Start by marking “Midnight Stranger, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Midnight Stranger, Vol. 1

Midnight Stranger, Vol. 1

(Midnight Stranger #1)

Roi, a black goat spirit, is getting bullied when out of nowhere he’s rescued by the beautiful fire god Xiu. Xiu gives Roi the ability to take human form, and a grateful Roi decides to serve Xiu as his new master. Now by Xiu’s side every day, Roi wishes to become more than just his servant. Painfully aware of just how ugly he is, Roi believes Xiu could never care about ...more
Published April 12th 2016 by SuBLime

Start your review of Midnight Stranger, Vol. 1
Jessica
I can't wait to buy this when it comes out. I'm all about it. I love me some steamy yaoi.

THERE'S A FLUFFY GOAT.

a fire god.

A LITTLE HUMAN KID.

It's my favorite.
DeeNeez
Fun light read with humor. I love that Naono Bohra does sexy older men with younger lovers. This 2 volume fantasy is series is about a minor spirit, Roi, and a fire god, Xiu, who become lovers when in human form.
Megan
This is for both volumes of the series since I read them back-to-back.

The titular story of the series, and also the one that made up the bulk of the 2 books, focused on Roi, a black goat spirit, and Xiu, the fire god he served. The two met when Roi was attacked by humans and about to be burned alive. Xiu saved him and gave him a human form, and the two had been together ever since as master and servant.

This was definitely not a cute and fluffy romance. Aside from their first meeting involving
Elyse
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it

This book was cute, light on the story side, fluffy and definitely not safe for work. The little “explicit” warning on the book cover is not there for nothing.

Roi-Tschaggata is a black goat spirit, who is consider ugly and horrifying. When being torture by the human, he is saves by the fire god Xiuhtecuhtli, who gave him a human form.
Roi stay with him as a servant and start to develop feeling for the other man. He also continues to exorcise evil and heal the sick in chibi goat mode (so
Lou (Lou and Life)
I was pleasantly surprised by this manga. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. I thought that it was going to be a bit of a weird read, which it was, but I still enjoyed it. I liked both of the romance that was introduced in this volume, and I liked the plot that each couple went through. Overall, I enjoyed this book and I will read the next book in the series, which I think is the last one. Depending on how I feel about that book, I think I will keep this series in my collection, ...more
Online Eccentric Librarian
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, manga, romance

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Sadly, this title fell very flat for me. Indeed, about half way through, I became really bored and just started skimming to see if the story would go anywhere. The supernatural elements were kind of infantile and silly and most of the story was an excuse for sex (there really wasn't much in the way of story). I found both protagonists to be caricatures rather than characters and wasn't interested in them or their
Jamie
For the most part I did not care very much for the story of Roi and Xiu. I don't really get their interest in each other. I sort of get Roi's blind faith being Xiu is the god that saved him, but the other way around. Why is a fire god into a goat? The best part of the story is Roi in goat form (quite adorable!) and his friendship with the human boy. Lots of sexual content! And graphically portrayed. DO not read where unwanted people can look over your shoulder!

What I did really like, however was
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really liked the first Volume of Midnight Stranger. The art was beautiful (as it always is with Bohra Naono), the supernatural elements interesting (that ghost spirit was SO CUTE) and the chemistry between the characters was great.

Looking forward to Volume 2.
Leila Anani
Hell
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yay, yet another series to continue reading, just what I needed.
I have so many manga series going on at the moment that I usually buy the first book and then decide if I wish to continue from there and Midnight Stanger has passed that test.
I love the design of the characters, both human and deity forms, the humour hits well for me and the relationship between the characters is great.
Yes, it falls into the typical find of yaoi cliches and stereotypes, such as huge over reactions and lack of
Manlove
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I decided to buy this pretty much based on the cover and the mangaka (please don't drum me out of the librarian corps for judging a book by its cover!). LOL, and boy did I luck out. Between the goat-y bits and sword-y parts, I was fantastically amused. Consider me ready to dive into volume 2 with the same level of ignorance and enthusiasm!
Emily
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, funny, sexy and well drawn.
Laz
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Jessie H.
2.5/5 Stars
Rekki
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, yaoi
Really digging the inhuman characters and the relationships in this one~
Marsha
Ooh, a new series I haven’t seen before now! Neat!

This one doesn’t disappoint and its premise is just different enough to grab the attention. A goat-deity, one devoted to helping humans, narrowly misses being immolated by bigoted human beings who see it as a monster. The god who rescues him takes him on as a sort of glorified assistant.

There’s the usual abuse from the god and pathetic, servile gratitude of the servant. The servant, however, astonishingly sees himself as being ugly (even though
Holly Letson
3.5*

At the beginning, I found this really hard to get into. I chalk that up to you naming the main character Roi, when my father's name is Roy - really awkward to read that name so many times, when around my parents, and in that context. You lose a star on this title for that!

I, however, did enjoy the story. But, I felt that either Xiu wasn't as forward about his feelings as he thought, or Roi was just really dense. I also disliked that everything that happened along the way seemed to set Xiu
Patty
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think I could like any yaoi manga that Bohra Naono wrote better than "Three Wolves Mountain"...but this short series (two volumes) surpassed that. The two main characters are very good as a couple and the "divine" characters that are the side cast are fun and funny, as well. I was not as impressed with the inserted "filler stories" (not related to the main one) in either volume, but the main story was a nice and fun read.
Kirsty
May 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, yaoi, fantasy
I love this couple but was disappointed they were only in 2 chapters and a small extra at the end in this book. The other two characters deal with different characters which were okay... But I wanted more of the main couple.

Hopefully they will have more chapters together in the next volume.

Love the art work <3 And its great to be able to get one of this mangaka's works actually released in English.
Lucy
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5
Amy Tasukada
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Well, that was a little more intense than I expected. Um... yeah. Sexual content, guys.
Christopher
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-i-own
Some wonky yaoi man hands aside, this is an overall heartwarming and cute series.
Will
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• 不器用なサイレント [Bukiyou na Silent]
  • コヨーテ [Coyote]
  • テンカウント 5 [Ten Count 5]
  • BEASTARS 1 (Beastars, #1)
  • ジャッカス! ~触っていいって誰が言ったよ?~ [Jackass! - Sawatte Ii tte Dare ga Itta yo?]
  • テンカウント 1 [Ten Count 1]
  • テンカウント 6 [Ten Count 6]
  • テンカウント 2 [Ten Count 2]
  • A Strange and Mystifying Story, Vol. 3
  • BEASTARS 4 (Beastars, #4)
  • テンカウント 3 [Ten Count 3]
  • BEASTARS 3 (Beastars, #3)
直野儚羅 (NAONO Bohra)
Doujinshi circle: NAIFU

Shares a website with Naomi Watari

Midnight Stranger (2 books)
  • Midnight Stranger, Vol. 2: The Trouble with Strangers