Start by marking “Reflection: Harbinger of the Phoenix (Records of the Ohanzee, #2)” as Want to Read:
Reflection: Harbinger of the Phoenix (Records of the Ohanzee, #2)

Reflection: Harbinger of the Phoenix (Records of the Ohanzee, #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  124 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The masquerade is over and the masks have been removed. But not everyone’s true face has been revealed…

King Casimer of Marise has assassinated the Royal Family of Chiyo and usurped the throne. He doesn’t know that the Heiress of Chiyo, Nerissa, is still alive and has joined the Ohanzee, a group of guardians who have secretly protected the country for generations. Disguisi
Published September 28th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Reflection, please sign up.
Rachel Smith The third book, Reflection: Thorn of the White Rose, is scheduled to be released in late Spring 2016.

Dianne
The usurper to the throne of Chiyo has assassinated the Royal family, but is unaware that one rebellious action by the Princess Nerissa has saved her life, allowing her to be whisked away to safety and a new life, as she plans her moves to re-take what is rightfully hers, freeing her people from the treachery of King Casimer. Disguised as a young soldier, her quest begins and fate lends a helping hand in the form of a mysterious seer who has uncovered part of an ancient prophecy that will mean t ...more
Kristy Mauna
I really enjoyed Reflection: Harbinger of the Phoenix, and it proved to be a strong sequel in this series!

"The new Heir and his guardian, wielding twin swords as they go on a quest to take back the throne!"

Now that the tone of the story has been set, everything seemed to flow a lot better. The book begins with us back in Niamh with Charis, Nerissa's best friend, as she is reading and trying to figure out Amon's true intentions. We don't see a lot of Charis and Amon in this book, but there are
stefansbooks
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't really have a lot of things to say... This one was much better than the first one, the characters were really likeable and had developed really well, the action amd adventure was amazing and it was fast-paced and a quick read: the perfect YA Fantasy book! P.S: and there wasn't a ton of romance, just an enough dose to keep you interested!
Rating: 5/5⭐s
Clémence
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC copy from the author in exchange for a honest review.

First off all, I enjoyed this book even more than the first one! The pace is just perfect, and I realised how much I love the writing style. I read it in one day, and now I will patiently wait for the sequel to be released.

I loved the fact that we got to see characters from the first book again, even if they hadn’t played a really big part so far – Charis and Shae for example. I really like how Shae and Desta’s storyline turn
Lee Anderson
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book can only be read after reading book one. I started reading the first page and it was like I had just turned the last page of the first book! The story just continues on exactly from where it left us.
The scene is set and we have met the characters, with only a few new editions, my favorite being Eloc and Cole.
Once again there is a List Of Characters at the back of the book which is great if your like me and get confused with names easy.
Nerissa is still the main character, closely follo
Nicki White
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Linda Lou
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Middle age kids 7th grade through YA
Rating 4
"The masquerade is over and the masks have been removed. But not everyone’s true face has been revealed”...and that includes Nerissa, the Heiress of Chiyo. All isn't what it seems and Nerissa has much to learn Nerissa has been miraculously rescued and taken to the Ohanzee, the guardians of the heirs of Chiyo, to recuperate and somehow achieve the seemingly impossible...freedom for Chiyo. The story becomes much more involved and the characters more complex…especially Nerissa. And there ar
Books of Cat
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4/5
This book was given to me by the author Rachel R. Smith for an honest review. This review is not affected by anything, it containts my true feelings.
The fact that books play a major part in this story is one of the affective sides for me to like a novel more. Also, who can resist libraries, books, and the characters who loves reading as much as the actual readers of this book?
“ I read a little bit of everything” she replied haughtily.”It’s called being well rounded.”
Nerissa’s journey
Ria
Full Review @http://www.abookishescape.com/2016/02...

The End, everything is underway Nerissa and her motley crew are much closer to their goal. They have faced betrayal and close calls together they will find all of the missing pieces and save the kingdom. This didn’t end in a cliffhanger but it does set the next book up quite nicely. Nerissa has always been very special and I look forward to seeing what her full potential holds. Come on NEXT INSTALLMENT!!

My Rating
4.0 This quest is fully underw
Hanna  Cristobal
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Visit blog for more book review: Hanna
Banana Reads

Rating: 4.5/5

Reflection: Harbinger of the Phoenix is the second book in the Records of the Ohanzee Series written by Rachel R. Smith. The story continues where the first book left off. After the assasination of her parents in a masquerade ball, the heiress of Chiyo had escaped death and secretly joins the Ohanzee, a secret guardian of the royal family. With a new name and a disguise, she journeys with the other Ohanzee in the hope of finding the
Christina
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was definitely a lot more action packed than the first book
There were a lot more funny moments that occurred especially with some of the other Ohanzee members. I also liked that we got to see what the enemy was up to even if it was only for a little bit.
I also like that there isn't a lot of romance I mean there are hints here and there but it doesn't take away from the rest of the story. As well as I enjoyed all the character development from the first novel and the new characters that wer
Michelle Harvey
Nov 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Feel mislead

I read the free book which was very short and opted to purchase the 2nd book which was 4. 99. I assumed it would be a full length book. It repeated the last two chapters of the 1st book and was equally short. Very disappointed. Although the book was good, it was too short for the price. I will not be reading anymore. This will end up being a $20 book for all the books that should altogether be one full length book.
Elizabeth Buckner
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adventurous

I am really enjoying the plot as Marissa uses a crystal to disguise her voice, dresses like a man, and learns some combat. I loved how this book turned out and wanted to read more. Ready for the next book in the series!
Pat Raab
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loving the series! The adventure continues, with Nerissa in deadly danger if her disguise is revealed, during the search for the remaining sections of the prophecy. Tense and exciting.
Julie Herlache
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

This book was an excellent sequel to the first book. I throughly enjoyed this book and the twins added light entertainment to the storyline.
Tony Sommer
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Story

This is a very good story. I can't wait to see the next book in the series. I loved the book and couldn't put it down once I started reading it.
Rebecca  C. Cardenas
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this entire series! I read the entire series back to back and I am truly hoping that the author (Rachel R. Smith) keeps the story alive for a while longer. She is on my "watch" and "follows" list.
I really want to know, what happens next!? I would recommend this series, I am shocked more people have not reviewed the books as it is highly engaging and creative. For this reason I took the time to write this as "sharing is caring!"
Happy reading! -rcc
She Always Reads  (Cia Black)
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is review for Records of the Ohanzee 1-4.

Honestly when I first saw this Book 1 Reflection: The Stranger in the Mirror, I thought this is a beautiful cover. It reminder me of The Winner’s curse, The Jewel or even the Selections series. While I enjoyed those reading they all lacked the depths in which you’ll find in the Records of Ohanzee. Masterfully sculpted the words in this book bring to you Chiyo and its demise brought onto to it by King Casimer. But from the ashes rises none other than
Stacey Kym
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly provided by Rachel R. Thompson in exchange for an honest review.

Review

'Reflection: Harbinger of the Phoenix' was certainly amongst the BEST self-published/independently-published fantasy novels which I've had the pleasure of reading. I've really enjoyed the first instalment in the series and I can guarantee any reader that this series (and novel) will be one of the MOST pleasantly surprising novels they'll have read in a while!

This has probably been the most fastest yet one

Lindsey Paradis
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I received an e-book copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. This in no way affected my opinion of the book, or the content of my review.

You can read my full review here: https://apieceofparadis.wordpress.com...

This is the second book in the Records of the Ohanzee series, and the review may contain spoilers from the first book Reflection: The Stranger in the Mirror.

After reading Reflection: The Stranger in the Mirror I just had to continue the series. I was already used to Smith’
Colette Wills
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great story

A great story that leaves you wanting more. Mystery, superstition and disguises make this a must read for young adult fantasy readers.
Caitlin
May 25, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jun 04, 2016 06:58PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please update cover 2 20 Nov 14, 2015 01:55AM
Receive updates on new releases from Rachel by subscribing to her newsletter! http://bit.ly/2BBMVrR

Rachel R. Smith lives near Cincinnati, Ohio with her husband and the cutest dog in the world, Sumo. When not writing, she plots to fill the interior of their home with books and mineral specimens and to cover the exterior with roses. Stay up to date on the series and learn more about Rachel by visit
More about Rachel R. Smith

Records of the Ohanzee, (5 books)
  • Reflection: The Stranger in the Mirror (Records of the Ohanzee #1)
  • Reflection: Thorn of the White Rose (Records of the Ohanzee, #3)
  • Reflection: Dragon's Bane (Records of the Ohanzee, #4)
  • Revenant: The Undead King (Records of the Ohanzee #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99