Start by marking “Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)” as Want to Read:
Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)

Targeted

(Callahan & McLane #4)

A Wall Street Journal bestseller

All Detective Mason Callahan wanted was a quiet fishing trip with the guys—a chance to get away and unwind before Halloween.

Until he finds the body of his boss, Denny Schefte, near their remote Oregon cabin. Now all he wants is to catch the sadist who slit Denny’s throat and covered his face with a mask. Mason was the last person to see hi

Published June 7th 2016 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Targeted, please sign up.
Agnieszka So far there's none and I never heared it's planned - though I read in the author notes of some of the books Kendra Elliot's open for ideas / wished…moreSo far there's none and I never heared it's planned - though I read in the author notes of some of the books Kendra Elliot's open for ideas / wished her readers have and if possible tries to work with them.
You could contact her via her web page http://www.kendraelliot.com and ask.
Ava has a cameo appearance in the second book of the Mercy Killpatrick series (Merciful Truth) and she plans to add other characters from the previous series in the following books as well.(less)

Diana
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, mystery

Targeted is book 4 in the Callahan & McLane series, and probably my favorite so far.

FBI Special Agent Ava McLane and Detective Mason Callahan, are not only trying to maneuver their relationship and personal lives, they are trying to find a cop killer. With no suspects in sight, they killer is getting too close for comfort.

If you like police procedurals, I highly recommend this series. It is light in the romance department, like no sex scenes at all, but it worked for me because I t
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
3.5 stars for Targeted, a very slickly written novel from Kendra Elliot. The plot flows well but lacks that certain something that keeps me reading to the exclusion of everything else.

In defence of the book, this is #4 in a series, but I don't feel that I have missed anything that would have added to my enjoyment by not reading the previous 3 books.

It seems to all have started with the murder of Denny Schefte at a remote fishing cabin where he was on a trip with his buddies and workmates. But di
Mo
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the first three in the series and this was no exception. I had to go back and read my reviews to see if there was any romance/sex in the previous books. I think there was. Nada in this one. But I didn't really care. I like Mason and Ava.

Mason and his buddies are on a fishing trip. Time for rest and relaxation but then one of the party ends up dead.

Mason hoped his own death wouldn't leave stains for a stranger to remove. He'd rather die under a fir tree, his blood soaking into the ea
Paige  Bookdragon

It's a very good thing Targeted was a great read because it would have sucked to have a terrible read on my birthday.

( In case you didn't get that, it's my birthday!!!PARTY HAAAARD!!)

I wasn't able to read the 3rd book of the series but that doesn't mean it lessens the wow factor of the book. Granted, there's some spoilers for the 3rd book but it really didn't bother me at all. Targeted is so much better than the 2nd book of the series (which I gave 3 stars).

description

I love how Elliot puts her readers on
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I would have given this more stars if not for the blatant disregard for police work. (view spoiler) It was a huge plot hole I couldn't ignore. Thus a star off.
CD {Boulder Blvd}
This is the 4th book in this series, but the first book in the series for me. I was a little worried about starting with book #4, but received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review...so I dived in.

The Callahan & McLane series feature Mason Callahan, a detective in the Portland Police Department and Special Agent Ava McLane with the FBI. In the first book they meet and develop a relationship and then their relationship continues to develop in the next books in the series. Eac
Petra
The fourth book about Detective Mason Callahan and FBI special agent Ava McLane and these keep getting better and better. The case, this time, hits close to home as law enforcement officers are being targeted by a serial killer. The ongoing relationship between Mason and Ava is further developed while Ava continues to worry about her twin sister's mental health issues.
Addictive romantic suspense with the emphasis on suspense in this one. I love how each case they are working on has been differe
Anita
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am enjoying the Callahan & McLane series immensely. In addition to a new mystery to solve with each book, you have the ongoing relationship of Ava and Mason and the problems that Ave has with the mental illness of her twin sister, Jayne. Kendra Elliot writes Ave and Mason as real people with real ongoing issues. Not your typical Romantic-Suspense series.

While on a fishing trip with his four OSP buddies, Mason dis
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Cops are being killed
Must be connected, but how?
Twisted path to perp

Couldn't guess bad guy
Characters developing
Really like series
Sufficiently mysterious and the family and relationship drama didn’t bother me. This one was better than the last. On a side note, Zander seriously needs to have a spin off series.
Diane
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Kendra Elliot. Cops are the target in this book also, but it's the male species this time. A red herring or two thrown in just for fun when you are trying to solve this serial killing. Male cops are the victims and are left with different "Hallowe'en" masks on them and a mysterious finger print thrown in!

The first "known" victim is found by Mason when a group of his fellow cop buddies are on a fishing vacation - just happens to be one of the buddies who is also their boss.
Cindy ~
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tight suspense thriller that had me turning the pages as fast as I could to find out who was killing Oregon’s law enforcement. The author did a great job of keeping you guessing almost till the end along with some great murder scene descriptions (yes I’m morbid) with references to some of my favorite horror movies.

Throughout this series poor Ava has not had an easy time of it with the havoc her twin sister has wrecked all her life. I was happy to see that Ava is finally cutting the emotional co
Diane Saul
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading Kendra since her first book, Hidden. She just keeps getting better! Mason and some of his detective friends have gone on a vacation together. One of the detectives is brutally murdered at the remote cabin where they are staying. His body is found with a Halloween mask on his face. Mason's fiancé Ava is brought in to help with the investigation. When another law enforcement officer is found murdered, also with a Halloween mask on, they realize they have a killer targeting law ...more
Elvan
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great read. A cop killer with a theatrical horror movie slant. Elliot continues to expand on the back stories on some of the secondary characters we've come to know in this series. Other than a few TSTL decisions by our favourite investigators to help make a thriller ending, this fast paced read was entertaining from beginning to end.
* I don't always read the acknowledgments by the author at the end of each read but got a kick out of her comment saying her readers had demanded she not injure Av
Debby "Piene Raven"
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: authors-e-f
Wondering if there would be a 5th book to really round out the somewhat way the story ended. I enjoyed the first three and the 4th did not create a big dent or climax other than Denny Schefte, the boss being killed at his fishing cabin in the woods. There was literally no romance/sex scenes in this one, although I thought it would have expounded on Zander hooking up with the wedding planner friend.

Callahan and McLane try to get their wedding plans in order but are stalled when a serial cop kille
Zita
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Good FBI/Police mystery thriller…

This is the fourth book in the Callahan & McLane series that can be read as a stand-alone.

It wasn’t easy arranging identical time off for a group of detectives and their boss yet they managed to get away for a much needed relaxation fishing trip prior to Halloween. What they didn’t expect was to wake up one morning to find their boss murdered, his throat slit with a horror mask covering his face. Detective Mason Callahan was the last person to speak to him an
Erin Burns
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, read-2016

I received an ARC of this book from the Publisher, via Netgalley, this does not affect my opinion of this book or the content of my review.

I've been with this series since the beginning. What attracted me was that it is a story about grown-ups being actual grown-ups, which has continued. Where we last left Ava she was broken, shattered even, and while the novel itself was complete we were nowhere near actual closure for Ava. It has been a long wait, but in the end totally worth it! As this is th
Lena
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it

"Mason read the names on the gravestones. DEE CAYED. WILL B. BACK. PAUL TERGEIST."

Another stellar contribution to the Callahan & McLane FBI murder/mystery procedurally series. Mason Callahan has gone on a fall fishing trip with four other detectives when he discovers his boss dead of a slit throat wearing a Pinhead mask. It's disturbingly similar to the recent hanging death of an FBI agent wearing a Freddy Krueger mask that had been ruled a suicide. As more cops are killed and posed in m
Books and Spoons
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ruthless serial murderer killing the law enforcement personnel, while Ava's twin sister is manipulating yet another set of doctors, and Mason is trying to figure out why Ava isn't ready to set the wedding date.
The suspense is tight, the investigation of the criminal behind the callous murders is intriguing, and keeps the reader on toes till nearly the end. I loved how the task force put the puzzle pieces together, the teamwork is commendable, and the crime scenes atrocious, each on their own wa
Karsyn
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Detailed review to come. Good, with faults, so wasn't sure what to rate it. Looks like I'm gonna have to give up on the series. I am NOT one of the women who want to see her pregnant. Not all women want to see that and I wish it was not everywhere in these kinds of freakin books.

Recieved from NetGalley for my honest review.

The 4th book in this series by Kendra Elliot, a new-ish author who I've enjoyed just about every book of. Targeted was another great book in the series and I actually enjoyed
Sonia Cristina
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
"Targeted" is book #4 in Mason Callahan and Ava McClane's series. From the beginning I'm a huge fan of this incredible couple. I adore the way they are with each other, it thrills me to read their dialogues, to see how their relationship evolves to the point where they are now engaged and looking for the perfect venue for the big day.

I admit, without shame, that Mason and Ava's relationship is what I most enjoy in this series. Deep down, I'm a romantic!

But Mason and Ava's engagement isn't all t
Darla
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really good one! I enjoy everything she writes but this was different for me.... one of the best I've read!! I received this free through Netgalley for an honest review.
Laurie
Jun 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Fun and fast read.
⚜️Trea
I really didn't enjoy this installment that much. While it could have been ripped from current headlines, it didn't feel realistic to me, especially with Mason's inclusion in so much of the investigation. The suspense and mystery angles weren't well done, as the cops all felt like bumbling idiots, even Ava and Mason. While I thought we would get more resolution with the Jayne situation, it felt like there were even more problems cropping up with it. I really hated how Ava just wouldn't talk to M ...more
Darcy
The twists that this one took were interesting. More so as the past was revealed and things started to get a bit icky. We never really know if things went too far, but it's easy to see the direction things were heading.

It was nice to see Ava and Mason working together to get the to the bottom of things. Nice to see them have a united front against Ava's sister and for them to get some resolution on their relationship.
~ Cariad ~
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Callahan & McLane are an awesome couple. Lol I don't know that they could get away with working together like this in RL, but I love that they can in fiction!

Can I just say too, that KU free narration is a fanfuckintastic addition to KU!!
Susannah Carleton
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting plot with cops and FBI agents being killed, but the OSP and the FBI have few clues, and almost no physical evidence. Can the joint task force, of which Mason is not a member, since he found the second body, find the killer before he strikes again?
Viz
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's a nice ending & the suspense is good.
Love that Kendra used a male & female voice for the audio book.
Trish R.
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Terrific read..

I have no idea why Ms. Elliot doesn’t just kill Jayne off. She’s in every book and she lives to make Ava’s life a living hell. There will never be anything that can redeem the stupid girl and nothing that can ever make her likable. If a book were ever written where Jayne came around to being a decent person I would never read it, that’s how much I hate her. I’m at 50% of the book and I get irritated just hearing her name mentioned. I hope by the end of the book she’s dead.

I just
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
  • Ruthless (Faces of Evil, #6)
  • Best Laid Plans (Lucy Kincaid, #9)
  • All the Dead Girls (Graveyard Falls, #3)
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
  • Fatal Frenzy (Fatal, #9)
  • Extreme Measures (Aegis, #1)
  • Tempted by Love (Montana Heat, #3)
An Amazon #1 selling author, Kendra Elliot has sold over 6 million books. Get a free insider's guide to Kendra's books at www.KendraElliot.com.

She grew up in the lush Pacific Northwest and still lives there with her family and three cats. She's fascinated with forensics, refuses to eat anything green, and dreams of living every day in flip flops.

The BONE SECRETS NOVELS: HIDDEN, CHILLED, BURIED,

Callahan & McLane (4 books)
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
“I don’t think so,” Ava said. “That last line is a bit dramatic but not in the usual Jayne way. I’m trying” 0 likes
“He suddenly needed to hear her speak, hear her low voice that always set his stomach aflutter. Fluttering in a masculine way. He” 0 likes