Start by marking “Micah's Soldier (Forgotten Soldier #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Micah's Soldier (Forgotten Soldier #0.5)

Micah's Soldier

(Forgotten Soldier 0.5)

Micah's Soldier is a 6000 word short story that is is a precursor to my new Forgotten Soldier Series.
*****
In the second grade, Garrison Douglas saved Micah Stills from the bully trying to steal his lunch money, creating a bond that would last a lifetime. Or so Micah thought.

Ten years later, Micah’s best friend and first love is an enlisted Marine. Steady, strong, dependabl
Published November 11th 2015 by Jessie G Books

To ask other readers questions about Micah's Soldier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Micah's Soldier

Tanu Gill
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Micah was simply adorable. I want more of him and Garry!
Cadiva
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Packs a punch even though it's very short

Well I've not read this author before so I'm amazed at how well they did in telling a story in such a short novella.

This is super cute and promises the start of a series about the Armed Forces covering the effects on serving personnel and the ones they love. Thankfully there will be a further novella for Micah and Garrison as I'd like to read more.
Lila Hunter
This is a really short (free) story that can be finished in one sitting.

I loved everything about it. The characters were great, as well as the story. It probably worked for me because I have been with the families waiting for a love one to come back after a long deployment, multiple times, that is. And I know how much effort is put before the day arrives. Also, I have seen those lonely military men/women passing by, without anyone waiting for them.

I'm really looking forward to this new series
Dawn
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jessie wrote a beautiful short story which was very appropriately released on Veterans Day. Micah's Soldier is the first book in the author's Forgotten Soldier Series. I cannot wait to read the next.

Garrison is returning home after completing his service to his country. Micah is the love of his life that he let go thinking he was doing the right thing for Micah. Micah never stopped loving Garrison, even when Garrison said goodbye.

This is a heartwarming story that had me in tears, made me laugh
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ FOUR - STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by it's Cover < <
45-degree angle headshot of a man with gorgeous hazel eyes, look closely to see a soldier in the background. Title font is good, but could have been a little bolder so it's fade does not almost completely disappear. Nice author font and strong color choice. Synopsis is quite lengthy, but it sounds compelling and emotional. I'm a sucker for the battle-scarred hero, so I'm happy to give this a shot! PLUS ~> 10
Anna Goerlitz
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
super sweet home coming short. Looking forward to continuing the series.
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
jessie is the queen of teasing and this book is a prime example! this makes me want their story and jared's story right now! i can't wait to see micah and garrison together and get inside garrison's head!

i dare you to not get choked up when reading this book. i'm betting you can't do it...

His heart broke as he watched Garrison march forward without looking at the reuniting families. A man on a mission—left, right, left, right—do not stop, do not slow down, just keep moving. His soldier believed
Shelley Chastagner
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reread
This short story definitely left me wanting a lot more. Micah's commitment is complete. Even if Garrison has given him a 'Dear John' letter, his heart hasn't let go. He continue to support Garrison through the VA/Soldier support groups, he sends packages every month and he continues to love Garrison. Garrison is set in his resolve to separate himself from everyone but one look at Micah and it all crumbles. I'm excited that there are more books to come in the series.
All read
Leda
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! And damn, what a cover!
This was a very short but very sweet second chance story! I laughed, I cried, I adored Micah. His love & devotion for Gunny was swoon worthy! We will get another novella of these guys at the end of the series, can't wait for that! I definitely want more of their story.

Looking forward to the Forgotten Soldier series! It's Jessie G, so you know it's going to be good!
Tracy Perry
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this!! It was a short read but oh so good! A second chance love story. I think I cried through the whole story & had a couple of laughs in between. Looking forward to reading more from this series! Oh & yeah, what a hot book cover ;) btw!
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Very short. Cute. But very short.
Tracy
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I will be looking for this series.
Lea Blottiaux
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Good Read

I liked Micah's Soldier, especially the way it shows how one soldier thinks and worries about how his PTSD will affect his loved one. A Good Read.
Sadie Forsythe
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not particularly deep, but well developed for something so short. It's also very sweet.
Shawnie Nicole
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this so much. Its was short but packed a great punch.
Natalie
Waaaay too short. Cute but short. I bought it because; Veterans and Gary Sinise Foundation.
Erryn Barratt
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book with a promise of more to come (an audio review)

The audiobook begins with a prologue – a quick explanation of where the characters fit in other series written by the author. A quick reminder for fans, no big deal if this is your first foray into her work. Then there is a short story which starts this new series. In ‘Micah’s Soldier’, Garrison is coming home, not expecting anyone to greet him. He is facing what many soldiers do – no teary reunions, no families to embrace them – just an
Deirdre
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While I have been an audiobook loved for over thirty years, this is my first MM romance audiobook. And I have author Jessie G to thank for providing me with a code so I could download it on Audible & listen in exchange for an honest review. I listened as I did my errands around town. And quite coincidentally a traffic light caught me at Garrison Road just as his character was reacting to returning home as a Veteran to no one. The "Thank you for your service" accolades called out to him by pe ...more
Katherine
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome home reunion

This is pretty much just a prequel, a small short of a reunion between Micah and Garrison.

Micah fell in love with Garrison long ago and when he enlisted that love didn't change. Determined to be the best partner he could be, Micah looked into supports for returned vets. When Garrison broke up with him, Micah accepted that he did it because he changed over there, but Micah held his love. He threw a welcome home party for the man he loved that left him and hid at the airport t
Carra
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a powerful short story that tells so much more than what you hear when you read (or listen). Even though it’s only about 6,000 words, there’s a lot of emotion packed into them-enough to have made me cry.

My heart broke for Micah and Garrison both—and Micah’s unwavering support of Garrison (even when he knows Garrison doesn’t want him) is moving and part of the reason my heart was hurting for both of them. I was thoroughly entranced with their story, anxiously awaiting to see what would h
Mandie Foxylutely
A very short story that I read in 30 minutes, which tells the second chance love of Micha and his ex boyfriend Garry upon his return from deployment. It sets the series up nicely by introducing the main character for this new series which will feature a different military man in each of the books.

As it was a short read there was little room for depth and emotion but overall it was nicely put together and I look forward to reading this new series.
Sue
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
IN SUPPORT OF JESSIE G & THE GARRY SINISE FOUNDATION

This is another great introduction to another magnificent series. I can't wait to read the stories that follow. If Micah and Garrison are the intro, we're in for another brilliant, fantastic ride. Don't miss this one, it benefits a fantastic foundation. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!!!!!
Denise White
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Need more

I'm glad we will see Garry and Micah again in this series.. I liked the glimpse I got of them and I want to get more of their story.... Off to book 2

Thanh
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Very short & lots of pining but lovely story.
Dreamer80
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Becky
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was lovely - very short but that doesn't stop it from delivering a rich and substantial tale. My first experience with this author and my appetite is definitely whetted!
Midia
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Way too short...
~nikki the recovering book addict
4 Stars!

This was sweet, funny and heart wrenching! And all in only six chapters! I want moreeeeeeeee!! I know it’s a series so I’m going to go read the others!
Enid
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: men-in-uniform, mm, short
Love this shot, wish it was longer.
SoCalBookReviews
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-owned
I love these books and I was really excited to see that you could get them both together in one audiobook. 1. Micah's Soldier is Great for a short book! I Loved this one when I read it. I just wish we got to see more of Micah's shenanigans lol. 2. Jared/Aiden **I Cannot Wait for Their Book** Shane/Julian & (Sean) It is so great to see/hear the two men come together & change their lives to help their friend so he can heal the way he needs to. Its pretty obvious that Sean thinks that Shane ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combine Issues 2 13 Jul 18, 2017 05:47AM
Goodreads Librari...: New Series 2 16 Nov 11, 2015 11:09AM
Like many readers, the dream of being a writer has been with me a long time. After three decades of trying, I'd begun to doubt. Thanks to social media, I followed my favorite authors hoping to glean some words of wisdom as I pounded out half-formed ideas with alarming regularity. Two repetitive themes emerged: To be a great writer you must read a lot and your butt must be in the chair every day li ...more

Forgotten Soldier (1 books)
  • Treading Water (Forgotten Soldier #1)