Start by marking “Digital Horizon (#Hacker, #3)” as Want to Read:
Digital Horizon (#Hacker, #3)

Digital Horizon

(#Hacker #3)

Reeling from the death of her father, Farris is on the verge of losing everything. When an unexpected offer lands her a summer internship inside a secret government think tank filled with hackers, she leaps at the opportunity to get some answers. Someone has done the unthinkable, penetrating a hack-proof system and stealing vital military intel--which may have lead to her ...more
Published February 8th 2016 by Clean Teen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Digital Horizon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Digital Horizon

Start your review of Digital Horizon (#Hacker, #3)
Brit
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sherry. Sherry. Sherry.

What have you done? You have hook, line and sucker-punch-sunk me into this hacker world of yours. And I can’t get enough. It just gets better.

In book 3 of the series, Farris, our main character (and my personal snarkasm hero) is presented with an opportunity to put her skills to use for the highest stakes yet. But it will take everything she knows, and her ability to quickly figure out what she doesn’t know, to muddle her way through the challenges and come out on the othe
Joood Hooligan
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The end of the second book left me needing to read this one, because that ending! I needed answers... and oh man, I got them.

Farris frustrates me so much in this one. Although she countered it by being so much cooler than in the last two. Also, this one focuses less on romance and much more on her skills. There's so crazy action going on.

For those of you less interested in the romantical par
Melanie's
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd installment in the #Hacker series and after the end of book 2 I could not WAIT to get this in my hands and let me tell you this book does not disappoint! Without giving away any spoilers I have to say this is my favorite so far with the most action, but more importantly the most growth by these teenager characters. I am constantly amazed at how this author continues to impress with real insight into young adults that is often overlooked in these sorts of books.

A total page turner
booknerd_dork
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hacker, ya
I loved it!!! The plot had me flying through the pages. The action and suspense dang so totally cool.
And Oz I want to fan myself, lol have a little crush on him ;p
After how the second book ended I was eager to know more and was excited to read this book. I love Farris for being her and I've adored her from beginning her for that.
So totally COOL!!! Loved and enjoyed the book and am even more excited to read the sequel! Got an arc in exchange of an honest review.
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All Readers
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Sherry Ficklin
As everybody has learned by now, I am a true YA Paranormal fan, but from time to time, you can find me venturing out of my comfort zone and diving into other genres…….

Well, I have once again devoured another phenomenal read by this amazing author. It took me six hours straight, non stop reading, but it has taken me twenty-four hours to gather my thoughts to write this review. I needed time to wrap my brain around the turn of events that happened in this story. Now, I still don’t have my brain wr
Alyssa
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sherry has done it again, from the first page I couldn't put this book down. The end of the last book had me counting down the days until this one came out and even though I hate waiting, it was well worth the wait. This book started where the last one left off and left me on a roller coaster ride of emotions with each turn the story took. It has everything all bottled into one book, and we even get to revisit a character from the beginning. Now I'm just waiting for the next book to come out to ...more
Keagan
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I don't know how Sherry does it, but Digital Horizon was even better than In Too Deep. This series just keeps getting better and better. We get more action and of course, a few more emotional bits, because apparently, we have to be a little broken by the end of the book, too.

I'm ready for book 4, any time now.

5/5 Platypires
Bradley (AudioShelf)
I LOVE this series, but I'm kind of disappointed in this installment :(

For two books, I have loved Farris and have supported her in every decision she's made (especially with men). But in Digital Horizons, she really irked me when it came to relationships. I got the sense that she treated Cole poorly the entire book for no good reason--as she fawned over someone else (not to mention that person was her superior).

I also don't know if I ever grieved the loss of Farris' father at the end of Book
Annie
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review **

I honestly liked this very much...its kind of a cozy mystery...it had a little hacking, a little mystery, some danger and some romance...all wrapped up in a very well narrated package!! I will check out the rest of the series soon..i recommend!!
Bekah the Awesome
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had to read this immediately because of what book 2 did to me. IT. TRAUMATIZED. ME. This was great. Just like, really, there’s so many levels to this story. The action is great, the feels are feel-y, and the end leaves you on the edge of your seat, FIENDING for the next book.

Which brings me to my next point, OMF SHERRY, can we talk about these bleeping endings?! Why you gotta be so cruel?!
Mimi Davis Hopkins
Adventures Of A Teenage Geek

Once again great writing by sherry Ficklin, with the same well defined characters, with a new and exciting twist to their adventures. This is a must read. Hoping now are published, it so on to the next adventure!😀
Sydney Erin
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love this series. I am incredibly frustrated right now though because I want another but there isn’t but there better be. Wow. This one wasn’t as good as the two before it but it was still amazing!
Ethan Gregory
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Full review and more available at: http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogsp...

*****
My Thoughts:

As my readers well know, Sherry D. Ficklin is one of my all-time favorite young adult authors. Her works transcend across genres and shatter boundaries, leaving only awe in their paths. Back in the fall she released her newest series, a YA mystery sci-fi thriller that set the stage for a saga I wasn't too sure about. While book one and I may not have seen eye to eye, book two really upped the ante and had
Holly
Oh. My. Lord. I did not think it was possible for me to love the #HACKER series from Sherry Ficklin more than I already did. Well, guess what? IT IS! This is the third installment in the series, and it is quite possibly my favorite of them all.

Sherry's writing just keeps getting more and more amazing with every single book she releases. I'm not sure if she could write something that I *didn't* like. And DIGITAL HORIZON is absolutely no exception. If you've read (or go check out) my reviews for b
David
Decent plot and writing, best of the three

More plot and a little fewer relationships than the first two books in the series. The balance was good; still on the fluffy side but the tech was a bit more realistic than the other books as well. Still no tech details; it's all hand-wavy but sticks at least in part to somewhat realistic stuff. The action is a little contrived but the suspension of disbelief was easy enough and I read it straight through in about 2.5 hours.

It's kind of nice to read thro
Stephenee
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG...Author Sherry Ficklin has done an amazing job with this series so far and I can't wait to see what will happen next! I have fallen in love with these amazing characters and the plot and have been impatiently hounding the author for book 4!

Farris, Cole, Oz, Kayla and the rest of the crew don't disappoint in this amazing installment! They continue to maintain their school lives, their friendships and the plenty of drama that makes up this amazing series. Farris is working a special assignmen
K.M. Robinson
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
See, NOW we’re talking. This is what I’ve been waiting for-the story to fill the Eye Candy shaped hole in my heart from when MTV canceled my awesome hacker show. I loved Digital Horizon, especially since Farris is into the real hacking at this point, finding herself working for the government to find the people responsible for the terrible attack at the end of the last book. We meet a fabulous new cast of characters, relive old trauma, run into an old enemy, and keep secrets through the entire b ...more
Sherry Pace
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down!

I love strong female protagonists. Farris is grounded and competent even though she is only seventeen. There is enough of a romance to satisfy, without being graphic. The technical parts seem believable (to a non-techie) but not so overwhelming as to make the reader's eyes glaze over! I am looking forward to the next installment to see what life throws at Farris and her friends. Although billed as YA fiction, adult reader's will enjoy it too, as I did. Although this book sta
Erin
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is good

This has a faster pace as Farris an her new team are racing against a big bad hacker. The author is able to make plunking away in computers seem very action packed. The dialogue remains strong as this book adds more action to the mix.

What is unique about the romance of this book is that it's very much a part of the story, but it's also how her love life changes as she grows into the woman she is becoming.
Jan farnworth
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Totally loved this book it one of my favorite of the series by far. As you read along with the others book in the series you really get to know Farris and you fall in love with her and you cheer along as she grown into this incredible character that is so strong, brave and dam right fearless. This one has a lot of action, some sweet romance and the end you be saying what in the box what in the box :) A must read for the hacker series.
Bradleigh
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sherry has done it again. Her characters have worked their way into my feelings. The plot of this series really improved from the first book. Prepare yourself to be left wanting more at the end of this one, though. Sigh.
Lindsey
Mar 27, 2018
Justin Fleischman
May 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Believe in Me (Jett #1)
  • The Metaphor of Fake Dating (Brazos High Romance #4)
  • Her Two Professor Daddies: New Adult Menage Romance
  • Masterminds (Masterminds, #1)
  • Murder in Black Tie (High Society Lady Detective, #4)
  • Shadow
  • Vivid (The Grayson Family, #1)
  • The Great Treehouse War
  • I Choose You
  • Truth or Dare (Truth or Dare, #1)
  • The Princess and the Pit Stop
  • Striking Out with the Star Pitcher (How to Catch a Crush, #1)
  • Twice Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #2)
  • I See You  (Criminal Profiler #4)
  • Taming Zach (Team Loco Book 1)
  • Fortune Funhouse (Miss Fortune Mystery, #19)
  • The Secret of the Night Train
  • Just Pretending (Hearts to Follow #1)
Sherry is the author of over a dozen novels for teens and young adults including the best selling Stolen Empire series. She can often be found browsing her local bookstore with a large white hot chocolate in one hand and a towering stack of books in the other. That is, unless she's on deadline at which time she, like the Loch Ness monster, is only seen in blurry photographs.
Sherry also writes cont

#Hacker (3 books)
  • Playing With Fire (#Hacker, #1)
  • In Too Deep (#Hacker, #2)