Start by marking “The Legend of Wonder Woman (2015-) #1” as Want to Read:

The Legend of Wonder Woman (2015-) #1

(The Legend of Wonder Woman #1)

Diana, Princess of Themyscira, is caught between her mother’s expectations and her own desire for freedom!
Published November 12th 2015 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Wonder Woman (2015-) #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend of Wonder Woman (2015-) #1

Shadowdenizen
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-single
I've been trying to divorce myself from monthly comics and focus on the the Trade Compilations (especially the DCU and Marvel titles!)

Most of the monthlies I stil get are smaller titles (likeThe Beauty #1, Faster Than Light #1, Black Science, Vol. 1: How to Fall Forever, etc.) that my FLCS puts aside for me.

But I had to break that new tradtion when I saw this on the shelf. The cover and interior art are both stunning, just the style that I love, and it addresses an exciting area that we haven't
Eli
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
description

Received in a Comixology bundle that came with my advanced ticket for Wonder Woman

I liked this well enough and I think it's a very good addition to the bundle to read before the movie. It gives a good luck at what newer interpretations of Diana as a child are, how she was different from the other girls from the beginning. And it explains the mythology behind Themyscira, the Amazonians, and Hippolyta.

Bundle included:
Wonder Woman (2006-) #1
Wonder Woman: Re
Chris
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Freebie

Nice intro for children. Good artwork.
R.M.
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, wonder-woman
First of all, I would like to warn you that the following review will be coming from a Comic Book newbie, and as any personal opinion, as subjective as it can be.

Seeing as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice made Wonder Woman reconquer her presence in pop culture, it is no surprise to see DC Comics taking the opportunity to bring us new and hopefully refreshing projects. One of them is the all-ages mini series called The Legend of Wonder Woman which piqued my curiosity right away.

As you could pro
Kylie
I've never read any Wonder Woman before, but I saw people talking about this and thought it might make a good starting point. I'm very keen on the art style, and so far it's more in mythological territory so I'm quite happy.

(Review moved from the kindle chaptered version)
Althea J.
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
THIS IS THE BOOK WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.

This is the listing for the digital #1.
I just read the first 3 printed issues (which collects the digital version's #1-9).

This is the book I've wanted to exist since my niece was born and I began plotting to share with her all of the cool things I love... one of which is Wonder Woman.

But really, the idea of Wonder Woman has always been so much better than the comics have actually achieved in their execution. And who knows if The Legend of Wonder Woman wil
Carly ❊ Reading Is My Kind of Thing
I AM SO IN LOVE.

I FEEL LIKE I'VE HIT THE GRAPHIC NOVEL JACK-POT!

The art is AMAZING as well

I can't believe this is only going to be a nine part series? D:

Kate
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved the first comic, and I can't wait to see where this story goes!
Emily Dones
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I don't quite like the childish narrative. Although the art is great the mythology gets a bit confusing since she is trying sort of maintain the clay origin while at the same incorporate more Greek mythology aspects. I don't it's just a bit weird to start with Diana as a child.
Caroline
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Cool to read the origin, but it was a tease. I wanted more. It was so short. We don't see past Diana's childhood. I guess that's how they get ya.
Luiz Santiago
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
A bit of a slow start, but it is intriguing. The art is nice too.
Christopher
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Origin Story! :D Brilliant to Come! :D
PigeonSquid
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Would love to see the second series uncancelled :(
May
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a review for the whole series,

Seriously, I loved this. We have Diana growing up and learning from her friend and mentor what it means to be a warrior and to be strong and about the power of friendship, love, loyalty, and family. She’s got a wonderful relationship with her mother and they may not always see eye-to-eye about things but they love and respect one another and their choices. We have Diana growing as a warrior, leader, and woman. We have different women, with different tastes,
Amanda Sanders
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Hippolyta built a nation of women, apart from greed and hatred." Diana grew up on the hidden island of Themyscira. She was raised to be queen one day but trained in secret to be a warrior. She felt that she had a different destiny than the one her mother wanted for her. Diana eventually finds her destiny as Wonder Woman. The characters in this graphic novel have depth and are fun to follow. The illustrations reflect the era well.
Emilia
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Legend of Wonder Woman is not a retelling of Wonder Woman's golden age origin. It takes the splendor of those first comics and imagines it in a fresh, creative fashion. A maternal narrative beats at the center of the story and the focus remains on Diana, Hippolyta's love for her, and the will to help others. This is a series everyone should pick up, especially if you live Wonder Woman. There's magic to be explored on Themyscira and beyond!
Patrice Sartor
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I watched Linda Carter's Wonder Woman as a kid, but I don't recall the character's origin story, and I never read any of the other comics. Whether or not this story is true to Wonder Woman's history I don't know, and I don't care. This story sets up nicely how Wonder Woman came to be, and it does so with strong, vibrant art.
Milan Nguyen
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This comic book is a great introduction to the format of the series. It takes the Amazon's origin and return it to a modern twist of the original origin of the Amazons. I prefer this to the New 52's origin. I hope the live action Wonder Woman Movie will follow this origin. I recommend it to all ages.
Amber
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was initially put off with the idea of doing yet another origin story.
Then I saw the cover for #5

With that said, this IS an origin story in the first issue, but it's not a bad one. Is it reconning how terrible New 52's was? God, hopefully. Either way, the art is good and it's not a bad read. I just hope it gets more interesting.
F. Paul Laihr
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short but cool look at a reboot

Not sure if it is a retelling or a reboot, but the first issue is cool if about 1/4 as long as it should be. Good art, nice pacing,great price for what you get.
Jota Houses
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic
Leído hasta el nº 10. Desarrolla el origen de Wonder Woman. La historia avanza lentamente y , si bien supone una mejora frente al engendro de Azarello, no consigue la épica de la serie de George Perez. Buenos dibujos. A la espera de acontecimientos.
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was never much into comic books as a kid, but I'm starting to remedy that now!
Frank Davis
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very interesting look at the origin of Diana and her road to becoming Wonder Woman. It fits into the New 52 pretty good and I'm hoping is the basis for the movie's Diana.
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The beginning

Short and sweet, but a great start! The art is stunning, really beautiful and the beginning of this retelling of wonder woman already has me hooked!
Robert Morganbesser
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wonder woman's origin part 1

Beautiful artwork, fine story. I never get tired of the amazing Amazon. A nice addition to her legacy as a cornerstone of DC
Erick
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended! This book has great writing and amazing art. A must read.
MrsEnginerd
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Way better than the New 52 story arc and a bit truer to her original origin story. Loved the artwork and dialogue. Wonder Woman is back!
Andrew
  • The Cartoon Introduction to Climate Change
  • Vision #1
  • Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #1
  • Lumberjanes #30
  • Into the Dream (The Secret of the Unicorn Queen, #4)
  • Arrow Vol. 2
  • Sun Blind (The Secret of the Unicorn Queen, #2)
  • Clean Room #1
  • Infinite Vacation
  • The Final Test (The Secret of the Unicorn Queen, #3)
  • Sidescrollers
  • SLAM! #1
  • Serenity: Leaves on the Wind #5
  • The Best and the Brightest
  • The Mammoth Book of British Kings & Queens: The Complete Biographical Encyclopedia of the Kings and Queens of Britain (The Mammoth Book Series)
RENAE DE LIZ is the artist of the New York Times Best-Seller "The Last Unicorn," the creator and manager of critically acclaimed "Womanthology" project, and several other books including Anne Rice's "Servant of the Bones," Jennifer Love Hewitt's "Music Box," and her own creator-owned titled "Lady Powerpunch!" She works with her husband Ray Dillon (inker & colorist of all the projects listed) w ...more

The Legend of Wonder Woman (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • The Legend of Wonder Woman (2015-) #2