Start by marking “One Enchanted Christmas” as Want to Read:
One Enchanted Christmas

One Enchanted Christmas

(Enchanted Christmas #1)

Last December, mystery author Maren Grant had the most perfect night of her life. On a glimmering winter evening, she got to watch the photo shoot for her very first book and ended up on a magical date with the cover model himself—Colin Renwycke.

Fast forward one year. This December, with a looming deadline, restless spirit and her creative spark long since gone, Maren is
Published December 8th 2015 (first published December 2015)

To ask other readers questions about One Enchanted Christmas, please sign up.
Melissa Tagg Such a great question! The only problem...I'm not sure. LOL! I'm writing Colin's story next year...he was actually originally supposed to be the hero…moreSuch a great question! The only problem...I'm not sure. LOL! I'm writing Colin's story next year...he was actually originally supposed to be the hero of this book but then Drew showed up and tugged on my heart so much that he stole the story. I have a tiny inkling of what might happen to Colin, but I won't know for sure until I actually write his story. :D(less)

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
3.5 stars. Kindle freebie romance time again (except now it will set you back 99c) with a Christmas theme that caught my attention.

description

Our heroine, Maren, is an author starting a series about a smart (and hot) detective, and she's just sold the first book. When she sees Colin Renwycke, the cover model the publisher has chosen, she's in insta-love -- and it's compounded when Colin takes her on a fabulous date after the photo shoot. He casually invites her to spend some time writing her next book at
Aerykah
Wow. What a pleasant surprise!
I mean, I did expect an enjoyable read -- this is one of Melissa Tagg's books, after all! ;) -- but I was still taken by surprise by how much I really enjoyed this book! If you know me well, you know that I'm not real big on Christmas books. I like them, sure, but I don't often truly love them. Well, I think I may have to officially name this as my favorite Christmas book.
And can I just go ahead and call it quirky? Because it was. And I really like that!

I loved the
m a r y l i z
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Re-Read December 2018:

I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH MY GOSH.

Can I just say that Maren and Drew are my ultimate OTP?? And the setting and writing and narrator comments and and and *flails*

(This story is so magical. It makes me smile. <3)

I lowered my rating a tad this time. Not because I didn't enjoy it as much but because the typos were more distracting than last time. Still, I can tell reading it is going to become an annual tradition. ;)

4.5 stars!

/ / /

Where has this been all my life??

This was f
Beth
Nobody does contemporary romance quite like Melissa Tagg. I have yet to read one of her stories that I didn't like, and although One Enchanted Christmas is a novella, and novellas don't usually get five stars from me, I loved this story. From the setting to the Christmas-y feel, this was as close to perfect as a novella can be for me. The romance was a sweet, quirky one, and Maren and Drew are lovable, believable characters.

It was nice touch that the story had a narrator. It was a nice way to m
Jane
4.8 stars - very mild pg13 - 118 pages

Warning: major overuse of "love", "!!", and "oh my gosh!".

Notes made during Chapter 1: Oh my gosh! Love this book!! Love narrator - she's hysterical! Heroine is an adorable nut (in a good way); I can totally imagine her as one of my friends.

Notes made during Chapter 2: Oh my gosh! If all Melissa Tagg's stories and characters are this delightful and captivating, I need to start downloading and start reading!

More notes as reading: Love the writing style. Love
Anne
I'm very, very disappointed that I didn't enjoy this more as I was perfectly ready to fall in love with Melissa Tagg's world and characters (and I really thought I would!), but this was just "meh" for me.

I wasn't swept up into it :(
I didn't love the characters :(
I don't have a burning desire to continue the series :(

I really thought it'd be one of those books, you know? One of those authors, whose plot, characters, and setting are just so irresistible and wonderful that you can't help but wan
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
What a fun novella for the holidays! I loved the cute, quippy narration interjected by the author (reminded me of Lorelai Gilmore); it was a creative way to move forward in scenes. I think I would only enjoy it in a novella though, and she did taper it off partway through which was good to not break up the pacing of the story during the best parts. The dynamics of Drew's family were interesting as they shifted and were impacted by transition. I enjoyed the contrast between brooding Drew and ligh ...more
Andrea Cox
Dec 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: challenges-2017
by Andrea Renee Cox

If there wasn't one instance of profanity and half of an expletive phrase in this book, it would have received three stars instead of one from me.

That being said, this book was a cute romance that made me smile and chuckle. I liked how deep each chapter dug into the lives of Maren and Drew. The supporting cast was great and the setting superb. This story made me feel like pulling out all my Christmas CDs and having an extended sing-along session.

A few things bothered me and pu
Kathy Jo
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

December 2017:

I am SO glad I added this onto my Christmas Swoon Fest list! It's still super cute and I still love it! I have a feeling this series is going to be a must read every year!

January 2016:

Maren is in a rut. With a deadline for her second book looming in the not so distant future, she is desperate to find her inspiration anywhere she can. With thoughts of: "Is she a one book wonder?" "Was the first book just a fluke?", she decides to take Colin up on his year old open invitat
Maria
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Getting a crush on the model chosen for the cover of your own book is quite baffling, but leaving to Iowa, one year after you met him in person and talked to him just once, hoping to meet him again is completely crazy! Maren Grant is willing to do anything to live her big, romantic moment and, in just two weeks, she will find out that the best ending for her personal story is the unexpected one!

Every time I finish reading a story by Melissa Tagg I find myself smiling like a fool. Whatever she wr
Rachael
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m not huge on Novellas, but I saw the word “Christmas “and had to read. I haven’t felt like Christmas lately so needed a bit of inspiration.

This is a cute, adorable, and fun read. I love the idea of the narrator!

Highly enjoyable read that has a greatChristmas feel to it! 💗 Great characters, fun scenes, romance, and Christmas. How can one go wrong with that?
Brittany
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It can be a challenge for an author to create a novella that truly captures the personalities of the characters, contains deep and memorable scenes, and leaves the reader feeling as if they have read a full story when they reach the end. I’m thrilled to say that One Enchanted Christmas not only meets, but exceeds those criteria.

This wonderful novella had me laughing and really enjoying myself. The author uses endearing people, situations which range from fun to heartfelt, and a great narrator’s
Kelly
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella, 2017
Such a fun, feel good, Christmas book! And it's free too! Well at least it was when I got it yesterday!
Olivia
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4.5 stars!
Jacob Proffitt
Dec 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: chaste, romance
This was . . . okay? It's a short romance and not terribly complicated. And it did the job and fit my mood. But I couldn't help feeling the characters and setting were, I don't know, flat?

Take Maren. She's an author whose first book got a surprise publishing contract with a real, live photo shoot for the cover. In the publishing Mecca of Minneapolis. Not to bag on Minneapolis, but that seems kind of unlikely to me. As does her first book being such a knock-out success that a random thirteen year
Rachel McMillan
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A winsome slice of Christmas cheer wrapped around a unique spin. What would happen if a romance author fell in love with her cover model? What would happen if that tingly hook took the action to snow-swooshed Maple Valley-- a kind of Stars Hollow with a classic hollywood twist as is Tagg's established brand?

Herein, we meet Maren, a buoyant and spunky voice who will remind you of your favourite Irene Dunne moment. Fiercely intelligent and still relatable and likeable Maren isn't sure how to balan
Chantel
This was my first book I've read by Melissa Tagg and all I have to say is... I want to read more from this author!!!
I hope she makes a series off of this novella, it was just that good. :-)

If your a fan of Becky Wade and Jenny B. Jones I think this would be the perfect novella for you. <3
Melanie
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I loved this sweet little novella!! The story was so cute and I loved the "narrator" part of the book. Recommend!!
Emilie Hendryx
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, novella, holiday
I just loved this little story! I say little since it's a novella but it really had a "full fledged novel" feel to it that I really enjoyed. Plus, it's set at Christmas which is my favorite time of year so...

Having started in on Melissa's new series with From the Start I was able to relate to some of the familiar scenery. I loved her incorporation of some of the characters from From the Start but yet her ability to make One Enchanted Christmas its own story.

I easily fell in love with Maren - h
Hannah
This book is most definitely unconventional. I doubt many authors could have pulled off this style and made me love every minute of the ride, but Melissa Tagg is definitely brilliant. I enjoy her stories more every time--and, considering that I rated her debut novel (Made to Last) 4 stars, that says a lot.

I loved all the characters in this story. It was fun to go back to Maple Valley and get a taste of the small-town life at Christmas. But it was the relationship between Maren and Drew that had
Dana
This book lived up to its name enchanting. I loved the voice in this book it was great. I found myself at moments laughing out loud. But also there were moments that weren't so funny as the characters worked through their "stuff". I loved this book and would recommend it to any romance lover, Melissa Tagg lover or someone that wants to discover a new author or have a fun quick read to read in between the big ones!
Olivia
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
{3.5 stars}

A good Christmas read. Love the feel of the book and the sweetness of the story. I could have used more of a Christian theme and as most novella's go it could have been extended a bit more. Also, at one point a guy and a girl fall alseep on a bench and didn't wake up until morning. No insuation of a intimate interaction, but I still didn't like that. It wasn't a surprising read-a little like some Hallmark movies-but of course it ends happy :)
Lydia (Overweight Bookshelf)
Quirky narration makes this Christmas novella a charming read.
Claire Banschbach
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
For a person who says she doesn't read romance, I have a ginormous soft spot for Melissa Tagg's books and all things Maple Valley. Loved this and it was completely adorable. It's short enough to read in one sitting. And I might have identified with Maren a lot on the subject of having strong attachments to several of my characters. :P Fun read and I hope we get more of the Renwykes!
Katie W
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
(4.5 Stars) I love the premise--an author falls for her main character, hence, falls for the cover model. Brilliant! Who hasn't had a little crush on a fictional character before?

Maren was lucky enough to go to the photo shoot for her book and ends up going on an enchanted date with Colin, the cover model. Almost a whole year has passed and she can't quit thinking about that open-ended invitation sent via postcard--a chance to go to his family's abandoned farmhouse to write. She could definitel
Courtney Clark
Shelves: christmas
Melissa just makes me smile with her clever prose, the normalness (is that even a word? We’re going with it here.) of her characters, and the laugh-out-loud situations her characters find themselves in. I literally laughed while reading this one!

Case in point: check out this line concerning the fashionable-yet-not-warm-for-snow attire of our main character, Maren. “But a girl didn’t meet a man who might be the love of her life dressed like an Eskimo”- chapter 1. That ought to make you smile!

Besi
Tara
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute read...perfect for the week Christmas. I loved the characters (and look forward to reading Colin's story! And hopefully she'll write one for Leigh...poor girl needs a HEA) and the story flowed so well. Side note: I loved the way the narrator would stop and talk to the reader at certain points. So fun!

I will have to check out more of Ms Tagg's books! I really enjoyed her writing style.
Faith
*happy sigh* Slow in the beginning and not that amazing at times, but this story ended up being much better than I expected. Super sweet romance <3
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Super cute novella. Loved the inspiration behind this one. :) I wanted more! Melissa Tagg is one of my fave's and I was so excited to read this. Can't wait for what comes next! Clean. :)
Jen.
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle
This was my first time reading anything by Melissa Tagg and it certainly won't be my last! This was a cute story with lovable characters!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Proposal (Porter Family #3.5)
  • Bespoke: A Tiny Christmas Tale
  • Christmas at the Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Island Dreams, #3.5)
  • Twist of Fate
  • Feels Like Love (Christmas in Snow Valley #2)
  • Merry's Christmas: a love story (Redeeming Romance Series Book 1)
  • Can't Help Falling
  • Somebody Like You
  • Charming the Troublemaker (Mitchell's Crossroads #2)
  • Giver of Wonders: How a Christmas Tradition Began (A Visibullis Story)
  • The Christmas Eve Kiss (Christmas in Snow Valley #4)
  • The Christmas Star
  • A (kinda) Country Christmas
  • A December Bride (A Year of Weddings, #1)
  • The Hesitant Heiress (The Everstone Chronicles, #1)
  • Blue Christmas (Christmas in Snow Valley #6)
  • Oh, the Weather Outside Is Frightful (Montana Fire Christmas)
  • To Have and to Hold: Three Autumn Love Stories
Melissa Tagg is the award-winning author of the popular Walker Family series, the Where Love Begins series and the Enchanted Christmas Collection. She's a former reporter, current nonprofit grant writer and total Iowa girl.

Melissa's recent releases include a Carol Award Winner (One Enchanted Noel), an RT Book Reviews TOP PICK (All This Time) and a Publishers Weekly Spring Top Ten Pick (Like Never

Enchanted Christmas (3 books)
  • One Enchanted Eve (Enchanted Christmas Collection #2)
  • One Enchanted Noël (Enchanted Christmas Collection #3)
“For the record, Maren voted hot. Drew voted cold. They both voted a la mode. Because, honestly, what's the point of pie without ice cream?” 3 likes
“It’s…it’s not even just that all the Starbursts were pink, but also the fact that that’s my favorite flavor.” 1 likes