Start by marking “Charming You (Thirsty Hearts Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Charming You (Thirsty Hearts Series #1)

Charming You (Thirsty Hearts Series #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  135 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Micky Llewellyn has trusted men before - with disastrous results. Now, she’s focused on her career, her friends, and making sure she doesn’t let another charming man lie to her and break her heart.

Nick Halden’s life has unfolded according to plan. He’s on track to a partnership at one of Dallas’ premier law firms, and he’s marrying a woman who has the beauty, smarts, and c
Published 2016 by Write Shout

To ask other readers questions about Charming You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charming You

Emily
Micky Llewelyn knew when Nick Halden entered her life something was about to change. Nick, claims he is single but he is hiding something, she just isn't sure what. What starts off as a friendship, quickly changes to something more and both Micky and NIck find themselves falling for one another.

Nick though had a plan for his life and it had a certain type of woman with connections that can help further his career, Micky is not that. When he is expected to find out information for the company Mic
Danielle from Short and Sassy
I thought this book was going to be fun. To me it was kind of dull. There was several times I struggled to finish it. I stop and picked it up many times.

I wasn't invested in the characters and the plot was predicable.
B.
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Micky Llewellyn has a rotten day topped off by a dead battery. A gorgeous guy comes by and offers to help her. He’s immediately attracted to her and tries to convince her to go out with him. She has had bad experiences with previous boyfriends and is determined to focus on her job, particularly on the project she’s the lead on at the moment. We know where this going, right? But there are a couple of twists. Nick, the up-and-coming lawyer, is sort of engaged to an attractive, wealthy woman whose ...more
Beastmodebookpromos
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Charming You by Kris Jayne is a love story that is relatable and very well written. The author permits the reader to learn and explore each character, hence allowing the reader to be completely engulfed by these characters. The romance story unfolds with Micky and Nick – Micky, whose trust is limited due to a stream of horrible past relationships and Nick, who is tied up with a family situation that has him tossing over. Kris Jayne truly pulls at your heart strings and evokes all emotions of the ...more
Paige Burton
Easy read for a book with many grammar errors

I'm giving this book 3 stars only because it was a good story. Based on the spelling and grammar errors it should have received 1 star. If you are going to publish a book, please proof read word for word. A reader will read it word for word.
Wendy
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read, relatable story, interesting characters! Difficult to put the book down...read in record time, lol! Really nice to read a good romance that isn't over the top. I reviewed an ARC provided by the author.
J McAvoy
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings about this book. To me, a romance should be a light and easy read, with two characters you root for. The romance between Nick and Micky was nice; they were both likeable, and their story was fun to follow. However, the author threw in too many other subplots that completely detracted from the actual progress of the romance. There was corporate espionage, blackmail, an ex-fiancee, an ex-boyfriend…it got very crowded. Some of these were mentioned and then disappeared, and oth ...more
Teri
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first read by this author and I really enjoyed it even tough I am not a big fan of insta love reads this author at least lets their relationship grow before they jump in bed. These two have some real deal crap to deal with between her past with relationships which make her skittish and his need for success. Both of them have some changes and actions that have to be dealt with. Secrets, lies, blackmail, work pressures and more this author most definitely writes a great multilayered rea ...more
BP34
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was such a fun read. Very well written with fun characters and a great story line. Micky is a great character who has had bad luck in men until she meets Nick when her stops to help her with her car. He's a big time lawyer who's sorta engaged. The chemistry is immediate and off the charts. No spoiler here, but you will love reading this book.
Bunny
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Very Nice Romance

This is a very nice romance story, you really get to know the characters and there are lots of interesting twists and turns along the way, I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good love story
Jade Aldridge
Would recommend reading this book.
Enjoyed it. Kept me gripped all the way through and I liked most the characters.
Some heartfelt moments, you feel different emotions throughout.
Page turner for sure.
Read pretty quickly as wanted to find out the ending (for good reasons)
Solid read.
Alice
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story line but explicit sex.
Jen
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was...charming. It was a good read with a heroine who has been hurt too many times in the past by the men she was dating and a hero who is getting out of a pretty dull relationship, he thinks...

Micky works in the marketing dept of a tech company in the same building as Nick, an M&A attorney. They run into each other one evening when Micky has car issues. There's an instant attraction and they eventually agree to go out for drinks. Micky is hesitant to trust Nick, especial
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
CHARMING YOU is the first book in THE THIRSTY HEART SERIES by KRIS JAYNE. This is the first book that I have read by Kris Jayne, but I quickly added her to my list of authors to watch for. Her style of writing is captivating and refreshing.

Micky Llewellyn is an awesome character. Witty, smart, beautiful, but boy does she have bad luck when it comes to men and affairs of the heart. She has decided to make her career in marketing her number one priority and forget about the opposite sex for now.
Deb Bishop
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given an arc of Charming You in return for a honest review.
This is a good debut book by Kris Jayne.
Charming You was one of those books that took me a little while to get into but once I did I really enjoyed it.
Mickey is concentrating on her career, her friends and family while trying to ensure that she doesn't let another charming, lying man into her heart after a series of disasterous relationships.
Nick had a plan for how his life was going to go and up until now it was going just fine.
Lindsay Lightfoot
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read a romance novel since high school, so I’m not too familiar with the genre. However, this one is much better than anything I remember reading. I like it better than a lot of romantic comedy movies as well. The main character of this novel, Micky, is very likeable. From the very beginning of the novel, the reader is clearly on Micky’s side and wants romance to turn around for her. The twists and turns of the story are modern and interesting. The scenes of flirtation and more between ...more
Gypsy Soul Korina
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mickey is having a bad day...a not so great life.
Nick is willing to make whatever sacrifices needed to get to where he wants to be.
Mickey doesn't want to be drawn to Nick.
Nick is fighting his attraction to Mickey until he finds out some truths that are altering his views on who he is and who he wants to be.
How can the two build a relationship in a world of cutthroat business deals and people not being who you think they are?
Will Mickey overcome her past to forgive Nick's transgressions on h
lovestoread
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Need to be honest here! I read books two and three before I even found out there was a book one. Having said that I enjoyed the fact that it didn't really make jumping in the midst of a series difficult.

Charming You does just that! Nick is charming beyond measure. He is thoughtful, considerate and hates that he is not being totally honest with Micky.

Micky is gun-shy having come out of a relationship where the dick was actually already married and didn't bother to let Micky know this.

Not going t
Momma Hellmouth
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-author
My Review of Charming You, by Kris Jayne
My Rating 4 Stars
What a fun enjoyable read, this almost felt like reading a old style romance.
There were some comical parts of this story, but one thing for sure the characters were fun and likable. This was a genuinely Charming book. Micky and Nick’s story is worth reading for those that enjoy a hot sexy fun read!
I have never rad this author until now, and I can say the storyline was great, the consistency of the story was spot on. The writing was excepti
Debra
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Charming You, Charmed Me! Once I started reading it was very hard to put down. Mickey Llewellyn has been through some really bad heart breaking relationships and is just now getting her life back together when she meets Nick Halden. He thinks he has everything until he meets Mickey Llewellyn in the parking garage where he helps her with a dead battery. She knows Nick is engaged but Mickey can't deny the attraction. Nick thought he has it all until Mickey! This is my first book by Kris Jayne, lov ...more
Victoria
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Its funny and pulls you into the story. Micky is guarded and does not easily trust men. Nick who has his life already planned out is taken unexpectedly when he meets Micky. Neither are expecting the strong attraction they have for each other. Will Micky learn to let her guard down and let Nick in? Will Nick change is plans? Some unexpected twists. Kris did a great job. Looking forward to reading more. Received advance copy for honest review
Isha Coleman
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
While reading this book I kept thinking of a song. Neyo's " The Best Thing I Never Knew I Needed" would have served as the perfect soundtrack to this story. Scared of listening to their hearts and taking a chance almost cost these two something precious. I received an ARC of Charming You in exchange for an honest review. Ms. Jayne's has a wonderful sense of comedic timing that makes for a hilariously entertaining read.
Eunice Robertson
I kept thinking, "What next is going to happen, to keep these two apart?" It was quite a relief, by the end of the story, to see that they were at least together. I really enjoyed the twists and turns, though. The characters were real, and it was easy to sympathise with them. (I voluntarily reviewed this free ebook).
Mel
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC review:
I loved this!

While mixed with romance and comedy are my favorite things, this story offers so much to readers. During the popular times of "50 Shades" styled novels, Charming You brings out the classy, heartfelt storyline, while still getting steamy. This is definitely worth reading.
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. This book will keep you reading long into the night. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I am looking forward to reading the next book by this great author. A Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Bette Stanek
Apr 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Entertaining read that's not too over the top. The characters are relatable and while there's plenty of drama, it's not crazy drama. Both Nick and Micky have issues from past relationships they're working through, they don't trust easily. If you're looking for an easy, quick read it's worth checking out.
Kim
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. Great story line and strong characters. Micky has had it with men and focused on her career and friends. Until she meets Nick. Fate and a dead car battery throw them together. What will be the out come? Will Nick be able to change Micky's mind on men?
Ginger
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nick an attorney is attractive and in love with Micky who works in the same building problem is he is already engaged to a Socialite with a jerk for a Dad and Nick handles his business dealings which is stealing companies and taking them apart, one that is being checked out happens to be were Micky works! How and what happens to Nick, Micky and fiancé or ex fiancé hmmmmm.

Heidi Hoferichter
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So far this book has me hooked and I can't wait to read more! The main character is very likable - smart, witty, strong and a hot mess all at the same time... My curiosity is peaked to see what happens next with the handsome stranger!
Gloria
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review from the author. I really must say I immensely enjoyed the book. I was immediately pulled into the storyline. It was a very sweet, funny book. Wonderful start to a new series. I look forward to reading more from this author
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The MFRW Book Place: 6 Mar 2017 - Charming You 1 2 Mar 05, 2017 04:17AM

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99