Start by marking “The Children's Horrible House” as Want to Read:
The Children's Horrible House

The Children's Horrible House

Holly Spinatsch, a curious and rebellious tomboy, was forewarned by her siblings that if she didn't make her bed, she would be taken away to The Children’s Horrible House...and indeed she was.
On her search for kinship in this seemingly haunted jail like mansion, she discovers a mystery lurking and breathing, crying out for discovery.
However, when she and her friends
ebook
Published November 10th 2015 by N. Jane Quackenbush-Author

To ask other readers questions about The Children's Horrible House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Children's Horrible House

Start your review of The Children's Horrible House
Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the cutest book! I have had this book on my shelf for about a year. I finally pulled it off and gave it a read. I met the author I believe at Utopia last year and picked this book up. I wish I would have got the series. I loved this book.

I starts with a small girl that her mother told her to make her bed and she tried and tried to get help from her siblings to help her. She was warned by them that if she didn't make the bed, she would go the Children's Horrible House. It was too late.
Jillian
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 3rd graders and up!
The Children Horrible House was a non stop adventure. My son and I started reading it together but I couldn't wait to see what happens I ended up finishing it before him. Each twist I encountered surprised me and left me wanting to know more! I highly recommend this book to either read with your child or on your own! I can’t wait to read book number two!
Andréa Boone
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Super cute kids book
Trisha Perry
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book about what happens to children that won't make their beds or clean their rooms. They get sent by their parent to The Children's Horrible House for their disobedience where they are retrained by staff like Major Whoopins, and Director S. Pankins to make beds and clean rooms to perfection as well as be trained in astronomy, horticulture, and meteorology. You can follow this wonderful adventure Holly has gotten herself into along with her friend Coriander, that she met on the ...more
Olivia Williford (LivTheBookNerd)
e-book copy sent to me for an honest review

3 stars

Full review to come on www.livthebooknerd.blogspot.com

Pretty decent book. I didn't feel very connected with the characters or the story. The magic was barely touched on, and the whole setting was very 2D. The characters were so eh and I only really liked the early chapters about Saffron but about half way through those chapters, it got boring. The language was much too old for it to be a younger child and the words that Holly used were hardly
Jaimie Engle
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the kind of book that reminds me of my childhood. It's complete with beautiful imagery, imagination, scary (but not too scary) settings and adults behaving badly, clever lure, and heart that makes me think about little Holly long after I've finished reading her story. This is a wonderful book that should be on every child's bookshelf so they can read it again and again.
Phuong X Vu
Aug 07, 2017
N. Quackenbush
Sep 15, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Apr 17, 2016
Trisha Perry
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing

3 stars

Full review to come on www.livthebooknerd.blogspot.com

Jillian
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 3rd graders and up!
Andréa Boone