Start by marking “A Notting Hill Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Notting Hill Christmas

A Notting Hill Christmas

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  266 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
"The best novella I've ever read. The funniest read of 2015!" - This Chick Reads

A funny, festive, feel-good romantic comedy novella from Jon Rance, the bestselling author of This Thirtysomething Life, Happy Endings and Sunday Dinners.

One family. A tiny flat in Notting Hill. A beautiful neighbour. A very angry dog. A horny Welshman. An enormous turkey. On the biggest day
Published December 7th 2015

To ask other readers questions about A Notting Hill Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Notting Hill Christmas

Jean
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I admit it. I have been in a post-election funk. But folks, I may have found a feel-better formula that doesn’t come in a bottle or a package. It’s Jon Nance’s novella, A Notting Hill Christmas: A funny, festive, romantic comedy novella

This isn’t an syrupy, saccharine, sentimental Christmas-is-so-lovely story where a perfect family gathers for a fabulous dinner, sings carols, and tells each other how wonderful they all are. Ben Canterbury, a 29-year-old bachelor, has invited his family to his sm
Ana

Originally posted on This Chick Reads

* Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

Chick lit and rom com stage have been always dominated by women, but Jon Rance has found his way and cemented it as, in my opinion, one of the best male rom com and chick lit authors. He's proven that men are perfectly capable of delivering funny and romantic stories, stories that equally can appeal to both men and women. I have nothing but respect for these type of male authors, people who are n
R-Cee*Jay
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chic-lit
A funny,awkward and feel-good story! Enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone who is a fan of chic-lit!
Tony Ciaravino
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Quick funny story about the not so favorite child, his determination to impress his family at Christmas, his crazy flat mate and an unexpected romance. Fast read but felt like it needed a little more meat.
Maryann Pasda DiEdwardo
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Personal

The personal style in this book is charming . I really like the way the author uses specific scenes to tell us about how the narrator is experiencing Christmas . It makes me relate to my own memories of specific Christmas days too. Memory is really important to capture and Jon does that .
Kristi
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So funny!

If you never read another book by this author, read A Notting Hill Christmas. You will be pleasantly surprised by the great humor and the genuine affection in this book. It's a novella so of course it's not book length per se, but the story itself is tightly woven, colorfully told, and just plain fun. Enjoy it!
Judy
This was a cute, quick novella about a guy who decides to have family Christmas at his flat in Notting Hill, even though he is the least successful of his family (monetarily at least). Lots of crazy mayhem ensues, but in the process he meets his new next door neighbor and falls for her, while figuring out that all is not running smoothly for the rest of his family either.
mindy
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A lovely read!

Great humor, depth and nuance for a short novel.

All the things that make us crazy about family but remind us why we love them.

Beautifully framed within 22 hours on one of the most magical and stressful days of the year.
Dani Lott
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Exceeded my expectations!

I did actually laugh out loud while reading this, which doesn't happen that often! A really enjoyable read, likeable characters and warm ending. Going to read more from this author.
Isabella
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this novella in one go, it was impossible to put it down!
I like his writing style, and the characters.
The perfect Christmas rom com.
carol taylor
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Festive fun

Enjoyed this it made me laugh and I loved getting to know the characters well worth a read this is my family to a t
Angela K  Long
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute, quick holiday read

If you are in the mood for a Christmas-themed read with humor and romance, set in Hugh Grant rom-com territory, you should enjoy this novella.
Louise Welsh
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
loved this book! funny, couldn't put it down!
Barb
Brianne
Dec 11, 2016
Faith
Feb 12, 2016
Jon Rance is the author of seven novels: the Kindle top ten bestseller, This Thirtysomething Life, Happy Endings (both published by Hodder and Stoughton), This Family Life, Sunday Dinners, Dan And Nat Got Married, About Us, and The Summer Holidays Survival Guide. He's also the author of the Christmas novella, A Notting Hill Christmas.

Jon studied English Literature at Middlesex University, London,