Start by marking “Choosing the Highlander (Highland Wishes #3)” as Want to Read:
Choosing the Highlander (Highland Wishes #3)

Choosing the Highlander

(Highland Wishes #3)

As a mechanical engineer in 1981 Chicago, Connie designs plumbing systems. She has also designed her life to perfection, right down to the man she hopes to marry. But when Mr. Right proposes, she can’t say yes. A head-clearing vacation brings her to the Scottish Highlands, where her free-spirited twin wishes for Connie to find true love. Neither sister expects the wish to ...more
Published June 23rd 2015 by Jessi Gage

To ask other readers questions about Choosing the Highlander, please sign up.
Jessi $3.99 at most retailers. It's up for pre-order now at Amazon, B&N, iTunes & Kobo. Release date is June 23rd!

Anne
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Once again a well written story full of exciting characters and a lovely romance. Well recommended
RJ
Virgin hero completely besotted from the get-go. Nuff said.
Abby Ang
Jun 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
"There was instantly no question that Aifric’s cervix had dilated to ten centimeters because a bluish scalp with matted black hair pressed at a perfect tight circle of flesh like a cereal bowl coming through a hole in a sock."
Inishowen Cailín
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio-books

This was a nice story but it was a bit slow for me. The beginning was fast paced and grabbed my attention quickly but I began to lose interest about a third of the way through the book and it didn't pick up, for me, until the last 20% of the story.
Dawn

++Possible Spoilers++

4 stars

I don't usually care for time travel reads, but I will admit that I enjoyed this one more than I expected.

The last 20% made up for the slower moving, slightly repettitive beginning and raised what was originally going to be a 3 star up to a 4 star.

The pace was steady and accelerated at 80% leaving me hanging on the edge of my seat until the very end. The characters were well developed and the world building was good. The antagonist was not cartooinishly evil, and his
BookPauper
Feb 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF 88%

Sooo slow. It also bugs me when the "smart, independent woman" spends so much time wondering if the man thinks she's pretty, she tells him not to touch her but why won't he touch her?! while being simultaneously baffled by her quivering lady biz. You went to college, ya simple b! (Hell, teens are hormonal horn dogs. School has nothing to do with it.) You've had sex. You should at least recognize the concept of attraction.
It picks up after a while, and I would have finished it...but I did
Dawn Brown
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, what do you get when you take a career focused girl who has everything in her life planned and structured, send her to the past 500 years, take her out of her element? Only to have her questioning the choices she has made? Then add a sexy highland lord to the picture that is fighting for justice and reform that rescues her from being burned at the stake? You have a clash of wills and a struggle of the heart, but which will win out. This is a must read, although it took me a couple of chapter ...more
Barbara➰
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Another beautiful romance by Jessi Gage. I was so glad to have Connie and Wilhelm's story after reading about them in the first book, Wishing For a Highlander.
Nikki Barrett
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: toreview
Fantastic book!! Full review to come...
Boundless Book Reviews
Choosing the Highlanders is a story that takes readers through time to provide the perfect combination of love, drama, action, and magic! The characters were well developed and easily relatable.

It was a quick and smooth read. I loved it. I rate it with 4 Boundless Stars.

Tiblu
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a really great time and I wish I could go there too..

I really enjoyed this story you can easily see just how much work and care Ms. Gage puts into all her works,I Loved "Wishing for a Highlander" ,I just Adored Melanie and poor and very sweet "big" Darcy ( I always laugh when I think of Darcy's so called problem thou it's caused him a great deal of pain,and seemed to make the girls of his time run away but was the kinda " problem" that would had all the girls running to him NOT from him) ;
Isabel Winsor
Loved it! I was just about to pre-order Jessi Gage's new book, Choosing the Highlander when she sent a copy to me for a review!

Just as she had with the first two books in this series, Jessi's characters and her masterful storytelling enchanted me. It's the 80's and Connie has run away from a successful career and a sort-of-fiance to Scotland with her twin sister. But when she stands in a magic circle, she finds herself in Medieval Scotland. About to be burned at the stake as a witch, she is resc
Cynthia
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so very much enjoyed this novel. I love that Constance was afraid to love, she had set plans for herself, but she forget to find that one thing that made a difference, she was purpose to by the man she was seeing and instead of saying no, she went to Scotland to be with her Twin who was the free spirit of the two of them. While there they went to a Druid site and her sister stated that she wanted her to find love and made a wish and pop she was in Scotland 500 years before and going to be burn ...more
Laura Hamadi
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am loving Jessi Gage, and I am LOVING this series!

There's something mystical about being able to travel back and forth in time. I can't resist a novel that involves time travel; it draws me and then drowns me slowly, allowing me to luxuriate in the bliss of it all. The characters were like old friends, having been previously introduced in the first novel. The kind of friends that when you meet, it's like starting up the conversation where you left off. I adored getting to see a younger, more i
Listener
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: highland-romance
I somehow managed to enjoy this and the first book in the series despite the insta lust/love thing and the fact that they were often OTT and completely unrealistic, besides the time traveling plot obvously.
I skipped the second book as I didn't care to read Anya's story to see if she redeemed herself.
Like the rest of this series it is sweet, cute, and not at all historically accurate if that is something that is important for you. I don't care about that though and like lighthearted reads so I loved it. It is the third of the series, but can be read as a standalone. In fact the events here take place before book one.
Barb  Arnold
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! First time reader of Gage read all 3 within days of each other.
Just as she had with the first two books in this one Jessi's characters and her masterful storytelling enchanted me. I couldn't put them down. Great read start to finish.

I can't wait for the next one. Thank you for the enjoyable read!
SuzyHD
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Enjoyable 5+

This story was very enjoyable to read. The storyline has passion and well developed characters. The story holds your interest from start to finish. Definitely recommend reading this book.
Kylie Gilmore
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Part time travel, part historical, and SO romantic. The hero Wilhelm was dreamy and I loved how the heroine grew from her orderly existence into a more rounded and truly happy person. Now I have to catch up on the rest of the series!
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone
Ages of H and h:
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex In The Book: (view spoiler)
HEA/HFN/etc Ending: (view spoiler)
Abar Afrn
Amazing! I LOVED this book. This was the first book in This Series that caught my attention and I had to wait a month after reading the last one to get to this one. It was just as amazing as I thought (hoped) it to be.

I have been wanting to read Constance and Wilhelm's story ever since they were introduced in the very first book. Their story was as cute and sweet as I had thought it would be. Like I said amazing.

I love Jessi Gage's writing style. Her storyline is amazing and her characters are r
Jacque
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read. Taking a girl from the 80's and finding her true love with a Scottish highlander what a combination!

I enjoyed the story, and felt like I was going back in time myself by reliving through the main character. The items she took with her...a Walkman, a travel guide...ha, things from my past long forgotten! Fun read!
Suzanne Wagner
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable Time Travel

This book answered all my wishes in a time travel story. I liked the plot but I really felt the characters emotions. I'm not a twin but I had a sister named Leslie and we were best friends. Those exchanges with her sister made my heart ache. Great story.
Holly
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was probably an OK book. It’s just that it seems like it has all been done before. If you are new to this genre it might be fresh and appealing. But for someone who has read quite a bit of time travel/Highlander books it’s old news.
Janet L Seager
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Choosing the Highlander

I enjoyed this book from start to finish I was really sorry to see it and I will be reading more of your books.
Hayat
Jes Jester
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very whimsical highland romance. The best part was the role reversal. For once, the man was the pure-as-the-driven-snow virgin and the woman was the experienced one.
Linda Pallenik
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.

It was really good. Great story line and a lot of unexpected twists. I highly recommend reading this book. One
Debby
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
The audible version was meh. The narrator was too breathy at the end of each sentence.
I found this story boring. To fall instantly in-love? Puhleeze. Bored, bored, bored.
Patricia Carcasses
Sweet and smart!

A fun story with lot's of heart... Sweet words and sentimentalism run through the tale making u wish you had a Highland of your own.

• Highland Passage
  • A Tryst in Time
  • Behind the Plaid (Highland Bound, #1)
  • Taken (A Laird for All Time)
  • Seducing Mr. Darcy
  • Lonely is the Knight (Merriweather Sisters Time Travel #3)
  • A Wish to Build a Dream On
  • Love Beyond Hope (Morna's Legacy, #3)
  • Must Love Chainmail (Must Love, #2)
  • Sab
  • Bewitching the Knight
  • Highland Shifter (MacCoinnich Time Travels, #4)
  • Reunited (Lost Highlander, #2)
  • Anywhere in Time (Magic of Time Book 2)
  • My Timeswept Heart (Blackwells, #1)
  • Forever Mine
  • Defying a Pirate
  • Journey to Yesterday (Yesterday, #1)
Jessi lives with her husband and children in the Seattle area. She’s a passionate reader of all genres of romance, especially anything involving the paranormal. Ghosts, demons, vampires, weres, faeries...you name it, she’ll read it. As for writing, she's sticking to Highlanders and contemporaries with a paranormal twist (for now).

For updates, visit Jessi's website at www.jessigage.com. Using the

Highland Wishes (4 books)
  • Wishing For a Highlander (Highland Wishes #1)
  • The Wolf and the Highlander (Highland Wishes #2)
  • King's Highlander (Highland Wishes #4)