Start by marking “Plaything: Volume 1 (Plaything, #1)” as Want to Read:
Plaything: Volume 1 (Plaything, #1)

Plaything: Volume 1

(Plaything #1)

I’ve been sold. That’s what he tells me. Sold as a rich man’s plaything to the highest bidder. I’m to be shipped to the other side of the world, where I’ll disappear without a trace. I’ve nobody coming after me, nobody who’ll even know I’ve gone.

But I’m no plaything.

I’ve already been rejected for sale once. Not fit for purpose. Too fiery, too uncouth.

Two choices remain. Su
Kindle Edition, Volume 1, 60 pages
Published December 15th 2015 (first published December 9th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Plaything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plaything

CC
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Amy has gotten herself into a sticky situation being sold as a sex slave to an international bidder. During her training with Alistair, a beastly man and Robert’s brother, Amy has proven to be defiant and not pliable as a submissive. Since her obstinance poses a problem for her sellers, reinforcement has been beckoned by the ultimate ringleader.

“This is sex slavery. Pure and simple. I’ve been kidnapped. I’ve been sold. I will be used for sex. That’s not submission.”

Robert is a successful ent
Olga therebelreader
Jade West and Jason Luke collaborate in a spendidly erotic and suspenseful D/S tale. I won’t say much about the plot because the blurb is awesome and enough detailed. Here are my thoughts about Robert and Amy’s D/S relationship:

photo tumblr_lqpiqpxjRV1r0fsjoo1_500_zpsofjjhkgy.jpg

What I liked…

** It was not your usual BDSM book. It had a lot of build up and took its time with the story

** Robert was so thoughtful, caring, considerate and strong

** I loved the dual POV. It was nice to get inside their head and understand their fears and internal con
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
The announce of a book between Jason Luke and Jade Est was a promise to enter a world of real pleasure. Who's better than the king of masterhip and the princess of submission joigning forces to bring us a sensual, arousing story?

After finishing this first part, i have to admit I'm a little confused. If I have to simply rate the steam level, I'll give it easily 4 but here I am giving 2 because it was all pretty confusing.

We have Robert who seems to be a sucessful business man but threathen by hi
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
ARC kindly provided by the authors in exchange for an honest review.

Eeeks. I wanted to get my hands on this book so bad and I wasn't disappointed!
Amy is a young woman, suffering in the hands of slave traders. She is strong and she has no intention of submitting to her masters. She wishes to be free. She wants her life back.
Everything changes when they hand her over to Robert. He is to train her and bend her to his will so she can be sold off.
Robert is calm and nothing like his family. He thought
Michelle
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first installment of Plaything introduces quite a bit of a screwed up story. Robert is returning home at the request of his father, a man he’s kept his distance from – both in his profession and in his heart. But with one threat, Robert is left having to make a choice – leave and lose what he’s been building or stay and possibly lose himself.

Amy didn’t ask to be taken. And she isn’t willing to submit. But when she realizes that her future is not within her control, that there is no way she’s
Sophia Triad
I normally love Jade West's books. This is s collaboration with Jason Luke. I still haven't read any of his own books, but they are recommended. So, I may give a try soon. Thus, I was looking forward to starting this series.
That being said, I was a bit disappointed of this first book. It is a fairly short book and a short series. I can understand that the two main characters cannot be developed fully, but after a while I realised that I don't really like them. Neither of them.
Amy got herself int
littleKitten
Shelves: arc, read-in-2015
4 "Trust Me" Stars

What a great collaboration between West and Luke. Their short novella left me panting and wanting more right meow. Fingers crossed, I'm hope they're all this good and they end up writing a bunch more.

photo tumblr_mwwb0sx2NZ1t0fjixo1_400_zps721f30d1.gif

Louise Seraphim Reviews
Well this promises to be an incredibly hot and addictive series from Jade West and Jason Luke.

Plaything Vol 1 is a novella, and the first part to this new collaboration between two of the hottest writers in the erotica/BDSM/dark romance genres.
I was so excited when I heard about Plaything, it had the potential to be an incredible story, and written by 2 amazing authors just made it even more tempting.

Volume One kicks off this story and although short, it's action from the very first page, thr
Janey
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great short and sweaty start, exhibiting the collaboration of these two erotic authors very nicely.

Amy finds herself kidnapped, and being subsequently tortured into submission, following an evening with a seemingly rich, dominant, who had inclinations along the BDSM lines that Amy also had a fondness for.

Battered into submission and then sold, she found herself returned to her captors for being a disobedient submissive.

Robert receives a summons to return home, somewhere he was glad to walk awa
Paige
4.5 "Still Fighting" Stars!

Jade and Jason. Together?! Yes, please.

The first volume of the cowritten dark, BDSM, captive serial left one heck of a punch. With Jason's intellectual twist to BDSM and Jade's pushing the limits sex scenes, these two created a storyline filled with suspense and intrigue with massive amounts sexual tension. While the theme had me cringing at times because of the dark depravity Amy was suffering, the addition of Robert left me a panting, hopeful mess.

Amy finds hersel
Ellen Gail

I have LOVED Jade West's books in the past. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again - her Dirty Bad series is top shelf erotica. So when I saw she had a new collab out with Jason Luke, who I had not read, I jumped on it!

I was grossly disappointed by Plaything. Where was the fabulous chemistry? The sense of consent and respect between the characters? The charming humor and character development?

This is a story about a sex slave, and mixing slavery and erotica makes me very very nervous.
 Lynsey Goddard ❤
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fbbf
.•.•*) .•*) .•*).•*)
(.• (.•` REVIEW (.• (.•`

Plaything Volume 1 by Jason Luke and Jade West

3 Stars ★★★ ~ Lynsey

From the masters of BDSM Jason Luke and Jade West comes a new series of novella's. Plaything is the first part of I'm not sure how many.

To be honest I felt a little underwhelmed with this book, I struggled to gel with any of the characters, personally I think it's because Part 1 is so short it didn't allow for much of a storyline to develop, no background or history apart from the kn
***Cheryl***
Shelves: arc-s
This was a great start to what I think will be a great little series.

I enjoy both Jason and Jade's books so I was excited to see what they would do together.

It was a fairly short quick read and really just felt like the beginning and more set the scene for the rest of the series. It's about Amy who has been kidnapped and sold in the BDSM underworld but however is proving difficult to train therefore has been returned. This is where Robert enters, he's the black sheep of the family and want's n
Tracy Reads
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i am positive i already reviewed this one not sure why it comes up i did not :(

Brilliant book from two fantastic authors plaything was not at all what i expected it was so much more, amy and robert's story is just getting started and i cannot wait to see where this goes, HOT sex, suspense, thrilling and keeps you right on the edge of your seat Roberts father needs sharp object to the eye but i figure i should hold out on the anger and this story looks to get a hell of a lot better !
Amy
Dec 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Plaything
Jason Luke and Jade West
3. 5 stars

Let me begin by saying I have not read Interview With A Master by Jason Luke so that may have had some influence on my rating. Im not sure. I was somewhat confused with some of the events and the characters but again that could be just me. I have read a few of Jade West books (Dirty Bad series) so again potentially I may have been more focused on the mindset of her books than what actually was happening here.

Robert is a successful business man who is b
The Smutbrarians
Value-4.5
Overall Rating- 4.5
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Lindsey

Hell yes!!! Finally a series I want to sink my teeth into. First off get ready for a huge cliffy! Like major.... you will probably want to throw your Kindle or whatever you read on. I may have done that. ;)

From the very start to the very end my attention was on NOTHING but this book. The pace is extremely fast but I didn't feel like I was missing anything. I was amazed that I couldn't tel
Mazmum
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It carries just the right amount of suspense to make me eagerly await the next part.

Amy has been taken - stolen away to be sold to the highest bidder. But Amy isn't easily broken, so returned back because of her behaviour, she's being held for more training so they can realise their asset. As far as Amy is concerned though, she will never bow, she will never give to their ugly ways.

Robert thinks he has escaped the family business, but one phone call drags him back in.
Kelly Anne  O'Connor
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow ! Jade and Jason make an awesome team bringing an original and very hot book to life ! I'm a huge Jade West fan so I'm always going to read anything this woman writes. This pairing with Jason Luke brings something new for Jade fans. It's not a typical Jade book but it's not a Jade book it's something new and different and should be viewed that way.
Plaything is part one of a novella series - I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea but I love them, I love being able to read a book quickly in
Sheila
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amy never wanted to be a submissive, but she was tricked and stolen to be sold as one. Robert never wanted to train her but he's being blackmailed into playing his part in a family legacy he has tried leaving behind. But He's the best alternative if Amy's going to make it out of this with her spirit still intact. She's trying to accept the fact that she truly can't get free so she might as well try to learn to enjoy her submission and hope for a pleasant future with her Saudi owner. Robert has 7 ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
After a long absence from his family, Robert is summoned back and ordered to “retrain” a girl who has not performed. Wanting nothing to do with the situation, he is blackmailed into the family business once again.

Amy is stuck. She has been taken, sold, and stripped of her every free will. The only issue, the buyer wants her retrained because she is a little too much of a fighter.

The relationship from the start between these two is a reluctant one. Neither really wanting to be where they are or
Bella
3.5 Stars

I love Jade West's Dirty Bad series. Consumed every word while looking over my shoulder to make sure no one got a glance at what I was reading.

Plaything is a story about a girl begin taken, sold and trained to be a submissive. If you don't like reading about this - be warned, it may not be for everyone.

Things I liked about this book:
- Alternating POV.
- Robert - he really made the story for me. He is the "black sheep" of his family because he wants nothing to do with the selling and t
Karen111
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bdsm-kinks-taboo
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. The type of story this is, where there is really just the two main characters for most of the book, a full length book would be more appropriate. This all felt rushed, with hardly any character development. I knew very little about either Robert or Amy by the end of this first instalment.

I found it hard to believe that Amy was ready for sex the day after Robert took her from the main house. From the opening chapter we know that she was batt
Maïwenn  B
3.5 Stars

I'm always waiting impatiently for Jade West's new release.
I'm in awe of her writing, she makes me feel her words like an experience.
Like I'm the one trying new things.

She didn't disappoint here. Joigning forces with Jason Luke was a brilliant move.

Whereas before I loved to learn about submission, here I loved how submission was taught from another perspective.

It was perfectly written, beautiful and artistic.

If it was for the words and the prose I would have given it 5 stars. But unfort
She Hearts Books
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Plaything is a short sexy read that had me wanting more at the end. When I heard that Jade and Jason were writing together, I couldn't wait to read this novella.

Amy's story begins when she is taken by a horrible man to be made into a slave to be sold. When they have trouble breaking her, they bring in Robert as a last resort. Robert has one week to train her or else. He is blackmailed into participating. I couldn't get a very good read on him yet. He is both hard and gentle with Amy. I can't wa
Maria York
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Omg two amazing author bring one h3ll of a story!
Amy has been kidnaped, failed training and was sold only to be given back to be retrained. She has fought it all the way using her hope to get out! But when things get sticky she realizes that she needs to learn how to be submissive or else!
Robert is home to see for himself if one of the people he hates, even though it's family, is dying! But what he finds could destroy him!
Amazing frost part and I cannot wait for part two! Yay so exciting and
Louise BookbestiesUK
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good start to what could be a very interesting story

A fabulous teaming of the very fun and filthy Jade West and master of kink Jason Luke!!!

I'm a MASSIVE Jade West fan- and I was really excited to see something new from her, stepping away from the dirt, bad series

The blurb on this pretty much gives you the full jist of the whole story- so there really isn't much point me rehashing it......

I'll just say my thoughts on this one-

A promising start, interesting storyline, a family feud, kink and
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for honest review.

I really loved how Jade and Jason worked and made this volume 1 in the series. It is very seductive and very fast paced.
This is filled with Suspense, wondering what is going to happen. Once I started I couldn’t stop till I finished

Amy has already been rejected for sale once. Not fit for purpose. She is strong, feisty.

Robert being the black sheep, of the family. Has been given 7 days to train Amy to became Submissive to be sold, Or he could lose everything.

R
Michelle
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it

Plaything is the start of a promising dark BDSM story from two Amazing Authors.

I have read books by both of these authors and have really enjoyed their books which have been 5 star quality.

The problem I had with Plaything is that the length of this book did not allow enough character development and this left me unconnected, that being said I am still going to one click Part two in the hopes that Jason Luke & Jade West will be able to grip me and take me deeper into this story.
Aliyeh
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Four intriguing stars

Very short start but towards the end I definitely could see this one turning into a good story. It is gritty and dark. Robert's family sells women once they turn them into a submissive. Robert despises his family, leaving the family trade behind years ago until his father threatens to tear down everything he has built on his own. He has one two choices: let his life fall to pieces or train the untrainable submissive better than his brother. Part two comes out in January!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Embers of Starlight
  • Scarred (Demons of Hell MC #1)
  • Tic : Soulless Bastards MC No Cal Book 3 (Soulless Bastards MC No Cal, #3)
  • Twisted Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #3)
  • Dangerous Intentions (His Agenda, #2)
  • Beyond Revenge (Ransom, #2)
  • Cut Wide Open (Bleeding Scars MC, #1)
  • Our Final Tale  (Iron Fury MC, #6)
  • Retribution (Uncovering You #4)
  • Devil's Mark (The Devil's Keepers, #2)
  • Whiskey: Ruthless Bastards (RBMC Book 1)
  • Nomad (Lucifer's Legion Motorcycle Club #2)
  • Dauntless (Sons of Templar MC, #5)
  • Messy and Shattered (Abduct, #1)
  • The Bonus  (Zeta Cartel, #1)
  • Inferno (SKALS, #4)
  • Junkie (Broken Doll #1)
  • Dirty Bad Strangers (Dirty Bad, #3)
Jason Luke enjoyed several years involved in the BDSM lifestyle - but he is quick to point out that his experiences don't qualify him as an expert, any more than knowing how to drive a car makes him a qualified mechanic. 'Interview with a Master' is a novel about how one man became a Master. The book is a work of fiction, but Jason has drawn heavily on encounters from his own real life. He won't s ...more

Plaything (3 books)
  • Plaything: Volume 2 (Plaything, #2)
  • Plaything: Volume 3 (Plaything, #3)