Start by marking “From This Day Forward (The Wedding Belles, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
From This Day Forward (The Wedding Belles, #0.5)

Read Book

From This Day Forward

(The Wedding Belles #0.5)

Sex and the City meets The Wedding Planner in this prequel to USA TODAY bestselling author Lauren Layne’s The Wedding Belles series about three high-powered New York City women who can plan any wedding—but their own.

Up-and-coming wedding photographer Leah McHale’s career is on the rise–thanks in no small part to the Wedding Belles, the elite New York wedding planning agenc
Published June 6th 2016 by Pocket Star

Start your review of From This Day Forward (The Wedding Belles, #0.5)
Megan Johnson
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I read this 100 page story in one sitting. It's an easy to read story of two wedding photographers with a past that just won't leave them alone. When they are forced to work together on a high profile wedding, they realize that maybe things aren't meant to be done between the two of them.

As far as romances go, this one was cute. Nothing too deep or special, but an endearing story nonetheless. When a story is so short, it can be hard to get to know the characters. I felt like there were entire b
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****3.75 STARS*****
{Netgalley ARC}

photo 44c6f3a181ea377cdfadf09bcb0e69fb_zpsdyj6ofpg.jpg

When I saw that Lauren Layne had a new series coming out, I was so excited. She is one of my go-to authors. Her stories always leave me with a smile on my face. This series will revolve around a group of women who run New York’s elite wedding agency called the Wedding Belles. This first novella is a second chance romance story that centers on Leah Mchale, a photographer that the Belles tend to hire on a frequent basis.

Leah is still licking her wounds from a
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Cinnamon' Stars!
ARC provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
 photo From This Day Forward - Lauren Layne_zpsijyg02d7.png

Lauren Layne is one of my favorite authors, especially when I want to read a light, funny and sexy love story with great characters. I am sure you can understand why I was so excited when she announced a new series that will be released during the rest of 2016.

From This Day Forward is the introductory novella to what will be Lauren's Wedding Belles series, which is perfectly described in the blurb as "Sex and th
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
Contrary to the delusions in your head, you’re not every woman’s fantasy.”
“I never wanted to be every woman’s fantasy. Just yours.”

I have no idea why I thought this novella would be a prequel, so don't ask me. But boy was I pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be a fully finished romance with a HEA that perfectly kicked off a series that I already know I'm going to love! It's rare that I'd read a novella that's under 100 pages that would leave me this satisfied and have such fa
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

It physically hurts me to rate Lauren Layne like this, but...when a book makes you feel like this:

photo dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused Mark Wahlberg_zpsahmhrsyp.gif

photo serious_zpsdfu8hvhf.gif

it's probably not a good thing. I love you Lauren, really, you are my author soul mate! But even you can't conquer my hate of novellas. Too little story, not enough background, and a waste of my time.

Book one is already better 5 pages in than this whole novella, so it's clearly just a case of my not liking novellas. *shrugs* I'll know better next time.

Sorry. *hides*

For more of my reviews,
Geri Reads
Jun 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Another great series to look forward to from Lauren Layne.

I'm a huge fan of Ms. Layne and this book, while it might not be my favorite from her, is a reminder of why I love her stories.

From This Day Forward is a second-chance romance between two people who can't seem to stop running away from each other. Yes, they had feelings and a deep attraction but at the first sign of problems, they crumbled. This book is about them trying to take a chance again and not make the same mistake twice.

This wa
Claire Robinson
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "You're a runner." Stars!

Lauren Layne, introduces us to her new Wedding Belles series with a really enjoyable novella. Second chance love is a tried and tested favourite, and with Laurens inimitable style, Leah and Jason’s reconnection was a couple of hours of pure reading pleasure.

Having split from Jason twelve months previously, the last thing Leah wants to do is spend three days in close quarters with him photographing the society wedding of the year. But this is an opportunity that she j
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

4 Wedding Belles Stars

Vanilla & Spice Books

What we have here is a sweet, sexy novella by one of my favorites when I crave low angst. It's a second chance story with adorable main characters. It starts off LL's new Wedding Belles series.

Wedding photographers Jason and Leah were lovers until one day, when Jason's door opened and Leah faced a woman only in a t-shirt. Deeply hurt, she ran, never giving Jason the chance to explain.

When Leah walked away from Jason he knew that he wouldn't be able to
Jen
4 Stars

Photographers Leah and Jason have a history. A misunderstanding a year ago managed to send Leah running as fast as she could away from her relationship with Jason and he's never bothered to explain what appeared to be a compromising situation to Leah. Fast forward a year and the society wedding of the year has brought these two crazy kids back into each others orbit.

From This Day Forward is the short and sweet intro novella to the upcoming The Wedding Belles series. And when I say novella
Lyndy Ann ♫
From This Day Forward is a wonderful taster for Lauren Layne's new series The Wedding Belles.

This is a sexy love story a second chance for Leah and Jason, these two are sexy and funny together I loved everything about this and I hope we get more of these two in the upcoming series.

This is a romantic comedy. The wedding date movie photo: The Wedding Date Micons3.gif

When I started reading Lauren Layne nearly two years ago I thought her books were a little tame when it came to the sexy scenes but let me tell you Lauren has certainly evolved with time
Denisa
Apr 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: cliche, cute, relaxing, romance
Well, what can I say. It was cute.

So, there was nothing special. I didn't really feel the chemistry of the characters and I didn't have time to get into the story. It would have been better if the story was longer and I'm starting to think that it's impossible to make a great book in under 200 pages.

Still, it was a nice story, a kind of junk food that you eat when you're not in the mood for actual food or too lazy to cook something really good.
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
From This Day Forward is an introductory novella in the new Wedding Belles series by Lauren Layne. I'm under the impression each book will feature a different couple and can be read as a standalone. In this first book, we meet two wedding photographers, Jason and Leah. They have a history and an ugly break-up a year ago. So when they're thrown together last minute to do the ex-President daughter's wedding, sparks (and almost fists) fly.

Jason Rhodes has a reputation of being a man-whore but that
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
From This Day Forward had everything that I have come to love from Lauren Layne. And this time she pulled it off in a Novella. Usually I'm not a novella girl, unless it's in the middle of a series I'm obsessed with. But when it comes to her books, I have learned that if it's something I'm usually not the biggest fan of, you can bet that I will be since she wrote it! So get ready because this series looks like it is going to be filled with friendships, laughter, sexiness and moments that will ma ...more
Wendy'sThoughts
May 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lauren Layne Fans, Weddings, Romance
3 Sometimes a Second Chance Stars
* * *

I love Lauren Layne. I love her style and creativity. In this novella prequel, she does all of the things required to set up her new series, The Wedding Belles. We have a bit of insight to the main partners of this wedding planning company and a taste of an up and coming assistant.

We also have the main story line of two extremely talented photographers used by this company. At one time these two were an item... hot and heavy for about a month or two. Each
Irene
4 stars

From This Day Forward is a short novella introducing us to The Wedding Belles series which follows a group of female wedding planners living in New York.

This was a sweet, quick, fun, emotional and heartwarming second chance love story.
I enjoyed watching Jason and Leah reconnect and try to work together while still having unresolved feelings after their breakup 12 months ago.
Their breakup was a case of jumping to conclusions and being too stubborn to hear the other person out.

description

Both Leah a
Dali
Happy book birthday!!

Lauren Layne packs a sweet, tender and sexy punch in this short but very enjoyable romance!

Who else would the daughter of the former president of the US turn to plan her wedding but the Wedding Belles. New York’s best wedding planning agency who have called their two best photographers to take on the social event of the year.

Leah McHa
Sharon
I'm just going straight to the 1 star even though usually I'm more chill than that, but basically, it was the textbook definition of the kind of romance I hate:
1) Stickiness
2) Miscommunication issue - where if they just talked a year ago, all of this shit wouldn't have happened
3) Second chance romance
4) Angsty

Anyway, it isn't my cup of tea, but I'm sure some people would enjoy.

Things that you might want to know (WARNING: Spoilers below)
Happy/satisfying ending? (view spoiler)
Amanda
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it

This is a short novella to introduce us to The Wedding Belles' premise. For someone who don't fancy outrageous wedding, I don't foresee myself appreciating the over the top wedding planning that took place in the story. But I like the idea of jaded career women who will finally find their HEAs.

Leah McHale, is a wedding photographer who was contracted by The Wedding Belle to work on the former First Daughter's Wedding. Being it as an opportunity of a lifetime, Leah will not let this oppo
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I just love these little Novellas. Perfect afternoon pick me up when you just need to sit down relax and not get into a heavy story.

This new book from Lauren Layne is a second chance novel that is actually a prequel to a series about three high-powered New York City women who are in the wedding business.

A sweet short story that features an up-and-coming photographer and her one time guy who was able to capture her heart and broke it too. Thrown together for important wedding these two still have
Julie
From this day Forward by Lauren Layne is a 2016 Pocket Star publication. I was provided a copy of this book as an XOXpert, the official street team of XOXO After Dark.

This novella length story will whet your appetite and have you craving more from the new and delightful ‘Wedding Belle’ series.

Leah is a wedding photographer who has been given a lifetime opportunity to shoot the photographs for a former first daughter’s wedding!! But, she didn’t expect to run into her old flame, Jason. Awkward!

S
Jen
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
When I read that Lauren Layne was writing a series about wedding planners, I was so excited. I fell in love with Nora Roberts series "The Bride Quartet" several years ago and I haven't come across anything like it since. I think I found my new favorite series with Layne's new The Wedding Belles series.

Photographer Leah McHale was hired by one of her good friends at the last minute to cover a high profile wedding. Because this is such a huge wedding there is a need for two photographers which is
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Weddings. Jeez, they make everyone crazy—right down to the wedding photographers! Especially wedding photographers with a history. Wedding photographers that were once in a relationship that failed miserably. Wedding photographers that are now working together on the biggest wedding of the season—the former First Daughter.

I really enjoyed this quick novella introducing Lauren Layne’s new series. Leah and Jason are two prominent, highly sought after wedding photographers. And they just happen t
Lisa Filipe
What a fantastic start to the Wedding Belles Series and WHEW...was it SEXYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Lauren Layne...where have you been hiding all that spice!

Jason and Leah had a summer fling that led to two broken hearts and lots of hurt pride. I found myself tearing up and this was a NOVELLA people! This is what Lauren Layne does. She takes the emotion to the max and has you so invested within just mere pages.

Loved It! Love the new set of characters, Loved Leah and Jason Rhodes.....WHOA MOMMA! He is g
Kate
100 pages of pure & utter frustration with a touch of sweet. ...more
Emerald Sue
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance

Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo a04f896699328a2980680608c66e80_zps5f5jom8q.gif

If you have ever read a Lauren Layne book, then you are well aware that Ms. Layne has a knack in delivering a love story that will steal your heart. And in her newest series, Lauren Layne has whipped up a fresh modern sexy series that will have reader saying yes to the dress and I do.

#FromThisDayForward

From This Day Forward is a sweet charming novella that introduces readers to Wedding Belles, New York’s elite planning services. One important aspect
monica ♪
2 Stars

What?? 2 stars??? For a LL book???
Yeah I know right?! I can't even believe it myself that I just gave 2 stars to a LL book!

So, I just read 2 books by Lauren Layne (Good Girl and From This Day Forward) in a row that were so un-LL-like.
I'm so disappointed and sad that I feel like I just lost one of my favorite authors because I really don't recognize this "new LL".

Seriously, I don't know why all books by LL that are released in 2016 are all lack of the usual LL style.
I don't see the classy,
AJ

This is a short, sweet novella with a sexy and intense second chance romance.

It’s a prequel to the upcoming Wedding Belles series, about an elite group of wedding co-ordinators in Manhattan, and this is the story of highly regarded wedding photographers Leah McHaleand Jason Rhodes, who are tasked to work together on the former first daughter’s high profile wedding.

Leah and Jason had a short-but-intense affair a year ago which ended badly, and with them now reunited for the first time s
nick
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, arc, contemporary

3.5/5

As some of you may already know, I'm not very keen on novellas. But I was looking forward to reading From This Day Forward because I love the cover and also because it's from Lauren Layne, one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. While this book was certainly short, I had so much fun reading it and it only left me eager to get to the full length novel.

From This Day Forward tells the story of Jason and Leah, two wedding photographers, who had a short but very intense love affair. Thi
Danielle (Love at First Page)

3-3.5 stars

The misunderstanding and lack of communication were frustrating, but as a novella the angst wasn't too high and I enjoyed watching Jason and Leah get their second chance. I liked Jason a lot and found him very sexy. I'm excited to meet the rest of the guys in this series!

• The Billionaire Next Door (Billionaire Bad Boys #2)
  • Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)
  • Suddenly One Summer (FBI/US Attorney, #6)
  • It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)
  • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
  • The Private Rehearsal (Caught Up In Love #4)
  • The Bastard Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #3)
  • Sexy Scoundrel (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
  • The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)
  • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
  • Under the Covers (Maverick Montana, #2)
  • Last Call (Cocktail, #4.5)
  • A Crane Family Christmas
  • Mai Tai'd Up (Cocktail, #4)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Falling for His Best Friend (Out of Uniform, #2)
  • Eye Candy (Real Love, #1)
Lauren Layne is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than two dozen novels, including Hot Asset, Hard Sell, and Huge Deal in her 21 Wall Street series, as well as her Central Park Pact series. Her books have sold more than a million copies in nine languages. Lauren’s work has been featured in Publishers Weekly, Glamour, the Wall Street Journal, and Inside Edition. She is bas ...more

The Wedding Belles (3 books)
  • To Have and to Hold (The Wedding Belles, #1)
  • For Better or Worse (The Wedding Belles, #2)
  • To Love and to Cherish (The Wedding Belles, #3)