Start by marking “Who's That Girl” as Want to Read:
Who's That Girl

Who's That Girl

Junior Nattie McCullough is totally OK with her place in life: Latin whiz. Member of the school’s gay-straight alliance. Joni Mitchell superfan. Seventeen-year-old who has never been kissed. So when last summer’s crush and her former classmate—Young Lungs lead singer Sebastian Delacroix—comes back to town with his new hit single “Natalie,” she can’t bring herself to believ ...more
Published July 11th 2017 by Harper Collins Children’s

Lola
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Bring this book to the beach, you won’t regret it.

It’s a light contemporary romance story that does discuss serious themes from time to time. Nattie and her friends struggle to make this gay-straight alliance strong at their school and Nattie is proud some of her friends are gay or lesbian.

Though what is mainly on Nattie’s mind is the new song Sebastian—her crush—composed and sang at this mini-concert. Her name is mentioned, but still, she’s not sure it’s actually about her. Though she hopes it
Jodi
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This book has some of the best dialogue I've read in a looooong time. The snappy banter between the characters was one of my favorite things about this fun new YA! I felt like I was right there hanging out with the two Zach's, Tess, and Nattie, and following all their inside jokes (Jamba Alert!). This book's clever hook will draw you in from the get-go, but the well-rounded, awesome characters will keep you turning the page.
Stacee
I loved this synopsis so much and I sort of breaks my heart to say 3 stars might be too high of a rating.

Nattie was a decent enough MC. Her inner monologue was rough for me to settle into and I'm not sure I ever really did. There were a lot of secondary characters, but they all felt flat and clichéd. I struggled with Tess and Zach because I didn't get to know them: it was pretty much all Nattie, all the time.

Plot wise, I straight up loved the idea. I think it was the execution that didn't work
Julie
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book was perfect with the romance and the friendship. I loved tess, Sam, and and Zach, and the whole gang. natty was so normal and loved her parents. this book was perfect ❤❤
Tracey Neithercott
Well, this was all sorts of adorable. is the kind of book you want to curl up with after a long and possibly terrible day. That’s exactly what I did, and I couldn’t help but smile pretty much the entire time I was reading it. Part of that came from Nattie’s quirky family, especially her father, who was hilarious and stole every scene he was in. If you loved the parents in Easy A, you'll adore Nattie’s, too.

Then there are her friends, each of whom I completely adored, especially Zach. Because of
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
While this was cute and easy enough to read, it felt a little forced. I'm all for diversity but the YA genre has been inundated lately and for me, this felt like a bit of everything had been added in just for the sake of it. There was no feeling of authenticity and instead felt a bit over the top.
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
3.5 Stars

This was a really fun story that combined everything you could want in a summer contemporary: friend drama, romantic drama, family drama. Basically a lot of drama, but in a fun and light-hearted way. The story was a breeze to read and I found myself laughing a lot!

Things I Liked :
The family dynamic was so fantastic. It felt like a scripted sitcom family, but in the best way possible. There was such great situational humor blended with incredibly real relationships and conversations.

The
Samantha (WLABB)
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, arcs, contemporary
Rating: 3.5 Stars

This was a super-cute rom-com that had me laughing out loud and often. I am pretty sure I wore a smile from the beginning until the end of this book. I am of lover of all things fun and cute and this one really delivered.

Things I loved:

*Nattie was adorable, quirky, a little nerdy, and a bit awkward. I really enjoyed her Lucy-esq antics, and that she was just so normal. Her emotions, fears, and joys were so commonplace. It was easy to relate to her.

*Nattie's friends were such a
Eric Smith
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
ADORED this. Full review soon.
Katherine Locke
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an entertaining, funny, awkward as hell in a very deliberate way and a VERY UPSETTINGLY REAL WAY romantic comedy. It's ripe for TV, so someone really needs to get on that, okay? Just. The parents! The exchange student! The friends! THE AWKWARD! Natalie's voice! UGH SEBASTIAN.

This was an utter delight and YA contemporary fans, this is a must read. It hits alllll the right buttons. Super recommend for fans of Cath's voice and awkwardness in FANGIRL and the friendships and quirk of Morgan
Hristina
A fun read overall. Here are the remarks from my notes:
-the lead's behavior was a little confusing at times
-the whole Tall Zach & Zach the Anarchist thing isn't pulled off properly, going back to reread happened a few times cause I had no idea which Zach was talking
-odd comments here and there that could've been worded better disrupted the flow ("“That’s how we’re going to turn a profit.” Zach narrowed his eyes at me as I chewed the cookie. It was, of course, really good." is the example tha
Carolyn
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
First thoughts: Just okay.

Review: Had to bring this one down to two stars.My biggest problem with this book is that I didn't care for Nattie. She had no personality, she had nothing going on in her life, she was just there.

Nattie has a crush on Sebastian, who graduated the prior summer and is an aspiring musician. Sebastian's band has a hit song, "Natalie." So for some reason, Nattie freaks out and becomes a shell of a person. Makes some really odd decisions and allows others to make plans for
Sam (AMNReader)
Adorably adorable, predictably predictable but also had me chuckling multiple times. Fun characters. A great debut but doesn't add anything to YA genre for me.
Ava
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I can't think of anything I hated about this book, so I think it's more of a case of it didn't impress me very much or stand out in any way. Review to come later.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
I'm in the minority for this but that's okay. It happens. I was not impressed with any of the characters. Nothing special about the main character. Her friend Tess or whatever was a complete piece of work. She reminded me too much of someone I don't like in real life. I tried but this just wasn't for me.
Laurence R.
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a really cute book! It definitely succeeded in making me forget about work.
CLM
Concept was cute and story was innocuous, albeit predictable with an annoyingly self-absorbed heroine.
Dia
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, contemporary

Sort of nice and fun.

RTC
F.M.
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A YA contemporary debut with adorable/funny awkwardness, a strong group of friends, musical theming, and compulsive readability. I loved the voice in this book -- for such a large cast of friends, the dialogue came naturally and felt very distinct, which is a difficult task! The basic premise is that main character Nattie discovers that the boy she had a massive crush on / sort-of kissed the previous summer has hit the big time with his band's song "Natalie"... and when the band comes to town to ...more
Basia
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Maybe I'm super biased, because I know and worked with Blair and she's incredible, but this book was great. The thing I love best about it, though, is that Blair does an in-freaking-credible job of making sure that the teenagers always sound like teenagers. Sometimes I read a YA book and am like, "Do teenagers talk like this?" That's not to say that they should say dumb things all the time or sound incredibly immature, but sometimes YA characters sound too much like twentysomethings or thirtysom ...more
Sophie Brookover
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, 2017
A delightful YA romcom/classic friendship & family-ship, set in my beloved Delaware Valley, in & around Philadelphia. Prep school kid & Latin whiz Nattie has a couple of intense, not-quite-making-out moments with a hot boy who graduated for her school, and now it seems like his catchy indie rock song might be about her? Also, she & her bestie need a good band to play the LGBTQIA dance, so...maybe the Young Lungs could do it? Wackiness and genuine emotions ensue, and resolve very ...more
Sonja
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was completely charming, and perfectly captures both my high school and the neighborhood where I grew up. This book filled me with joy and nostalgia in equal measure.
Lilly (Lair Of Books)
***3.75 stars***

Review to come on LairOfBooks (Link is in the bio)
Suzanne
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quirky characters, gripping teenage angst, familiar locale, a bit too wordy but quite a fun and easy read. I believe my teenage self would have loved it!
Vicky Who Reads
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

A quirky debut, Who's That Girl by Blair Thornburgh revolves around the life of Nattie McCullough who's life takes a turn as a song with her namesake by an up and coming band headed by a boy who used to go to her high school grows and gains traction.

Sebastian Delacroix's band and their song "Natalie" starts to spread across the internet, and Nattie doesn't know what to do. What's worse is that she used to have a crush on him, especially with that almost-kiss incident at a party.

Nattie has
TS
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
As I was reading the book, I was thinking this would be two stars, but it picked up towards the end, and so I think it warrants a 2.75 or something along those lines. BT's writing is flawless; it flows easily, she knows how to construct her sentences to make them seem almost poetic or at the very least, crucial; but the plot, although its premise was promising, was boring. I thought I wouldn't be able to put this book down but instead I kept just picking it back up to get it done with. Unfortuna ...more
Sapphire
Jan 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was blander than an uncooked potato, except that a potato would be of more use.
I picked up this book in an effort to connect with a genre I avoid—teen romance. It reminded me why I avoid it.
Also the main character gets sexually assaulted and it’s very minimized. I’d give it zero stars but goodreads don’t roll like that.
Apr 23, 2017 added it
This was fine. I'm really unenthused by most of this year's YAs... it's possible it's me, but they seem like a lot of the same. Anyway, cute enough read, I was irked that there was a random running joke than Sam Huang the foreign exchange student was always called by his full name like Huang was soooooo funny. I know this is a thing that happens but it was pretty icky to read, to be honest.
Nicole
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
cute and funny!! i really enjoyed this. the only flaw was that it was too straight. but every character other than the leads wasn't so i can let it slide.
Pat
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tall Zach, marry me.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Young Adult Conte...: #46 Who's That Girl by Blair Thornburgh 1 7 Nov 22, 2017 11:51AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please help with title fix! 3 135 Apr 14, 2016 10:59AM