Start by marking “Mr. Felcher's Grand Emporium, or, The Adventures of a Pair of Spares in the Fine Art of Gentlemanly Portraiture (Another England, #2)” as Want to Read:

(Another England #2)

It’s 1882 in Another England, where being a buggerer is still legal but in the reign of Her Most Stuffy and Moral Majesty, Victoria, being a friend of Edward’s (gay) is not the done thing. She disapproves. The Ton disapproves.

What are our hapless heroes—Reginald, Lord Smythe, and Harold, Lord Fotherby—to do? At twenty-nine, they’re spares with no duties to ensure continua
ebook, Second Edition, 612 pages
Published May 26th 2017 by Eric Alan Westfall (first published November 15th 2015)

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Felcher's Grand Emporium, or, The Adventures of a Pair of Spares in the Fine Art of Gentlemanly Portraiture

Start your review of Mr. Felcher's Grand Emporium, or, The Adventures of a Pair of Spares in the Fine Art of Gentlemanly Portraiture (Another England, #2)
Cadiva
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one wasn't as good as the first book in the series but thankfully it wasn't as long either! It took a fair while for the intimate relations to get up to speed in this one and, in the meantime, the two boys become experienced voyeurs instead!
Kevin
Nov 15, 2015 rated it liked it
While reading, I mean rapidly skimming, this novel, the words tedious and ordinary came to mind. I expect more from this author. It is not a fantasy, and not nearly as clever or exciting as last year's slightly similar submission. Here the verbal frippery grows tiresome quickly.
Some of the devices, such as eyebrow lifting as communication, he has used before. Also, this Victorian novel is full of anachronisms, which elicited groans from me.
There is quite a bit of humor, but the story is well-wor
Tailtiu
Nov 17, 2015 marked it as needs-convincing
Shelves: free, gr-2015
The epub shows 1161 pages Word Count: 200583 ...more
Misty

**DNF**
(34%)

I LOVE the premise and the Victorian era is one of my favorites but my problem here is the writing ... there are too many words (the 'flowery language' tag is an understatement!) ... I feel like I'm drowning in words ... It's such a shame and I'm SO frustrated!

Carrie
I really really wanted to like this one, and while it did have some really great lines, the language got a bit much for me to follow. ("...Lady Payback is most assuredly a bitch of the first water." was one, calling Mount Tambora "Mount Tambourine" was another)

Perhaps I'll give it another shot, but for now I need to quit before my eyes go crossed.
Rebecca Franklin
I am ecstatic that this story is now available for everyone to read. It is an exceptional story about two friends that take a humorous,yet educational journey of discovery. There is laughter, mystery, love and...of course, lots of hot manlove. I recommend this read to everyone that likes it steamy with a little but of romance. This was 5 stars for me because I love a good plot, mystery,romance, humor and erotica.
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★☆☆ ~ 3 Stars
Super wordy - started skimming the scenes to get to the sex. Which there was a lot of. Loooonnnng tale of two repressed 28-yo in ye olde England being led along a sexual journey and finally find their true other half. Did I mention sexing to get there?

It was well-written and a good story, just a lot of it.
Reader
Aug 01, 2016 added it
DNF -too wordy. the great story is lost in all the unnecessary flowery verbose.

I must be a sucker for EAW punishment. After The Rake. . . I still wanted to read Mr. Felchers . . . hoping for something different. Heck, what was I thinking? Everything deserves its chance(s).

This one didn't take, however.
Parker Avrile
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a lot of fun. If you like a mix of humor with your graphic sex. These guys crack me up.
Zeoanne
Suz
Jan 27, 2016
Raevyn
Nov 30, 2015

• Viscount's Wager (Gambling on Love, #3)
  • The Nobleman and the Spy
  • Revolutionary Temptation (Revolutionaries, #1)
  • Fortune Hunter (Brook Street, #2)
  • Reckless
  • Just a Little Wickedness (The Brotherhood #1)
  • In Pursuit of the Crown
  • Of Hope and Anguish (Revolutionaries, #2)
  • Owned by the Vikings (Viking Sex Slave #2)
  • His American Detective (Victorian Gay Detective, #1)
  • Convincing Arthur (London Legal, #1)
  • The Art of Mutual Pleasure
  • Used by the Vikings (Viking Sex Slave #3)
  • One Glimpse (Indulgence, #2)
  • Hold Fast
  • The Duke & The Dandy Highwayman Trilogy
  • Lust in the Caribbean
  • After the Storm
Guess what...that image ain't really me! (Not nearly enough grey hair). That's Kerry Chin Chew Yee's image of DarkFire for the cover of The Warlord and the Bard. And since he's the favorite of my characters...what better image? Maybe more about me later.

Another England (3 books)
  • The Rake, the Rogue and the Roué (Another England #1)
  • no way out (Another England, #3)