Start by marking “Open Your Heart” as Want to Read:
Open Your Heart

Open Your Heart

When British playwright Stefan returns to Chicago to get back with his ex-lover Dana, he is shocked to meet her twin sister Tess who informs him that Dana died a year earlier. Though Stefan is distraught about Dana, Tess mesmerizes him and he vows to get closer to the beautiful, black psychologist.

Because she does not trust him, Tess does her best to fight her attraction f
Published January 12th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Open Your Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Open Your Heart

Musings of A Romance Junkie
***May contain spoilers***

Rating: 4.5 Stars

One word: WOWWWWW!!!!

I have read many Stacy-Deanne stories, and all I can say is WOWWWWW! This story is NOTHING like she’s ever written before. I’ma keep it real with y’all: This tale had me squirming and panting, and I am a certified prude when it comes to reading sex scenes. I like my sex sensual and monogamous, but this ain’t that kind of story. Ms. Thang WENT IN and left nothing to the imagination with this story of letting go of your inhibitions, f
Zandra
Shantee' Parks
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
They struggled to get past Danas death but once they did the gloves were off. What an exhilarating sexy ride! Once Tess gave in to Stefan I was elated. I enjoyed this hot STEAMY read!
Susan
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! Outstanding writing by Stacy-Deanne! I had never heard of this author when I received this book for free in return for an honest review, and I am so glad I did. Tess is a psychologist that seems so serious on the outside. When she arrives home one night, she finds a stranger in her house acting like he is at home. It is Stefan, who used to be in a relationship with her sister that was killed by a drunk driver the year before, which he was not aware of. There seems to be some attr ...more
Lala Prsbry
Jan 21, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm still a huge and committed fan.

Every book your favorite authors write won't resonate with you and for this was one.
The writing for me seemed highjacked by some other author. The story was a bit rushed and disjointed for me. I was jostled by the conversations and they didn't seem to flow as easily as I've seen in otter stories. I didn't get any depth or background of the characters that was tangible enough to connect me to them and not one character was likable.
An ex-drunk writer and an ide
Selina Durio
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Very rarely, almost never, do I start a book and not finish it, but this was one of those times. Additionally, when I dislike a book I usually will not post a bad review. Just because I dislike a book doesn't mean others will also. I have read and enjoyed work by this author before and am very disappointed with this book. From the start it contains useless gratuitous scenes that add nothing to an overall flowing story line. Sex scenes in books do not bother me, if they contribute to a flowing go ...more
Shontaye Harkness
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review." This was a great story full of twists abd turns. Stefan makes you fall for him immediately. Tess is harder on herself than anyone else. Eddie & Mitch need help. In the end it all works out for the better.
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
I enjoyed myself

This is more kinky than I'm used to. Stefan and Tessa are two peas in a pod. Very hot. We do deal with two crazy characters but a good ending.
april walters
Feb 24, 2016
Thomas Locey
Nov 28, 2016
Gloria Jones
Jan 31, 2016
kittykat
rated it did not like it
Sep 06, 2016
Natashia
Autumn Crockett
Lee Jones
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Tess walked in on her future but immediately sent him packing once she knew he wanted her twin. Tess is coasting through life by accepting comfort in a friend as opposed to embracing her innermost desires. Stefan has gotten his demons conquered and has found his true love. Will she accept his love or reject him because she secretly thinks she is being a replacement for her dead sister? You will be enthralled from the very first page and reluctant to put it down until the very end.
Sandra Smith
Gabrielle F
Aug 19, 2016
Nicole Moore
Jan 27, 2017
Stacy-Deanne (pronounced Dee-Anne) is an award-winning and bestselling novelist of contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and women's fiction novels.

Her work includes Everlasting, Melody, Bruised, and Captivated. Stacy is a 2011 and 2012 African-American Literary Award nominee.

Join mailing list: