Start by marking “The Sect (Wicked Trinity, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sect (Wicked Trinity, #1)

The Sect (Wicked Trinity #1)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  1,497 Ratings  ·  239 Reviews
WARNING: This book is not recommended for those with any triggers or sensitivities to violence, torture, dubious and/or absent consent, and deviant sexual acts. This is not a love story.

Keaton Mara ran away from a life that had become a nightmare to live on the streets. While the location she now calls home is a dangerous place, she is protected by an unlikely friendship.
Published December 11th 2014 (first published December 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Sect, please sign up.
Courtney Lane Yes, there will be a total of three books in the series.
Courtney Lane The degree of darkness in this book is subjective. For many, it wasn't very dark. It can still be read as a stand-alone. It's completely the reader's…moreThe degree of darkness in this book is subjective. For many, it wasn't very dark. It can still be read as a stand-alone. It's completely the reader's choice if they want to continue with the series. For me, as the writer, there were many nuances that went unexplained in the first book and I feel they need to be explored.(less)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo LaneThesectTiitebySueBee_zpsd5008939.jpg
 photo ts cover xB by sb_zpsch3qiyu0.gif
 photo ts story xB by sb_zpsgvtfyiu6.gif
★★★★ ! The Sect, book 1 of 3. The unfolding of a mystery behind Keaton’s past & her captivity by a sexual depraved cult!

“The place and everything in it were just an illusion, hiding a very sinister truth.”

Books in Wicked Trinity series should be read in order:
Book 1: The Sect
Book 2: The Rebirth of Sin
Book 3: Seducing Virtue

The Sect (book 1) introduces us to heiress and socialite Keaton Mara, Princess aka Mute who has resorted to a life on the streets. More on why and who she is hidi
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4.5 STARS

description

“You had to endure the pain to appreciate the pleasure.”

description

What a crazy ride! “The Sect” was definitely a dark read. It was raw, gritty, disturbing with many violent scenes and with many dark themes. This book is not for the faint of heart. Don’t expect rainbows and unicorns! You will not find them here! With a unique premise, this book was definitely something else. It was interesting, captivating and what a mind fuck!

The story is about Keaton, a young woman who is a lost soul. She ha
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **thank you for the mindfuckery** STARS

“The sad thing is, I don’t think you’ll ever know what’s true and what’s false about me.”

I can honestly say I have never ever read anything like this before. A complete mind trip, so perfectly done, layered and brilliantly executed. Chapeau, Ms. Lane! You have made me a fan.

Now to my review. There is not much I can tell you about this book without spoiling it some way or another, but I'll try to talk more about my feelings instead. If you're interest
Jasmine
4.5 STARS! ★★★★☆

"Sometimes we need to close our eyes to see the truth."

Wow what a book to usher in the new year, I've been finally mindfucked! For a while there, I was losing hope in the dark reads & thought nothing is gonna blow me away anymore. But after putting this down at 5am and trying to process everything, I am STILL so befuddled. What just happened?!

It's so tough to review a book like this because saying too much will spoil the experience of reading this. The Sect is definitely d
Saffron
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Saffron by: Jasmine
4 "My head hurts" Stars!
BR with awesomest Flo. Our BRs rock!

This is me after finishing the book at 2am...

I don't even know how to review this book without losing my mind. I took a day to think about it so I can gather my thoughts enough so I can tell you how I felt about this one. Well, I am still as confused as I was yesterday when I finished this book.

I wish I could re-read it and look for things I missed but...

The story is that a woman named Keaton Mara is running from home and is living
warhawke
Genre: Dark Erotic Suspense
Type: Standalone Book 1 of Wicked Trinity series
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Keaton Mara’s haunting past forced her to abandon everything she ever known. Out on the street, she learned the hard way how to survive and how to stay inconspicuous. But her life was ripped apart the second time when she caught the attention of the dangerous Noah Oliver that threw her life in a tailspin.

I’ve always been interested in cults in real life, with the mentality of the leaders
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4.5 Intensely Mysterious, Dark and Twisted Stars!

***SPOILER-FREE REVIEW***

She ran away from a nightmare and walked into hell.

photo 58FFDA91-FCD4-474B-836D-1519C755B6EC_zps0fxalnho.gif

No? Well, let this be your first!

photo 8DAA1055-0D6E-43C3-B835-967FF8C9A45D_zps8czxwoya.jpg

The Sect is likely one of the most complex dark reads I've encountered. Another one of those "impossible to review in depth without spoiling" kind of plot lines. What I can say is nothing is as it seems. As a reader, you want to predict the ending but the story evolves at such a twist and turn rate, your theories all get shot to hell ove
Jen
Wow! What a doozy of a book that kept me guessing pretty much through out the whole story! I do enjoy stories like that because they keep me thinking and wondering what will the outcome be! I don't have a lot of time right now to write a review that would do justice to this book..So, I am hoping to come back later and explain more about my feelings as I was reading this one! Believe me, I had quite a few feelings, and to be honest; some of them surprised me. Especially when it came to the heroin ...more
Hulya Kara Yuksel
WOOOW just WOOOOW!!! Oh my Goodnes. That was very disturbing but also it was so fucking sexy! I had to confess, I’m really turned on while I was reading this book. Yeah, it’s sick but it’s the truth! And I’m not even sorry for that… :D

I read this book because lately I read a lot hearts & flowers type of romance books and I guess I’m just a little bit bored with them. I want to read some dark & kinky story and when I start to read this book I kept my expections low but when the story bega
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
description
This was exactly the kind of book I needed at the moment! Sweet loving couple doesn't appeal to me at the moment so I needed something twisted and that's exactly what I got with this one.

description

The Sect was my first read from Courtney Lane. I've already read my fair share of dark reads and this one was probably one of the best I've read!
There's a warning at the beginning of the book and take it very seriously. I know dark reads are not meant for everyone. There are triggers and The Sect was no differen
Candace
Creepy And Captivating

Ever get that "we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto" feeling when you find yourself reading? That is exactly how I felt while reading this book. I was entranced by the eerie story that was unfolding, terrified to see what the next page would reveal and compelled to keep going forward. This book made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and had me wanting to bury my head under the covers.

It is a dark, erotic story but the usual "dark" elements weren't particularly shockin
Andrea
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
description

OMG! OMG! OMG! This book was one of the best mind f&%k I have read in a while. It had my head spinning and I loved every minute of it.

I finished this book and said WTF DID I JUST READ?!?! I have only done that with one other book. I am a lover of dark reads and I was really looking forward to this book, I was not disappointed this book has it all ~ massive amounts of drama, kidnapping, violence, hot sex, many twists and will leave you either a lover or a hater of Noah who is a dark, twisted
Anna
Katie
5 CRAZY STARS

description

Wow. What a crazy effin story!

description

So instead of writing a full review (due to the fact that I am at a complete loss for words after reading this)- I am going to mention some things I thought after reading this book: (caution lots of explicit language ahead!)

-Loved Keaton. She was seriously such a strong heroine and the shit she went through was horrific...almost as horrific as what happens to her when she is forced to stay at the "sex cult" (as I called it)

-The place she is brought to a
Stacia (the 2010 club)
2.5 stars. Have you ever read a book which you felt was so incredibly well-written, but you felt guilty for not liking it? Have you? So have I.

This is not that book.

I'm having the opposite problem here. I'm pretty sure that I thought this book was all kinds of crappy, but for some reason, I still kind of liked it. Not 'liked it, liked it,' but kind of liked it, as in 'I was strangely entertained, even though the characters were downright awful.'

As per usual, the heroine of another 'dark' story
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: The Sect
AUTHOR: Courtney Lane
GENRE: Erotic Thriller
RELEASE Date: December 11th 2014
MY RATING:★★★★★

The main reason why I one clicked this was this
.--> WARNING: This book contains pretty much every dark theme there is!!

KIDNAPPED

And then all the reviewers stating how dark it was..

FIRST COMES THE PAIN, THEN THE PLEASURE

My strength and modesty were stolen from me by way of leather strips and chains, binding me in place and putting my naked body on display for anyone to see.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

PRAYER is a
Elle
4* everybody's fool STARS!!

description

I'm really in good mood for some dark read and that's why I finally picked this up. I know somehow this book will scare me if I'm not really in the mood. I don't really remember if this book was my first 'cult' theme, but color me intrigued.
“Hope was the disease of the devil.”

Keaton Mara has been run away from her demons and now, she's living on the streets. Keaton is hiding herself and avoid to be found by her family until she made a wrong move. Taken away agains
Ebru
3,5 Stars

The Sect is the first book I have read by Courtney Lane. This book is hard to review for me. Because I have some things I like and some things I totally disliked...Now, I'll just try to describe my thoughts and feelings about it.

description

Keaton Mara aka princess aka Mute looks like she has everything. Her parents love her, she has great life...Atleast it was how it looks from afar.

But, she isn't happy. She has a lot of burden. She is in danger...

In this situation Keaton decides one thing: She
Charlie
Wow! That was an incredible, emotional and fu**ed up story. I both loved and hated it, over and again. I can't put into words all this things this book made me feel. It was incredibly intense and I'm still reeling from the end.

I don't even know where to start with Noah. He is one of the most demented characters I've read and yet there was something inexplicable about him that fascinated me and drew me in despite, or perhaps because of all the crazy. Courtney Lane did a fantastic job with his ch
Brendy
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 crazy stars
description

So how to explain this? let’s see…
The name of the book?,
yep! Pretty much Eyes Wide Shut style XD
Yeah we have a lot of that.

The first warning of the author? I think was a bit unneeded except for this part.
If you believe some things should be left sacred or untold, this is definitely not the book for you.

I come from a catholic school, what can I say
Besides of it? There’s nothing to worry about at all!, at exception of a twisted visit to the dentist, that is

So, a very promisin
Lea ★
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of dark reads
5 stars*****

WARNING: If you are not into any form of dark reads, do NOT read this book!
As it is stated in the blurb: This is not a love story.Have that in mind.

OMG! This was intense.
I am suffering from a serious book hangover.
This story gripped me from the start. I literally devoured it!
I've read my fair share of dark reads in the past but this one was just... unique. WOW!
This was exactly what I needed. In the past few months, I've read too many hearts and flowers romance novels, and this was
Judith
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY HELL....what a book!!!

So, The Sordid Promise and the Vamp Experience by this Author are amongst some of my favourite books so I was beyond excited to read this.

I really have no idea how to review this and do it justice.

Keaton led a privileged life but after a traumatic experience at the hands of a man she ended up ( her choice ) on the streets.
She lets her guard down one day and gets taken to , basically, a sex cult. This is nothing like the countless captive/kidnapping stories out there th
Booker132
Jan 14, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kym
This one had a lot of promise but was a hard one to grasp. I was everywhere but in the book. Nothing about it drew me in and made me want to read it. I feel that about 75% of the book was rambling on about nonsense. In the end, yes everything becomes clear but it still doesn't explain the tragedy of the book. I applaud the author for a very interesting plot, however it was lost beneath the pain and lust. In some ways that could be considered ok but the story had the potential to be more than jus ...more
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
ARC kindly provided by author in return for an honest review
Susan
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"It was twisted, tattered, and demented."

The author warns from the outset of this book that this is"not a romance" and this is "not a love story." She makes it clear that we should gather no "inspiration" for the topics contained within. This is a work of fiction containing dark and depraved themes. Should we believe her?

After all despite the fact that our heroine is never treated properly by her former psychopathic boyfriend nor her cold, judgmental and psychologically abusive fiancee, certainl
Michelle
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: its-complicated
4 Shivering Stars!!
I loved this book! What a total mind fuck!! I'm still a mess after finishing this one!

Keaton couldn't get away from the monster who made her life hell. She took matters into her own hands and decided to leave everyone behind she loves and live on the streets. Befriending a homeless war veteran Jeff. She disguises herself as a boy hoping that nobody will figure out who she is.

"Many think the homeless live on the streets because they don't have a choice. I did. I chose this li
Irida
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark-romance
☆☆☆☆4.5 Stars ☆☆☆☆

I hated this book at the beginning and a thing in particular didn't go well with me that's why not 5 stars. But I loved it after 30% of it...the story began to develop in better and doing things very interesting.

Keaton Mara is a rich girl who works in her mother's cosmetic company. She was raped when she was a teen and that monster still is making her life a hell. When he risked her life and those of people she loved she escaped home living in the streets of her city as a hom
Nawal
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope was the disease of the devil.

I can’t tell you how ecstatic I become when I discover a gem of a book, one that leaves me reeling and thinking about long after I’m done with it. I finished this last night at 3 am and it was damn worth it. I was sad to see the book end, it just left me bereft and I do not speak a single lie. I live to read these kind of creative and thrilling stories and while this may be the first Courtney Cole book I have read it definitely won’t be my last. I want to than
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars
Maryse's Book Blo...: Wicked Trinity Series by Courtney Lane *SPOILERS* 82 13 Oct 15, 2017 05:41PM
This book gave me nightmares 12 70 Oct 25, 2015 04:19PM
Question about plot before I read... 4 34 Jan 22, 2015 12:45PM
  • Inferno (SKALS, #4)
  • Dangerous Intentions (His Agenda, #2)
  • The Bonus  (Zeta Cartel, #1)
  • Beyond Revenge (Ransom, #2)
  • Tainted Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 4 "Poisoned" (My Masters' Nightmare, #4)
  • Messy and Shattered (Abduct, #1)
  • Held (Held, #1)
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • The Good Girl
  • The Decimation of Mae (Blue Butterfly #1)
  • The Abduction of Kelsey
  • Stay (Stay, #1)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Her Master's Teacher (Masters, #2)
  • Deliverance for Amelia (Killer, #1)
  • Judgment (Judgment, #1)
  • To the Depths of Hell
COURTNEY LANE has been creating her own little world since she was very young.

While many of her works touch several different genres, she has an archetype when it comes to the female protagonists in her stories.

Currently, Courtney can be found either working on her next book, playing the latest role-playing game on her X-Box (preferably a game by BioWare), or spending time with her family.

https:/
More about Courtney Lane

Wicked Trinity (3 books)
  • The Rebirth of Sin (Wicked Trinity, #2)
  • Seducing Virtue (Wicked Trinity, #3)
“You never had me, Keaton, but I always had you.” 3 likes
“Love is the pain of pleasure,” I forced between sniveling sobs, “and pain is the pleasure of love.” 3 likes