Start by marking “Forgotten World (Broken World #6)” as Want to Read:
Forgotten World (Broken World #6)

Forgotten World

(Broken World #6)

Forgotten World, book six in the Broken World series, continues following a group of survivors after a super-virus has decimated the human race and the dead have come back to claim it as their own...

After the longest winter of her life, Vivian is thrilled to have Ginny back at her side. But joy soon turns to shock when the group learns that not only is Hope Springs in
Published December 22nd 2015 (first published December 16th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Forgotten World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgotten World

Start your review of Forgotten World (Broken World #6)
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had a fantastic time with this book. This is the sixth book in the Broken World series which really does need to be read in order. While there is a seventh book in the series, this book really wrapped up the main story. I feel like I have been on quite the adventure with Vivian and the rest of the book and I really wanted to see things work out for them. This was one of those books that was almost impossible to put down.

This book
Fathima
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 ' ugly sobbing because heart-breaking' stars !!

Wow ... just .... wow ! I don't think I've cried , flat out sobbed , this much ever since I read God-Shaped hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo .. And they are very different books with very different endings mind you . Let me make this clear . Its not the end that I've cried over . Although yes , the ending did leave me wanting more , so much more . I cried while I was at the 30-40% , then I cried , no wait , I ugly cried with snot running down from my
Nicole M. Hewitt
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

It's here!! The final installment in the Broken World series!! I have such mixed feelings about this because I LOVE these characters, and I hate to see them go, but Mary managed to give us an extremely satisfying end to their journeys. (NOTE: Mary has said that, while this is the last in the series for now, she may revisit our friends sometime in the future. And she managed to wrap the story up beautifully while still
Maria
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The finale to this epic zombie series. Vivian and the group have been through so much they found bits of happiness here and there and occasional safety but they have lost along the way especially people. Finding some of them again brings back the hope that things could get better especially with the news Ginny and Jon share when they find them in Hope Springs.

Is it possible that Angus could be the answer to finding vaccine for the virus? When it all comes down to it though will he even want to
TG KMT | QUESTL❥VE
*cries in sadness cause this series is finished*

Survival of the fittest. Apocalyptic Romance. Heartbreaking Loss. Hope. Terror.

WOW. I seriously loved this series. I literally picked "Broken World" -Book #1- up without having read the blurb. Just looked at the cover and thought.. "Hmm ..This looks interesting". I didn't even know there was zombies. Ugh. The horror of it all. This moment is a lil bittersweet - Happy i picked "Broken World" to read and getting to know Viv, Axl, Angus and the gang
Dezieroze
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series will be hard to beat!

This entire apocalypse series was/is the best zombie story I have read. And I have read many of them. All of the characters are believable, well liked, but also missed as they die throughout the series. The main characters, are portrayed as strong individuals, and really stand out as special people, taking risks to save themselves as well as the rest of the group. Thank you Kate L. Mary for creating such a wonderful dystopian zombie apocalyptic series.
 ♡♡~Cyborg-Scifi-Lover~♡♡
I was so excited when I started reading this! And again Kate L. Mary did it again.
But almost halfway through I thought NOOO no way and later in the book again NOOO OMG
this was so so good I wished that I could read it al over again.
Like it was the first time!
(At some point I definitely will do that).

Thank you Kate for this amazing serie. I love / loved reading them!
Constance
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really great series.
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
This was an outstanding book in the series. There was so much action and heartbreak and the author had cut out some of the more repetitive issues with the writing, so I LOVED it! I loved that all of them were struggling to make sure Angus got there and that baby Megan was safe too. This was just an outstanding book and I felt like there was a good ending here, though I hated some of the heartbreaking deaths.
N B
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's hard saying goodbye to a group of best friends when you or they move on, and that's what I feel like I'm doing here. I have loved this series from the beginning. And what a thrilling ending to an exciting and amazing series!
The group of survivors, now otherwise lovingly referred to as "the family", heads from Colorado to Atlanta, Georgia, since they have learned that Atlanta has built a walled town like in Hope Springs, yet even more advanced. Better yet, the CDC (Center for Disease
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

So - pretty satisfying ending. Angus basically stole the show. I liked that Angus became a decent guy but I had a problem with the way he went from being one type of guy to being a big ol creampuff without addressing some of his worst moments. I felt like the author just kind of gradually turned him around and it wasn't quite enough for me. If he had just been your run of the mill rude and condescending asshole it would have been fine. He was a bit worse than that though. In the first
James Evans
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Quite A Stretch!

It is quite a Stretch for me to give this book a three. It was bad enough with Jon, then with Genny. But when it comes to what happened to Angus is pure bullshit and takes so much away from the entire series. One I might say that I was enjoying very much to this point.
Mary Lee
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-sequel
Hated how Angus was handled

This was a pretty good ending to the series, but the Angus ending was done badly and seemed pretty abrupt and senseless. It had bad timing. He deserved better I thought. It appeared tacked on and unemotional. Just weird.
Angela Hatcher
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

I love this series! Book 6 didn't disappoint! I cried and got angry and cried some more..what more could you ever want from a book that makes you feel what the characters do. I was so sad to reach the end..I wasn't ready for it to end.
Shannie
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-obsession
Omg! What a ride! Ive cried happy tears, sad tears & was on the edge of my bed & even did a happy dance when someone was killed *smirks* This series was filled with zombie action, deaths, good & bad humans but most of all love. Loved it from beginning to end. ...more
Carly Kirk
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Excellent ending to an excellent series... kinda sad that it has ended, but everything does get tied up quite nicely
Tammy
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, zombies
Love this series. One of the best zombie series I have read!!
Melissa Huffman smith
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Hated how so many people in this story died but it was still an amazing story loved it. Excellent series
Gina
Easily the best-written of the series so far. The emotional scenes have more punch (in my opinion) than any of the others in the books before. When we lose characters in this one, it feels more like ever before like cohesive parts of the plot, rather than "I guess it's time to thin the herd". The ending felt like it could use a few more pages or something...a little more finality. Maybe I'm just picky about endings.

I know there are other books in series/setting, and I'll get to them at some
Jennifer Zamboni
Tense!

🐺🌕🐺

Yup, tense is a good word for this book! Every moment thought their journey, they have to remain on high alert. Its tough enough just surviving the zombies, but they also have to survive their companions. (Dax, Im looking at you.) Its a rough way to travel.

Vivian and Axl are strong in this book. I love how low the angst is in these books! Angus has become a character that Im quote attached to, there a lots of heartbreaking and heartwarming moments involving him.

I was sad to say goodbye
Tina Gundy
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forgotten World (Broken World Series, Book 6) by Kate L. Mary and narrated by Hillary Huber kept my interest and makes me want more.

The groups main focus is getting Angus to Atlanta and they hit quite a few bumps along the way. Theres a good amount of action in the second half, friendships and relationships continue to grow, the not-so-nice guy leading them to Atlanta (he wasnt as bad as her usual villains, so I was a tad disappointed), loses, gains, and of course zombies! The story is told
Charlotte Miller
This book picks up on following the survivors on their journey and continues to draw you into the story and into the characters.
The little town of Hope Springs is surviving, but is run by Dax, a man that seems to not be very grounded in the reality of how dire surviving is and what it takes to be outside of the walled area that Hope Springs has set up for themselves.
The group finds that Angus is immune to the virus and that he is the potential hope for the CDC to come up with a vaccine. The
Vettech
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian-sci-fi
Forgotten World has our group heading to Atlanta to the CDC. This journey has them all on edge for good reason.....it's bad enough to be dealing with flesh chomping Zombies, but when you add nasty good for nothing humans into the mix it makes it down right dangerous beyond words. Will everyone that left Hope Springs, Colorado make it to Atlanta.....lets just say the odds are not in their favor!

I really love this series and I believe this particular book made me cry like never before. There were
Twilla Wickedly Sweet and Synful Book Blog
Emily Goodman
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kate L Mary once again reeled me into her post apocalyptic series Broken World. In the sixth book of the series, Forgotten World we find out band of survivors out in the open once again traveling back to where it started for some, the East coast. Set on getting Angus to Atlanta, Hope Springs along with our favorite characters travel through a Forgotten World facing zombies, death and destruction at each corner. Mary brings out the best of each character along their travels. Their fear, worries ...more
Tiffany
TP
The full review can be found under book 1 of the Broken World Series by Kate L. Mary.

Although the first 4 books in this series were great zombie entertainment, the last 2 books lacked. And it felt like it was only with the goal ahead to start a new series, the twisted world Series.

To live side by side through four books with characters to get such a sloppy and unsatisfied ending, was not a good experience.
Red
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exceptional (well, if you don't count the careless mistakes in the book). I have so grown to love this "family" as they strive to survive. Anyone who has gotten this far in the series knows that it is great! Don't read this book, though, unless you've read the previous books in the series. I cried. A lot! (Kate, do you need a proof-reader?)
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
What a series I still have book 7 to read but wow I have loved this series it is definitely ones I have ever read!!!! The Characters are very believable.. The main characters are so strong and I have to admit this one made me cry a lot I felt like I was losing a family member I have grown that fond of these characters.

Brandy Mulder
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cried like a baby at the end of this book. We loose one of our original characters! I was holding my breath in so many places in this book. Love, loss, and hard choices leave the characters battered physically and mentally as they fight to make it to Atlanta. I can't wait to see how things go down in the next one!!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Prepared (Sundown #1)
  • Survive (Sundown #2)
  • Alive (Sundown #3)
  • Edge of Defiance (Edge of Collapse, #5)
  • Peripeteia (The City, #2)
  • Mordacious (The City, #1)
  • Instauration (The City Series Book 3)
  • World Departed (Cascadia, #1)
  • Edge of Anarchy (Edge of Collapse #4)
  • Edge of Collapse (Edge of Collapse #1)
  • The Darkest Winter (Savage North Chronicles #1)
  • The End of Everything (The End of Everything #1)
  • All the Stars in the Sky (Until the End of the World, #3)
  • And After (Until the End of the World, #2)
  • Torment (Sundown #4)
  • Until the End of the World (Until the End of the World, #1)
  • The End of Everything: Book 2
  • Point of Impact (Nuclear Dawn #1)
Kate L. Mary is an award-winning author of Adult, New Adult, and Young Adult fiction, ranging from Post-apocalyptic tales of the undead to Speculative Fiction and Contemporary Romance! Her YA book, When We Were Human, was a 2015 Childrens Moonbeam Book Awards Silver Medal winner for Young Adult Fantasy/Sci-Fi Fiction, and a 2016 Readers Favorite Gold Medal winner for Young Adult Science Fiction. ...more

Broken World (7 books)
  • Broken World (Broken World, #1)
  • Shattered World (Broken World, #2)
  • Mad World (Broken World, #3)
  • Lost World (Broken World, #4)
  • New World (Broken World, #5)
  • Silent World (Broken World #7)

News & Interviews

“That’s when it hits me: he smiles too much. That’s what bothers me about Dax. No one smiles that much, especially not these days. It can’t be real, and thinking about what he’s trying to hide behind that smile makes me nervous.” 0 likes