Start by marking “Once Written, Twice Shy (The Broken Men Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Once Written, Twice Shy (The Broken Men Chronicles #1)

Once Written, Twice Shy

(The Broken Men Chronicles #1)

I stared at the overly large bags that lay by the front entrance with what must have been the world’s largest what the fuck look on my face.

“I’m done, Paxton.”

After his bitter marriage ends, Paxton seeks respite from his loss.  Rediscovering his writing, he never expected to create a piece worthy of reading, nor for two unsuspecting paths to cross in the most unconvention
Published November 10th 2015 by Emberlust Press (first published July 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Once Written, Twice Shy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Written, Twice Shy

♡Tonya♡
☆☆☆☆3.5 stars☆☆☆☆

First and foremost, I want to mention the fantastic cover. It's what initially got my attention drawn to this book. There is clearly power in a good cover picture.

I initially started by reading the sample of this book and almost didn't buy it. I was afraid that he was going to pine for his ex wife, even though she was a cheating skank. He wasn't surprised when she told him to leave because deep down, he knew their relationship was at a dead end. He decided to return to what he
Jonel
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy hot tamales! What a trip!

I love how this novel is written in the male POV. It adds a definite twist to the story. At the same time, there is such a brilliant flow, and the story is so well put together that you can’t help but relate to the characters. Decevito is a very visually descriptive writer who draws you in to each and every aspect of the story with minimal effort on the reader’s part. Her story is explicit and vividly visual without ever becoming crass. She walks a fine line with th
BadBunniB
I was kinda amped for this book when I saw it in my RSS feed. Life after divorce, a single father POV, and possible baby mama/ ex wife drama? Oh Hellz yeah this is my kinda book! Since I'm the impatient and impulsive type I went ahead and bought it without reading any reviews. Paxton is a great father, also honorable. I really liked him. Alissa is sweet. You know that one person you meet that you can't help but become instant BFF's. The drama yep, loved it!

Now here is where the 3 stars come in.
Cyndi Becker
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 #thatblushofyours stars

More and more lately, I’m enjoying the voice of a male protagonist. Its not entirely unique for stories in the romance/chick lit genre, but the voices are fresh and really paint entirely new picture of love from the male POV. In Once Written, Twice Shy, Carey Decevito has brilliantly pulled off the male POV and part of this can be attributed to clever and witty dialogue that is Paxton's voice.

Carey gives us the story of a young, almost divorced Paxton Lowell. The story
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

4.5 Sweet Sizzling Stars

5/5 Sizzling Hearts for Heat!!

I was totally blown away by this book from the start. First of all male POV which isn't all that common. I loved being inside Pax's head. He was the most sincere and genuine character. I loved how he just pulled himself up and didn't let his ex's betrayal turn him off from finding love again. Alyssa seemed like someone who just really wanted a family and to belong
Demelza Carlton
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Like a chocolate mud cake with whipped cream. A light, sweet romance…heavy on sex and story.

I rarely read erotic romance, but this one came so highly recommended by so many people I felt I had to read it.

The romantic element to the story was light and sweet – like whipped cream on a chocolate mud cake. Both Paxton and Alissa are easy to relate to and very much like real people – Decevito has presented them well.

The erotic element was like that thick, soapy-tasting frosting you get on wedding c
Angellina Sklavos
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
L.A. Miller
Eyvette Abreu
Enjoyed it 4****

Paxton is alone after a failed marriage. Even though he knows his marriage has been over for a while, he did try mostly for his son. On his own, he turns to his one passion, writing. After he submits one of his stories on an Internet writing site, he receives a response from another writer named Alissa.

For over ten months they have communicated via Internet. Alissa comes to visit Paxton, and they both find over the months of constant communication they have developed feelings for
Tony Parsons
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
T.M. Payne
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book: Once Written, Twice Shy (The Broken Men Chronicles #1)
Author: Carey Decevito
Publication Date: 11/10/2015
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 4 Stars

REVIEW

*May contain spoilers *

New to me author

In this story we have a family who is now broken. Mommy Dearest (Julie)as I will call her decides to sit daddy Pax' things at the front door as a not so subtle hint to get out.
Pax has gotten to know a woman on an internet-writing site and they have talked for almost a year now. The
Shawna
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After his bitter marriage ends, Paxton seeks respite from his loss. Rediscovering his writing, he never expected to create a piece worthy of reading, nor for two unsuspecting paths to cross in the most unconventional of ways.

Thousands of miles separated them, yet he’d never felt closer to anyone. Finding out that happiness and love was attainable again was one thing. But having Alissa - that was something else all together!

When the two finally meet in person, sparks fly. Their chemistry is beyon
Jill
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paxton comes home to see his wife's bags are packed. She is leaving him to move in with her boyfriend. He tried to make his marriage work but she couldn't be bothered. They also have a young son named Jasper who will be involved in this. He starts writing again and meets a woman on a site where he published his work. They corresponded with each other and struck up a friendship for a year before they met face to face. Alissa comes to visit and they have explosive chemistry. However, Paxton's ex J ...more
Heather 123
May 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF

The book opens with Paxton's wife walking out of him and declaring that she's moving in with the guy she's been seeing that Paxton knew nothing about. It then moves to a time later when Paxton is moving on and meets a woman he's been chatting online with.

My issue with the book is right here. There's no background of the communication over emails, private messages, texts and skype calls that apparently occurred between the two. I felt no connection between the characters, no real bond that wou
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, romance
I enjoyed this book. The story was emotional rollercoaster of sadness, hate, and love. I liked the main characters and could tell how much they cared for one another, I was cheering for their happiness through the book. I thought this book was a bit different in that it wasn't a misunderstanding or perceived wrong keeping the characters apart, they just lived too far apart. I laughed and cried while reading this, I'd suggest having tissue handy.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my
Mona williams
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
this book could have had a little less sex and more about there relationship and his son. it was a great book. its about a man who was cheated on by his wife. he starts writing . he finds a woman who might just help mend his heart. there is also problems that come up in this book! thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Once Written, Twice Shy is a sweet, sexy story. Alissa and Paxton meet online on a forum for amateur authors. They come to depend upon each other and develop real feelings. When they finally meet in person, the flame sparks and it's instant chemistry between the two. But, Pax is still fighting his ex for a divorce (she doesn't want to sign the papers even though she's openly living with the man she cheated on Pax with) and Alissa doesn't live anywhere near Pax. So can the two make a real relatio ...more
D
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the premise of the book. Would have like to see a stronger chemistry between the characters because they were likeable. There were times I felt the sex scenes were thrown in and the story could have had more development to warrant those scenes.
The story was likeable but could have been more.
Viper Spaulding
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful story, beautifully written.

This starts as a captivating romance, a terrific story about Paxton and Alissa meeting and falling in love quite seamlessly. But the real story is more about making it work afterwards, dealing with the complications of fitting into each other's lives. They've got the long-distance hurdle, the jealous ex, the impressionable young child, and the emotional risks involved with starting over. All of these issues are brilliantly handled, with plenty of s
Julie
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved the story of Paxton and Allie. This was truly a touching and moving story. It was filled with love, heartbreak, joy....constantly pulling at the readers heartstrings.
Pamela W
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Paxton comes home to see his wife packing her bags and leaving him for another man. After dealing with the divorce he meets Alissa online in a forum for writers. They begin to develop feelings and decide to meet. A sexy, sweet romance with a second chance at love. A great read, will be checking out the other books in the series.

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Brandi
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
He thought he had everything until his life slowly fell apart. In a way to heal, he began writing and found something he needed. The support that he was missing and opening up his world. A second chance at love.
poppy
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good sweet romance and I enjoyed it. This was a wonderful read that had me hooked right from the start and while it was a really sweet romance it was a hot read too. With characters you cannot help but like and root for this is a super start to the series and I would recommend it.
Lianne James
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a ARC in exchange for a review.

What drew me to this book admittedly was the hunky cover model.

How it’s contents blew me away.

Jasper just steals the show, such a sweet child who endures so much for someone so young.

I liked that this was in Rex’s perspective. Alyssa well aint she an angel.
Samantha
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
Once written twice shy is the story of a father who is trying to get his life together. His life fell apart when his marriage fell apart and now his joy is his son. When a story he has written catches the attention of another writer a friendship blooms.

Alissa hasn't had great experiences with men. Paxton is different and when they meet they are explosive. But when life throws some curveball these two will he put to the test and have to make some hard decisions.

It was good a little bit dragged
Tina
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once Written, Twice Shy by Carey Decevito is the first book in the Broken Men Chronicles. I really liked this book. Very unusual that I get to read a book from a man’s point of view. I liked that. I also liked that he was not overly macho or alpha he is an average kind of soul.
Paxton has a failed marriage almost behind him. He also has a son he loves. He was chatting online with a woman from his writers’ group. They connect on many levels. So, they meet in person.
I liked he is sweet, kind, and
Anna
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written story with believable, well formed characters. The story was pretty predicable but still very enjoyable. Its a light read which is perfect for a holiday or just an afternoon sitting in the sunshine. I read it in one afternoon.
Laurie
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't normally read romance, that's my daughter's genre. But after reading the blurb for this book, I took the chance that it would be a good one. It was. It was sweet, it was sexy and above all, believable. Great book!
Jessica
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Predictable story, but good none the less. I thought it was well written.
Kinky Minx
Both Alissa and Pixton are damaged from their previous relationship. The story of how they heal with each other along the way is written beautifully and emotionally touching at many points.
Recommended for readers who are looking for healing type of love, definitely would be a good read for people who got heart broken before.

• Always Me (Shattered, #2)
  • Make Mine a Cowboy (Cowboy Dreamin', #1)
  • Sleepless in Las Vegas
  • Naughty in Norway
  • Bishop's Angel
  • Closer (The Unit, #1)
  • Waterproof (The Water Crisis Chronicles)
  • Gargoyle Addiction (Otherworlds Summons, #1)
  • How To Kill Your Boss - An Erotic Love Story
  • Stranger At The Beach House
  • Intrigued & Enchanted (Enchanted, #1)
  • Wanting You (Forever Mine, #1)
  • Deathless Love
  • Untaming Lily Wilde (Wilde, #1)
  • Frozen Barriers (Barriers #1)
  • Lonzo
  • Choosing Chase
  • Burning Attraction (Cassie, #1)
Born and raised in small town Northern Ontario, Canada, Carey Decevito has always had a penchant for reading and writing.

More than a decade later, with weeks of sleepless nights, where exhaustion settled into her everyday existence, she finally gave in and put pen to paper (more like fingers to keyboard!) She submitted to the dreams that plagued her. And the rest, as they say, is history!

A member

The Broken Men Chronicles (5 books)
  • Almost Forgotten (The Broken Men Chronicles #2)
  • Play Me to Infinity (The Broken Men Chronicles, #3)
  • To Forgive & Hold Safe (The Broken Men Chronicles #4)
  • A Heart's War (The Broken Men Chronicles, #5)