Start by marking “Points of Origin: Volume Two of the Travelers' Tales (SGX #3)” as Want to Read:
Points of Origin: Volume Two of the Travelers' Tales (SGX #3)

Points of Origin: Volume Two of the Travelers' Tales

(SGX #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  95 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Open the gate...

From Ronon’s pre-culling days on Sateda to Colonel Carter’s first weeks in command of Atlantis, from the fallout of George Hammond’s encounter with SG-1 in 1969 to strange goings-on in Minnesota, Stargate: Points of Origins brings you another fantastic collection of stories from across the Pegasus and Milky Way galaxies. So come step through the gate with
Published November 12th 2015 by Fandemonium Books

To ask other readers questions about Points of Origin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Points of Origin

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Points of Origin: Volume Two of the Travelers' Tales (SGX #3)
Alyce Caswell
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Most of these stories were pretty great. A couple of them - not so much.
Vbedell
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Good for fans, not the best I've read.

Most of the stories were good, but I found a lot of them ended very abruptly. One step up from fanfiction.
Craterdweller
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stargate, owned-books
Mixed bag

There are some excellent stories here. My favorites: General Hammond's story, Ronon's story, Sam's early days on Atlantis and the one with SG-1 shortly after Moebius. There weren't any bad stories although I would prefer in a collection of short stories by various authors that they do not reference other of their novels/works. They really should stand alone. The story Aftermath makes fairly heavy reference to the SG-1 novel Do No Harm.
J.L.
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: september-2017
Favorite story: “Precognition” by Jo Graham touches on the after-effects of one of my favorite episodes of Stargate SG-1, when our heroes travel back in time and are aided by a younger George Hammond. It was lovely to see his progression through the years, taking us to the man we know and love who guided the Stargate Program with such a steady hand. I especially enjoyed the historical twist about some other characters thrown in, which I decline to spoil here.

Story I’d love to see expanded into a
Jenette
There were some hits and some excruciating misses in this one. In some stories everyone was in character and there was a quick and enjoyable adventure but there were also some seriously bad stories that were cringeworthy. I always find I like the Atlantis novels more so than the SG-1 and that is oddly still disappointing after all this time.
Paul Bendall
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I sometimes need some easy reading and often turn to Stargate as most of the books read as easily as the TV series are watched! This anthology of short stories was no exception; an enjoyable and easily read collection.
Ida Leter
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not quite as good as the first one, not nearly as on point, much larger fraction of short stories that are complete misses, but quite an enjoyable read nonetheless.
Beenee Reads
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
These are really quite fun!
Chiara
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really, the youth of today... (from SG-1: Dude, where's my spaceship?)
Ryan
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: stargate sg-1, stargate atlantis, fans
More stargate sg-1 and atlantis stories are always fun, perfectly captured characters, it's like watching more tv episodes. I rated this 3 stars as one of the stories were confusing and just didn't mesh well with stories that are supposed to be beginings or points of origins. This one bad short story of many leaves a bad taste in your mouth. And it's the second story so you start to worry about the quality of the book early on. The other stories are all great but sadly I kept thinking about that ...more
Denise
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, read-2016
Much like the first such anthology, this collection of SG-1 and SGA short stories contained an entertaining mixture of snippets from character backgrounds to storylines that could have been part of any regular episode. While it didn't have as much in the way of standout stories I truly loved as the first collection, I did enjoy the majority of these quite a bit. My favourites were the very first and the very last story, dealing with the influence his encounter with SG-1 in 1969 had on George Ham ...more
Sandra Mansell
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
More like fan fiction than professional short stories. Enjoyable anyway, just not in the league of recent publications.
Gene
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another good batch of SG short stories. Kind of helps fill the void left by the absence of any new tv episodes.

Rian Monson
Jan 10, 2017
George Herbert
Nov 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• STARGATE ATLANTIS: From the Depths (SGX-08)
  • The Wild Blue (SGX #5)
  • Reliquary (Stargate Atlantis, #2)
  • Lost Queen (SGX #4)
  • The Chosen (Stargate Atlantis, #3)
  • Allegiance  (Stargate Atlantis, #18)
  • Fair Warning (Jack McEvoy #3)
  • Exogenesis (Stargate Atlantis, #5)
  • Transitions (Stargate SG-1, #18)
  • Angelus (Stargate Atlantis, #11)
  • STARGATE SG-1: Infiltration
  • Pride and Precipitation (Chick Flick Clique Romantic Comedy #1)
  • A Touch of Magic
  • Female of the Species (Stargate SG-1, #31)
  • Homecoming (Stargate Atlantis, #16)
  • Secrets (Stargate Atlantis, #20)
  • Moebius Squared (Stargate SG-1, #22)
Sally Malcolm was bitten by the m/m romance bug in 2016 and hasn’t looked back. It’s fair to say she’s obsessed with the genre. She has four contemporary m/m romances out, set in the fictional Long Island seaside town of New Milton.

She's also the author of eight Stargate novels and novellas, including the hit "Apocalypse" trilogy. She has penned four Stargate audio dramas for Big Finish Production

SGX (8 books)
  • Far Horizons: Volume One of the Travelers' Tales (SGX #1)
  • Stargate SG-1: Permafrost (SGX #2)
  • Lost Queen (SGX #4)
  • The Wild Blue (SGX #5)
  • Homeworlds: Volume Three of the Travelers' Tales (SGX #6)
  • STARGATE SG-1: Behind Enemy Lines (SG1-31)
  • STARGATE ATLANTIS: From the Depths (SGX-08)