Start by marking “Tied Score (Slices of Pi, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tied Score (Slices of Pi, #2)

Tied Score

(Slices of Pi #2)

Geeky meets kinky in this second too-hot-to-handle novel in the Slices of Pi series by RITA-nominated author Elia Winters, which follows the erotic adventures of the employees at PI Games, a gaming company based out of sultry Florida.

Iris Parker never planned on ending up in HR because, let’s face it: HR isn’t the most glamorous position in the world. She took a comfortabl
Published August 15th 2016 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Tied Score, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tied Score

Start your review of Tied Score (Slices of Pi, #2)
Michelle
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh, this was not what I expected at all. Iris is comfortable in her role at PI Games as HR Director, but it isn’t quite enough for her. Not looking for love, she convinces Owen, bakery owner, to join her for a day of no-strings sex that turns into so much more.

But poor overwork and in control Owen hasn’t had the best of luck in love or sex. Wanting to give up control in the bedroom hasn’t resulted in the best results when it comes to relationships. Until he meets Iris, who quickly picks up on hi
Lindsay
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Iris Parker is the HR manager for PI Games and she's worried that her life has become boring. That's all about to change as she starts a casual sexual relationship with Owen Hobbs, the owner of a local bakery. Owen is a perfectionist control-freak at work, but has a deep need for his sexual partner to dominate him in bed. Iris picks up on this quickly and it opens a whole new world to her.

Like the first book in this series, this is a positive light romance book with some heavy sexual content and
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
If you love a book that is seems too hot to handle, you have to check this one out!

I loved the first in the series so I was thrilled to be able to review this new release. Talk about a steamy hot book! This story is loaded with adult romance and erotic scenes that will cause your heart to pound. With plenty of action that may surprise you from sweet little Iris, this page turner is going to be one that you won't soon forget.

Owen is Hot and sooo yummy! What a wonderful connection these two devel
Veronique
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: r2016
This second instalment is lighter on the romance, the focus being more on the steamy scenes. The characters are interesting but I would have liked to have more content about their personalities, experiences and interactions, especially since Winters reverses the usual roles, making the woman the one with the commitment issues and the man, who is a control freak in his work life, needing the reverse in private.
Maria Rose
Tied Score is the second story in Elia Winter’s erotic romance series, featuring a gaming company and their staff. While this one is heavier on the sex and lighter on the actual geeky gamers side, it still fits in well with the series and makes for a sexy and exciting read. Iris is in human resources at PI games, a job she loves. She’s been single for a while now, and in no rush to date anyone new. However, a chance flirtation with the handsome baker who runs a pastry shop nearby has her rethink ...more
Ariadna
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Actual rating: 2.7

I heard of this book after looking for romantic femdom romances. So many of those books tend to fall on the PWP side of things. Which, yeah, it’s fun to read. Only that, sometimes, I’m in the mood for looking for stories with more feeling.

The beginning of the novel went a tad overboard with the (admittedly yummy) descriptions of Owen’s creations for his bakery. I would suggest nibbling on something sweet or savory while reading this, LOL. A secondary track has to do with Iris a
Elci
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alpha subs. Totes yumm.
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/08...

Tied Score is an outrageously sexy, incredibly addictive romance. Author Elia Winters doesn’t hold back in this red-hot story of two people who are clearly made for each other falling in love as they explore their kinky sides.

One of my favorite things about Tied Score was watching Iris come into her own. Iris is smart, organized, and focused, but while she’s found professional success, her life doesn’t feel
Julie
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3.5 rounded up to 4 stars

This book was a little different from the typical dom/sub romances that I've read before. In this one the man wanted to submit to a dominant woman in the bedroom. I had never read a story where the roles were reversed so I was intrigued. I have to say, I really liked this one.

Iris is a bit of a commitment-phobe and strictly sticks to one night stands and no emotional connection. She has a very private personal life and doesn't like to share any information about herself
Heather andrews
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I liked Owen, “you wore me out pretty good, I think.” Owen stifled a yawn. “I’m not sure I’m going to be able to walk straight for a couple of days. Or sit. Now come here.” This book was okay, I'm not used to the woman being an alpha, it was a change but one I liked.
Donna Was A Scandal
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Carmela loves a geek and this one kinda' blew her mind! Read her full review here:

karinova
Sweet, simple, and a bit kinky. A little slow at times, but I didn’t find it hard to get through (and due to reasons, I was very motivated to finish).
Iris is a very believable new top, and I really appreciated how normal she was overall. She had a couple of insecurities (as one does), but otherwise had it together, and she didn’t sploosh out her brains any time Owen was around. The conflict, such as it is, is one-sided (hers) and ridiculously thin, but honestly? That's more common than not and
Limecello
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, library
*whispers* so I read it, then I skimmed parts and like ... :X WHATEVER DON'T JUDGE ME I DON'T THINK I MISSED MUCH. - the original hookup which I do plan to read but ... you know.
And I really liked this book only I wish there had been MORE.
I really like how both characters actually discuss, and have their insecurities and such - but I think it was a smidge too HFN in the end for me, than HEA.
Also because I thought we were heading into a nice lovely HEA, as I was "only" 93% into the book... BUT NO
J.L.
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-2020
The appeal of this series to me, especially after the first installment, was the mixture of romance with characters who are gamers. So, I was a tad disappointed that this book instead focused on the gaming company’s HR specialist and a baker. On the surface, there’s not much gaming. But Iris’s character is developed naturally, showing that she’s just as creative and quirky as her coworkers at PI, but that it’s also okay to have an organized side. Someone has to manage payroll, after all.

Despite
Joy
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Picked this up on a sale recommendation, and read through it on a weekend where I needed a break from heavier nonfiction. I loved it - adorable meet-cute, current gaming references, and a relationship dynamic of a submissive man and a learning-to-dominate woman. This book was refreshing because of how they talked about what they wanted to do, and then gave it a try, then talked about how it went. More real-life relationships could certainly use this sort of discussion, and I really appreciate se ...more
Michelle Alerte
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this!

This story was the perfect amount of kink and regular human insecurities, humor, and romance. I often find domme books that don't have enough kink for me. This one was great. Nothing gratuitous, everything necessary and sexy. I will say I was a bit frustrated at Iris's death-grip dedication to her belief that she wasn't good at relationships when she was clearly already doing one with Owen. But I do get that people can hold on to the weirdest beliefs despite all assurances to the cont
Thuan
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf

Intersting premise but can't see how the couple will ever make it long term. Their relationship is way too much physical than emotional. Choosing a partner based on their sex kinks over caring, respect, hobbies, and etc is just not very substantive...

Overall, the prose is good and the characters are somewhat likeable but it's not a good romance since the book failed to make me believe in their relationship beyond their compatible sex kinks.

Max
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.
Steamy and sweet, with Iris and Owen a good match for each other. The steamy scenes were excellent, but with odd personality quirks in regards to Iris. Her "conflict" wasn't well fleshed out, and really there is nothing wrong with liking a well organized spreadsheet ;) . I also really disliked her "best friend" Jen, who was shallow and didn't really seem like a great friend.
Sara
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up.
dommebooks
This was a great contemporary romance.
Frida
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle, read-2018
The whole BDSM aspect of this was super refreshing but the conflict was a bit weak.
Kat Ryan
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Second in series.
Anna
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovely book with strong Male submissive.
Christie72
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I’m not a huge BDSM fan, but this one was very different and not what I was expecting at all. It was a really enjoyable read. It completely caught me off guard. The characters are different as well as the story. One morning, Iris finds herself in a conversation with sexy baker, Owen., after a night out drinking and celebrating her boss’s wedding. She comes into his shop all the time and has definitely noticed how hot he is, but this is the first time she’s actually talked to him. It appears he t ...more
Wit & Wonder Books
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW ***

After reading the first in the series I was looking forward to reading ‘Tied Score’ by Elia Winters and was pleased with what I read. You might be mistaken by the book cover and blurb with just how hot and sexy this series of books are and this one has even more heat than the first. This is worthy of 4 hot stars.

Like the first book this one focuses on employees in the gaming company and in particular this one centers around Iris, who we met pr
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
I don't usually read books where the heroine is the dominant one in the bedroom, I love my alpha makes, but I really enjoyed Even Odds and I especially liked Iris, so I decided to take a chance on Tied Score. I'm happy that I did too because it was an excellent book and I did love it. While I might not go out of my way to find this kind of dynamic, Ms. Winters has definitely changed my mind about it and I won't be so quick to turn it down the next time I find one.

Even though I was excited to see
Blue
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-f
So, I started out being a little disappointed with this book. I enjoyed really enjoyed Even Odds and wanted more of the same and this started with a minor character from that book that I wasn't really interested in and some contrived hitch up with another dull sounding character.

How wrong could I be.

The sex scenes started and I got much hotter under the collar than I was anticipating. They hit the Goldilocks zone of BDSM for me, exciting, handing over control, but not too extreme and, well, pa
Vero Stro
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is Book 2 in he "Slices of Pi" Series by Elia Winters and it was a very entertaining read! i enjoyed it! Iris and Owen are wonderful characters! The plot is different and I couldn't put the book down.

Iris is a very beautiful and successful woman. She also has some fears. Owen is a control freak with everything related to his business: a bakery.

Very enjoyable read!

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Tied Score by Elia Winters was a deliciously and wonderful surprise read! This book had an amazing story and awesome characters. The storyline was different and unexpected. I totally dug it! I devoured this book in less than a day. I regret nothing! There was also sexy time! Some really hot sexy time *fans self*

Iris was my favorite character. She is a successful, strong, and beautiful woman. She also struggles with her own doubts
Kim Vanravenswaay
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I surprised myself, I really enjoyed this book book but wasn't sure after Iris and Owens first time together. If you think the same, trust me it's totally worth it to finish.
I wonder if Iris would have ever figured out that she likes to take the lead during sexual experiences, if she had never met Owen. She takes to it from the beginning, it allows her to feel like she has some control in her life. Also gives her the courage to make some changes at work. She was comfortable, but not truly happy

• Learn My Lesson (Wicked Villains, #2)
  • A Worthy Opponent (Wicked Villains, #3)
  • Misadventures of a Curvy Girl (Misadventures #18)
  • Work for It (Just for Him, #4)
  • The Princess Trap (Dirty British Romance, #1)
  • Theirs for the Night (The Thalanian Dynasty, #1)
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • The Lord I Left (The Secrets of Charlotte Street, #3)
  • The Duke I Tempted (Secrets of Charlotte Street, #1)
  • Altogether (It's Complicated, #1)
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Forever Theirs (The Thalanian Dynasty #2)
  • The Beast (Wicked Villains, #4)
  • The Rogue of Fifth Avenue (Uptown Girls, #1)
  • Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4)
  • Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains, #1)
  • The Earl I Ruined (The Secrets of Charlotte Street, #2)
  • The Master (The Game Maker, #2)
Elia Winters is a fat, tattooed, polyamorous bisexual who loves petting cats and fighting the patriarchy. She holds a Master’s degree in English Literature and teaches at a small rural high school, where she also runs the drama club. In her spare time, she is equally likely to be found playing tabletop games, kneading bread, cross-stitching, or binge-watching Marie Kondo. A sex educator and kink-p ...more

Slices of Pi (3 books)
  • Even Odds (Slices of Pi, #1)
  • Single Player (Slices of Pi, #3)

News & Interviews