Start by marking “To the Last Drop: A Coffee House Cozy Mystery (Maggy Thorsen Mystery, #9)” as Want to Read:
To the Last Drop: A Coffee House Cozy Mystery (Maggy Thorsen Mystery, #9)

To the Last Drop: A Coffee House Cozy Mystery

(Maggy Thorsen Mystery #9)

Maggy Thorsen returns in this brand-new coffeehouse mystery, where the death of her ex-husband's colleague leads to events that hit Maggy close to home - in more ways than one . . .

Maggy Thorsen's shock at finding her ex-husband Ted in a fight with William Swopes, an oral surgeon at Ted's dental practice, outside Uncommon Grounds, the Wisconsin gourmet coffeehouse she co
Published November 1st 2016 by Severn House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about To the Last Drop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To the Last Drop

Ivonne Rovira
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coffee shop owner Maggy Thorsen doesn’t have the best relationship with her ex-husband, Ted. No wonder, as he dumped her for his much-younger dental hygienist. Their relationship doesn’t improve when Ted’s new partner in his dental practice ends up sailing out of his office window.

Maggy — despite her bad karma with Ted — ends up looking into the death of oral surgeon William Swope, which first appears to be a suicide. But Maggy realizes otherwise. She also realizes that her relationship with her
Jeanie Jackson
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
If snark and intelligence are among your preferences for a great mystery, To the Lost Drop will be on your must read list. I love that not only does Maggy have mental snark down to the perfection, her coffee house partner has no filter on her mouth. Sometimes what she spouts makes me cringe, but I still have to laugh and I do wish I could let it out sometimes. I can so relate to the thoughts.

While Maggy has no intention of investigating the death of her ex's new partner, she keeps getting drawn
Spuddie
This series remains one of the few "cozy" type mysteries that I can still read without gagging. The whole cozy formula just makes me grit my teeth for the most part, but this series has a little more of an edge with a main character who's not quite so form-fitted to the usual mold. This entry in the series did leave me cringing a bit though, as I really had to suspend my disbelief to get through it. Mostly because, while coffee shop owner Maggy Thorsen often seems to get herself involved in vari ...more
Susan
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Coffee-house owner Maggy may be divorced, but she is still tied to her cheating ex-husband through their college age son Eric. So it concerns her when her husband's new partner in his dental practice exits their office through a tenth-story window. Eric is concerned that the man's college age daughter may be involved, and Ginny, the daughter, worries about her mother, who seems to want Maggy's help but who continually lies to her. It's quite a tangle, but Balzo has a least-likely suspect or two ...more
Katie
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just love this series so much.
Hazel Edwards
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoyable read. Coffee shop and dentist details.
Groucho42
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shorter than usual, cute, fast flowing. This title is very humorously tied to the story line, more clearly than in many titles. Fast flowing, implausible, good conversations, as fun as usual.
Linda
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
A "cosy" mystery with several ho hum characters and a death to figure out. Suicide or homicide? Not my cup of tea, or coffee in this effort where there as many pots brewing as clues tossed about.
Kristina
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
To The Last Drop by Sandra Balzo is the ninth book in A Coffee House Cozy Mystery series. Maggy Thorson owns Uncommon Grounds with her business partner and friend, Sarah Kingston in Brookhills, Wisconsin. Maggy inherited almost $50,000 from her brother and is visiting Lynne Swope, a financial advisor. Lynne is married to William who just joined Maggy’s ex-husband’s (Ted) dental practice. That evening the book club group is meeting at Uncommon Grounds. The group includes Lynne and William. Ted st ...more
Lisa Morin
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have been a long time fan of this series.
From book one I have watched the story grow and change and I am happy to say that I still enjoy the story as much as I did when I read the first book in the series.

Strange things have been brewing up at Uncommon Grounds and when Maggy witnesses her ex husband having a heated discussion with the new oral surgeon at his dental office, Maggie can't help but wonder why.
When the oral surgeon, William Swopes is found dead, the possibility of suicide is questi
Ann
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Maggy Thorsen is back at Uncommon Grounds with her new business partner Sarah. The coffee shop is doing well and when Maggy heads home after the book club arrives she is witness to her ex husband and his new dental partner having a knock down fight. When she finds the partner dead the next morning she has a list of suspects as long as her arm including his wife and step-daughter. I liked this book with Maggie and older wiser woman sleuth with a boyfriend that is the sheriff in town. Lots of clue ...more
Linda Smatzny
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the ninth and newest book in the Maggy Thorsen Mystery series. It is a very short book - less than 200 pages. Maggy gets pulled into an investigation after being at her former husband's office building when a body is found. Maggy asks lots of questions but feels most of the people involved are failing to tell the complete truth. The book was a very quick easy read.
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was tedious-I used goodreads to try and remind me about the characters etc....not much luck; reading this frustrated me although now that I've finished I will admit the "murder" part of the story-line was good but was bogged down by so much uncertainty about "who everyone was"
Ellen
Nov 20, 2016 rated it liked it
The ninth in this mystery series, the book was a quick, fun read. There was not a lot of depth to the story or the characters, but the future of Maggy and Jake's relationship continue to create interest.
Amy
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
I picked up this series because it is set in Wisconsin, and it's decent, but not as good as I wish every time I pick another one up. The series reminds one of Diane Mott Davidson, but not quite as well written, with slightly less well developed characters.
John Sargent
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice cosy with interesting characters
Emily
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Nice cozy mystery. The killer had me fooled. I'll read more of the series.
Smkelly
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Quick light read. Full of clichés. Good for fans of this genre. I must admit I did not see who the killer was.
Denise
Apr 02, 2019
Holly
Mar 29, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sandra Balzo is an award-winning author of crime fiction, including fourteen books in two mystery series--one set outside Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and the other in the High Country of North Carolina. MURDER a la Mocha, the eleventh Maggy Thorsen Wisconsin coffeehouse mystery, will be released in January, and the series has been optioned for development as a TV series/film.

Balzo's books have garnered

Maggy Thorsen Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Uncommon Grounds (Maggy Thorsen Mystery #1)
  • Grounds for Murder (Maggy Thorsen Mystery #2)
  • Bean There, Done That (Maggy Thorsen Mystery #3)
  • Brewed, Crude and Tattooed (Maggy Thorsen Mystery #4)
  • From the Grounds Up (Maggy Thorsen Mystery #5)
  • A Cup of Jo (Maggy Thorsen Mystery #6)
  • Triple Shot (Maggy Thorsen Mystery #7)
  • Murder on the Orient Espresso (Maggy Thorsen Mystery #8)
  • Importance of Being Urnest: A Coffee House Cozy