Start by marking “A Dog's Guide to Humans” as Want to Read:
A Dog's Guide to Humans

A Dog's Guide to Humans

A Dog's Guide to Humans - A lighthearted look at the human species from a dog's point of view. Bob the West Highland terrier, shares some tips and tricks on getting the best out of human beings, attempts to fathom some of their strange behaviour and imparts some of his wisdom on training and manipulation techniques.

How well has YOUR dog trained you?
Take the quiz at the
Published November 2015 by Smardogs Ireland (first published November 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Dog's Guide to Humans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dog's Guide to Humans

Start your review of A Dog's Guide to Humans
Wayne
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I laughed at every turn of the page. Every part of this book will ring true to anyone who has owned a dog.
If you put yourself in your dogs shoes as you read along you'll be nodding your head in agreement with a grin on your face from start to finish.
Squid McFinnigan
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun read.Having two hounds myself, I could relate to a lot of what Karen had between the covers. I can admit that I am very well trained indeed. A dog lover will get more than one smile from this book and may even pick up a tip or two.
TA
Adorable read about how dogs view things, and how they easily manipulate their humans. Very funny book, had me laughing and smiling from cover to cover.
Debbie
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb

Entertaining and informative. Apparently our dog is a master trainer. Who would have guessed....?
A light, enjoyable, and easy read.
Fiona King
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely little book, written by Bob, a Westie and master human trainer. I was surprised to find that my own little terrier, Muffin, has a little way to go to reach Bob's standards.

I can only put this down to her not bothering to train us to let her sleep on the bed and also her inability to starve herself :-)
Patricia
This book really made me laugh out loud in places. Very cleverly written from a dogs perspective, underneath the humor there is a lot of information on how dogs think, and also where us humans tend to go wrong. The quiz at the end is brilliant. If you love dogs you will thoroughly enjoy this little book.
Kari Self
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious

A fantastic and funny read for those who have, are planning to have, or work with our beautiful canines. Looking forward to reading more of Karen Davidson books.
David W Rosario
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laughed til I ached!

This book was hysterically funny to me, and shows how easily we humans are trained by our canine masters. Enjoy!
Jossie Marie Solheim
This book had me crying with laughter, a must read for any devoted dog owner. ;)
Marie Jose Nieuwkoop
Thanks to anyone who send us this book........surprise.... :-)
Disha Srivastava
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super cute.
Mims Reilly
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lovely Christmas present from Lindy at Christmas. I think I might be a malleable human and she has trained me very well.
Patricia
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A clever book written from the perspective of Bob, a West Highland Terrier. Bob shares his tips for training humans and his explanations for all the curious things humans do. You can probably read this in an hour or two.

Food: A short read calls for fast food. Maybe a taco or two.
Della
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book! Insightful, funny. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has a dog or plans to get a dog. Excellent for any age group.
Andy Downs
I tittered and sniggered my way through this book, and will never look at dogs in quite the same way ever again. A must for all dog owners.
Michael Carter
Feb 06, 2015
April
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2014, fiction
OK, but I think I will remain staff to my cats instead.
Paola Kurzynski

• All My Friends are Superheroes
  • Heart and Brain: Gut Instincts: An Awkward Yeti Collection
  • Cyanide and Happiness
  • Stargazing Dog
  • You Can Do All Things: Drawings, Affirmations and Mindfulness to Help With Anxiety and Depression
  • The Illustrated Book of Sayings: Curious Expressions from Around the World
  • Dog Butts and Love. And Stuff Like That. And Cats.
  • Slothilda: Living the Sloth Life
  • Alle sieben Wellen (Gut gegen Nordwind, #2)
  • My Dog: The Paradox: A Lovable Discourse about Man's Best Friend
  • The Mother-Daughter Dance
  • We Contain Multitudes
  • Faker
  • Heart and Brain: An Awkward Yeti Collection
  • The Summer Palace (Captive Prince Short Stories, #2)
  • The Little World of Liz Climo
  • Death Wins a Goldfish: Reflections from a Grim Reaper's Yearlong Sabbatical
  • Why Don't You Write My Eulogy Now So I Can Correct It?: A Mother's Suggestions
Karen Davison grew up in Bedfordshire, England. She has been both an avid reader and a lover of animals since early childhood. When she was eight, the family got their first dog, Scamp, whose great character started Karen's lifelong devotion to dogs.

Since qualifying in Canine Psychology in 2001, she has worked as a professional dog trainer and canine behaviourist. She went on to study Wolf