Start by marking “Licked (L.A. Liaisons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Licked (L.A. Liaisons, #1)

Licked

(L.A. Liaisons #1)

As the owner of Licked, an eclectic ice creamery and bar, Ryleigh Phillips doesn't have time for that love stuff. Serving up Nibble My Nuts sundaes and Drunken Sailor boozy shakes are as close to an orgasmic affair as she's had in months thanks to her expanding empire—until the night of her ten-year high school reunion.

When Ryleigh's crush, gorgeous ex-football god Camero
Published November 10th 2015 by Brooke Blaine

Geri Reads
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I read this book after being threatened by Lana and Alleskelle of bodily harm.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

At first I said no. Just on principle but duh, I'm not a wuss and I can out-ninja those two anytime. Second reason for saying no, initially, was the fact that this sounds like a love triangle.

And love triangles makes me RAGEY!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

But since I was assured that it wasn't what I thought it was, I took the plunge. And...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And they were right. This wasn't a love triangle at all. It was funny with plenty of great fe
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars

If I were truly honest with myself, which guy would I choose? The man I'd always wanted? Or the man I'd never forget?

Now that, my friends, is how you write a love triangle. Because honest to god, if every love triangle was written this way, I'd actually read them. Having said that, when I found a teaser on Brooke's Facebook page that hinted at a love triangle, I may or may not have threatened her with a slow and painful death. Because if you follow my reviews or know me at all, you
Stacey is Sassy
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

I got Licked…and I enjoyed it too ;)

I think I spent the whole day with my mind in the gutter. Licked had the smutty in me smirking and giggling with my boasting going far and wide that I GOT LICKED. This book grabbed my attention a little while back with it’s bright and beautiful cover and catchy title. Then the chitter chatter started about this book that was funny, smutty and full of licking…ice-creams. Hmmm…very, very interesting, a highly successful business that caters to ice-cream lovers w
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

”When the lines between relationships and friendships blur, and it's impossible to choose between two delicious flavors, what's a girl to do? Taste a sample of each? Or go out and get LICKED?

description

Retro Ryleigh Phillips has come into her own since high school. Heading to her ten year reunion has her super excited to speak to her teenage crush, Cameron Mathis. Things with Cameron go even better than she expects. He’s grown up and sees the wonderful woman she is, only problem is that she mor
Eliza
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Title: Licked
Series: L.A. Liaisons, #1
Author: Brooke Blaine
Release date: 11th November, 2015
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

If there's something I've discovered about Brooke Blaine, it's that she's quite the writing chameleon. Be it suspense, erotica or comedy, Brooke manages to serve up a tasty treat for her readers with a signature flair that keeps this particular reader coming back for more helpings.

photo 7E1BE69C-2D3E-4667-B027-7B245271CD65_zpswzfnplpk.gif

Licked is the second solo outing for Brooke and after the success o
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4.25 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Really see you, the way you saw me. The way I hope you still do. Still will...I really think we've got something amazing. More than amazing...life-changing.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Ryleigh Phillips is at her high school reunion. A lot has changed since she was a teenager. Now, she is the owner of a funky ice cream shop that offers many treats with interesting names. Her business has been suc
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
4 "I'm keeping you" stars

Ryleigh is a proud owner of an ice cream shop with unique names for her adult only clients. On the night of her high school reunion she meets Cameron, the guy she was crushing back then. Cameron shows interest now but something happens before anything occurs between them.

Hunter is Cameron's roomate and since Ry is in an emergency need of a better construction crew than the one currently working on her shop, Hunter takes over as her new contractor.

She's definitely not ob
Sabrina
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ryleigh Phillips was always the weird girl in high school, the one who wore 50's and 60's styles and didn't conform to what was the "cool" thing. Which, as you can imagine, didn't leave her with the best memories from that time. So why is she going to her high school reunion? The answer would be Cameron Mathis, the boy she crushed on in school, the one she didn't think ever knew she existed. She realizes she thought all wrong though when she runs into his...urm manhood in the hallway of their ol ...more
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
I LOVED this book so hard!
Review to come

Arc offered in exchange for an honest review

More reviews and book talk at :
Jayme
“Ready to Get Licked?”

I feel like I could lick the cover, the hero, the heroine and all the sweetness and magnificence boozy shakes that she creates in her shop. I even could lick the author of the book, or the one who comes up with the idea to open something like that in my city. So what we have a deal? Lick, lick, lick!

About the plot: Ryleigh Phillips is a successful owner of Licked, an ice creamery and bar, serving the most imaginative ice cream, and bozzie shakes. Her company is so popul
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4.25 "Wanna get licked?" Stars!

photo 9780880C-3DC1-4478-ABE4-1E93A5EC516D_zps9ma39bwl.gif

What an endearingly cute and funny book! It's just what the doctor ordered for me- low on angst, comical yet romantic, and I great cast of secondary characters I can't wait to get to know in further books!

photo E8DC1D70-3C34-4169-89D4-9A9528E4224A_zps4k5o4a0n.jpg

Ryleigh Phillips is the retro-infused chic that owns Licked, a snarky ice creamery in LA. When the current construction company in charge of her expansion starts slacking off and deadlines are not being met, she finds the hot construction company owner, Hunter M
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3.5 Stars ★★★

My first read from Brooke Blaine was a fun and entertaining read, it's not often I read romantic comedy but this was just what I needed after coming off an emotional few days in the life of books.

Ryleigh a successful business woman, owner of an ice cream shop catered towards adults, she sells sexy sundaes with names often a little inappropriate for young children. With a penchant for the vintage, she is a quirky and sassy and a heroine that you can't help but find likeable.

On t
Tweebs♥️ (hiatus)
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I seen someone add this to their TBR on my feed and I started to laugh because I remembered certain things in this book (hint hint: read the review) and then crave some Cookie Dil-Dough which SOUNDS AMAZING AF ;P Y'all are probably thinking "wtf is Cookie Dil- Dough??"

Don't worry but all I know is Me want.

*************************

Don't be fooled by the cover page. I know, it's hideous but the book made up for it or shall I say what specifically made up for it hehehe!!

The main character, Ry
Jen
4.5 Up-the-Butt-er Pecan Stars

But one thought still nagged at me: If I were truly honest with myself, which guy would I choose? The man I’d always wanted? Or the man I’d never forget?

How freaking cute was this book? That's a rhetorical question for sure but I'll tell you anyway...pretty damn cute! It's swoony, romantic, sexy and completely entertaining. If only every woman had the "Hunter or Cameron" question to answer, life would be a beautiful thing. And an ice cream shop that serves boozy con
Lyndy Ann ♫
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was curious about this series after I was introduced to the ladies and Licked/After Dark in the PresLocke series. I was not disappointed these ladies are sassy, hilarious and they all have potty mouths and the guys are panty melting hot. Licked is a rom com with a mix of LOL moments, sizzling HOT sex and some heartbreak thrown in.

Brooke Blaine's style of writing is different with some of Ryleigh kooky thoughts, it reads like she is talking to the me the reader personally, this felt funny to b
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo barel_zpsvgzgxkjx.gif

Be prepared to get licked!!!!! Yes, readers will be salivating as Brooke Blaine serves up a wickedly delightful deliciously sinful sexy scoop of hotness, fun, screaming orgasm with an extra scoop of humor and extra sprinkle of nuts in her newest romantic comedy, LICKED. Brooke Blaine has easily become one of those authors that I gravitate towards to. In my opinion, she can cover any genre whether it be erotic romance, suspense and romanti
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Alice Clayton

This is the first book I’ve read by Brooke Blaine, and I’ve got to say I love her writing style. It’s very reminiscent of Alice Clayton in its sexy humor, but with a quirky, irreverent flair.

The book blurb perfectly summarizes the plot, so I won’t bother telling you what the story is about. The whole setup is entertaining, and I defy you not to fall in love with Ryleigh. She’s been an oddball her whole life with her retro wardrobe and obsession with everything 1950’s. She’s wacky and c
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I was pleasantly surprised with is one. I was hesitant because I worried about the love triangle theme, but it really was a non-issue. It wasn't just OTT humor either (which I was expecting too), but it was the right amount of humor instead. I enjoyed it, but I had to mark it off for the bad communication from the H and the abrupt ending.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Ryleigh and Hunter's story. Ryleigh attends her 10 year high school reunion in hopes of findi
Sybil aka Lala

As some of you may or may not know: I have a geeky vagina. Things like puns and a play on words turn me the fuck on. Add to that a quirky (but kickass) heroine and I’m about ready to propose marriage to a work of fiction. But then Brooke Blaine adds two swoony heroes and I was ready to get Licked.

Ryleigh owns an ice creamery that is as colourful and eclectic as she is. She’s always been a little left of centre and while it made her happy, it didn’t do her many favours in high school. When she ru
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-comedy, arc
Don’t let the blurb fool you into thinking this is an angsty, melancholy story about a love triangle. Oh, no, no. Licked by Brooke Blaine is a fresh, fun, and flirty romantic comedy through and through. It will melt your heart, tickle your funny bone, and make you wish you had a Nibble My Nuts sundae to devour while reading.

The heroine, Ryleigh, is a complete and total delight. She is strong, smart, cheeky, and impeccably styled in her retro attire. Licked is the hip joint that Ryleigh has built
Michelle
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: cracked-me-up
3 I Like That Old Times Rock n Roll Stars!

Ryleigh finally gets the attention from her teen crush Cameron at her high school reunion. They wind up back at Cameron's house and while Ryleigh is freshening up Cameron passes out. Ryleigh winds up sleeping on the couch because she's had too much to drink to drive. In the morning Ryleigh meets Cameron's roommate Hunter. Hunter screams bad boy and playboy. He's the total opposite of Cameron or is Ryleigh judging a book by its cover?

When Ryleigh's renova
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am having a moment with Licked. Several, in fact. On replay in my head. How could I not? It has a retro-cool lady, sassy ice cream, tickle-your-funny-bone humor and not one but TWO swoonworthy, panty-melting, perfectly lickable, men. Oh, and the feels, people. It has the feels.

Please, PLEASE, don't be like me and nearly overlook this fabulous book. Because despite my cover lust (gorge) and my author curiosity (Brooke Blaine is new-to-me but I've heard many good things), I nearly got tripped u
Elle's Book Blog
:: 5 Pretty Little Stars ::

EEPP! This book was AMAZING! A downright funny novel that will keep you laughing into the night! Readers who have a good sense of humor, a dirty mind, and those who don’t care about body part references and comparisons with ice-cream than this is your book! I absolutely loved every single minute of it! And to boot, this cover is GORGEOUS! This is probably what first drew me to the book and I am SO glad I read it!

This book is about a woman named Ryleigh who owns a pre
Ivy Deluca
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: _arc-reads
Full 3.5 star review posted at http://afterdarkbooklovers.com/2015/1...
description
Vintage charmer : What happens when you have the chance to have what you always wanted, but maybe what you always wanted isn’t what you really need? Well, that’s when romance happens.

Ms. Blaine has crafted a real charming little tale with vintage flair. It’s her debut and you can tell a vivid world has been playing around in Ms. Blaine’s head. Her writing style is fun, it’s done in first person POV and Ryleigh’s head easy to
Paige
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 "I'm Keeping You" Stars

This was such a cute and fun story. My first by Brooke Blaine was a winner! Ryliegh was the star of this story with her cute and sassy attitude and her funky ice cream shop. Add in her crush, the gorgeous and well to do Cameron as well as the hunky and smart-talking Hunter and we got a perfect blend of smart and sexy with a little angst thrown in for good measure.

When Ryliegh decides to got to her 10 year class reunion to show all those that tormented her how well she's
Meags
4 Stars

I enjoyed the hell out of this! I thought the writing was lovely, providing a story that flowed smoothly and kept me thoroughly entertained from start to finish. The characters were also hugely likeable. The gals were hilariously relatable and the guys were dreamy beyond measure - definite book boyfriend material, here, ladies. The romance was the perfect mixture of sexy and sweet, and the entire thing was doused in a layer of good humour which kept a smile on my face throughout.

After rea
Liina
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ryleigh is in her twenties and is the owner of a successful ice-cream shop called Licked. She goes to her high school ten year reunion and when she is about to leave before even actually attending the event, she bumps into her high school crush Cameron. The evening start off really well, but the next morning she is welcomed by Cameron's hot roommate Hunter. She thought she finally has the new chance with Cameron, but she's actually attracted to Hunter. Ryleigh bought the rooms next to her ice-cr ...more
Paula
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it

So adorkable! Loved!
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Ryleigh is in her late twenties, lives in LA, and runs a very successful specialty Ice-Cream shop!
Her ice cream creations and boozy shakes all have very sexy (dirty!!!!) names and because business is really good, she's ready to expand. To win a TV show where her shop could be made into a country-wide franchise thing, she needs to renovate the place she just bought next door. But her builder-guy was a complete idiot .... that's where hottie McHottie comes into the picture.
Hunter.
He's best friends
Leigh
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Licked was the first book by this author that I have read and definitely not my last. It was cute, funny and very sexy. I loved Ryleigh, I could imagine her cute yet sexy retro outfits. The ice cream shop she owned with the inappropriate names was so much fun. Hunter was very yummy, and I loved how he was with Ryleigh. I wasn't happy with what Ryleigh did to break Hunters trust but I thought he over reacted and that annoyed me some. Although in the end their HEA was really sweet. Add in Ryleigh' ...more

• A Desperate Man: Volume 2 (A Desperate Man, #2)
  • Unbreakable Stories: Rowe (Unbreakable Bonds, #3.5)
  • Until It's Right
  • Collusion (Diversion #2)
  • Speak Low (Speak Easy #2)
  • Slave Hunt (The Subs Club, #5)
  • Out of Plans (The Mercenaries, #2)
  • His Name Is Sir (The Power to Please, #3)
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • The Stocking was Hung (The Holidays, #1)
  • The Casual Rule (The Casual Rule, #1)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • Titanium Security Series Box Set: Volume I (Titanium Security, #1-3)
  • Blur (Changing Colors, #2)
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • Operation Foreplay
  • Without End: A Melrose Shops Novel
  • Triple Play (Homeruns, #3)
You could say Brooke Blaine was a book-a-holic from the time she knew how to read; she used to tell her mother that curling up with one at 4 a.m. before elementary school was her ‘quiet time.’ Not much has changed except for the espresso I.V. pump she now carries around and the size of her onesie pajamas.

She is the author of Flash Point, a romantic suspense standalone, as well as the co-author of

L.A. Liaisons (3 books)
  • Hooker (L.A. Liaisons, #2)
  • P.I.T.A. (L.A. Liaisons #3)
“If you can’t tell your friends to fuck off with a smile and know they aren’t going anywhere, then you don’t have real friends.” 27 likes
“We’ll have to make the bar a few inches longer to accommodate the plumbing.”
“And?”
Hunter scanned the plans and then shrugged. “That’s it.”
I gaped at him. “That’s it? I came all this way for a few measly inches?”
When he burst into laughter, I flushed, realizing how he took it. I didn’t mean those inches.”
1 likes