to his complete cluelessness. So I was glad that she eventually stood up for herself.

It took me a really long time to like Asher. He a drunken loser at the start of the book. And he tricks, lies, and deceives throughout the rest of the book to get what he wants. I'm not sure he ever truly regretted doing those things because in the end, he got what he wanted: Greer. I'm sure that he truly loved Greer and that his heart was in the right place. I'm NOT sure that he ever learned a lesson or realized that lying and deceiving aren't the way to get what you want.

The Sexy Time was hot and plentiful. I was totally on board with Greer and Asher getting together. I just didn't like the way Asher went about doing it. He went so far as to have his lawyer try to bribe Greer's lawyer into accepting a legal document filled with loopholes so that Asher could get out of the agreement if he wanted. I mean, holy crap! That's super under-handed!! It was difficult for me to forget about that, even after the happily ever after.

I think this book was well written and had a good, steady pace. I liked the story and I liked most of the characters. But in the end, I felt that Asher hadn't really redeemed himself after doing some really messed up things in order to get reunited with Greer. Do the ends always justify the means? For me, even in romance, it would appear not.
Profile Image for Shannon Youngblood.
Author 38 books396 followers
4 Dutchmen Stars

This is my first book by Jessica Clare and my first book in the Billionaires and Bridesmaids series, and I certainly wasn’t let down. I’ll be honest, at first I was incredibly put off, not only was Asher a drunken jack***, he was also incredibly obtuse and oblivious. I wasn’t sure if he was going to make it into the Hot, Sexy, Sweet Billionaire Category, and when he came up with his “devious” plan, I was even more irritated, but he managed to woo me. Although, his methods were wrong in my eyes, his intentions were good, and he really did want to make it work with Greer. The passion between the two once everything came together was HOT HOT HOT, and once I got into the groove of it, I couldn’t put it down, besides, who can resist triplets bimbo’s! Overall a great book that’d I’d recommend to friends!

Received a copy in exchange for an honest review. Read and reviewed by Shannon for Alpha Book Club
Profile Image for Hany Grace.
352 reviews30 followers
July 22, 2016
I have been waiting for months for this book to come and i'm glad the it was a satisfying read. It is always good to read books about people trying to make up for their past misgivings because one cannot just ignore the effort being shown there. it is really becoming obvious that sometimes we tend to overlook the best things in our lives that were just right in front of us all along
Profile Image for sarah.booksanddreams.
1,042 reviews24 followers
October 17, 2022
Ich hatte mich schon so auf Greers und Ashers Geschichte gefreut, aber der vierte Band der BILLIONAIRES AND BRIDESMAIDS Reihe ist leider etwas schwächer, als die Vorgänger.

Die Story ist wieder extrem seicht
und wirkt oft sehr primitiv.

Auch Greer und Asher waren leider nicht so meine Kragenweite,
und besaßen leider auch keine wirkliche Persönlichkeit.
Greer ist eher ein graues Mäuschen, sehr naiv
und ohne Selbstbewusstsein …
bis sie lernt ihre Macht gegenüber Asher auszuspielen.

Asher ist recht eindimensional dargestellt
und scheint wirklich nur mit einem Körperteil zu denken.
Im Laufe der Handlung zeigt er sich aber auch von einer sehr sanften, fürsorglichen Seite.

Die Geschichte von Greer und Asher beinhaltet einen missglückten One-Night-Stand mit Folgen, zweifelhafte Deals und eine verrückt-bedenkliche Hochzeit.
Emotionen kamen dabei leider keine auf.

Alles in allem, eher ein Buch für zwischendurch und eher durchschnittlich.

3 Sterne
Profile Image for atomickitten.
629 reviews87 followers
June 21, 2022
2.5 stars v. generously rounded up only because I loved Asher

But that was a disappointing mess.
Undoubtedly, my least favourite from Clare so far.

I'll keep it short and simple and I'll just say that Asher was a true sweetheart and he deserved so much more and so much better than our dumber than dumb Greer.

What a shame.

Profile Image for ★ Belle The Bibliophile ★.
876 reviews240 followers
June 28, 2016
Ah. It's been a while since I last read Jessica Clare's books. I loved her Billionaire Boys Club series so much that I practically devoured the whole series in one week, last year. However, for some reasons her Billionaires and Bridesmaids series has been a hit or miss for me. (Mostly miss.)

When I started this book, I was so ready to full on -- send all my hate to Greer. Because what she did in the beginning to get Hunter's attention was the stupidest. I couldn't possible fathom why she was so upset it didn't go well. Girl, what in the world were you thinking?!

Regardless of that, as the story progressed, I came to really like Greer. Growing up, she had no solid father and mother figure in her life. She didn't let that stop her though -- she really stepped it up. I think she really grew as a character. Beside that, I couldn't help but relate to her when it comes to her insecurities. As a brown girl myself, I can 100 percent relate and I think the author really nailed that part.
"Why don't you think you're beautiful?
"Does it matter?"
Greer sighed. "I'm a small, dark, half-Indian woman. I grew up in my father's household. Have you ever noticed that every woman in his magazine--- with a few rare exceptions--- is tall and blonde? Big hair, big breasts, big hips? I have none of those things. I'm quiet and I'm short and I have to wear these." She gestured at her glasses. "No one ever notices me. Why should I think I'm beautiful?"

I liked this one particular scene where the author mentioned about how brown/black girls are almost always compared to food. That scene was hilarious and quite frankly, I found the analogy ridiculous too.
"You are beautiful. Your skin is like..." He paused, studying her and thinking.
"Like Coffee?" She chimed in.
"Chocolate and cream? Do you know how insulting it is to refer to someone as food? Shall I say that you look like a nice bowl of tapioca yourself?"

Overall, this book's really enjoyable (with the exceptions of what happened in the beginning) read. A+ for representation and I can't wait for Hunter and Greer wedding novella!
Profile Image for Carmen Rae.
1,413 reviews163 followers
June 27, 2016
I suppose I should preface this review by admitting I haven’t read the rest of the series yet. In fact I didn’t even realise it was part of a series until it was too late and by then I was already invested. I really do love the accidental pregnancy theme as well as friends to lovers so when I read the blurb I was excited to dive into this book.

These type of books are like the perfect snack. There’s not a heap to them but they are entertaining and a nice way to while away a few hours. Even though there were a few things I didn’t love about the characters and at times they did things I thought were stupid and childish I couldn’t put it down.

Greer’s father was so entertaining, even for how much of an arsehole he was everything about him and his lifestyle was interesting and funny and just drew me in. It was such a unique twist to a plot that I thought would be pretty straight forward and maybe a little fluffy that it made this book stand out from so many similar ones, it was great.

Asher I never really warmed up to despite his efforts to make amends and the fact he did go above and beyond to fix his failings I guess I am just picky and I want my men to not have their heads so far up there arses for so long. His only real saving grace was damn was he good in bed and so determined to make up for his first less than stellar performance that just maybe I wouldn’t kick him out of bed.

I loved the unique feel to what could have been just another book in the friends to lovers trope and the background story was great. The sex scenes were steamy and the drama, while somewhat predictable, wasn’t overplayed or drawn out. I absolutely have to go back and start this series from the start.

See the full review here
Profile Image for Eliza.
664 reviews839 followers
June 21, 2016

Unrequited loved is a huge draw for as a reader and the set up for this novel guaranteed to have me hooked in an instant. The addition of an unexpected pregnancy served to raise my guilty pleasure stakes, and what ensued was a sweet enjoyable read.

Profile Image for Joy (Cheery♡Reads).
868 reviews100 followers
June 20, 2016
A very big thank you to The Berkley Publishing Group for providing me with an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

When I read the synopsis for this story, I was super excited and couldn't wait to grab it because I have a weakness for this kind of plots - accidental pregnancy - provided the story is well written of course.

I'm gonna sound like a broken recorder: I love, love, love it! It's a pity that I read so fast and the story isn't that long because I finished it in just a day.

I was happy that we finally have a heroine who isn't tall and blonde. Nothing against this type but it was a refreshing change from all the leggy heroines. Greer is a great and sensible heroine. She did not give excuses for Asher's abominable treatment towards her (at the beginning).

Asher is a great hero although he was a big jerk at first. But I was glad that he was not too egoistic to realize the mistake(s) he made and gave all he had to win Greer back. It was funny how he tried to sneak his way back in.

Overall, this is a highly recommended read that should not be missed because there is just something about Ms. Clare's storytelling that sucks you right in the moment you start.
Profile Image for Miranda Whore.
937 reviews84 followers
July 4, 2016
The Billionaire's Favorite Mistake is the fourth book in the Billionaires and Bridesmaids series by Jessica Clare and can be read as a standalone, however, I would recommend reading them in order because they are amazing! From the minute Greer and Asher were introduced into the series I was on pins and needles to get their book.

Greer and Asher have chemistry, no doubt, but Asher has put his foot in his mouth one to many times.
The level of manly mistakes that would make any respectable woman rage are nearly impossible to count. I almost feel sorry for how clueless he is, but then he does another inexcusable thing that breaks Greer's heart and I wanted to smack him all over again.

I love Greer. She wanted to be loved and respected by the most important man in her life, her father, and instead he dishes out disappointment after disappointment. I desperately wanted Asher to be the man she deserved, getting there was heartbreaking at times.

You'll laugh, cry, swoon, and more with this great addition to the Billionaires and Bridesmaids series. Five stars and Four wet panties.

ARC Review by Miranda at Mommy's a Book Whore.
Profile Image for Jae Mod.
1,716 reviews233 followers
June 14, 2016
***ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Jessica Clare really knows how to write about Billionaire's.

You really want to hate Asher at the beginning of this book, but at the same time I wanted to slap Greer for being such a pushover. But as the story progressed you started to see what each of the characters were truly like and the relationship the two have with one another.

It was sweet to watch what Asher would do just to get Greer to talk to him and spend time with him. Both had issues that hampered them from seeing what was really right in front of them the whole time but when they finally figured it out...I wanted to go "Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a HEA" It was an over the top story that had you laughing, cursing and wondering what was gonna happen next.

5 stars for me on this book ‘The Billionaire’s Favorite Mistake’. Another hit for Jessica and I can't wait to read the next one in this series.

Reviewed by Jennifer A.
Profile Image for Lovebunny.
413 reviews13 followers
June 30, 2016
While I liked this book, how could I not - I love this series and all the people involved. It centers around my favorite book couple's wedding - I didn't love it. I found the female lead hard to connect with on a personal, picturing her in my head, level. Don't get me wrong, I liked her and her quirky ways. I loved how she dealt with him in the beginning, that was such a good move.
I really, really liked the male lead - he was what really made this book, for me at least.
I wish I could have had a little bit more back round on their whole friendship dynamic before all this, the group roommate thing would have been a nice memory that would have really made this story into something more!

I still love this series and the author, so bring on Taylor's story; leading geek/nerd ladies at the bomb!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 261 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.