Start by marking “The Descendants (Summer Solstice, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Descendants (Summer Solstice, #3)

The Descendants

(Summer Solstice #3)

Winter in Apollo Beach is anything but a wonderland for Kat and her friends as their Enchanted community comes face to face with Erebus and his latest act of evil that strikes close to the heart. There's no turning back. Erebus has his sights set on Kat and using her to access the mysterious energy source. Kat will do anything to keep her friends and family safe . . . even ...more
Published November 17th 2015 by K.K. Allen

To ask other readers questions about The Descendants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Descendants

Start your review of The Descendants (Summer Solstice, #3)
K.K. Allen
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Descendants will be out on November 17th - Kindle and Paperback. Get ready :)
Dianne
Apollo Beach, sun, sand, surf and magic. There may be no snow, but evil has frozen the hearts and souls of this enchanted town as Erebus zeroes in on Kat in all of his vile glory. Must Kat surrender to the God of Darkness to save the ones she loves? She has become a shattered version of herself, and his interference in her life is just one more reminder that she carries the weight of the world on her shoulders. It is all coming to a head, as the Arctic Winter Masquerade Ball becomes a focal poin ...more
Tiffany Holme
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Allen really outdid herself with this one. It's hard going into a third book with expectations and no way of knowing if you will be happy with how it all ends. This also makes reviewing this book super hard on me because there is so much that I would like to share that I just can't without ruining all three books. Even my quotes remained diverse in order to protect the amazing twists and turns that this book took, in order to ensure you get the best possible experience.

I mentally divided thi
Dariyah
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing conclusion of K.K. Allen's Summer Solstice Series.

Book #2, The Equinox, left us with the sudden departure of Jhonny, Kat's love interest, and the long lost return of Kat's Father, Paul. Fast forward a year and a half and we begin Book #3, The Descendants. The inevitable return of Erabus, the God of Darkness, is in the thoughts of everyone, and on what havoc he could wreak at any moment.

Meanwhile, life goes on and it is the Winter Solstice, and the Apollo Beach High School's Arcti
Kylie Kaemke
Shelves: self-published
I've said it before and I'll say it again. This series is magical. Allen's first two books in the series were something spectacular, and the finale does not disappoint. I was a bit worried at first when you find out so much time has passed between the second and third book, but she does an amazing job at filling you in on the past without seeming like we're stuck in it.

New characters are introduced, and they are just as lovely as our beloved original characters. We see a lot of insight into Katr
David Malcolm
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
KK Allen’s writing is full of empathy, love of nature and all beings on our planet, and love between ordinary young and old human beings who are struggling to live a fulfilling life. In this final story in the trilogy, Kat’s emotions are pulled every which way as she struggles to come to terms with where friendship and love intertwine. She gets to know and love her father, and her mother enters the story in a very surprising way. Kat’s powers as an Enchanter come to their powerful and sometimes ...more
Nicole Campbell
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhhh!!! This is for SURE the best book in this series, and it is AWESOME. Katrina is so much more mature in this installment, and her confidence makes her such a badass protagonist. I also really like the opportunity we have to see into a couple of other points of view. Especially that freaking EPILOGUE. But really, all I care about is Johnny. I freaking love him and I want to be an enchanter and be in love with him because he is wonderful. I am just so in love with this series and my only reg ...more
Carolyn Reilly
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, ya, urban-fantasy
The Descendants is a more than worthy conclusion to the exciting Summer Solstice Series by K.K. Allen. With its heartbreaking romance, suspense and action this third instalment makes me wish for more magical Apollo Beach adventures to follow.
Jessica Haggard-maxon
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This third book was a great wrap up wish there was more coming as I fell in love with these characters! I love The Solstice series and really hope somehow there will be more!!
Ashley Tomlinson
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow...just wow! This book was so amazing! I have a major book hangover now thanks to Allen but no regrets. Definitely my favorite book of the series and it is going to be so dang hard to write this review without blabbing every spoiler there is to give because oh my gosh so much happened.

Kat is trying to live her life as normally as she can after Johnny left and her Dad returned. Erebus is doing everything in his power to get to her and her family and friends are trying to protect her, like she
Gabriella Messina
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The best one of the trilogy!!!

K.K. Allen's Summer Solstice trilogy concludes in "The Descendants", with more action, more suspense, and more romance! Katrina Summers journey of discovery and destiny has been building steadily since the first installment, "Enchanted", and fans of the series up to this point will not be disappointed as Kat embraces that destiny and an exciting future.

If you are a fan of the series, you will be excited to see old friends return, including Kat's sassy grandmother Ro
Lorna Francis
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an inspiring story of good verses evil as the residents of Summer Island face the truly deviously dark Erebus who has his sights firmly set on Katrina.  This action packed third installment of The Solstice Series is packed full of of excitement, drama, heroism, loss, love and so much more.
K.K. Allen's writing flows well,  and the story works the residents of Summer Island into the heart of the reader.
We find my favorite character brokenhearted, but always strong, brave, heroic and insp
Anna
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Descendants is a fantastic addition to The Summer Solstice Series. I absolutely love submersing myself into the enchanting world K.K. Allen has created with this series. I could see myself reading it again sometime. This book brings forth a ton of juicy information that may have been foreshadowed a bit in the prior books. It is also more action-packed and suspenseful. Don't be surprised if this book makes you shed a tear or two, but it may also make you melt with happiness and love.

The char
Sabrina Street
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Finally, K.K. Allen’s third book of The Summer Solstice Series, The Descendants, is here. And, it did not disappoint!

Let me start by saying the first two books in this series were fabulous, but this third book was over the top magnificent with more action, suspense, and swoon worth romantic scenes. Allen’s writing had me so captivated I read this book in one sitting.

Her dynamic scenes had me feeling a range of emotions. Truth be told, I am not much of a crier, but that letters and that scene wit
Joy Eileen
Omg. Squee.
I have had a hard time thinking of my wording for this review. I don't want to give any spoilers.
Seriously people read this series and contact me so we can gush over it.
K.k. did a fantastic job pulling everything together. The ending was perfect and I wish I could tell you why. I will admit I wished it wasn't YA because K.K. does such an amazing job with chemistry between Kat and ??? I wanted them to get it on sooooo bad. That's just because I'm an uber pervert.
This book made me so
Niki Livingston
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been dying to read the last book of the Summer Solstice series for a few months now and life finally handed me some time to sit down and enjoy the chaotic madness of Kat's life and adventures! I LOVE this book!!! K.K. Allen is a fantastic author and I am so pleased to have stumbled across her books.

Don't take my word for it. Buy the books and dive into the magical world that the author has so beautifully created! You will not regret it.
Stephanie Kneese
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Summer Solstice Series comes to an end in this wonderful tale. Greek Mythology, Romance, Magic, and Imagination come to life in The Descendants. In this story, we continue to learn some interesting things of Katrina's past, and a certain family member. Gasp! The biggest threat is lurking near and you don't want to miss it! I don't want to give too much away if you haven't read the first two, but K.K. Allen does not disappoint! ...more
Jennifer Hinsman
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This third book was very enjoyable, I loved it just as much as the first two. There is romance, magic, beaches, mermaids, evil... a little something for everyone. I loved the family connections between all the generations on Summer Island. There are some great surprises in this one and I was in tears toward the end. This book is a fun, exciting ride and I definitely recommend the entire Summer Solstice Series!
Peter Dickerson
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Descendants was an enjoyable read. It's a page turner. Courage, ancient magical powers, defeating evil, caring for the environment. It's all there. The writing style is neat. The story is tight. This is Book 3 of a Trilogy. I read the other 2 previously. ...more
Anna
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG! WOW! WOW! Loveeeed this book! It gave me a lot of feels, especially in the end because I could relate soooo much to Kat. And the couple is perfection ! (Not naming names ;) )
Jennifer Zamboni
The Descendants is a spectacular conclusion to an amazing trilogy! Fast paced, all the way through the end, and what an end it was! & the epilogue! I hope there is more Kat and company, someday!
Bookie
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Summer Series

I love YA mythology books and K.K. Allen has written an engaging and sweet contemporary mythology trilogy. I would recommend this to my friends with upper middle school and young high school students as it's a tween/teen appropriate story that intertwines a sweet romance with the story but in a way that shows age-appropriate healthy relationship boundaries and empowered female characters. There are still a few editing errors throughout which is why I gave it four stars instead
A.R. Hall
Jeanette Stratton
Jun 22, 2017
Carol Ann
Jun 26, 2016
K.K. Allen is the USA TODAY Bestselling and award-winning contemporary romance author of sweet, sexy, and inspiring stories that evoke emotion at every turn.

K.K.'s debut romance novel, Up in the Treehouse, was named the Best New Adult Book of the Year by RT Book Reviews, an honor beyond belief. And she continues to take reader’s emotions on an epic ride every single time with real, layered, comin

Summer Solstice (3 books)
  • Enchanted (Summer Solstice, #1)
  • The Equinox (Summer Solstice, #2)