Start by marking “Hold You Against Me (Stripped, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hold You Against Me (Stripped, #4)

Hold You Against Me

(Stripped #4)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  1,774 Ratings  ·  229 Reviews
Once upon a time the daughter of a mafia king fell in love with a foot soldier.

This fairy tale didn’t have a happy ending.

My sister and I barely managed to escape alive, and we’ve lived in relative hiding ever since. I’m safe now, but I can never forget the boy who gave his life to save mine.

Except there’s a chance that he’s still alive. And he’s fighting a war.

Even knowin
Published May 31st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Hold You Against Me, please sign up.
Melissa Yes, but there are some references to the other books in the series. You don't have to read the others though. I haven't read them all.

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Skye Warren" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Hold You Against Me
SERIES: (Stripped, #4)
AUTHOR: Skye Warren
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: May 31st, 2016

MY RATING
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A Slow burning second chance romance

I was assured by the author that this could be read as a standalone, mafia reads are one of my all time fav weaknesses when it comes to this genre so I am so keen to see what journey she takes me on with this book.

Once up
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)

I can distinctly remember my feelings of desolation and confusion when I finished Tough Love, the series prequel, and immediately went in to Love the Way You Lie only to find that it was not more of Clara and Giovanni's story, but the story of her sister, Honor. I loved that bo
Candace
I had been waiting for Giovanni and Clara's story ever since reading 'Tough Love'. With each new book in the series, I hoped that it would be their story. Talk about leaving me hanging! Finally, I got the story I've craved since the very beginning!

For those that had forgotten, or didn't read 'Tough Love', the prequel novella was provided at the beginning of the book. At first, I panicked, thinking that the original novella had just been retired and I wasn't getting the story I'd waited for after
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: kerry
Oh My God.. Gio!!

Wow, where to start? The amazing plot? The outstanding writing? Or the fantastic Characters?

The plot... wow, it blew me away, this storyline had me gripped from the get go and never let go... it was truly outstanding..

The outstanding writing? Skye managed to let us feel as though we were part of Gio and Clara's world..

The characters, The life Clara grew up in, the neglect and abuse she suffered, yet she is this amazingly strong character, I loved her!

Gio, oh Gio, my heart broke
Kimberly
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 'I want to be your darkest everything.' stars.

.....Giovanni is my secret,
a shard of glass buried so deep in my soul.....
it would kill me to remove it.

I have been waiting for Clara and Gio's story since I read Tough Love back in March of 2015, and let me say it was so worth the wait. Clara is an art major and she just finished a big project for The Grand that could make or break her career. She has her own place and a boyfriend, trying to live her life like a normal college student. But no m
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Hold You Against Me
Characters: 5
Plot: 5
Scorching Level: 5
HEA: Not telling.

I have been waiting for Giovanni's story for a while!!! I was so excited for this book and I wasn't disappointed!
We met Giovanni and Clara in Tough Love and this book takes our characters in a tumultuous ride full of darkness, danger and endless love!!!
Skye
Courtenay Bennett
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“I would have gone to my grave never knowing a woman if I hadn’t taken you.”

Please give me just a moment to gather my thoughts because WOW! I mean, where do I even begin? I literally just finished and I definitely feel the need to recount my feels. Right. This. Minute. So, I'm going to apologize in advance if I'm haphazard.

Have you ever woken up in the morning and just known that the day was going to be a good one? The sky is clear and blue, but it's not too hot and not too cold. Everything is b
warhawke
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who likes lighter version of dark and mob story
Genre: Dark Romance
Type: Standalone Book 4 from Stripped series
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Clara Moretti was born a royalty - a mafia royal. As daughter of the Capo, both her and her sister's lives were planned out regardless of their willingness. A boy she was in love with helped them escaped their father's clutches. Years later, she's living a normal life but she never forgotten the boy she left behind.

Giovanni Costas was the son of a lowly foot soldier. When he stayed behind after hel
Bex | TotallyBex.com
★★ 4.5 stars! ★★

Hold You Against Me is the book I have been waiting for in the Stripped series. Ever since I read the novella, Tough Love, I have been dying to find out what happens in Giovanni and Clara’s story. I am so happy that we finally get the answers we've wanted for so long in Hold You Against Me. It’s the perfect ending to the series and may I just say, it’s also the most romantic book of the bunch.

Clara and Giovanni were torn apart when they were only 15 and 17. After living on the ru
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
★★★★4 Lost Love Stars★★★★

photo PicsArt_05-27-12.15.58_zpspq9ldimn.jpg

" The family changes people. We may not newborn evil, but we turn that way if we stay".

Well I can definetely say the Mafia does know how to deliver one hell of a action packed drama when it comes to being in "The Family" and blood or not, you will never forget the tale of Giovanni and Clara. These two had a story long in the making and I'm glad I got to witness all the ups and downs of their journey to finding each other again.

Being the young daughter of one of the m
Amanda
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Gio and Clara's story is finally here! For those who have been following this series since the prequel, Tough Love, I'm sure you have been dying to get your hand on this. I can't believe Skye Warren make us wait until Book 4 to give us Gio and Clara. For those who have not read Tough Love, don't fret, the author is kind enough to include the novella in the beginning of this book as well.

Ever since fleeing the mafia life and living in hiding with her sister, Clara Moretti had been trying to move
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ I like

I don’t “do” Mafia novels … well that’s neither a new statement nor is it an interesting on. Except maybe when you consider that I just read “Hold You Against Me” (Stripped #4) by Skye Warren and I am trying now to gather my thoughts and feelings about it.

My feelings concerning mafia stories were born in my childhood when they were all over the television, they were violent, cold and dirty. There was never an ounce of real love in them and I could never even begin to understand why someone woul
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Fairy tale Monster Stars

Fairy tales aren’t for the girls who have a choice. They’re for the girls shoved into corners, trapped in darkness, bent over desks. Places where hope is an act of bravery. Where believing in love is an act of rebellion. Fairy tales are for girls who dream of happy endings, knowing they might not live to see tomorrow.

I loved the conclusion to this beautiful story. Tough Love, the prequel to this series is where we first meet Giovanni and Clara. It was also my first
Sammy- Just Let Me Read
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Skye Warren delivered another amazing book in the Stripped series with Hold You Against Me. Warren's writing is filled with intensity and emotion that brings life to the story and its characters. Gio and Clara's story is a passionate, thrilling, and darkly delicious ride that left me breathless until the very end. Clara escaped the stifling mafia life she grew up in with the help of Gio, a son of one of her father's foot soldiers. She has believed him to be dead for years, only to find he is ver ...more
Jane Stewart
DNF. I read more than half and couldn’t take it.

This is the type of 1st person point-of-view writing that I don’t like. All the conflict is in the head of the heroine - not enough happening outside her head. It’s internal angst, grief, worry, and mental ponderings.

The Kindle book includes the prequel novella “Tough Love” and the regular book “Hold You Against Me.” It’s all one story so I’m talking about both of them together.

(view spoiler)
Cristina•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“Fairy tales are for girls who dream of happy endings, knowing they might not live to see tomorrow”
- Clara

* * *
“I want even more than this. I want forever.”
- Clara

* * *
“I mean that you’re everything, the end and the beginning. I’ve never touched another woman, never wanted to. It was always going to be you or nothing at all.”
- Giovanni

* * *
“Having you would solidify my standing with the family…but the truth is I took you for myself. Because I wanted you. I wanted you the entire time, and in
Brenda
I am pretty sure that will be Clara & Gio's story.

................................................................................................................................................................................

Gio long lost Clara's love come back from the dead and seems to reasamble nothing from the person that he was.

Clara is doing art and dating yet she does not feel happy or that she doing the right thing. Everybody is happy but not her. So is kidnapped by Gio and they hav
Kristine
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book with Clara and Gio. It was definitely worth the wait for this one to come out. The plot of the book was excellent.

This one was dark romance at its finest.

Clara is the Mafia Princess and an art major at Uni. She has become independent and moved out of Honor and Kip’s house. She constantly remembers Giovanni and draws him but she thinks he is dead based on an obituary announcement. She has a boyfriend who is a major jerk and you really see how growing up in her “father’s” house d
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
description

*Tough Love and Hold You Against Me*

“I’m someone else now, someone darker. Someone you don’t want to know.”

We do love our Mafia romance reads, there’s just something about a tortured hero with a ruthless side and a touch of vulnerability, a man who will sacrifice anything for the woman he loves, a dark tale with danger and suspense in plentiful supply. When that’s brought to life by an author whose words and stories continually captivate us, we know to buckle in for one fabulous ride.

‘Suddenly
Naksed
May 22, 2016 marked it as dnf

DNF at 80%.

I really loved some of Skye Warren's earlier dark erotic romance books. Just really dug her writing style and the plausible first person narrative of her characters even when the plots took some outlandish twists and turns. Lately, with this Stripped series, I have just been left underwhelmed.

I was looking forward to Hold You Against Me because Tough Love, the novella that precedes it chronologically (and which is reproduced as a prologue in this book) whetted my appetite for a full
Jan
GRIPPING MAFIA ROMANCE

Part 1 Tough Love to be read first (Free Novella ) http://www.amazon.com/Tough-Love-Roma...

A story about the sacrifices we make for love...

I sneak out of my room every night. My father's guards don't see me. My sister doesn't see me. No one sees me, except him.

He's the son of a mafia foot soldier. My father is the boss. I shouldn't even know Giovanni. And I definitely shouldn't kiss him. Our relationship is doomed to fail, but that won't stop me from trying.

Not every gi
Marishka
All of the books after the first one are darkish but no were close to as dark as #1. I'm a little let down but they are still very enjoyable. This one even has a Virgin Hero and while he does bad things he actually kinda sweet.

"I mean that you're everything, the end and the beginning. I've never touched another woman, never wanted to. It was always going to be you or nothing at all."

Safety - Both virgins. She was dating someone in the beginning of the book.
Corrine Pickering
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

Hold You Against Me - Skye Warren

### 5 Hashtags ###

This book follows on from the Tough Love novella, which I hadn't read ... why ? how did I miss this ? Well from the first few pages I was completely captivated, loving every minute - one of those books you want to savour and seriously never want it to end.

Gio and Clara's story is beautiful and disjointed.

Clara, a mafia princess, has never got over the loss of Giovanni and most of her artwork revolves around her memory of him. Everything changes
Cyndi
I liked this more than I thought I would. Gio and Clara were sweet together. Gio went through some really horrible experiences, but retained his sweetness when it came to Clara! The mafia suspense was interesting. I wish it had a better epilogue set a few years into the future.
TF
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Leigh's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Finally, Giovanni and Clara’s book! I know that Skye Warren needed time for these teenagers to grow up, and I was more than satisfied with the books in this series that fell in between. But I have still been longing for this story.

In Tough Love, we met Giovanni and Clara when they were young. Clara was the mafia princess, and Giovanni was the foot soldier’s son that fell in love with a girl he shouldn’t have. They were friends and f
Di Covey
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Twisted Sisters' Book Reviews.

Another hit from Skye Warren! Lightly dark with an emotional twist, a captive story with heart. I loved every word. Past and present POV’S from both leading characters leaves you with goosebumps and teary eyes.

Clara’s story starts in Tough Love, this book is the rest of her story. Definitely read Tough Love first, it packs the punch and sets the background for this one. Clara lives in her past, re-living the sacrifice Gio, her forbidden friend had to m
Funmbi
I’ve loved Skye Warren’s books for a few years now, and whenever I’m in the mood for well-written, dark, angsty, HOT fantasy, she’s at the top of my list.

I first fell in love with Skye’s The Beauty Series (sexy, forbidden romance between a slightly older professor and his student/employee), but I might love her 'Stripped' Series even more. These characters and their experiences are so heartbreakingly raw. By the time the protagonists reach their HEA, you’ve witnessed the battles that brought th
Ela
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed Clara's and Gio's story. What bothered me were some of the inconsistencies. For example towards the end of the book Clara is remembering meeting Gio when he was 18 but at the beginning or the novella it clearly states he hasn't turned 18 yet. Then she left with his first and last kiss but technically he kissed her a few nights before in the pool house. There were others but these bothered me most. Other than that, an enjoyable read.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

*Tough Love and Hold You Against Me*

“I’m someone else now, someone darker. Someone you don’t want to know.”

‘Suddenly
  • Cease and Desist (The IMA, #4)
  • Virgin Dancer
  • Temptation by Fire
  • Then He Kissed Me (Cottonbloom, #2)
  • Owned by the Badman (Russian Bratva #1)
  • Her Guardian Don
  • A Kindled Winter
  • Reckless & Ruined (The Chicago War, #2)
  • Wayward One (Waywroth Academy #1)
  • Prisoner of Poseidon (Villain's Love #2)
  • Lady of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #3)
  • Taken Hostage by Kinky Bank Robbers Boxed Set (Taken Hostage by Kinky Bank Robbers, #1-3)
  • High Moon (F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #4)
  • His Contract (Legally Bound, #1)
  • The Enforcer's Revenge (Untamed Hearts, #4)
  • Fate and Forever (A Pound of Flesh, #2.5)
  • Inevitable (Love and War #1)
  • Dark Night of the Soul

Stripped (5 books)
  • Love the Way You Lie (Stripped, #1)
  • Better When It Hurts (Stripped, #2)
  • Pretty When You Cry (Stripped, #3)
  • To the Ends of the Earth (Stripped #5)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Fall in love with you? How could I fall in love with you when I loved you with every breath, every heartbeat, every lash of the fucking whip? When you invaded my dreams, my hallucinations. I can’t stop loving you, bella. I’ve tried. God help me, I’ve tried.” 1 likes
“I want to be inside your darkest everything.” —Frida Kahlo” 0 likes