Start by marking “Single Player (Slices of Pi, #3)” as Want to Read:
Single Player (Slices of Pi, #3)

Single Player

(Slices of Pi #3)

Geeky meets kinky in the third novel of the sexy Slices of Pi series by RITA-nominated author Elia Winters, where the employees of a gaming company in sultry Florida work hard—and play even harder.

Matthew Abrams finally has the life he’s always wanted—a promising career as a programmer at PI Games, a decent apartment in a nice neighborhood, and a thriving social life. And
Published September 26th 2016 by Pocket Star

Start your review of Single Player (Slices of Pi, #3)
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I have enjoyed each of Elia Winter's books in this series. All of them steamy in their own right and with this one she kicks it up another notch with a yummy m/m set up.

What I love about the author is that she creates characters that are smart and are very well balanced for each other. In this story we get an extreme case of geek with the hotness factor off the charts.

Matthew and Silas meet at a bar and immediately sparks fly and so does the hot scenes. With issues abounding between the guys,
Lindsay
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Matthew is one of Player's Incorporated's senior programmers and pretty much defines "laid-back". He's not that committed to his job, he's not that committed to his social life and he very much looks like he's just going to coast through his life. Silas is a biomedical engineer, very slightly Asperger's, utterly driven and close to working himself into an early grave. The two come together by chance and with instant chemistry, and they may just be exactly what the other needs.

Like the others in
Michelle
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Single Player is the third in the Slices of Pi Series by Elia Winters. Matthew has been showcased as the not-so-serious programmer that is more than happy to fill his weekends with fun, flirting and a little bit of a party. But as he becomes more acquainted with Silas, the all work and no play biomedical engineer, he starts to question if he really could be doing more with his life.

In Single Player, both these men are shown the other side. One is forced to question if he should relax more while
namericanwordcat
This is a thoughtful sexy book. I liked it so much I bought the rest of the series.

Matthew and Elias are really different people with great chemistry. They are are also at crossroads in their lives.

The met and fall for each other. They learn to support each other and there is a kitten.

This love story has a lot of really deep bits mixed in with the erotic. Its a nicely done HEA where both heroes grow.

I was given this book for my honest review (though I accidentally bought it again later doh!)
Veronique
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: r2016, stars-3-5
3.5

Single Player is a LGBT romance that is at the same time sexy and tender. Elia Winters has the knack of creating characters that are complex and very easy to like. Matthew was a favourite already from his appearance in the two previous instalments, and here he finally gets the limelight. I couldn’t help but root for him and Silas, wondering how the author would portray their relationship.

Winters seems to add important themes to her stories too, and the focus here is not on homosexuality, but
Christi Snow
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
My Review:
I've seriously cut down my reviews this late summer/fall because of my other obligations, but this book was an exception. I've loved this series, but honestly probably would have passed on this book if it had been an m/f. But it was an m/m and I couldn't resist my curiosity about what this author would do with two guys. OMG, I was not at all disappointed. This story was excellent.

Silas and Matthew have nothing in common. Silas is brilliant and works every day in his biomedical enginee
Kimberly
Review coming soon.
Jessy Mpdl
Mon avis en détail ici ⇢ https://wp.me/p5AuT9-4qe

Je n’ai pas les deux premiers opus de cette saga. Mais le résumé de celui-ci m’avait tapé dans l’œil et comme en plus il s’agissait d’un MM, j’ai vite cédé à la tentation. Sauf que l’effet escompté ne fut pas totalement au rendez-vous…

S’agissant d’une série de la collection illicit, je m’étais attendue à une lecture ultra hot mais au final cela ne fut pas du tout le cas. En effet, l’auteur a préféré se focaliser principalement sur l’évolution de l
Leaundra
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars...I really enjoyed this. I thought Matthew and Silas were great together. Very hot. There's nothing better than a geek.
Donna Was A Scandal
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Carmela loved the ending to a series she's loved from the very beginning! Click here for her full review over on Scandalicious Book Reviews:

Helen
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, diversebooks
Read as part of XOXO After Dark free reads in May.

This is probably the first M/M romance book I've read (I've previously only read slash fanfic or erotica previously). It caught my eye because I like any novel about games or gaming, and romances where the protags have "geeky" interests are always more fun for me.

Matthew and Silas are so super-sweet. I loved them both as people, though I think we may have spent too much time reading about their self conflicts (Matthew: coasting when he could be a
J.L.
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-2020
My favorite thing about this trilogy has more to do with the individual characters created by Winters than the relationships she puts them in. The relationships are meaningful and are often the impetus, but I enjoyed the character growth that everyone goes through separate from the love stories. Winters creates a strong sense that the character growth will remain beyond the end of the story, even if the relationship doesn’t work out.

In this particular story, the relationship obviously does work
Agalactiae
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, m-m
3,25/5

« Double étreinte » est le troisième tome de la saga « Partie à deux », où plusieurs personnages évoluent dans la société PI Games. Je me suis dirigée directement vers ce tome-ci qui est une romance M/M, à l'inverse des deux tomes précédents. Les histoires étant indépendantes, cela ne m'a absolument pas gênée.

Matthew est programmeur chez PI Games et en parallèle de son boulot, il est barman. On peut dire qu'il a une vie pépère et se contente de ce qu'il a et est parfaitement satisfait comm
Florence
Une lecture en demi-teinte. Pour commencer, j'avoue que je m'attendais à un livre accès sur le sexe vu le résumé et l'éditeur et ce ne fut pas le cas. On a au contraire une histoire basée sur le caractère, la personnalité des personnages et je trouve cela agréable comparé à d’autres livres. Matthew & Silas sont complètement à l’opposé l’un de l’autre et ils apprennent à composer avec. Ajouté à cela les problèmes de Silas (léger trouble d’autisme, difficultés relationnelles, troubles obsessionnel ...more
Becky
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, contemporary, lgbtqia
I absolutely loved Silas and Matthew! So perfect together--throw in Ruul (Matthew's special needs kitten, yep, name comes from the original Ghostbusters movie) and you've got an unbeatable combination...adorable, geeky, and able to get things done, all in one. These two actually make me think that a quick hookup in a bar might actually lead to something.

Okay, maybe not. This is fiction. But still, it seemed believable--and nobody was hoping for it here more than me :)

Silas and Matthew somehow ma
Cindy
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
easy read
Belinda Lambot-geens
Une romance M/M tout en douceur
Saritza
The humorous banter between Matthew and Silas is one of the main reasons I love this book. Who says romance has to be serious? Anyone who's been in a relationship for more than two decades knows that some of the most romantic moments happen while giggling in bed, sharing a laugh over a meal or exchanging witty banter across the dinner table or via text.

Some great lines in this book: “Are you coming?” Matthew took his hand. “Not yet, but I hope we’re headed that way.” Silas rolled his eyes. “That
V-Hayden Lachance
Ordinary but still pleasing to read, refreshing and all in positivism. Sexy too, of course. No mention of homophobia (which isn't common enough in my opinion).

~

Histoire un peu banale, mais tout de même plaisante à lire, rafraîchissante et tout en positivité. Sexy aussi, bien sûr. Aucune mention d'homophobie. En ce qui concerne la traduction française, j'ai rarement lu une traduction française d'un roman osé aussi bien dosé et naturel. On n'a pas l'impression de lire une traduction, contrairement
Christie72
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Single player is the third book in the intelligent, sexy series by Ella Winters. Matthew is a programmer at PI Games, and he bartends at a trendy club, Gigi’s, on the weekends. He enjoys a pretty active social life as well. This is where he meets Silas who is the exact opposite of Matthew. He’s introverted and is a biomedical engineer. He only came to the club with his best friend, Dee, for her birthday. But, Matthew intrigues him, and Matthew is pretty attracted to Silas. By the end of the nigh ...more
Tina Lee Harris
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is book 3 in the Slice of Pi Series. You do not need to have read the other 2 to be able to keep up with the characters in book 3. Although I plan to go back; read the first 2. I enjoyed the authors way of writing; she was able to create a story that will have you turning the pages to see how it will end for Silas and Matthew. Yes this is a MM romance but written in such a way that you feel as thought it is two people learning how to navigator a new relationship.

Silas Benson does not do muc
Julie
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Single Player is the third book in the Slices of Pi series, but as with the others, can be read as a standalone. The characters from the previous stories do make appearances so it's fun to see them again too.

Matthew is a video game programmer who doesn't take himself to seriously and enjoys letting lose and having fun. Silas is a biomedical engineer and an extreme workaholic. He has Asperger's Syndrome which causes him to not be able to understand social situations. He pushes himself past his l
Wit & Wonder Books
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

‘Single Player’ by Ella Winters is the 3rd book in the series, Slices of Pi. This is a m/m love story which was my first. Ella Winter popped by cherry with this book and I am so happy she did.

Silas is a work hard, don't make or have time for anything else type of guy. Focused and driven to the core, he rarely lets his guard down.
Matthew is a party till you drop, make time for everything type of guy who feels lucky he finally has al
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Single Player by Elia Winters was a pretty good read. This is the third book in her Slices of Pi series. In this book you get Matthew’s story. Matthew is happy with the way his life is. Programmer during the week and bartender on the weekends. Then he meets Silas. Silas is smart and a workaholic. The two make an unlikely pair but that saying opposites attract holds true.

This book took awhile for me to get into. It was slow going at
C bond
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
via netgalley

loved it. perfect couple, ying/yang
Carmela Constable
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a lovely way to finish a truly enjoyable series. My thoughts at Scandalicious Book Reviews:

Evy
rated it did not like it
Jan 01, 2020
Natalie Conrad
May 23, 2017
Seb
Jun 02, 2019
Ani
Jun 27, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• It Takes Two to Tumble (Seducing the Sedgwicks, #1)
  • Hither, Page (Page & Sommers, #1)
  • A Gentleman Never Keeps Score (Seducing the Sedgwicks, #2)
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
  • Off the Ice  (Hat Trick, #1)
  • Epic (Him, #2.5)
  • Damian (Stone Warriors, #1)
  • Monstress, Vol. 4: The Chosen
  • Hot Head (Head #1)
  • Unmasked by the Marquess (Regency Imposters, #1)
  • Hold (Hold, #1)
  • Hard Truths (Kiss Her Goodbye, #1)
  • Mountain Darkness (Wild Mountain Men, #1)
  • A Mate for Titan (The Program, #7)
Elia Winters is a fat, tattooed, polyamorous bisexual who loves petting cats and fighting the patriarchy. She holds a Master’s degree in English Literature and teaches at a small rural high school, where she also runs the drama club. In her spare time, she is equally likely to be found playing tabletop games, kneading bread, cross-stitching, or binge-watching Marie Kondo. A sex educator and kink-p ...more

Slices of Pi (3 books)
  • Even Odds (Slices of Pi, #1)
  • Tied Score (Slices of Pi, #2)