Start by marking “Take You Apart (The Everett Files #1)” as Want to Read:
Take You Apart (The Everett Files #1)

Take You Apart

(The Everett Files #1)

*** 2016 Global Ebook Awards Nominee ***

A woman – so young and ripe – lies amid a detritus of pine needles and dirt. Her hair is matted to her face with a mixture of blood and tears and she screams again before subsiding into body wrenching sobs. Her voice is slightly slurred as she begs, “Please, stop. Please, I want to go home. Please don’t do it again.” A pair of black
ebook
Published November 30th 2015 by MoshPit Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Take You Apart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take You Apart

2OCC Reviews
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stefanie
Holy crap on a cracker, this was amazing. From the first page to the last I was engrossed. A fast paced thrilling mystery that grips you with a great story and doesn't let you go. This is something that should be haunting my dreams later tonight, it's a perfect depiction of human depravity and psychotic tendencies. Watch out, I think we may have discovered a new Jeffrey Deaver.

Caleb has a special talent that leads him to be a major asset to the local Police Department's Homicide Division. Dealin
Stephanie Daley
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding read! This was really good. Take You Apart by T.J. Spade was full of suspense and was very entertaining to read. The plot twist in this book was amazing and I did not see many things coming that happened in this book, it kept me guessing till the very end ( I love that when it happens). I loved the authors writing style with this and it never got mundane or wordy. Sometimes with mystery/suspense novels you get overkill with the plot trying to give a suspense feeling and this was not ...more
Teaser Addicts  Book Blog/ PR
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book just let's you wanting more at the end, wich is a good thing !

Caleb the main character has a unique ability and what i liked most about it was that it was all believable. As i read, i could of been watching a great murder series on TV!

Great book for all that likes a good thriller mystery that does actually make you believe and ask yourself if this could be all real. I am now a fan of T. J. Spade!

Book two: Take You to Hell is now available for Pre-order and will be released June, 21
Liz
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Completely recommend this book

Take You Apart is the first book by this author and hopefully not the last. I loved it and am now eagerly awaiting the next one in what will hopefully be a very long series about Caleb Everett.
Nicola Puttick
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
***Reviewed on behalf of Vamp Girl Book Reviews***

I was asked to review by T.J. Spade and I'm so glad I did.

Wow, what a debut novel and the start of a series that I will be definitely be continuing with.
The story starts with eleven-year-old Caleb and his rough start in life at the hands of his abusive father, who thinks Caleb is evil due to a gift that the young boy possesses.

We then skip twenty years and Caleb is a full grown (and may I add ‘hot’) adult who now uses his gift to help the homici
Scarlet
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The story follows Caleb Everett, after having a difficult childhood for the first 11 years of his life he finally catches a break from tragedy and goes to live with his best friends family. He grows up to be a very successful artist but he hides a dark secret.
For some reason his mind is linked to murderers.
If somebody is planning murder he gets to see it, and because of this talent he helps out the local police force becoming very good friends with a detective called Jack.
For years they work to
Diary of a Book Addict
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-sib
Firstly, I would just like to say that this was a brilliant debut book.

Growing up with the ability to see gruesome murders as they’re happening have made Caleb Everett’s life less than easy. After showing up at crime scene, with information he shouldn’t know, Caleb strikes up a friendship with homicide detective, Jack Rafferty and begins assisting the police department with homicide cases.

13 years after solving their first case together, Caleb has become a very sought after artist, he still work
Judi
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scary good

When Caleb Everett escapes for the fire, well he was really saved by someone, he has lost his abusive father. His father in setting the fire, took Calebs mother's life also. You see his father thought Caleb was evil as he could enter the mind of a killer. Fast forward and Caleb has made something of his life. He helps his friend, Jack, who is a homicide detective solve those tough cases. But now a killer is targeting Caleb and the people he love. Can Calebs.gift be a curse instead of h
Jill Farris
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

Wow!!! I love thriller that can keep you on the edge of your seat.
This one did pretty much. I had pegged the killer then a twist was set in the scene and had me trying to figure it out once again.
I love the fact of incorporating psychics.
This was a well worth read.
Characters were likable and the story well written.
Susan
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Take You Apart is the first book in the Everett File series by T.J. Spade. Caleb has psychic abilities and Jack is the cop he helps. They are racing against time to track a serial killer. I found myself unable to put this book down. A compelling thriller with a cast of characters that draw you in. This is a promising start to what I am hoping is a long series! I'm looking forward to more.
Book Wonderz
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book is Amazing it will keep you guessing. I love the story line and the characters in the book. It is a murder mystery and Caleb and Jack are and Awesome partners. This is a book that plenty of book lovers will enjoy.
Theresa Nowaczyk
"T.J. Spade has a satisfyingly sophisticated understanding of criminal behavior within serial killers. Gruesome, brilliant, and hard to put down- T.J. is a natural. Superbly written- 5 deserved stars!" ~Theresa (BookRelations)
Lisa
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This book had me hooked from beginning to end. The storyline and character's were well written. I would highly recommend this book to everyone who likes a good thriller. I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Melanie-Smokenator
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow... it's been a while since I've read a crime thriller. And T.J. Spade just took me back to the good old days of reading similar books by James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell.

Caleb comes with a talent that he wishes he never had. Being in the mind of a killer as he murders his victims. He hears the killer and sees what they do. Worse is he was seeing this even as a young boy. That is a story you will read about in the beginning... You will also meet Detective Jack and how He influences Cale
Kathryn at CLiK Book Blog
I'd love to give this 10 STARS if I could.

This review was done in behalf of CLiK Book Blog.

I'm writing this review at 1:35am because I just don't think I can sleep after plowing through Take You Apart.
If I don't get my feelings down about T J Spades book, they'll be gone by morning.

To say that this was a psychological thriller would leave the description wanting. It was far more than that. It carried such depth to the characters and expressed their emotional turmoil with such ease that, as a
Amanda
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Caleb has a problem that he's had since he was a small child. It's sort of a psychic vision, but he has no control over it. When it takes over it pops him right into the mind of a madman. There is no warning and it's always when the person is committing the crime. He has no chance of stopping whatever is happening. He meets Detective Jack Rafferty on Jack's first case. Caleb knew the man that Jack should be looking for, or at least what he looked like, that was responsible for the first murder t ...more
RBCRRBLOGGER
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewing on behalf of Relentless Book Chics Ramblings and Reviews

I have to be honest, I don’t usually read crime thrillers but after reading this, I’m a convert and I love them! This book gripped me from the first page and I just couldn’t put it down.

How would you feel if you could see through the eyes of a killer as they are committing murder?

From an early age Caleb Everett knew he was different and so did his family. His mother was more accepting of his quirks but his abusive father took thin
Julie
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Take You Apart is a grizzly, dark thriller reminiscent of a Jo Nesbo novel. The one big difference is that the chief detective has the help of a psychic!

Poor, poor Caleb! The introduction to this character and his young life is so difficult to read. His father’s assumption that his visions and drawings are the sign of being possessed by the devil is frightening! The aftermath of his zealous father’s actions is shocking. Between his father and his visions, it is surprising that Caleb is a functio
Lynsey M. Stewart
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow, a great story with plenty of twists and turns to keep you on your toes!

I had been asked by Natasha to give a review and I will admit at first I wasn't sure how I would find it. Romance novels are my passion and this novel seemed more of a thriller/detective story. How wrong was I? There is a sweet little romance which is developed through the book.

At first I was challenged by the story being written from the 3rd person point of view. Most romance novels write in the first person so that's
Amanda Allen benoit
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing read that had me pinned to my chair from the first chapter. It follows Caleb, a psychic who can see murder...in his head. He plays a never ending reel of murders in his mind, but uses his gift for good. Jack Rafferty is a homicide detective who meets Caleb on his first case. They quickly form a bond and Caleb helps him out. The bond between the two is the father/son bond Caleb never had with his own abusive father who thought he was evil because of his gift.
Now enters the be
Within The Pages Book Blog
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Take You Apart threw me for a loop... Just when I thought I had it all figured out I was proven wrong. T.J. Spade created a story that had not only lots of suspense and thrill but also a romantic touch! From page one I was drawn in and needed to know more.

In Take You Apart you meet Caleb Everett, an artist who has the ability to see into the minds of killers. Through one of his psychic episodes it leads him to meeting Jack Rafferty, a homicide detective. Together they are thrown into a case that
Breanna Eichhorn
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jack was called in by Kimble to investigate a homicide. Caleb showed up at the scene and told them who to look for and made Jack really suspicious of Caleb being the murderer. When Jack went back to the precinct to do a background check on him. Caleb always used to draw when he was a kid and know he paints.

Caleb Everett orphaned at the age of 11, he began to paint his visions, he went to live with his friend Ethan and his parents. He made his fortune off of his paintings, helps the police force
Liz
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Caleb didn’t have the best start in life, his religious father ruled over his family and his mother was powerless to doing anything but let him.
In adult life Caleb finds his place in the world and has a small group of friends that become more like family. He also has an unusual talent and he uses it to aid the police.
I loved Caleb and Jack’s relationship, knowing the past Caleb came from it was nice that he had a father figure in Jack. I am a huge romance fan, so when Makayla joined the group i
Dave Eisenstark
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great characters and a solid plot. The story has a psychic named Caleb helping out the cops as he's done for years, particularly his buddy on the force, Jack. A serial killer is on the loose, and Caleb seems to get into the man's mind long-distance during his gruesome acts. Talk about a curse. At a moment's notice, Caleb's mind is one with the killer. Of course, it could be a blessing, too, if Caleb can somehow control his visions to nail this latest guy, who's onto Caleb, and seems to be toying ...more
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Take You Apart is a new book in a new series for T.J Spade and what a fantastic one it is..
Caleb has the ability to see events in his head. Example, he has a series of murders unfolding in his mind. He reaches out to local police to help solve these murders.
Him and Detective Jack begin to solve the murders together. Jack and Caleb grow a very close bond with each other.
One of the cases they are trying to solve becomes very personal. Som
Samantha
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was offered a copy of this book to read and review. I am very glad that I was given this opportunity. I was hooked right from the start. I wanted to know more about Caleb and his supposed "evil." Then the story jumped ahead several years and I found myself very intrigued and wanting to know more about Caleb and what had happened to him in the interim. Now that he was working with the police, it was interesting to watch him piece together crime information. The way that he could see through the ...more
Ciara Hunter
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the debut novel from TJ Spade and I have to say I was not disappointed. I have read some suspense novels from established authors that wasn't as gripping as this.
The premise of the story is very interesting-Caleb is a psychic and through his ability he assists Jack and the homicide team in tracking down murders.
The entire book kept up a quick pace throughout. Though it was the perfect pace to keep me enthralled without feeling like I was being left behind. I inhaled this book in a few h
Laura-Lynne Smith
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got a copy of this book from the author in return for a review and am I ever glad I did! This was a great debut novel in a genre that I really enjoy. The story was well set up and the characters were easy to like. Caleb & Jack work well together and the mystery was fun to follow. Then half way through the book:

Whoa! What a twist! It was a twist worthy of an M. Night Shamalayan movie. I was pretty sure I knew who the killer was from early on but then I got proven wrong. You'll never be able
Wendy Hodges
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Arc copy for an honest review.
Murder mystery with a difference. Calab has had a rough early childhood, a drunk abusive father who one night decides to set fire to Calab's bedroom. Luckily he wasn't in it, he had been hiding. Taken in by his best friends parents the rest of his growing up was in a loving and close family, with lots of understanding and support. He has a talent for art, and often sees murder through a murderers eyes. With violence, suspense and puzzles a plenty this is an often te
Marlene
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book was given to me in PDF format to read and post a review. Within the first few pages I connected with the vibrant characters and purchased my own Kindle copy.

Caleb's psychic ability is something that has long interested me and this book describes it very well.
I loved the friendship growing between Jack and Caleb, with warm affection and genuine caring.

Some of the murder scenes were hard to read, but very much part of the story and motivation of the characters.

The plot was well thought ou
« previous 1 3 next »

• My Soul Immortal (Fated Eternals, #1)
  • First Do No Harm
  • Hallowed
  • The Mystery of Hurtleberry House (The Reboot Files #1)
  • Feeling Death (The Death Trilogy #1)
  • Visiting Lilly (Jake Talbot Investigates, #1)
  • The Sense of Death (Ann Kinnear Suspense #1)
  • Bedtimes and Broomsticks (Mystic Cove Mysteries #1)