Start by marking “State of Destruction (Collapse, #7)” as Want to Read:
State of Destruction (Collapse, #7)

State of Destruction

(Collapse #7)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  287 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
NOW AVAILABLE!

The destruction of California is at hand.

Cassidy Hart and Chris Young have survived a dangerous mission into the heart of Sky City, a secret Omega base hidden deep in the mountains, but their vengeance has come with a price. The dark, ominous cloud of nuclear war threatens to destroy everything they love, and they are forced to make one final stand against O
Published by WB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about State of Destruction, please sign up.
Summer Lane It is not the end of the series. There will be 10 books, total. This book is the beginning of the storyline that will wind up the series throughout…moreIt is not the end of the series. There will be 10 books, total. This book is the beginning of the storyline that will wind up the series throughout books 8-10. :) (less)

Summer Lane
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Oh, my! How far we've come in three years! State of Destruction is really the beginning of the end of the Collapse Series, and it takes Cassidy Hart and her comrades into some of the deepest, darkest places they've ever gone before. I hope you enjoy it. :)
Rachel Gregor
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First of all, big thank you for letting me read the advanced copy. This is the series that got me into this genre and no other series has lived up to the Collapse series. The saddest thing is that ever new book is one more closer to the end of the series and then the end of Cassidy Hart. I cannot connect with any character more than her. I cannot get into the Day Zero books as I have gotten into the Collapse books. However, the good thing about new books is...well....NEW BOOKS! I swear I have a ...more
Jessica
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**I received an ARC for my honest review.**
If you don't already know, this is book #7 in a series, and if you haven't read the previous books, you're gonna be lost. I highly encourage everyone to read this series though. Anywho, on to the review!
Book 6 left us with the Angels of Death leaving Sky City, only to walk into a whole new world. A world even more terrifying than what they'd been living and fighting in since Omega invaded North America 2 years before. It seems that Omega finally decided
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recent-favorites
I was given an ARC of this book for an honest review*
This is the 7th book in the Collapse Series, and in my opinion the best one yet. I feel that as the series has gone on Ms. Lane has really refined her writing voice and character development. This book is non stop action and at the same time deep character development. It is darker than the previous books in the series. We see the impact of war and constant trauma on the individual characters, particularly Cassidy and Chris, and the impact of
Brian Palmer
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is absolutely insane. Between the relentless action, harrowing war sequences, and the absolute bottoming out of Cassidy's character as she becomes completely separated from the person she once was, this is without a doubt the darkest entry in this series. Moral gray areas abound as people wrestle with internal conflicts one after the another, and as we watch the militias fight for their lives and start taking the fight to Omega, we begin to see their pure motives begin to crack under t ...more
Traci
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Usually by book #7 of a series I am just skimming through to get to the end because by this time I am super bored of the characters and the same ol' thing happening over and over. BUT!!!!! not this time. These characters are constantly evolving and growing and there is not a boring sentence in this book. I am chomping at the bit for book #8.
Daisha Gallegos
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow wow WOW!

For me, this has been the best book in the Collapse Series. I constantly found myself hurrying through what I was reading just so I could see what was going to happen next. This one is definitely a page turner. Cannot wait for the next one! This really leaves ya hangin'!
Valerie Guevara
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best series yet!

With every book that comes out, it gets better! The tension that is happening with the love story next to the tension of war is great with how the author puts it. It is full of excitement and keeps me at the edge of my seat! I cannot wait for the next one to come out.
Cynthia
Shelves: dystopian
This seventh installment is darker than the others are. Omega is always a few steps ahead... Hope is dream difficult to hold but the team keeps battling on even if the odds are not on their favor... And that's what differentiates them from the Omega! Keep on Summer Lane cannot wait for the next one....
Jamie
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series from beginning to #7..I'm very happy that my time with Cassidy is not over, but now I will have to wait until the next book. This series literally gets better and better and better..I love it. I'd recommend to anyone I know who enjoys reading!
Gwendolyn Cummings
Best

I so enjoyed every book in this series. Can't hardly wait for the next one. You are one of them in the war and survival. Love is happening. Commitment is the first that comes to mind.
Vicki
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pre-ordered so I got it early ( guess that was the reason ) . It was so good, really kept me interested in seeing what was going to happen next. I love this series, can't wait till the next one.
Rob Lammert
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Interesting twists in this book. Not sure where the story will go, but I definitely want to find out! Awaiting book 8!
Sandy Blackwell
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this so much I couldn't put it down. It did catch me off guard with some twists and left me wondering will happen next.
Dave T
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And the suspense continues.

Cassidy is in and out of trouble and survives more than probability would suggest possible but the author keeps making it believable.
Allie Rashkow
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 7 Did NOT Disappoint!

Just like the past six installments of the Collapse Series, State of Destruction, was fantastic! I loved being in the world of Cassidy's again. A world that could so easily be a reality making it all the more terrifying. Omega is as strong as ever but The Militias, Cassidy, will not give up hope. I was enthralled to the very end not only by the action (which was packed in to the max) but also by the character development of Commander Hart, Commander Young, Uriah and th
Celeste
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**I received an ARC for an honest review** OMG! A lot of times when you're seven books into a series it starts to get mundane and/or you're just "done" with it. Not true with this book! Cassidy has been through SO much by now and this book is NO exception! You really are starting to question just how deep Omega is and who is or may be Omega. I don't know where Summer Lane will be taking us next but, I'll definitely be on board to see where this goes. All the while hoping that someday some happin ...more
S.T. Williams
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cassidy Hart and her team are back at it, trying to save the world from Omega one battle at a time. This book definitely gets a little darker than some of it's predecessors and Cassie herself is definitely developing a sharper edge than ever before. I love how real these characters all see, how appropriate their reactions always are to any given situation. I am so ready for the next book in this series, the cliffhangers get me every time.
Donna
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Collapse is real! Such a great series!

I could not be more impressed with a series than Summer Lane's Collapse series. This seventh entry is so very intense. Cassie is struggling for her life, her freedom, her country and her love. It is all going down in the most disastrous struggle yet..

If you have not read this series yet you are missing one of the top apocalypse series of all out there now. So read it and get in on the excitement!
Judith O'brien.
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always edge of seat with Summer Lane books,I can't wait for the next book. Summer writes with an easy to read style and always keeps me reading on to find out what's happening next to the character's. I am also looking forward to the Bravo Saga another gripping series to look forward to.
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So who would have thunk we would be on book 7 and still handing out 5 star reviews..... since I found this series i have been binge reading....
Anna Romero
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
State of destruction

From the very first paragraph of the first book, I was hooked. Summer Lane keeps you interested and I have enjoyed reading the series.
Abigail Ziegler
Dave Riddell
Feb 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Alive (Crave, #1)
  • Control (Kardia Chronicles, #2)
  • The Blockade (First Salik War, #3)
  • Awaken (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #5)
  • Vane (Core #2)
  • The Fire Sisters (Brilliant Darkness, #3)
  • Embraced (The Eternal Balance, #2)
  • Greta and the Lost Army (Mylena Chronicles, #3)
  • Ash (Dragon Souls, #3)
  • Shattered World (Broken World, #2)
  • Heroes Under Siege (Talent Chronicles, #3)
  • Dark Demon Knights (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #4)
  • The Ippos King (Wraith Kings, #3)
  • Mastering the Mistress (Brides of the Kindred, #14.5; Kindred Tales #1)
  • The System (Virulent, #2)
  • Living with the Dead (Famished #3)
  • Wither
  • Hoax (The Scarab Beetle, #5)
Summer Lane is the #1 bestselling author of 22 hit books, including the smash-hit Collapse Series. The final installment of the series, STATE OF HOPE, released June 2017. Summer is also the author of the bestselling adventures of the Zero Trilogy, Bravo Saga, Unbreakable SEAL, Collapse: The Illustrated Guide, and Vigilante. Running with Wolves (historical thriller) was released September 22, 2017. ...more

Collapse (10 books)
  • State of Emergency (Collapse, #1)
  • State of Chaos (Collapse, #2)
  • State of Rebellion (Collapse, #3)
  • State of Pursuit (Collapse, #4)
  • State of Alliance (Collapse, #5)
  • State of Vengeance (Collapse, #6)
  • State of Fear (Collapse Series, #8)
  • State of Allegiance (Collapse #9)
  • State of Hope (Collapse #10)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99