Start by marking “Mr. Funny (Mr. Men, #18)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Funny (Mr. Men, #18)

Mr. Funny (Mr. Men #18)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  854 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Published September 29th 1997 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Funny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Funny

Uttam Singh
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
A tried and tested pre-home time favourite, especially for the Early Years. From the timeless collection by Roger Hargreaves, ‘Mr Funny’ is just one of the superb Mr Men books which pupils cannot get enough of.
The protagonist certainly lives up to his name, as one of the silliest Mr Men characters by definition; his antics will certainly have pupils in stitches. Mr Funny operates in a hilariously ridiculous way, with his breakfast of a “daisy sandwich” and “glass of toast” and his shoe-shaped c
Aimie
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-and-up
My 4 year old son and I, just had a blast reading this for our bedtime story. We laughed more than the Zoo animals. :)
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
My little brother went through a Mr. Men phase when we were younger. Three years his senior I was a bit beyond the reading level but I found the look, both the size and simple, colorful illustrations appealing. Since that time, I have held a soft spot in my heart for this popular children's series. It wasn't until I read Mr. Funny that I realized I don't think I ever actually perused the text of his collection. Unfortunately this makes me impression of the story somewhat tainted because, as an a ...more
Sarah Sammis
Jun 08, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: pc
Mr. Funny is one of the more surreal of the Mr. Men books. Mr. Funny lives a very odd life. His house is a tea pot. He drinks toast for breakfast and drives around town in a shoe. As with many of the Mr. Men books, the story follows Mr. Funny through the course of a day, starting with breakfast and going through the course of a day, usually with a trip into town.

Mr. Funny goes to the zoo where he is called into service to entertain a bunch of animals suffering from colds. Here is where the book
Godzilla
Apr 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids, 2010
Not the finest Mr Men book - although at least Mr Funny goes for a drive rather than a walk, a major difference in plot development!

It does teach kids that laughter is the best medicine, and that perhaps animals aren't all overjoyed to be incarcerated in zoos.

Given the title, this book had so much potential, yet was ultimately slightly disappointing. There are far better Mr Men books out there.
Siobhan
Sep 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Ah, Mr Men and Little Miss, how wonderful you are!

These books made up so much of my childhood. No matter what I would go ahead and pick one up. I worked my way through them all a couple of times. Each one has a wonderful story for the child to engage with, each character being fun to read.

Everyone has a bias for their favourite character, yet every book is delightful.
Heather
Feb 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This one and Mr. Mischief are my son's favorites in this series. I actually remember reading these to my little brother when he was small. (His favorite was Mr. Silly!)
Danielle Palmer
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whatever land Mr Funny lives in, they have set the bar very low in regards to humor. The characters crack up uncontrollably when Mr funny makes faces at them. I think there would actually be some laughing related deaths if a comedian with even a smidge of talent showed up in that town.
Angie
Nov 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "They're back! Rediscover the zaniest characters you've ever met in this best-selling series which has sold millions worldwide. Bright and charming, with easily recognizable characters and a small take-along format, Mr. Men and Little Miss books are easy enough for young readers, witty enough for humor-prone adults, and highly collectible for one and all. Also check your local listings to view the Mr. Men & Little Miss TV show."

My Review: Another Mr. Men book, this was better than
Phil Syphe
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Think I’m right in stating that as a boy I had all the pre-1990 Mr Men books with the possible exception of “Mr Snow”. Looking at all the covers apart from the latter jogged my memory.

Sadly I remember little about the stories now, despite reading them numerous times during my boyhood, plus watching the Mr Men cartoons more than once.

Reckon the last time I would’ve read these was 1983, though may have returned to them as late as 1985. Although I’ve forgotten almost everything about this title and
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Erica Poole
Oct 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I read this whole series as a kid, mom had a friend from England who brought them over whenever Stateside. I have quite a few at the moment, rather than list them all I will just blanket comment here. These are such simple and fun little characters that while not remembering details, always brings a smile to my face when I see them again!
Danie Cutter
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Oh so funny... well according to little miss who now seems to be basing her jokes on this sort of funny. This is actually one of the better Mr Men I've read recently although Mr Quite Amusing is too big to fit on the cover!
Derek Baldwin
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
When very tiny Luke used to call him "Ha Man" because he had a little battery operated Mr Funny who chortled happily when you bashed his hat. Reading the story with Ha Man to hand was fun, but this isn't a top-notch Mr Men story otherwise.
JG (The Introverted Reader)
Can Mr. Funny cheer up the zoo animals?

Cute. He reminds me of my brother-in-law.
Bender
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aut molestiae distinctio veniam vero. Voluptatem consequatur repellat. Et voluptatem nihil voluptates. Distinctio aut nulla. Quod est consequatur velit voluptatibus et dolorum.
Lumi / Otso
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it
my rating is probably unfair because lumi *loves* this book. but i am not fond of reading it.
Malachi Musa
Apr 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book at bedtime for a few weeks but I soon replaced it again with other favourites (2yrs 10mths)
τλιϓλ
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Not just funny but smart and kind, love this character ^_^
Kelly
Apr 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kidlit, jack, andy
Mr Funny lives in a teapot and drives a shoe. Sometimes he eats a daisy sandwich and drinks a glass of toast. He's so funny that he visits the zoo to cheer up depressed animals.
Clara Moore
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hmm.. Wonder if this is good lol
Ashton
Apr 25, 2010 rated it liked it
All the people are laughing.His house was a teapot.He eats a daisy sandwich.
Ruby
Aug 17, 2011 rated it liked it
its real funny and i love funny books. by ruby mc
Shannon
Jan 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Patrick\
Apr 23, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Fun read-aloud series - with a moral.
Paul
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A childhood favourite of most!
Austin Wright
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well written avant-garde story with comical illustrations!
Samaywiah Hoque
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
nice book
Alexander
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book because I like being funny. I also enjoyed this book because Mr. Funny was very funny.
Wilde Sky
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mr Funny cheers up some animals.

A very short and sweet little book that left me smiling.
  • Franklin Has a Sleepover
  • Gabby (Serendipity)
  • You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Stories to Read Together
  • Zog
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et
More about Roger Hargreaves...

Mr. Men (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1)
  • Mr. Greedy (Mr. Men, #2)
  • Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3)
  • Mr. Nosey (Mr. Men, #4)
  • Mr. Sneeze (Mr. Men, #5)
  • Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6)
  • Mr. Snow (Mr. Men, #7)
  • Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8)
  • Mr. Topsy-turvy (Mr. Men, #9)
  • Mr. Silly (Mr. Men, #10)