Start by marking “The Bonding Spell (The Desert Goddess, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bonding Spell (The Desert Goddess, #1)

The Bonding Spell (The Desert Goddess, #1)

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Hester Trueblood can’t deny having an ancient, Sumerian goddess in her head has its perks.

She enjoys her new strength and fighting abilities, things that would have been useful when she was a soldier. And the two handsome men dedicated to serving and protecting her are a nice bonus too.

On the other hand, there are drawbacks.

Having Inanna’s voice inside her head 24/7 can b
Published November 10th 2015 by Vine Hill Road Press

To ask other readers questions about The Bonding Spell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bonding Spell

Kristin L.
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I am already an avid fan of author Mary Doyle, and love the Master Sergeant Harper mystery series as well as the Limited Partnership stories. I was excited to learn that she was starting a new series, and was offered the chance to read and review an ARC.

This author excels at creating dynamic, strong female protagonists. In this series, our heroine is named Hester Trueblood. After picking up a coin in the desert, she finds herself as the vessel for the ancient Summarian goddess Inan
Bargain Book Reviews
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

To be honest, it took me a few chapters to really get into this book. Once Hester and company defeated the troll in the beginning, my interest in the characters and the story picked up. I liked that the relationship between Hester and Inanna wasn't all roses. It made for some nice internal conflict that added to the overall tension. I also liked the backstory that Inanna and her followers brought to the story, though after one quest
Suzanne Sussex
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is not my usual genre, but what a treat. An incredibly well written book that had me hooked from the start. Despite the fantasy type setting, it as believable and the characters were relatable. I’ll be reading more from this author.
M.R. Bauer
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
*No Spoilers*

The Bonding Spell has a refreshing strong heroine, Hester Trueblood, that I couldn’t tear my eyes away from. I didn’t experience a single moment of yelling at her – and I was amazed.

If you love the paranormal/fantasy genre with an amazing woman leading the charge, this is a great read. It’s a fun ride with action, sensory-explosive romantic scenes, and intriguing character development that had me rooting for the good guys.

That being said it was a slow start. The first chapter didn’t
Marie
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't usually read books in this genre. I won this book from Ms. Doyle and finally have had a chance to read it; thank you for the chance to enjoy your writing. Very surprisingly I could not put this book down. Thoroughly enjoyed the goddess, demigod, human mix. Would definitely read another of Ms. Doyle's books.
James
Ocean Weeks
Jan 22, 2017
Dark Luna Rose
Jun 04, 2017
M. L. Doyle has served in the U.S. Army at home and abroad for more than two decades as both a soldier and civilian. A Minneapolis native, Mary currently lives in Baltimore, Maryland.

Mary's excited about her latest book, The Bonding Spell, released Nov. 2015. She's hard at work on the second book in the series and hopes people will want to revisit Hester Trueblood in her quest to learn to live wi
More about M.L. Doyle