Start by marking “Squirrel Me Timbers” as Want to Read:
Squirrel Me Timbers

Squirrel Me Timbers

(Fiction Picture Books)

Ahoy mateys! A young squirrel has always dreamed of sailing the seas as a pirate. So when he finds a treasure map, he can't believe his luck! X marks the spot of ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND NUTS! Set sail for adventure with vibrant illustrations and imaginative rhyming text to discover how exciting a pirate's life can be!
Published April 1st 2016 by Capstone Young Readers (first published January 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Squirrel Me Timbers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Squirrel Me Timbers

Cheryl Gladfelter
Awesome story about a pirate squirrel who finds a treasure map that'll lead him to nuts. A fun read aloud.
Ashlea
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***All questions answered by my 4 year old***

Do you like this book?
Yeah! Because the Squirrel is a pirate!!

What's your favorite part of the book?
When the squirrel found the nuts! Because they're circles and they're not flat!
And I love the pirate hat, I have a pirate hat! And the crocodile and the ghost fish with spikes are scary!

What do you think of the cover?
I love the squirrel with the pirate hat and the silly "sword"!

Do you want me to read it again?
Yeah, but next time.

What Momma Thinks...
T
Nikki
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed reading this one to my little one as its all in rhyme. I think he liked my pirate voice too.
Bruce Gargoyle
I received a digital copy of this title from the publisher via Netgalley.

Ten Second Synopsis:

A pirate squirrel must follow a map to discover buried treasure. Will the treasure live up to his expectations? And what’s a squirrel to do with all that booty?

If you are a bit over the whole pirate thing that seems to be booming in children’s books these days, I can guarantee that adding in a squirrely twist livens things up nicely. The rhymes are a little awkward to read aloud at times, but the cheeky
Liz Todd
Love the ending! Squirrel history!
Sharon Tyler
Squirrel Me Timbers by Louise Pigott is a picturebook which is currently scheduled for release on April 1 2016. A young squirrel has always dreamed of sailing the seas as a pirate. So when he finds a treasure map, he can t believe his luck! An X marks the spot of 100,000 NUTS! He sets off on an adventure to follow the map and find the treasure.

Squirrel Me Timbers is a cute picture book about a young squirrel that has always dreamed of more. When he sets off on his adventure he discovers that th
Sandra
Sammy is a squirrel and considers himself a pirate. He "sails" the forest looking for pirate affairs. And one day it finally happens, Sammy finds a treasure map! The X marks the spot where hundreds of nuts are. Sammy is ready to go! A trip full of dangers and adventures is waiting for him ahead, but Sammy triumphantly goes through them all having always in mind the hundreds of nuts in the spot marked with the X.
What at disappointment when he finally reaches the spot and not even one nut is ther
Storywraps
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sammy the squirrel dreams of sailing the seas and thinks he's a pirate...at least that's what he says! He amazingly finds a treasure map on the ground and lo and behold a huge red X marks the exact location of guess what? Hundreds of nuts. Now how can Sammy say no to a pirate plot that was made in heaven... a treasure trove of nuts ripe for the taking? It's a little squirrel's dream indeed!

Sammy the squirrel is energetic, he's on a mission and he is definitely going to make this happen. The pace
Pop Bop
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
So, Why Not A Squirrel Pirate?

The squirrel is peppy, the rhymes are clever, the storytelling is brisk, and the whole thing is sort of raucous fun.

This is a high energy number as we follow Squirrel through a huge assortment of adventures as he searches for pirate treasure. It's a little manic and almost breathless, so I don't know if I'd pull this one off the shelf at bedtime, but for loud active rhyming fun this could be just the thing. Squirrel is drawn in an appealing fashion and the action is
Jezire C Akin

I received this from netgalley.com and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this selection. Children's books have really been great this year and seem to be headed in an awesome direction in 2016! I love the squirrels and the pirates and all the mishaps and adventures that took place.

It was fun and I could see this being read in a kindergarten classroom and kids participating and enjoying the rhyming rhythm of the text. So awesome.

Overal
Krista (MoonDustBookLust)
Squirrel Me Timbers follows a squirrel who thinks he is a pirate. He finds a treasure map that marks a treasure of many nuts. Along his journey to find where X marks the spot he meets a few bumps in the road... or well....sea. When he finally makes it to the the spot he finds nothing, becomes up set then gets knocked by a falling object, a nut. When he looks up he finds SO MANY nuts up in the trees. His ancestors buried their nut treasure years ago that grew into trees.

I really liked this child
Kate Puleo Unger
Mar 23, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was cute, but it's really for younger readers. Squirrel finds a map to buried treasure - nuts, of course. The reader is repeatedly reminded that X marks the spot, which seemed a little unnecessary for an older reader. It just didn't appeal to me as much at this stage, with my son being almost 6.

The illustrations were fun. But the rhyming was a little forced and difficult to read at times. The message at the end, about acorns growing into trees when they're buried, was a little random,
A Reader's Heaven

Ahoy mateys! A young squirrel has always dreamed of sailing the seas as a pirate. So when he finds a treasure map, he can’t believe his luck! X marks the spot of ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND NUTS! Set sail for adventure with vibrant illustrations and imaginative rhyming text to discover how exciting a pirate’s life can be!
For ages 3-6.

Funny! A squirrel pirate (at least, that's what he says) in search of the treasure m
Mary Luzader
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Sammy the squirrel wants to be a pirate, even though he doesn't live near a sea. But when he finds a treasure map leading to what he believes will be a bounty of nuts, he goes on an adventure. The map takes Sammy through some scary situations, and when he gets to where X marks the spot, all he finds is a forest. What he doesn't realize is that the treasure that was buried many years ago had grown into a treasure of trees.

This books is a fun tale helping children learn about maps, perseverance, a
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A young squirrel has always dreamed of sailing the seas as a pirate. So when he finds a treasure map, he can t believe his luck! An X marks the spot of 100,000 nuts! He sets off on an adventure to follow the map and find the treasure.

The journey isn't quite as easy as our young hero expected. And the treasure he finds is not quite as imagined either, though incredibly delicious! The cadence of this rhyming story is perfect for upbeat story times.

I received this e-Arc from the publisher via NetGa
Richelle Zirkle
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable tale tells the story of young Sammy the squirrel who fancies himself a Pirate! When Sammy finds a treasure map, he sets his mind to follow the course and encounters many obstacles along his path. A crocodile, a stinky ship and some thistles can't stop Sammy! This is a treasure he is determined to find.

My toddler and I loved the bright, fun illustrations, and the cadence of the rhyme that tells the story was perfect for keeping his attention.

I received an ARC in exchange for my honest r
Gina
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from NetGalley. The illustrations have good color and good design and do a great job of conveying a pirate theme. The story has a good rhyming format and it a lot of fun. I laughed several times. The book also includes some cause and effect and science which I liked. There's adventure, jokes, expressions of emotion, and lots of fun. An all around great story for the PreK-2 set and a good read aloud choice. Also a good gift.
Jason Stanley
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This fun book for children ages 3-6 from author and illustrator Louise Pigott, is a joy and delight! The main character is a squirrel and a pirate! The story has a nice rhythm and rhyme to it, making it enjoyable for children younger than 3 to listen to.

Sammy the squirrel sets out to discover the buried treasure of endless acorns (he is a squirrel, after all).

Read more at http://jasoncstanley.com/book-review-...
Hil
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Review from Raising Fairies and Knights

This is a fun story about a squirrel who is following a treasure map to reach a treasure of nuts. He encounters other fun adventures along the way. It was a little spooky at one part, but did not scare my daughter too much. Very cute story and anyone interested in pirates will enjoy this.

Carla Johnson-Hicks
This book is so funny. If you love pirates, you will love Squirrel Me Timbers. This young squirrel, Sammy, finds a treasure map and heads off to find the treasure which he hopes will be a cache of leaves. He has adventures on the way told in rhyme accompanied by wonderful illustrations. The treasure at the end is not what I expected, but it was a great ending.

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.
Christine
I received an ecopy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Gosh this was cute! I read storytimes to preschoolers at my workplace (a public library) and I think this would really go over well. The rhymes, the pictures and Sammy himself are just right for little ones. It's funny and smart and the pictures are great. I will be using this in storytime!
Melissa
This book absolutely cracked me up! Who would have thought to have a pirate-squirrel crossover?? Brilliant. This hilarious little story has Sammy the pirate-squirrel hunting for a bounty of nut-treasure.

Having just had a conversation with my husband about how squirrels bury nuts for winter but then forget about them, I loved the twist at the end!
Yvonne
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very adorable Pirate story. I thought the cover was cute and the graphics were great. I really liked the poem rhythm aspect of the book. The story itself was a perfect length. The best part was that my daughter loved it. She made me read it twice in a row.
I got this book for free from netgalley to read for my honest review. The opinions in this review are 100% my own.
Angie
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The rhyme stayed on point throughout the entire story, and the moving plot made for a quick pace. I can't wait to read this one aloud! It would be great for storytime. Preschoolers love pirates, and who can resist that adorable Sammy the squirrel?

Full disclosure: I received this ARC through netgalley.
Cariadne
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fun rhyme and images, decently layout. However, what I think made this ok for me was I would have liked more variety on the line about x the spot. The line which was used throughout the rhyme got stale. Also, the treasure ending was cute, but so-so and not as clever or wow as I was hoping.
Lisa
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun and exciting book, I could see myself reading this for a storytime or something fun like that. The story was adventurous and the pictures were spot on and entertaining. I got so many ideas that come with this book.
Angel
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute story of a squirrel that see's himself as a pirate. When he finds a treasure map he has adventures to the end. But at the end, his bounty is questionable. Enjoyable. Very nice illustrations throughout! Reviewed through NetGalley for an honest review.
Amy
An energetic and hopeful squirrel sets out on a treasure hunt in which 'X' marks the spot. Told with solid rhyme and humor, and surrounded by detailed pictures that beg multiple viewings, this book is sure to be a read-aloud favorite at home and at school.
Rachel
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I received this book through NetGalley.
This was a cute story. I loved the pictures. The squirrels adventure as he searched for the treasure was comical at times. I think young kids would enjoy this book.

Fiction Picture Books (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Do Not Take Your Dragon to Dinner